Page 65 of 88 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

  1. #1601
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    I would also apply this to Hurricane, Fire Blast, and Blizzard.

    And also this:

    Is the Brutal Pokemon and destroys anything in its path



    Doesn't know Nasty Plot.

    If not, at least Agility.
    Have you been on Pokememes? Because this seems familiar...

    It's viscous, but Nasty Plot involves coming up with a plan...Hydreigon just thoughtlessly attacks it's targets.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

  2. #1602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Have you been on Pokememes? Because this seems familiar...

    It's viscous, but Nasty Plot involves coming up with a plan...Hydreigon just thoughtlessly attacks it's targets.
    i see you edited the reasoning. dont forget that this is the competitive edition, not the flavor edition.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  3. #1603
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    New Ability: Miasma (I'm not sure if I've already used this name before)
    "Contact with this Pokémon may cause infection."
    - Static, but for infections. Yay!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    i see you edited the reasoning. dont forget that this is the competitive edition, not the flavor edition.
    I personally don't go by this reason.

    Abilities and moves are put into the game because they both serve a battle purpose and a flavor purpose. For example, Stunky has Stench because it's a skunk; Rampardos can have Sheer Force because it's a very physically powerful Pokémon that can absolutely wreck things with enough force, and so on.

    Most of the battle mechanics posted here all fit within flavor somehow in their own ways. That's one of the reasons why the people here state their opinion of them; it's because they can imagine the mechanic fitting into the game.

    Again, I go back to my "Sunkern getting a +6 Attack boost move" example. Nobody will give good opinions on this because it doesn't satisfy one of the two purposes that I've mentioned above; a move that gives a +6 Attack boost is just too strong and doesn't satisfy proper battle balance, no matter what Pokémon that it's given to.

    In fact, that's why "I don't like it" or "it's too powerful" are two perfectly valid reasons to give in this thread. The first is most likely because there's some sort of flavor disconnect between the mechanic and the viewer; the second is because the mechanic is simply too powerful. In both cases, the viewer can't imagine the mechanic being in the game in the first place, which is why they don't expand on what they say.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  4. #1604
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    411

    Default

    ^ (Just adding on) The mechanic could also be to weak/useless/complex/ a variety of other things for why people may not like it


    ^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

  5. #1605
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Have you been on Pokememes? Because this seems familiar...

    It's viscous, but Nasty Plot involves coming up with a plan...Hydreigon just thoughtlessly attacks it's targets.
    Nope.

    But personally Agilidriegon would be very scary after a boost, allowing to outpace a lot of OU.

  6. #1606
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    New Move: Energy Psych
    Type: Psychic / Power: 75 / Accuracy: 95 / PP: 10 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Special / Priority: 0
    "An odd orb of energy is shot at the target. It hits Dark-type targets for super-effective damage."
    - Quite self-explanatory. Sableye and Spiritomb would have a weakness, though I'm pretty sure it's not powerful enough to warrant sacrificing Psychic or Psyshock for this move.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  7. #1607
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    King Land. Duh.
    Posts
    25

    Default

    If Landorus-t got Roar, it would make a great Defensive RestTalk Pokemon...

    Don't hate on the King, or the world hates on you.

  8. #1608
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Nope.

    But personally Agilidriegon would be very scary after a boost, allowing to outpace a lot of OU.
    Yeah, considering its already-high Sp. Atk stat, it'd probably warp the metagame at least slightly. o:





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  9. #1609
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,376

    Default

    New Ability: Lunar Light
    Effect: Give an immunity to dark type moves. Each time the pokemon with this ability is hit, it's special attack is raised.
    Distribution: Cresselia

    Our favorite Darkrai counterpart really needs a way to face Darkrai, and gain some more ability in OU.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

  10. #1610
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    New Ability: Lunar Light
    Effect: Give an immunity to dark type moves. Each time the pokemon with this ability is hit, it's special attack is raised.
    Distribution: Cresselia

    Our favorite Darkrai counterpart really needs a way to face Darkrai, and gain some more ability in OU.
    Ooh, a Motor Drive for Dark-type moves and for Sp. Atk. I don't say Storm Drain since it doesn't draw in all Dark-type moves. But the ability itself seems pretty good. (:





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  11. #1611
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,776

    Default

    Merry Christmas guys/Wishing Star and BH!

    New ability: Delivery

    The user has a chance to inflict any status move from its attacks.

    Distribution? Delibird!

  12. #1612
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Merry Christmas guys/Wishing Star and BH!

    New ability: Delivery

    The user has a chance to inflict any status move from its attacks.

    Distribution? Delibird!
    Merry Christmas to everyone! (:
    (I love how BH and I get special treatment.)

    Given Scald's 30% burn chance already being really good, the maximum I could see this at is 6% for each of the five major status ailments. o:





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  13. #1613
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Merry Christmas to everyone! (:
    (I love how BH and I get special treatment.)

    Given Scald's 30% burn chance already being really good, the maximum I could see this at is 6% for each of the five major status ailments. o:
    Well it be weird calling you both guys xD

    Pretty much yes, even 30% doesn't hurt, considering its......usefulness.

  14. #1614
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Well it be weird calling you both guys xD

    Pretty much yes, even 30% doesn't hurt, considering its......usefulness.
    Yeah, 30% is pretty good. The only bad part about the ability is that it's random as to what status is inflicted. But what can you do...

    New Move: Dazzle
    Type: Grass / Power: -- / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 25 / Target: Single non-user / Category: Status / Priority: 0
    "The sun's intense light saps a bit of the target's HP. The power is boosted if the target has a status condition."
    - Inflicts damage equal to 1/4 of the target's maximum HP. It doubles to 1/2 if the target is inflicted with a non-volatile status condition (poison, burn, paralysis, sleep, and freeze; and in my world, infection). Doesn't affect Pokémon behind a Substitute, and is blocked by Taunt.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  15. #1615
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,376

    Default

    Winter Orb
    An item to be held by Delibird. If held during the winter, Present becomes a 100 base power Ice Type attack, and Delibird's attack, and special attack are doubled. If used to battle online, such as in a tournament or random matchup, this item will take effect, even if it's not winter on your game.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

  16. #1616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Yeah, 30% is pretty good. The only bad part about the ability is that it's random as to what status is inflicted. But what can you do...

    New Move: Dazzle
    Type: Grass / Power: -- / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 25 / Target: Single non-user / Category: Status / Priority: 0
    "The sun's intense light saps a bit of the target's HP. The power is boosted if the target has a status condition."
    - Inflicts damage equal to 1/4 of the target's maximum HP. It doubles to 1/2 if the target is inflicted with a non-volatile status condition (poison, burn, paralysis, sleep, and freeze; and in my world, infection). Doesn't affect Pokémon behind a Substitute, and is blocked by Taunt.
    I can see this being pretty broken. With tspikes It's game over
    I misunderstand nonvolatile, as you detailed every non attract/confusion status effect there is.

    eDiTE: merry Christmas everyone!
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  17. #1617
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    I can see this being pretty broken. With tspikes It's game over
    I misunderstand nonvolatile, as you detailed every non attract/confusion status effect there is.

    eDiTE: merry Christmas everyone!
    Would it be better if it were 1/6 or 1/8 HP instead of 1/4?

    And Merry Christmas to everyone here! o:





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  18. #1618
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Merry Christmas everyone sorry I've been away for so long(though you probably never missed me anyway lol).

    New Move: Stupify

    Type: / Power: 60 / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 10 / Target: Single adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "An attack move that inflicts double damage on the incoming Pokemon. It may cause the target to flinch"

    -Sorta like Pursuit except it works on the incoming pokemon rather than the one Switching out. The flinch chance is 10%. So the only way to pull this move off efficiently is to predict whether your opponent is going to switch or not.

    Distribution: Psychic, Ghost, Dark Types and Togekiss Just so it can have a Serence Grace/Stupify frenzy :P




    New Move: Rally

    Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 10 / Target: Single adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user unites it's forces together, sharply or drastically raising the user's Attack stat and lowering the teams evasioness."

    -Sharply applies to Single battles. Drastically applies to Rotation, Double and Triple battles. The evasion drop applies regardless though.

    Distribution: Mostly Fighting Types.




    New Move: Parry

    Type: / Power: 50 / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 10 / Target: Single adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: -6
    "After making its attack, the user and the target rushes back to switch places with a party Pokémon in waiting."

    -So basically like U-turn and Volt Switch except it returns both You and the target Pokemon.

    Distribution: Almost any Pokemon can get it.




    Tag-In
    "Ups Atk if another Pokémon with Tag-Out is sent in however only one can attack"

    Tag-Out
    "Ups Sp.Atk if another Pokémon with Tag-In sent in however only one can attack"

    -Increases the Attack or Sp.Attack depending on the ability of the Pokemon that is already in battle when a pokemon of the opposite ability is sent in by 30% but only that Pokemon can move. I'll make sure to use two different situations in the example.

    Example:
    Turn 0: Trainer 1 sent out Plusle THEN Minun, because Plusle was first in the party when it was sent out it gets the 30% increase in Sp.Atk due to it having Tag-Out and Minun having Tag-In, Trainer 2 sent out Hitmonlee and Umbreon, Turn End.
    Turn 1:Trainer 2 withdrew Umbreon and sent out Hitmonchan, because Hitmonlee was out first it get's the 30% increase in Atk due to it having Tag-In as it's ability and Hitmonchan having Tag-Out as it's, Plusle used Thunderbolt, Minun cannot move due to the effects of the abilities, Hitmonlee used Jump Kick, Hitmonchan cannot move due to the effect of the abilities, Turn End.

    Distribution: Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop, Plusle, Minun, Illumise, Volbeat etc. basically any Pokemon that's is always paired together.


    FC: 4699-6505-4258

    IGN: Diva

  19. #1619
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,100

    Default

    Stupify looks cool... But the fact that it's psychic type... Bleh. Still decent anyways.

    Rally is kinda op. if I got it right, it's a +3 attack that has wide distribution. The evasiveness drop doesn't really make up for such a big boost and distribution, as evasion is banned in standard play.

    I love Parry, but I think that it should have a -6 priority. If you have rocks for the other side, you can just spam parry at the foe using a maybe scarfed pokemon and they become utterly useless.... Yeah, a small nitpick here. A circle throw + U-turn combined without a priority drop? Yeah, kinda OP...

    It's time for...!!
    *Drumbeats*

    Improve a Pokemon, Unova / Isshu Edition!
    Today's Pokemon is:

    A Predators Pokemon, with an awesome design. A great attack and special attack stats, but held back by lackluster defense and special defense, with an Achilles's heel in speed, it's everyones favorite anteater, Heatmor!

    2nd DW Ability:
    Huge Flame: All fire moves have 20% to burn.
    - Moves such as Incinerate, who doesn't burn,gets 20% chance of burning. Moves such as Flamethrower which has 10%, now has 30%. A great ability to cripple physical attackers!

    Moves
    Predator Speed (Dark)
    PP: 5/Power: 70/Accuracy: 100/Category: Physical/Priority: +2/Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon
    The Predator strikes at an alarmingly high speed, that may go first and has a chance to break through Protect or Detect.
    - ES of Dark type. About the Protect/Derect thing, I'll explain later.

    Blaze Shield (Fire)
    PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Physical/Priority: 0/Target: Self
    The user veils its team in a blazing flame shield that raises special defense by 50%. The effect can only be cancelled by a water type attack. This attack will also fail in rain. In sun, pokemon under this effect will also receive a 50% special defense boost.
    - Fire type distribution


    --

    Also, flavor speaking, Extremespeed and Predator Instinct should have a chance 30% to break through Pro-detect. Its described as a fast speedy hit, so it should catch the foe off guard.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  20. #1620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Stupify looks cool... But the fact that it's psychic type... Bleh. Still decent anyways.

    Rally is kinda op. if I got it right, it's a +3 attack that has wide distribution. The evasiveness drop doesn't really make up for such a big boost and distribution, as evasion is banned in standard play.

    I love Parry, but I think that it should have a -6 priority. If you have rocks for the other side, you can just spam parry at the foe using a maybe scarfed pokemon and they become utterly useless.... Yeah, a small nitpick here. A circle throw + U-turn combined without a priority drop? Yeah, kinda OP...

    It's time for...!!
    *Drumbeats*

    Improve a Pokemon, Unova / Isshu Edition!
    Today's Pokemon is:

    A Predators Pokemon, with an awesome design. A great attack and special attack stats, but held back by lackluster defense and special defense, with an Achilles's heel in speed, it's everyones favorite anteater, Heatmor!

    2nd DW Ability:
    Huge Flame: All fire moves have 20% to burn.
    - Moves such as Incinerate, who doesn't burn,gets 20% chance of burning. Moves such as Flamethrower which has 10%, now has 30%. A great ability to cripple physical attackers!

    Moves
    Predator Speed (Dark)
    PP: 5/Power: 70/Accuracy: 100/Category: Physical/Priority: +2/Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon
    The Predator strikes at an alarmingly high speed, that may go first and has a chance to break through Protect or Detect.
    - ES of Dark type. About the Protect/Derect thing, I'll explain later.

    Blaze Shield (Fire)
    PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Physical/Priority: 0/Target: Self
    The user veils its team in a blazing flame shield that raises special defense by 50%. The effect can only be cancelled by a water type attack. This attack will also fail in rain. In sun, pokemon under this effect will also receive a 50% special defense boost.
    - Fire type distribution


    --

    Also, flavor speaking, Extremespeed and Predator Instinct should have a chance 30% to break through Pro-detect. Its described as a fast speedy hit, so it should catch the foe off guard.
    Espeed has a priority of two. Protect has three. Not fast enough to avoid an instantaneously created shield conjured with a thought. As soon as they started to move, think for a shield, you get one.


    Blaze shield is horribly op, and it makes special attackers useless against any team or even worse sun team with heatmor. Damn you spell check. Turned heatmor into heat or. And I think we'd prefer if heatmor didn't have scald's burn chance on all fire attacks.

    Wishing star, I'd make it 1/8 da,age, or 1/4 if afflicted w a status condition.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  21. #1621
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Rally is kinda op. if I got it right, it's a +3 attack that has wide distribution. The evasiveness drop doesn't really make up for such a big boost and distribution, as evasion is banned in standard play.
    But the +3 only applies to Doubles, Triple and Rotation battles. Also I think moves that lower the evasion are not banned. Maybe those that raise it like Double Team but lowering I don't think so, unless I'm mistaken?

    I love Parry, but I think that it should have a -6 priority. If you have rocks for the other side, you can just spam parry at the foe using a maybe scarfed pokemon and they become utterly useless.... Yeah, a small nitpick here. A circle throw + U-turn combined without a priority drop? Yeah, kinda OP...
    True, I'm gonna change that A.S.A.P



    Huge Flame: All fire moves have 20% to burn.
    - Moves such as Incinerate, who doesn't burn,gets 20% chance of burning. Moves such as Flamethrower which has 10%, now has 30%. A great ability to cripple physical attackers!
    Hot. Pun intended :P

    Blaze Shield (Fire)
    PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Physical/Priority: 0/Target: Self
    The user veils its team in a blazing flame shield that raises special defense by 50%. The effect can only be cancelled by a water type attack. This attack will also fail in rain. In sun, pokemon under this effect will also receive a 50% special defense boost.
    - Fire type distribution

    Yeah this might be considered over powered, especially combined on a sun team and the Eviolite(If the Eviolite didn't exist, then maybe). Although I do Love the concept, perhaps lower the boost?


    FC: 4699-6505-4258

    IGN: Diva

  22. #1622
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    New Move: Stupify

    Type: / Power: 60 / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 10 / Target: Single adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "An attack move that inflicts double damage on the incoming Pokemon. It may cause the target to flinch"

    -Sorta like Pursuit except it works on the incoming pokemon rather than the one Switching out. The flinch chance is 10%. So the only way to pull this move off efficiently is to predict whether your opponent is going to switch or not.

    Distribution: Psychic, Ghost, Dark Types and Togekiss Just so it can have a Serence Grace/Stupify frenzy :P




    New Move: Rally

    Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 10 / Target: Single adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user unites it's forces together, sharply or drastically raising the user's Attack stat and lowering the teams evasioness."

    -Sharply applies to Single battles. Drastically applies to Rotation, Double and Triple battles. The evasion drop applies regardless though.

    Distribution: Mostly Fighting Types.




    New Move: Parry

    Type: / Power: 50 / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 10 / Target: Single adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "After making its attack, the user and the target rushes back to switch places with a party Pokémon in waiting."

    -So basically like U-turn and Volt Switch except it returns both You and the target Pokemon.

    Distribution: Almost any Pokemon can get it.




    Tag-In
    "Ups Atk if another Pokémon with Tag-Out is sent in however only one can attack"

    Tag-Out
    "Ups Sp.Atk if another Pokémon with Tag-In sent in however only one can attack"

    -Increases the Attack or Sp.Attack depending on the ability of the Pokemon that is already in battle when a pokemon of the opposite ability is sent in by 30% but only that Pokemon can move. I'll make sure to use two different situations in the example.

    Example: that s
    Turn 0: Trainer 1 sent out Plusle THEN Minun, because Plusle was first in the party when it was sent out it gets the 30% increase in Sp.Atk due to it having Tag-Out and Minun having Tag-In, Trainer 2 sent out Hitmonlee and Umbreon, Turn End.
    Turn 1:Trainer 2 withdrew Umbreon and sent out Hitmonchan, because Hitmonlee was out first it get's the 30% increase in Atk due to it having Tag-In as it's ability and Hitmonchan having Tag-Out as it's, Plusle used Thunderbolt, Minun cannot move due to the effects of the abilities, Hitmonlee used Jump Kick, Hitmonchan cannot move due to the effect of the abilities, Turn End.

    Distribution: Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop, Plusle, Minun, Illumise, Volbeat etc. basically any Pokemon that's is always paired together.
    Stupify - Interesting move, although the flinch chance is unneeded. This is because a Pokémon that switches in can't take an action on the turn that it switches in.

    Rally - An evasion decrease is not really a drawback at all, as shown by both the very few moves in the game that decrease evasion and by the even fewer of those moves that actually get competitively used.

    Parry - Sure, although I don't get why a Starmie that used Ice Beam can have its attack parried. A parry is a guard against a contact attack.
    There's one vital question involving the move, though. Who sends out their Pokémon first? I would assume it happens at the same time, but you never know.
    The move has to have -6 priority, though, since it also ejects the target out of battle. Circle Throw and Dragon Tail would be horrendously overpowered if they had 0 priority.

    Tag-In and Tag-Out -
    1) Having one of the two Pokémon not be able to move is a huge disadvantage. A 30% increase in Attack or Sp. Atk isn't worth the immobilization of a teammate. However, I wouldn't advise increasing the boost, because then the two abilities would get too swingy (have almost no benefit or have too much benefit) for their own good.
    2) In your example, Plusle and Minun are sent out at the same time.
    3) In your example, Hitmonchan wouldn't be able to move whether or not it had a Tag- ability.

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    It's time for...!!
    *Drumbeats*

    Improve a Pokemon, Unova / Isshu Edition!
    Today's Pokemon is:

    A Predators Pokemon, with an awesome design. A great attack and special attack stats, but held back by lackluster defense and special defense, with an Achilles's heel in speed, it's everyones favorite anteater, Heatmor!

    2nd DW Ability:
    Huge Flame: All fire moves have 20% to burn.
    - Moves such as Incinerate, who doesn't burn,gets 20% chance of burning. Moves such as Flamethrower which has 10%, now has 30%. A great ability to cripple physical attackers!

    Moves
    Predator Speed (Dark)
    PP: 5/Power: 70/Accuracy: 100/Category: Physical/Priority: +2/Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon
    The Predator strikes at an alarmingly high speed, that may go first and has a chance to break through Protect or Detect.
    - ES of Dark type. About the Protect/Derect thing, I'll explain later.

    Blaze Shield (Fire)
    PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Physical/Priority: 0/Target: Self
    The user veils its team in a blazing flame shield that raises special defense by 50%. The effect can only be cancelled by a water type attack. This attack will also fail in rain. In sun, pokemon under this effect will also receive a 50% special defense boost.
    - Fire type distribution


    --

    Also, flavor speaking, Extremespeed and Predator Instinct should have a chance 30% to break through Pro-detect. Its described as a fast speedy hit, so it should catch the foe off guard.
    Heat Flame - Sure, I guess. Note that this doesn't affect Will-O-Wisp, though.

    Predator Speed - Does this negate the effects of Protect and Detect for the rest of the turn?

    Blaze Shield - In sun, it's a one-turn move that doubles Sp. Def (which is different from reducing damage from special moves by 50%). That's ridiculously powerful. The effect also isn't cancelled by rain, so if a Blaze Shield is up and a Politoed has its Drizzle triggered, the Shield will still be up. The Shield also lasts indefinitely, which makes it even worse to deal with. Not all Pokémon readily have Water-type moves available.
    Oh yeah, and it doesn't do any damage, so its category is status, not physical.

    @ Ghosts of the Forums: I'll go with a happy 1/6 - 1/3 medium for Dazzle. (:





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  23. #1623
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Rally - An evasion decrease is not really a drawback at all, as shown by both the very few moves in the game that decrease evasion and by the even fewer of those moves that actually get competitively used.
    +3 is exclusive to double, triple and rotation battles though, that kinda makes up for it right?

    Parry - Sure, although I don't get why a Starmie that used Ice Beam can have its attack parried. A parry is a guard against a contact attack.
    There's one vital question involving the move, though. Who sends out their Pokémon first? I would assume it happens at the same time, but you never know.
    The move has to have -6 priority, though, since it also ejects the target out of battle. Circle Throw and Dragon Tail would be horrendously overpowered if they had 0 priority.
    I just assumed they would be sent out at the same time too. Isn't that what happens anyway in the beginning of a battle? But yeah I changed it to -6.

    Tag-In and Tag-Out -
    1) Having one of the two Pokémon not be able to move is a huge disadvantage. A 30% increase in Attack or Sp. Atk isn't worth the immobilization of a teammate. However, I wouldn't advise increasing the boost, because then the two abilities would get too swingy (have almost no benefit or have too much benefit) for their own good.
    2) In your example, Plusle and Minun are sent out at the same time.
    3) In your example, Hitmonchan wouldn't be able to move whether or not it had a Tag- ability.
    Well Plusle will count as being sent out first since it was first in the party, in the case of both being sent out. The reason I have the immobilization is because it can stack with Life orb or be scarfed so imagine getting that 30% boost and on top of that adding another boost?


    FC: 4699-6505-4258

    IGN: Diva

  24. #1624
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,776

    Default

    New branched evo of Golbat!

    Stats:

    HP: 90
    Attack: 130
    Defense: 80
    Sp Attack: 70
    Sp defense: 80
    Speed: 90

    A stronger but less quick Crobat. Plus it gets Wing Smash, a Fighting Move I made in the past.

  25. #1625
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    +3 is exclusive to double, triple and rotation battles though, that kinda makes up for it right?
    Unfortunately, not at all.

    Say there were a move that had 1 base power in Singles, and 300 base power in non-Singles. The entire Singles metagame would be able to treat that move as if it didn't existed, but any non-Singles metagame would be completely warped with the presence of that move.

    Well Plusle will count as being sent out first since it was first in the party, in the case of both being sent out. The reason I have the immobilization is because it can stack with Life orb or be scarfed so imagine getting that 30% boost and on top of that adding another boost?
    I'm assuming that the Plusle in your example would get x1.69 damage output if it had a Life Orb? The extra x0.39 isn't enough of a boost to warrant the complete immobilization of an ally, if you ask me. Sheer Force and this are pretty much identical, except that Sheer Force sacrifices secondary effects, whereas this sacrifices a party member entirely.

    I also assume that immobilization would prevent the Minun from being manually switched out, because if it didn't, then there'd be no point to the two Tag- abilities in the first place. If Minun is switched out for something else, then Plusle wouldn't keep the Tag- boost for that turn. Of course, this could be replicated by having one Tag-In Pokémon and more than one Tag-Out Pokémon (or vice-versa), but it's a relatively bad design to only have one Pokémon attacking per team.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Page 65 of 88 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •