Page 63 of 88 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Item: Dormant Band
    "A gray band that inflicts damage to the holding Pokémon. Abilities of the opposing Pokémon's team don't trigger."
    - The holding Pokémon is damaged for 12.5% of its HP at the end of every turn. However, if any of the opposing Pokémon have any of the following abilities, they don't trigger:
    - Aftermath
    - Anger Point
    - Anticipation
    - Bad Dreams
    - Color Change
    - Cursed Body
    - Cute Charm
    - Defiant
    - Download
    - Drizzle
    - Drought
    - Dry Skin
    - Effect Spore
    - Flame Body
    - Forecast
    - Forewarn
    - Frisk
    - Harvest
    - Healer
    - Hydration
    - Ice Body
    - Intimidate
    - Iron Barbs
    - Justified
    - Lightningrod (only the Sp. Atk raise; the Pokémon will still take no damage from Electric-type moves and will still draw the move toward itself)
    - Moody
    - Motor Drive (only the Speed raise; the Pokémon will still take no damage from Electric-type moves)
    - Moxie
    - Mummy
    - Natural Cure (Note that this is an ability that is triggered; it's just not shown on-screen. It triggers upon the Pokémon being switched out.)
    - Pickpocket
    - Pickup
    - Poison Heal (This will not make the Pokémon with Poison Heal lose HP from poison; it'll just stop the Pokémon from getting healed after every turn.)
    - Poison Point
    - Poison Touch
    - Rain Dish
    - Rattled
    - Regenerator (Like Natural Cure, this is an ability that is triggered; the trigger condition is the Pokémon being switched out.)
    - Rough Skin
    - Sand Stream
    - Sap Sipper (only the Attack raise; the Pokémon will still take no damage from Grass-type moves)
    - Shed Skin
    - Slow Start
    - Snow Warning
    - Speed Boost
    - Static
    - Steadfast
    - Storm Drain (only the Sp. Atk raise; the Pokémon will still take no damage from Water-type moves and will still draw the move toward itself)
    - Synchronize
    - Trace
    - Unburden
    - Unnerve
    - Weak Armor
    - Zen Mode
    ...as well as any abilities that are in this thread that trigger similarly that I decide to include in a continuity with this ability
    Sounds like another version of Mold Breaker. You might as well adjust the item so that the holder cannot use his/her abilities (That means no health penalty). At least then it would make for good use on a decent Trick set.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Sounds like another version of Mold Breaker. You might as well adjust the item so that the holder cannot use his/her abilities (That means no health penalty). At least then it would make for good use on a decent Trick set.
    It does look like Mold Breaker at first glance, but Mold Breaker stops all abilities that would hinder the moves of a Pokémon with it. This stops things like the foe's annoying Politoed and Salamence with Drizzle and Intimidate.

The point of the item is to lock the foe's abilities from triggering, not the holder's. Tricking a Dormant Band away helps your opponent.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

The Choice Braclet:
    Increases HP but locks user into one move

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    The Choice Braclet:
    Increases HP but locks user into one move
    Increases HP by how much? And what if the holder has its item Knocked Off?

Increases HP by how much? And what if the holder has its item Knocked Off?
    50% like every other choice item and it stops the bonus when it's knocked off.

50% like every other choice item and it stops the bonus when it's knocked off.
    So if a Blissey with 1071/1071 HP gets its item Knocked Off after being dealt 107 damage, does it revert to 714/714 (since that's the HP value closest to 964 that it could possibly have), or does it revert to 643/714 (the percentage of HP that Blissey had left)?

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    breaking news. if it negated your ability, slaking says hi.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

So if a Blissey with 1071/1071 HP gets its item Knocked Off after being dealt 107 damage, does it revert to 714/714 (since that's the HP value closest to 964 that it could possibly have), or does it revert to 643/714 (the percentage of HP that Blissey had left)?
    It reverts to normal HP.

It reverts to normal HP.
    ...I got that much. But that doesn't answer my question. o:

If the HP of the holding Pokémon at the time it had its Choice Bracelet on is greater than or equal to its regular maximum HP, does its remaining HP revert down to its maximum HP, or does it revert down to the same percentage of HP that it was at before it had its Choice Bracelet removed?

...I got that much. But that doesn't answer my question. o:

If the HP of the holding Pokémon at the time it had its Choice Bracelet on is greater than or equal to its regular maximum HP, does its remaining HP revert down to its maximum HP, or does it revert down to the same percentage of HP that it was at before it had its Choice Bracelet removed?
    The remaining HP it had reverts down to its maximum HP

New Item: Choice Bell
    "An item to be held by a Pokémon. This bell gradually restores the holder's HP, but allows the use of only one of its moves."
    - It's like Leftovers and a Choice item combined. It restores 1/6th of the holder's HP after every turn.

The remaining HP it had reverts down to its maximum HP
    the way you word that means that if it had less then max and then its item was knocked off it would gain hit points.

"An item to be held by a Pokémon. This bell gradually restores the holder's HP, but allows the use of only one of its moves."
    - It's like Leftovers and a Choice item combined. It restores 1/6th of the holder's HP after every turn.
    now this is interesting.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

I noticed that in G3, Bannette and Dusclops were rivals, but Bannette didn't get an avolution in G4. Instead though, I'll be making a signature move and item:

Pain Exhort
    PP: 5
    Type: Status
    Power: N/A
    Effect: If you attack before the target, they have a 35% chance of hitting themselves with damage equal to 1/2 the damage you'd normally take form the attack. The chance is doubled if you are holding a Exhort Sphere.

Item:
    Exhort Sphere
    Effect: Increases Bannette's speed by 40% if held, but loses 1/8th of it's HP every turn. Doubles the chance of Pain Exhort's secondary effect of happening.
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613

Credit to Astral Shadow

Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

Quote Originally Posted by bobyjoe5000 View Post
    I noticed that in G3, Bannette and Dusclops were rivals, but Bannette didn't get an avolution in G4. Instead though, I'll be making a signature move and item:
    Yeah, same with Scyther and Pinsir in generation I. Oh well.

Pain Exhort
    PP: 5
    Type: Status
    Power: N/A
    Effect: If you attack before the target, they have a 35% chance of hitting themselves with damage equal to 1/2 the damage you'd normally take form the attack. The chance is doubled if you are holding a Pain Sphere.

Item:
    Pain Sphere
    Effect: Increases Bannette's speed by 40% if held, but loses 1/8th of it's HP every turn. Doubles the chance of Pain Exhort's secondary effect of happening.
    For Pain Exhort, does the target still do the damage to the user, or is the attack replaced with them hitting themselves?

I think both of these are pretty neat.

Yeah, same with Scyther and Pinsir in generation I. Oh well.

For Pain Exhort, does the target still do the damage to the user, or is the attack replaced with them hitting themselves?

I think both of these are pretty neat.
    bannette will not take damage
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613

Credit to Astral Shadow

Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

New Ability: Alleviate
    "Instantly restores a status condition at the cost of HP."
    - Whenever a Pokémon with Alleviate is inflicted with a non-volatile status condition (poison, burn, paralysis, sleep, freeze, and infection*), the status will be healed immediately at the cost of 12.5% of its HP.

If a Pokémon with Alleviate is holding a Toxic Orb or a Flame Orb, yes, it'll trigger every time that the Orb tries to inflict that status condition.

New Ability: Alleviate
    "Instantly restores a status condition at the cost of HP."
    - Whenever a Pokémon with Alleviate is inflicted with a non-volatile status condition (poison, burn, paralysis, sleep, freeze, and infection*), the status will be healed immediately at the cost of 12.5% of its HP.

If a Pokémon with Alleviate is holding a Toxic Orb or a Flame Orb, yes, it'll trigger every time that the Orb tries to inflict that status condition.
    As much as this move works different with Natural Cure / Hydration, this would not be the best move I'd use. If on a stall pokemon, Alleviate would be vastly inferior to Natural Cure, as switching around doesn't bother a stall mon as much, or Hydration, seeing how there's rain teams running EVERYWHERE.

Anyways, pretty solid :3 I like

But I have a question here:

Turn 1: Sableye uses Will-o-Wisp, MissingNo (with Alleviate) is inflicted by the burn, MissingNo uses Tail Whip.

Now, the question is, which would activate first? The burn 12.5% or Alleviate ability? If it's the latter, then I'd say that you'd have 25% stripped away everytime someone wants to cast a status on you.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    As much as this move works different with Natural Cure / Hydration, this would not be the best move I'd use. If on a stall pokemon, Alleviate would be vastly inferior to Natural Cure, as switching around doesn't bother a stall mon as much, or Hydration, seeing how there's rain teams running EVERYWHERE.

Anyways, pretty solid :3 I like
    Sometimes, stall Pokémon don't really get a chance to shine again after they're withdrawn. :P

But I have a question here:

Turn 1: Sableye uses Will-o-Wisp, MissingNo (with Alleviate) is inflicted by the burn, MissingNo uses Tail Whip.

Now, the question is, which would activate first? The burn 12.5% or Alleviate ability? If it's the latter, then I'd say that you'd have 25% stripped away everytime someone wants to cast a status on you.
    Within the turn, Sableye uses Will-o-Wisp on a MissingNo with 100% HP, and MissingNo gets burned. MissingNo's Alleviate activates, healing it of its burn, but is now at 87.5% health. Then MissingNo uses whatever it wants.

But the 12.5% recoil on a stall pokemon hurts, especially on stuff that doesn't have a good source of recovery. I'd prefer to use Lum Berry, but yeah.

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    breaking news. if it negated your ability, slaking says hi.
    Lack of Leftovers and any other good items waves back.

But the 12.5% recoil on a stall pokemon hurts, especially on stuff that doesn't have a good source of recovery. I'd prefer to use Lum Berry, but yeah.
    That's true, I guess. You could probably use Recover or something and not have to worry about needing to use Refresh to compensate, though, since this would be a Hustle toggle ability for Togekiss.

Not to mention, it can still hold Leftovers! (:

So I'd imagine something like this (I made it in like a minute, so more careful analysis would probably make a better moveset and EV distribution):

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Alleviate
    EV's: Something (I'm too lazy to calculate them)
    Nasty Plot
    Stored Power
    Aura Sphere
    Roost

Wait can you tell me the distribution?

Togekiss would gladly prefer Serene Grace or even Hustle, on the rarely seen physical sets.

ASB Squad

Wait can you tell me the distribution?

Togekiss would gladly prefer Serene Grace or even Hustle, on the rarely seen physical sets.
    Uhh... I don't really come up with distribution when I make battle mechanics, so...

Togekiss would definitely be one of them. Maybe Starmie, Alomomola, Lanturn, Gorebyss, and Blissey?

Like GOTF said, this isn't bad, Draginite could abuse this with Multiscale really well and maybe other mons.

Uhh... I don't really come up with distribution when I make battle mechanics, so...

Togekiss would definitely be one of them. Maybe Starmie, Alomomola, Lanturn, Gorebyss, and Blissey?
    Starmie would have a contest of choosing Natural Cure or Alleviate, it really depends on the set
    Alomonola would really love to keep its Regenerator, or even Hydration.
    Lanturn would keep its Volt Absorb or even Water Absorb.
    Blissey would really like Natural Cure, just saying.

The one who might really like it has to be Gorebyss on a UU team. As Sableye would really love to cripple the poor eel with prankster Will-o-wisp that gets passed to the next person, an instant healing seems great, since there's usually no rain. It'd also have a niche over Hydration to instant curing, rather than the end of the turn type of thing.

ASB Squad

Page 63 of 88 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast