Page 64 of 88 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Starmie would have a contest of choosing Natural Cure or Alleviate, it really depends on the set
    Alomonola would really love to keep its Regenerator, or even Hydration.
    Lanturn would keep its Volt Absorb or even Water Absorb.
    Blissey would really like Natural Cure, just saying.
    Well, if I were to implement abilities for Pokémon, I'd obviously have to make some Pokémon-ability combinations horrible and some really good. Otherwise, there wouldn't really be any balance between past mechanics and the ones I implemented. :P

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Well, if I were to implement abilities for Pokémon, I'd obviously have to make some Pokémon-ability combinations horrible and some really good. Otherwise, there wouldn't really be any balance between past mechanics and the ones I implemented. :P
    I agree. But the point I'm trying to make is that Alleviate may be a good idea, but above those pokemon would usually run something else. I forgot to add one, Starmie might like Alleviate since it might get pursuited if it tries to switch out.

So Gorebyss and a lesser extent Starmie would love the ability. I suggest you might want to give it to some pokemon that really needs a good alternative ability, because the abovel isted pokemon already have a good / great / awesome ability xDD

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

I agree. But the point I'm trying to make is that Alleviate may be a good idea, but above those pokemon would usually run something else. I forgot to add one, Starmie might like Alleviate since it might get pursuited if it tries to switch out.

So Gorebyss and a lesser extent Starmie would love the ability. I suggest you might want to give it to some pokemon that really needs a good alternative ability, because the abovel isted pokemon already have a good / great / awesome ability xDD
    Any examples?

Maybe when I'm finally done making custom battle mechanics, I'll start thinking about distribution. But I probably won't be done for a very long time; last time I counted, I only had 46 moves on my list. o:

Hmm I'm not exactly sure what Alleviate is suppose to mean, but I edit my post. Negative status don't get passed so my bad. I think certain physical sweepers might like it, like Haxorus, who (if it gets Alleviate) can sweep without carrying a Lum Berry to setup. Alleviate is also useful against pokemon who always put other stuff to sleep like Smeargle in a BP team. It can also be nice to heal the random haxed Ice Beam and stuff. I think maybe Lucario might want Alleviate, since its defense is not very amazing and Inner Focus/Justified aren't the best ability ever. There is a lot that could use Alleviate, but the ones listed are more inclined to use something else.

And since I'm talking about stuff here, time to cr8!

Shock Rock
    "A small stone that contains electricity. May Paralyse the Foe upon contact, but item is consumed if the foe is paralysed from the rock."
    - It's an item-verse of Static at 30%. If the foe doesn't get paralysed, the item won't get used up.

Lava Rock
    "A lava-hot rock. May burn the foe upon contact, but item is consumed if the foe is burned from the rock."
    - It's an item-verse of Flame Body at 30%. If the foe doesn't get burned, the item won't get used up.

Poison Rock
    "A poisonous looking rock. May poison the foe upon contact, but item is consumed if the foe is poisoned from the rock"
    - It's an item-verse of Poison Touch at 30% instead. If the foe doesn't get poisoned, the item won't get used up.

Minerva Eye
    "A pair of smart glasses that allows the user to identify the foe's item."
    - Frisk in item, yum.

ASB Squad

Hmm I'm not exactly sure what Alleviate is suppose to mean, but I edit my post. Negative status don't get passed so my bad. I think certain physical sweepers might like it, like Haxorus, who (if it gets Alleviate) can sweep without carrying a Lum Berry to setup. Alleviate is also useful against pokemon who always put other stuff to sleep like Smeargle in a BP team. It can also be nice to heal the random haxed Ice Beam and stuff. I think maybe Lucario might want Alleviate, since its defense is not very amazing and Inner Focus/Justified aren't the best ability ever. There is a lot that could use Alleviate, but the ones listed are more inclined to use something else.
    Hmm... I'd imagine that most sweepers wouldn't get it due to flavor reasons. All I know is that Spore Breloom are going to have an alternative way to sweep Pokémon with Alleviate. :P

And since I'm talking about stuff here, time to cre8!

Shock Rock
    "A small stone that contains electricity. May Paralyse the Foe upon contact, but item is consumed if the foe is paralysed from the rock."
    - It's an item-verse of Static at 30%. If the foe doesn't get paralysed, the item won't get used up.

Lava Rock
    "A lava-hot rock. May burn the foe upon contact, but item is consumed if the foe is burned from the rock."
    - It's an item-verse of Flame Body at 30%. If the foe doesn't get burned, the item won't get used up.

Poison Rock
    "A poisonous looking rock. May poison the foe upon contact, but item is consumed if the foe is poisoned from the rock"
    - It's an item-verse of Poison Touch at 30% instead. If the foe doesn't get poisoned, the item won't get used up.

Minerva Eye
    "A pair of smart glasses that allows the user to identify the foe's item."
    - Frisk in item, yum.
    Yum, abilities as items! Just like Trigger Lens, which is Skill Link on an item. :P

One note, though. For Poison Rock, I'm pretty sure you mean Poison Point and not Poison Touch, since those are two totally different abilities.

Yeah, the suggestions were all quite horrible, they don't even match the flavour of Lanturn <- really cute, just saying.

I think I meant Poison Point :3

ASB Squad

Yeah, the suggestions were all quite horrible, they don't even match the flavour of Lanturn <- really cute, just saying.
    What's cute? Lanturn? Or its flavor?
    Because if its flavor is cute, then I wouldn't really want to eat it. D:

Anyway,

New Move: Astral Wish^
    Type: Psychic / Power: 120 / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 5 / Target: Any non-user / Category: Special / Priority: 0
    "The user faints. The Pokémon taking its place is healed, and the target is blasted with psychic power."
    - Like Lunar Dance, the user faints when using this move. The target is damaged, and the Pokémon that takes the user's place is sent out at the end of the turn, and has its health restored by the amount of damage that was dealt to the target. If the target is a Dark-type Pokémon or if this move would miss, the user doesn't faint.

^ Yup, this is the one move that is boosted by the Astral Charm. Speaking of which...

New Item: Astral Charm
    "A bright pink, crystal charm. It rejuvenates the Pokémon that takes the holder's place when Astral Wish is used."
    - When a Pokémon with an Astral Charm uses Astral Wish, the Pokémon that takes the user's place doesn't have its HP restored equal to the damage dealt to the target. Instead, it has its HP, PP, and status fully restored, as well as gets +1 Defense and Sp. Def.

You ... you eat Lanturn!?!?! D:<

Rage Boost
    - Has a 50% chance to raise attack if the attack misses.

Overdrive
    - Raises power by 1.2 x every turn if the attack is used consecutively.

ASB Squad

Rage Boost

Overdrive
    - Raises power by 1.2 x every turn if the attack is used consecutively
    are these abilities or items? overdriv e turns every move into fury cutter, imagine how broken choice users could get.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

New Move: Rust
    Type: Steel / Power: N/A / Accuracy: N/A / PP: 10 / Target: User / Category: Status / Priority: 0
    "The user gains the ability Rough Skin, and the damage from Water-Type Attacks is halved. Your speed is cut by half, however."

Using this, Ferrothorn will still be able to damage opponents with it's ability, but is even better for rain teams, and immensely powerful with Gyro Ball.
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613

Credit to Astral Shadow

Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

Rage Boost

Overdrive
    Rage Boost - I guess. Note that this doesn't trigger upon the user not being able to damage a Pokémon that's used Protect, the user not being able to hit a Gastly with Jump Kick, and stuff like that. Having said that, though, since this triggers five times if all five other Pokémon in a Triple Battle don't have contact with the ground and the user uses Earthquake, I'd make it so it only applies for single-targeting moves. Otherwise, the Pokémon with Rage Boost would probably get two or three Attack boosts from one Earthquake, which is too good.

Overdrive - Flavorfully, something only goes on "overdrive" if they do it at their will. Like Ghosts of the Forums said, this would get crazy powerful with Choice Band and Choice Specs users. I'd make it so that the Overdrive boost only applies if the Pokémon with Overdrive uses the same move two or more times in a row willingly (as in it wouldn't work if the user were locked into a move by way of Taunt, Imprison, or Choice items).

Quote Originally Posted by bobyjoe5000 View Post
    New Move: Rust
    Type: Steel / Power: N/A / Accuracy: N/A / PP: 10 / Target: User / Category: Status / Priority: 0
    "The user gains the ability Rough Skin, and the damage from Water-Type Attacks is halved. Your speed is cut by half, however."

Using this, Ferrothorn will still be able to damage opponents with it's ability, but is even better for rain teams, and immensely powerful with Gyro Ball.
    While it's good for Ferrothorn, Ferrothorn already has Iron Barbs. The move itself seems a tad too complicated for implementation, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    are these abilities or items? overdriv e turns every move into fury cutter, imagine how broken choice users could get.
    Well, if it's an ability, it probably wouldn't be much more broken then scarf moxiemence and scarf moxiedos.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 150 Points
    I almost lost to a team with Sunkern before. So Sunkern for Ubers.

Rage Boost

Overdrive
    Imagine overdrive with that one item that also boosts moves used consecutively
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by irock245 View Post
    Imagine overdrive with that one item that also boosts moves used consecutively
    A Metronome?

Say that an Earthquake deals exactly 100 damage without a Choice Band, and assume no fluctuations in damage whatsoever.
    Three Earthquakes from a Choice Band user with this ability would be 150 + (150 x 1.2) + (150 x 1.2 x 1.2), or 546 damage.
    Three Earthquakes from a Metronome user with this ability would be 100 + (100 x 1.2 x 1.2) + (100 x 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.4), or 445 damage.

In fact, you'd have to use a move six times in a row just to equal the power of a Choice Band or a Choice Specs. In other words, Overdrive and Metronome isn't too powerful.

A Metronome?

Say that an Earthquake deals exactly 100 damage without a Choice Band, and assume no fluctuations in damage whatsoever.
    Three Earthquakes from a Choice Band user with this ability would be 150 + (150 x 1.2) + (150 x 1.2 x 1.2), or 546 damage.
    Three Earthquakes from a Metronome user with this ability would be 100 + (100 x 1.2 x 1.2) + (100 x 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.4), or 445 damage.

In fact, you'd have to use a move six times in a row just to equal the power of a Choice Band or a Choice Specs. In other words, Overdrive and Metronome isn't too powerful.
    but cb increase attack, not bp of physical attacks.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

but cb increase attack, not bp of physical attacks.
    That's true. However, my description didn't take either into account. I assumed that the Choice Band, after doing base power, Defense, and Attack calculations and such, would coincidentally increase Earthquake's damage by 50%.

And besides, since the same assumption was done for each of those Choice Band calculations, it doesn't really matter.

Okay, time for a new mechanic.

This new mechanic is called Luck or better known as possibility when secondary effect is triggered

The stages are the same as accuracy. Serene Grace (which doubles effect chance) is at +3, with the maximum at +6 (which has 3 times the normal chance).

Items that affect Luck
    Fortuna's Box
    "A small, mythical looking box. May raise luck."
    - Raises luck, or the effect for secondary effect to trigger by one stage.

Absorb Stone
    "A small stone that seems to absorb luck, but gives power."
    - Lowers luck, or the effect for secondary effect to trigger by one stage, but raises special attack by 15%.

Moves
    Fortune Dance (Psychic)
    PP: 15/ Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status/Priority: 0/Target: Self
    The user performs a mythical dance that raises special attack and luck.
    - A "reversed" Hone Claws with adding luck instead of accuracy.

Luck Sacrifice (Psychic)
    PP: 5/ Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status/Priority: 0/Target: Self
    The user sacrifices itself and faints, but the pokemon who switches in receives maximum luck.

I'm still working on-luck items, stay tuned!

ASB Squad

Okay, time for a new mechanic.

This new mechanic is called Luck or better known as possibility when secondary effect is triggered

The stages are the same as accuracy. Serene Grace (which doubles effect chance) is at +3, with the maximum at +6 (which has 3 times the normal chance).

Spoiler:

I'm still working on-luck items, stay tuned!
    Luck in of itself is a good idea, but x3 Luck is insane. Imagine a Togekiss with maximum Luck using Air Slash on a paralyzed foe. The foe would pretty much never be able to move.

In terms of balance, I'm not a huge fan of the mechanic, to be honest. :/

Luck in of itself is a good idea, but x3 Luck is insane. Imagine a Togekiss with maximum Luck using Air Slash on a paralyzed foe. The foe would pretty much never be able to move.

In terms of balance, I'm not a huge fan of the mechanic, to be honest. :/
    But it's kind of unrealistic for Togekiss to try and max luck. Serene Grace starts at +3, and the best Togekiss would start at would be +4 with Fortuna's Box. Now, if you want a Max Lucked Togekiss at +6, you would need to do Fortune Dance twice (including +1 from Fortuna's box). After that, you need to paralyse your foe. That would take a total of 3 turns, and Togekiss could easily be taken down before the 3rd turn ends. The lack of leftovers hurts too, and generally shortens its duration. (Besides, you can always revenge kill it, or switch in a Ghost Type for Body Slam, or Ground for Thunder Wave).

As for the scarf set... Togekiss can't boost, right? So a scarfed Togekiss has no chance of going +6, neither does a Scarf Rachi. And anyways, I'm not gonna make Fortune's Dance distribution THAT OP, so none of those two well get it (Besides, revenge killing is so common now).

In short, it really is pointless to try and get +6. So In my opinion luck is more comparable with critical :3

ASB Squad

They should bring Thunder's chance to hit Protect/Detect again. It's nice to break down Vaporeon and others with it IMO.

Garhomp with access to Dragon Dance. Even TTar gets it so I dont know why Garchomp can't. Besides, its not like he can't dance, de can Swords Dance pretty well.

Soon I'll have you, after years and years XD

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    They should bring Thunder's chance to hit Protect/Detect again. It's nice to break down Vaporeon and others with it IMO.
    I'd say Protect only. A Pokémon can still detect where a lightning bolt will strike and consequently dodge it. But yeah, bringing it back would be pretty useful.

I'd say Protect only. A Pokémon can still detect where a lightning bolt will strike and consequently dodge it. But yeah, bringing it back would be pretty useful.
    I would also apply this to Hurricane, Fire Blast, and Blizzard.

And also this:

Is the Brutal Pokemon and destroys anything in its path

Doesn't know Nasty Plot.

If not, at least Agility.

A Metronome?

ah, but i was talking about overdrive and choice item. not metronome.

New Move:

Radiation Burn
    Fire
    Power: 60 Acc: 90 Pp: 10
    "a small globe of light flies slowly from the attacker's body, melding into its foe, who begins to glow shortly thereafter."/"the foe is coooked from the inside out by a bead of radiation."

70% chance to inflict the perish count onto the target.

ah, but i was talking about overdrive and choice item. not metronome.

New Move:

Radiation Burn
    Fire
    Power: 60 Acc: 90 Pp: 10
    "a small globe of light flies slowly from the attacker's body, melding into its foe, who begins to glow shortly thereafter."/"the foe is coooked from the inside out by a bead of radiation."

70% chance to inflict the perish count onto the target.
    Ooh, nice. I'd like to use this with a Pokémon with Mean Look or something. That'd be great. :P

An ability of my own:

New Ability: Grave Mind
    "Pokémon faint in three turns unless switched out."
    - Inflicts the perish count on all Pokémon on the field when a Pokémon with Grave Mind is sent out. Grave Mind is affected by a Dormant Band.

Page 64 of 88 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast