Page 62 of 88 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    You'll probably be forced to use outside moves for coverage, though.

You probably can't handle everything with recoil moves alone. I don't think any pokemon really has perfect coverage between recoil moves.

Though you're right about the 5%. I think it should be changed to a certain amount of the damage done, like 20% or something.
    I'd change the damage done to the user to be either 12.5% of the user's HP or 25% of the damage done, whichever is greater. This would discourage abuse of the ability on Pokémon that don't have perfect coverage with recoil moves.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Life Orb also wouldn't be affected by this. Life Orb is an independent event of the attack connecting with the foe (although I have no idea why Life Orb damage is negated with Sheer Force, probably a glitch that went unfixed in BW2).

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    i had the same idea.

New Ability: Unearthly Fortitude

the user takes half damage from self inflicted damge via a move or item.
    Weaker version of rock head. Also, sticky barb and black sludge would be the only two items afffected, since toxic and flame orbs give a status, and the ability says nothing about that.

Here's one: Paradox

When a pokemon is switched into a pokemon with this ability, the opposing pokemon's ability is nullified for one turn.

This shuts down intimidate, poison heal(for one turn), unnerve, etc. Not game breaking, but pretty useful in double and triple battles.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by irock245 View Post
    Weaker version of rock head. Also, sticky barb and black sludge would be the only two items afffected, since toxic and flame orbs give a status, and the ability says nothing about that.
    Actually, Black Sludge wouldn't be affected, because the user takes damage as a result of the end-of-turn trigger, rather than the user actually doing anything to get that damage. And Sticky Barb, too, for the same reason.

When a pokemon is switched into a pokemon with this ability, the opposing pokemon's ability is nullified for one turn.

This shuts down intimidate, poison heal(for one turn), unnerve, etc. Not game breaking, but pretty useful in double and triple battles.
    Sure, I guess. What would the "activation message" be? Pressure's is "____ is exerting its Pressure!", whereas Unnerve's is "The foe is too nervous to eat Berries!" :P

New move: Motive.

Flavor Text: works like Curse but doesn't use the damage inflicting effect from Ghost mons and raise sp attack and sp defense but lowers speed by 1.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    New move: Motive.

Flavor Text: works like Curse but doesn't use the damage inflicting effect from Ghost mons and raise sp attack and sp defense but lowers speed by 1.
    Hmm... that's a pretty good move.

I understand that it lowers Speed due to it being a mirror of Curse, but if it is a mirror of Curse, it should still retain the Ghost-type curse effect. Either that, or the name could use some change. After all, if you're more motivated to do something, you're more likely to do it faster.

It's time to improve another duo pokemon! Plusle Minun.

You're probably thinking I'm nuts, but yeah, Plusle and Minun are already really bad themselves. I want to at least make them usable in doubles, like what they're supposed to be.

Renewed Abilities:
    Plus: In a double battle, Plus will raise the user's and the ally's special attack and special defense by 50% respectively.
    Minus: In a double battle, Minus will raise the user's and the ally's speed and defense by 50% respectively.

Items:
    Cheering Baton
    > In a double battle, it will raise you and your ally's special attack and speed by 50% respectively. The effect can only be in effect when Plusle or Minun is holding the item.

Now, to moves

Moves:
    Electro String (Electric)
    PP: 20/Power: 50/Accuracy: 85/Category: Special/Target: All enemies/Priority: 0
    The user shoots out electrical strings that entangle the foes, lowering their speed stat by one stage and raises the power of Electro Ball by 25%.

Gah I've done my best lol

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post

You're probably thinking I'm nuts, but yeah, Plusle and Minun are already really bad themselves. I want to at least make them usable in doubles, like what they're supposed to be.

Renewed Abilities:
    Plus: In a double battle, Plus will raise the user's and the ally's special attack and special defense by 50% respectively.
    Minus: In a double battle, Minus will raise the user's and the ally's speed and defense by 50% respectively.

Items:
    Cheering Baton
    > In a double battle, it will raise you and your ally's special attack and speed by 50% respectively. The effect can only be in effect when Plusle or Minun is holding the item.

Now, to moves

Moves:
    The user shoots out electrical strings that entangle the foes, lowering their speed stat by one stage and raises the power of Electro Ball by 25%.

Sheesh. Someone's a huge Plusle and Minun fan. Either way, all of your re-works seem to be targeted towards improving those two alone, and Electro String is just another version of Electro Web.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Sheesh. Someone's a huge Plusle and Minun fan. Either way, all of your re-works seem to be targeted towards improving those two alone, and Electro String is just another version of Electro Web.
    Actually, I'm not. I don't really even like them much. It's just that i think that it should be fair that they deserve the stuff they were trying to promote (doubles) and not tossed about like some random rag dolls. Actually, on second thought, I'm doing Pachirisu next

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    This move is too complex to be implemented, I'd say. The function also contradicts itself with its two different Rapid Spin triggers. There's nothing wrong with this entry hazard being one layer only, removing itself and dealing 25% damage to an incoming Pokémon.

By the way, what does one-time use only even mean? Does it mean that you can only use Landmine once per battle, or does it just mean that there can only be one landmine down on each side at a time?
    One-time use means only one layer, so it can't be stacked,

It also acts first, so your stealth rocks (if you have any) are destroyed before use.

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Renewed Abilities:

Items:
    Cheering Baton

Now, to moves

Moves:

Plus and Minus - Keep in mind that it's not only these two anymore that can have Plus or Minus. Pokémon like Manectric, Ampharos, and friends can also have these now.
    They should also only work if an ally has the opposite ability. It only makes sense flavorfully.

Cheering Baton - So if you have a Minun on the left, a Plusle in the middle with this item, and a Minun on the right, each with their respective abilities, which Pokémon get what boosts? I like the item itself; it seems very cute, but I'm just confused on what the effects actually are.

Electro String - I'm assuming it raises the power of the user's Electro Ball by 25%. But does this benefit stack? As in, if you use this move three times, does Electro Ball's power increase by x (1.25 x 1.25 x 1.25), x1.75, or only x1.25?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobthepokemonfreak View Post
    One-time use means only one layer, so it can't be stacked,

It also acts first, so your stealth rocks (if you have any) are destroyed before use.
    Hmm... that would mean that every two turns (at the very maximum), a Pokémon is hit for 1/2 of their health, give or take 1/8 depending on their type.
    As it is, it's horrendously powerful, too much so to be implemented. :/

Quote Originally Posted by irock245 View Post

nope. it works on lo, recoil moves, curse, belly drum. i fail to see how that is inferior.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Alright, here's a new item:

New Item: Dormant Band
    "A gray band that inflicts damage to the holding Pokémon. Abilities of the opposing Pokémon's team don't trigger."
    - The holding Pokémon is damaged for 12.5% of its HP at the end of every turn. However, abilities that would normally trigger don't trigger.

I'm going to let you guys guess what abilities are nullified by this.

Shouldn't you tone down the recoil a bit? 1/8 seems a bit too much, I think 1/10 might be more suitable.

As for the trigger part, me dunnoz xD

Luminious (Psychic)
    PP: 15/Power: 65/Accuracy: 100/Category: Special/Target: All Pokemon on field/Priority: 0/User: Self
    The user discharges a bright light, doing damage and raises accuracy if hits.

Items
    Deflector
    "A small machine, it will counter a priority move, but the item is consumed upon usage."
    - It deflects a priority move, so it's pretty much a free turn if Scizor wants to BP you.
    Deflector's Fling : B.P 70 / Foe's Priority move do 50% less.

Cursed Orb
    "A small orb that contains restless spirits. Heals a ghost pokemon by 6.25%, but lays a curse if a non-ghost pokemon holds it"
    - It's a ghost variant of Black Sludge, except that if a foe holds it, they'll be inflicted with a curse condition.
    Curse Orb's Fling: > Cannot be Flinged <

ASB Squad

Shouldn't you tone down the recoil a bit? 1/8 seems a bit too much, I think 1/10 might be more suitable.

As for the trigger part, me dunnoz xD
    If you'd like, I can give you a complete list of every single ability that is shut down by the item. It's really long though.

Luminious (Psychic)
    PP: 15/Power: 65/Accuracy: 100/Category: Special/Target: All Pokemon on field/Priority: 0/User: Self
    The user discharges a bright light, doing damage and raises accuracy if hits.

Items
    Deflector
    "A small machine, it will counter a priority move, but the item is consumed upon usage."
    - It deflects a priority move, so it's pretty much a free turn if Scizor wants to BP you.
    Deflector's Fling : B.P 70 / Foe's Priority move do 50% less.

Cursed Orb
    "A small orb that contains restless spirits. Heals a ghost pokemon by 6.25%, but lays a curse if a non-ghost pokemon holds it"
    - It's a ghost variant of Black Sludge, except that if a foe holds it, they'll be inflicted with a curse condition.
    Curse Orb's Fling: > Cannot be Flinged <
    Luminous - This move will pretty much always raise accuracy in a Double or Triple Battle, even if its base accuracy is only 75 or so. It's a pretty good move nonetheless.

Deflector - I'm assuming it doesn't affect moves that have their priority increased by one due to Prankster? The Fling effect of the foes' priority moves doing 50% less doesn't work, though, since Fling is a one-time thing.

Cursed Orb - Ooh. I really, really like this item. The only confusion I have is whether or not a Pokémon already cursed with a Cursed Orb would be able to be cursed again by an opponent's Ghost-type Pokémon.

lately, me and some of my friends have been thinking of making a borderline between OU and Uber, because some pokemon are just overkill in OU, while others stand no chance in Ubers. So far we have come up with these:

Keldeo
    Tornadus-T
    Starmie
    Ferrothron
    Garchomp
    Scizor
    Latias
    Latios
    Thundurus
    Thundurus-T
    Manaphy
    Politoed
    Tyranitar
    Jirachi
    Genesect
    Gliscor

and possibly a couple other I have forgotten. If you are wondering why I didn't add some pokemon, here is why:

Excadrill: Still OP in sand
    Dragonite: It is strong, and multiscale is useful, but in a metagame with lots of sand storms, it can easily be defeated
    Salamence: Moxie is a good ability, and it is decent speed, but is easily out-classed by the other dragons and walled or crippled by most of the the tier
    Shaymin-S: We were considering it, but eventually decided no because it's sorta like Flinchrachi but stronger and faster
    Mew: Also considered, but it was really mostly out-classed as anything but a baton passer
    Jellicent: It just wouldn't last that well in this tier, with all the taunters
    Skarmory:...really?
    Blissey:...really?
    Chansey: It is very good with Eviolite, but unless in a double battle, has snatch and snatches Cotton Guard, it will die without lefties.
    Breloom: The majority of the tier outspeeds and KOs it
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613

Credit to Astral Shadow

Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

I was looking at TMs

They really should change Incinerate to be a fire type Knock-Off, as it is it's terrible.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    I was looking at TMs

They really should change Incinerate to be a fire type Knock-Off, as it is it's terrible.
    They really should. And they should make Berries incinerated this way un-Harvestable. :P

Anyway, here's the list of all abilities that are shut down by a Dormant Band:
    - Aftermath
    - Anger Point
    - Anticipation
    - Bad Dreams
    - Color Change
    - Cursed Body
    - Cute Charm
    - Defiant
    - Download
    - Drizzle
    - Drought
    - Dry Skin
    - Effect Spore
    - Flame Body
    - Forecast
    - Forewarn
    - Frisk
    - Harvest
    - Healer
    - Hydration
    - Ice Body
    - Intimidate
    - Iron Barbs
    - Justified
    - Lightningrod (only the Sp. Atk raise; the Pokémon will still take no damage from Electric-type moves and will still draw the move toward itself)
    - Moody
    - Motor Drive (only the Speed raise; the Pokémon will still take no damage from Electric-type moves)
    - Moxie
    - Mummy
    - Natural Cure (Note that this is an ability that is triggered; it's just not shown on-screen. It triggers upon the Pokémon being switched out.)
    - Pickpocket
    - Pickup
    - Poison Heal (This will not make the Pokémon with Poison Heal lose HP from poison; it'll just stop the Pokémon from getting healed after every turn.)
    - Poison Point
    - Poison Touch
    - Rain Dish
    - Rattled
    - Regenerator (Like Natural Cure, this is an ability that is triggered; the trigger condition is the Pokémon being switched out.)
    - Rough Skin
    - Sand Stream
    - Sap Sipper (only the Attack raise; the Pokémon will still take no damage from Grass-type moves)
    - Shed Skin
    - Slow Start
    - Snow Warning
    - Speed Boost
    - Static
    - Steadfast
    - Storm Drain (only the Sp. Atk raise; the Pokémon will still take no damage from Water-type moves and will still draw the move toward itself)
    - Synchronize
    - Trace
    - Unburden
    - Unnerve
    - Weak Armor
    - Zen Mode
    ...as well as any abilities that are in this thread that trigger similarly that I decide to include in a continuity with this ability

Note that the definition of "trigger" in the context of this item only counts Abilities that trigger at the end of every turn and when the Pokémon is first sent out, as well as most Abilities that trigger upon something happening. Therefore, it doesn't affect Lightningrod, because it "replaces" the intended Pokémon being hit to the Pokémon with Lightningrod being hit, but it does affect Justified, since it triggers upon being hit by a Dark-type move.

Abilities in bold are ones that are notably prevented from triggering.

Having said that, though, please tell me if I accidentally include an ability that doesn't fit the criteria that I stated above.

Quote Originally Posted by bobyjoe5000 View Post
    lately, me and some of my friends have been thinking of making a borderline between OU and Uber, because some pokemon are just overkill in OU, while others stand no chance in Ubers. So far we have come up with these:

Keldeo
    Tornadus-T
    Starmie
    Ferrothron
    Garchomp
    Scizor
    Latias
    Latios
    Thundurus
    Thundurus-T
    Manaphy
    Politoed
    Tyranitar
    Jirachi
    Genesect
    Gliscor

and possibly a couple other I have forgotten. If you are wondering why I didn't add some pokemon, here is why:

Excadrill: Still OP in sand
    Dragonite: It is strong, and multiscale is useful, but in a metagame with lots of sand storms, it can easily be defeated
    Salamence: Moxie is a good ability, and it is decent speed, but is easily out-classed by the other dragons and walled or crippled by most of the the tier
    Shaymin-S: We were considering it, but eventually decided no because it's sorta like Flinchrachi but stronger and faster
    Mew: Also considered, but it was really mostly out-classed as anything but a baton passer
    Jellicent: It just wouldn't last that well in this tier, with all the taunters
    Skarmory:...really?
    Blissey:...really?
    Chansey: It is very good with Eviolite, but unless in a double battle, has snatch and snatches Cotton Guard, it will die without lefties.
    Breloom: The majority of the tier outspeeds and KOs it
    you posted this already. i still think it's bad.

why does everyone (except for saying it's a weaker [blank] skip over my posts?)
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Dragon Dance Garchomp <---- kidding.

New Struggle Bug: Base Power is increased to 80 and keeps its sp attacking lowering effect.

New Struggle Bug: Base Power is increased to 80 and keeps its sp attacking lowering effect.
    strictly better bug buzz with more distrubution.

Considering that Struggle Bug's Sp. Atk drop is guaranteed, I'd say it's a bit too good at this point. Scald is already extremely good with its 30% secondary effect chance.

Anyway, what do people think about Dormant Band?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of the Forums
    strictly better bug buzz with more distrubution.
    It's not strictly better, since it has less power and drops a different stat than Bug Buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Anyway, what do people think about Dormant Band?
    The HP drop would probably do an excellent job at balancing it. However, I don't think it'll ever see any good use, since losing that much HP a turn is extremely risky.

How about canceling out your own pokemon's ability as well?
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    The HP drop would probably do an excellent job at balancing it. However, I don't think it'll ever see any good use, since losing that much HP a turn is extremely risky.

How about canceling out your own pokemon's ability as well?
    I initially wanted to make it an ability called Dormancy or something. Should I scrap the 12.5% HP drop per turn penalty?

As for cancelling out the holder's ability as well, I'll have to pass. The point of the item is to shut down trigger abilities of your opponent's Pokémon, not those of all Pokémon on the field.

What's the Dormant Band?

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    What's the Dormant Band?
    Item: Dormant Band
    "A gray band that inflicts damage to the holding Pokémon. Abilities of the opposing Pokémon's team don't trigger."
    - The holding Pokémon is damaged for 12.5% of its HP at the end of every turn. However, if any of the opposing Pokémon have any of the following abilities, they don't trigger:
    - Aftermath
    - Anger Point
    - Anticipation
    - Bad Dreams
    - Color Change
    - Cursed Body
    - Cute Charm
    - Defiant
    - Download
    - Drizzle
    - Drought
    - Dry Skin
    - Effect Spore
    - Flame Body
    - Forecast
    - Forewarn
    - Frisk
    - Harvest
    - Healer
    - Hydration
    - Ice Body
    - Intimidate
    - Iron Barbs
    - Justified
    - Lightningrod (only the Sp. Atk raise; the Pokémon will still take no damage from Electric-type moves and will still draw the move toward itself)
    - Moody
    - Motor Drive (only the Speed raise; the Pokémon will still take no damage from Electric-type moves)
    - Moxie
    - Mummy
    - Natural Cure (Note that this is an ability that is triggered; it's just not shown on-screen. It triggers upon the Pokémon being switched out.)
    - Pickpocket
    - Pickup
    - Poison Heal (This will not make the Pokémon with Poison Heal lose HP from poison; it'll just stop the Pokémon from getting healed after every turn.)
    - Poison Point
    - Poison Touch
    - Rain Dish
    - Rattled
    - Regenerator (Like Natural Cure, this is an ability that is triggered; the trigger condition is the Pokémon being switched out.)
    - Rough Skin
    - Sand Stream
    - Sap Sipper (only the Attack raise; the Pokémon will still take no damage from Grass-type moves)
    - Shed Skin
    - Slow Start
    - Snow Warning
    - Speed Boost
    - Static
    - Steadfast
    - Storm Drain (only the Sp. Atk raise; the Pokémon will still take no damage from Water-type moves and will still draw the move toward itself)
    - Synchronize
    - Trace
    - Unburden
    - Unnerve
    - Weak Armor
    - Zen Mode
    ...as well as any abilities that are in this thread that trigger similarly that I decide to include in a continuity with this ability

Page 62 of 88 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast