Page 69 of 88 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    I know the differences between the two. Fortunately, though, the number of turns still applies for this, too. (:So the berry is like a stress relief food that's eaten when the holding Pokémon is stressed about whether or not its life is going to end? :P
    Meh, I guess. I thought as a consumable item, a Berry made the most sense, but I guess you could make it Hazard Sash or something.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Focus Smash (Fighting)
    PP: 10/Power: 100/Accuracy: 90/Category: Physical/Target: Single Selected Adjacent Foe
    The user concentrates its energy on one point of its body and slams it at the foe, doing great damage. No added effect.

Instead of creating Beak Smash and whatever smash, I fused everything into one single move. Birds gets this. So yeah. It'll probably be a TM and anything that has a point on its body can learn it XP

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Late but...

New pokemon:

Japeon, the Wind Pokemon.

Pokedex number: #143 Orion (#792 National).

Flavor text: "They live high in the sky, creating intense gusts of wind that blaze through the atmosphere. They can cause freakish thunderstorms and blizzards with their winds."

Evolution chain: Eevee -> Japeon (level Eevee up while holding an Air Stone).

Appearance: Similar to that of Glaceon, but its feet (and to a lesser extent, their limbs) appear to be made out of gusts of wind. Its tail appears to be nonexistent when standing still, but flares up when it flies through the air.

Type: Flying

Abilities: Filter, Unburden, Air Lock (PDW).

Base stats:
    HP: 65
    Attack: 60
    Defense: 65
    Special Attack: 110
    Special Defense: 95
    Speed: 130
    BST: 505

Notable moves: Airblaze (signature), Weather Ball, Blizzard (no Ice Beam), Thunder (no Thunderbolt), Defog (modified from DPPt version), Tailwind, Baton Pass*, Air Slash, Whirlwind.
    *detnotes Egg Move, **detnotes Move Tutor Move

Comments: The second of the Eevee evolutions discovered in Orion. It plays a secondary role in the story when compared to Arceon. Unburden makes it the fastest unboosted pokemon in the metagame after having used a Flying Gem (question: Is Unburden active if the pokemon has no item to begin with like in the PMD games). Running a scarfed Modest (Air Lock) set, it is capable of picking off most Volcarona at +1 Speed. It can provide the team with a great boost of speed with Tailwind, it can clear the opponent's weather and therefore put them into trouble if their starter is KO'd or abuse rain with Thunder (Hail with Blizzard).

Modified Moves:

Defog.

Old effect: Lowers opponent's Evasion.

New effect: Removes all entry hazards on both sides of the field.

Comments: Entry hazards, especially Stealth Rock, are overpowered. They should get another move that clears them and is not stopped by spinblockers (take that Jellicent and Gengar!)

Rapid Spin:

Old effect: Deals damage and removes entry hazards on the user's side. It also removes trapping moves like Sand Tomb and Whirlpool.

New effect: Its effect of removing entry hazards and trapping moves occur regardless of type immunities.

Comments: Fixed it in terms of flavor.

Chuc nam moi hanh phuc.
    Tietp tuc chung tay xay dung dien dan vung manh nhe cac ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
        Spoiler:- Blob of Text:
    It's kinda unfiar that an Eeveelution gets a signature move while another doesnt. At best, I'd give it Acrobatics. But I would've preferred it if the flying type was more physical based. There hasn't been much physical based Eeveelutions that is really good. Jolteon in OU is specially based, Espeon is defensive and is also specially based. Umbreon was always more of a stall pokemon than attacker. Vaporeon in OU is another stall mon specially based. The rest are in NU. Yeah, I would've prefered a 130 atk > 130sp.atk but since it's your mon, your choice.

Defog- Nice, but how does clearing fog remove hazard @_@. Tbh something like Gust would've been much nicer.

Rapid Spin- And so ghosts lost their niche of spin-blocking, not saying I'd dislike this xD

ASB Squad

I think there should be an item that prevents hazards from doing damage. I don't know if it should be one-use or permanent, though. It would help Volcarona and friends a whole lot. Do you guys think it would be overpowered if it was a permanent item? For some pokemon it doesn't really matter, for example in most matches Volcarona only comes onto the field once. Though for other's, like Crobat, who usually makes its appearance more than once in a match, it would make a difference if it gets protection from stealth rocks only once, or the whole time. If it was permanent, I think this would also discourage from using stall/phasing teams even more.

And I agree with the Defog idea of Orithan. Hazards are overpowered and I hate building in a rapid spinner in my team to get rid of them. And the regional birds will get some more use as well (I hope).
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by treeckotrainer View Post
    I think there should be an item that prevents hazards from doing damage. I don't know if it should be one-use or permanent, though. It would help Volcarona and friends a whole lot. Do you guys think it would be overpowered if it was a permanent item? For some pokemon it doesn't really matter, for example in most matches Volcarona only comes onto the field once. Though for other's, like Crobat, who usually makes its appearance more than once in a match, it would make a difference if it gets protection from stealth rocks only once, or the whole time. If it was permanent, I think this would also discourage from using stall/phasing teams even more.

And I agree with the Defog idea of Orithan. Hazards are overpowered and I hate building in a rapid spinner in my team to get rid of them. And the regional birds will get some more use as well (I hope).
    Still, most regional birds are held back by being walled by rocks and fighting types, and being frail. Staraptor is an exception. They need some kind of stuff to break through steels and rocks. As for the protection, I'd say once, because if it was permanent it would render hazards useless.

ASB Squad

Still, most regional birds are held back by being walled by rocks and fighting types, and being frail. Staraptor is an exception. They need some kind of stuff to break through steels and rocks. As for the protection, I'd say once, because if it was permanent it would render hazards useless.
    yeah I can imagine hazards becoming more or less useless, but still, it costs an item slot. Pokemon who would want protection from hazards still need to give up their leftovers, life orb or choice item. About the regional birds: I know most will stay NU forever (except Staraptor), but I like some of them and I think it's a shame they are even never used in NU Being able to remove hazards with defog would give them a small niche, although plenty of pokemon would do it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    New item!
    Pointy Knife - Boosts pokemon's STAB moves by 20%
    This way, it it can help some pokemon with really shallow movepools, but not make it so overpowered that pokemon can rip through teams with their STAB attacks alone.
    *cough*Keldeo*cough*
    I HAVE QUIT COMPETITIVE POKEMON UNTIL X&Y

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Li
    You can try to frame it with negative words like “taking a game too seriously,” but passion is passion. If you don’t have something you strive to be excellent at, then you aren’t living at all. Everyone should have something that he or she takes “too seriously.”
        Spoiler:- In Memory of the Greatest Clans Ever to Grace Serebii:

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    New item!
    Pointy Knife - Boosts pokemon's STAB moves by 20%
    This way, it it can help some pokemon with really shallow movepools, but not make it so overpowered that pokemon can rip through teams with their STAB attacks alone.
    I guess... it's an item slot sacrifice, so no Choice Scarf or Life Orb or anything like that for them.

And uhh... Pointy Knife and ripping? Yeah... o:

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Focus Smash (Fighting)
    PP: 10/Power: 100/Accuracy: 90/Category: Physical/Target: Single Selected Adjacent Foe
    The user concentrates its energy on one point of its body and slams it at the foe, doing great damage. No added effect.

Instead of creating Beak Smash and whatever smash, I fused everything into one single move. Birds gets this. So yeah. It'll probably be a TM and anything that has a point on its body can learn it XP
    Hammer Arm did need a small drawback, but a Speed drop was a tad too much, design-wise. I'd say this is fine.

Modified Moves:

Defog.

Comments: Entry hazards, especially Stealth Rock, are overpowered. They should get another move that clears them and is not stopped by spinblockers (take that Jellicent and Gengar!)

Rapid Spin:

Old effect: Deals damage and removes entry hazards on the user's side. It also removes trapping moves like Sand Tomb and Whirlpool.

New effect: Its effect of removing entry hazards and trapping moves occur regardless of type immunities.

Defog - Yes! Flavor-wise, because Defog involves flapping of wings (I would assume) to create a powerful gust of wind that blows things away, it would make sense that entry hazards are blown away, too.

Rapid Spin - In terms of flavor, it works. However, I don't like how it eliminates one major advantage that Ghost-type Pokémon have over other types. I'll say no on this one, despite its excellent revamp.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Late but...

New pokemon:

Japeon, the Wind Pokemon.

Pokedex number: #143 Orion (#792 National).

Flavor text: "They live high in the sky, creating intense gusts of wind that blaze through the atmosphere. They can cause freakish thunderstorms and blizzards with their winds."

Evolution chain: Eevee -> Japeon (level Eevee up while holding an Air Stone).

Appearance: Similar to that of Glaceon, but its feet (and to a lesser extent, their limbs) appear to be made out of gusts of wind. Its tail appears to be nonexistent when standing still, but flares up when it flies through the air.

Type: Flying

Abilities: Filter, Unburden, Air Lock (PDW).

Base stats:
    HP: 65
    Attack: 60
    Defense: 65
    Special Attack: 110
    Special Defense: 95
    Speed: 130
    BST: 505

Notable moves: Airblaze (signature), Weather Ball, Blizzard (no Ice Beam), Thunder (no Thunderbolt), Defog (modified from DPPt version), Tailwind, Baton Pass*, Air Slash, Whirlwind.
    *detnotes Egg Move, **detnotes Move Tutor Move

Comments: The second of the Eevee evolutions discovered in Orion. It plays a secondary role in the story when compared to Arceon. Unburden makes it the fastest unboosted pokemon in the metagame after having used a Flying Gem (question: Is Unburden active if the pokemon has no item to begin with like in the PMD games). Running a scarfed Modest (Air Lock) set, it is capable of picking off most Volcarona at +1 Speed. It can provide the team with a great boost of speed with Tailwind, it can clear the opponent's weather and therefore put them into trouble if their starter is KO'd or abuse rain with Thunder (Hail with Blizzard).

Modified Moves:

Defog.

Rapid Spin:

Your rapid spin is horrible. That is one move I get supr pissed when people try to change it, it's perfect already just leave it.

And japeon on sounds like a racial slur.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    You, sir, deserve a cookie. I actually laughed at this... In fact, I'm sigging this cause I have nothing better to sig.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

What if there was a one use item that provided the effects of Magic Bounce?

Solar Power lacking the recoil and increasing Special Attack by 100% as opposed to 50%?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post

Solar Power lacking the recoil and increasing Special Attack by 100% as opposed to 50%?
    Both of those are instantly Broken. Sunflora... O_O Oh GOD. Charizard can still go die and screw itself in a hole, but Sunflora getting that boost? It's like giving a squirrel coffee, unpredictable.

Damage calculation of Maximan IV'd EV'd Sunflora, Solar Power, Choice Specs,+6 Sunny Day Solar Beam against a level one Wooper with no item,-6 and maximum damage, with crit

3,690,504 That's... Hell. Now double that. Yea, you get the picuture .PermaSun plus Quick CLaw/Choice Specs SOlarBeam Spam? THat will murder everything.

THe first one will instantly make the entire meta game offensive. You don't have to worry about hazards, Stat lowering moves, statuses, just give your entire team this magic item of death. With this, you'll see a lot of Offensive pokemon in OU, and a Lot of Defensive Pokemon in NU.

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    Both of those are instantly Broken. Sunflora... O_O Oh GOD. Charizard can still go die and screw itself in a hole, but Sunflora getting that boost? It's like giving a squirrel coffee, unpredictable.

Damage calculation of Maximan IV'd EV'd Sunflora, Solar Power, Choice Specs,+6 Sunny Day Solar Beam against a level one Wooper with no item,-6 and maximum damage, with crit

3,690,504 That's... Hell. Now double that. Yea, you get the picuture .PermaSun plus Quick CLaw/Choice Specs SOlarBeam Spam? THat will murder everything.

THe first one will instantly make the entire meta game offensive. You don't have to worry about hazards, Stat lowering moves, statuses, just give your entire team this magic item of death. With this, you'll see a lot of Offensive pokemon in OU, and a Lot of Defensive Pokemon in NU.
    Forenote: This entire post is about the item

I believe that you are wrong and that it would not be broken, because it's a single use item. Because of that, even if you sent something in to scout, or to act as a lure, or double switched, or anything, it would activate and be gone and you'd have no item. While that would be an awesome item for a pokemon like Volcarona, I can't imagine a practical use on any other pokemon when other items outclass the simple ability to avoid hazards. Speaking of which, if hazards were on the field, you know what they would do? Eliminate the item. Even if it were a pokemon like Thundurus-T, who takes 25% from SR, I'd still run Choice Scarf over the ability to not take that 25% once.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post

From a design standpoint, the item would be perfectly fine. In actual battles, though... wow would that be powerful.

Anyway, Solar Power has a drawback for a reason. A 100% boost is too much benefit for something that requires just one turn to set up. It's not like you have to get your Pokémon to +6 all stats while maintaining full HP while still holding their item and having a specific ability.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

It's kinda unfiar that an Eeveelution gets a signature move while another doesnt. At best, I'd give it Acrobatics. But I would've preferred it if the flying type was more physical based. There hasn't been much physical based Eeveelutions that is really good. Jolteon in OU is specially based, Espeon is defensive and is also specially based. Umbreon was always more of a stall pokemon than attacker. Vaporeon in OU is another stall mon specially based. The rest are in NU. Yeah, I would've prefered a 130 atk > 130sp.atk but since it's your mon, your choice.
    Both Japeon and Arceon get signature moves. But I see where you are coming from because the other evolutions don't. Eevee are relatively common in Orion and the Kanto-Johto evolutions can be seen as wild pokemon in some places. Each evolution will possibly be given signature moves for my Gen VI. (Note that Leafeon and Glaceon will not be present in the Orion regional pokedex, because Orion doesn't get the necessary rocks for them to evolve with).
    I chose a special flying type because it is based on wind, largely for flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    I guarantee you that Japeon's name isn't intended as a racist slur. The Jape- in the name came from "Japes", the spirit of Wind or whatever I first saw in a book about wizards and magic while I was younger.

New Moves:

Melt Away (N/A BP, N/A Accuracy, 10 PP, Status, +4 Priority, Water).

Flavor text: "The user melts away into the nearest source of liquid to evade attacks and heal itself. Fails if used in succession or during strong sunlight."

In-Depth effect: The user evades all attacks, barring Electric attacks, including Feint. It restores HP equivalent to 3/32nd of its HP (3/16 during rainy weather). It fails if used more than once in a row or during sunny weather. Fails if used in conjunction with any other protection move (Protect, Detect, etc...)

Distribution: This is Vaporeon's signature move.

Comments: I am trying to make a tailor-made Protect for Vaporeon without making it redundant or OP.

Stun Bolt (90 BP, 95 Accuracy, 15 PP, Special, +0 Priority, Electric).

Flavor text: "The user grabs the foe with a strong current of electricity, attempting to stun the foe. It may cause paralysis"

In-depth effect: It has a 30% chance of causing paralysis.

Distribution: This is Jolteon's signature move.

Comments: Because I gave Vaporeon a signature move, Jolteon needs to get one too.

I will edit Flareon's in later. Bare with me.

Stun Bolt (80 BP, 100 Accuracy, 15 PP, Special, +0 Priority, Electric).

Flavor text: "The user grabs the foe with a strong current of electricity, attempting to stun the foe. It may cause paralysis"

In-depth effect: It has a 30% chance of causing paralysis.

Distribution: This is Jolteon's signature move.

Comments: Because I gave Vaporeon a signature move, Jolteon needs to get one too.
    Isn't this the same as Discharge? Same BP, same PP, same priority, same type, same paralysis rate.... Maybe try changing it into something more special. Vaporeon's move seems good. Not too overpowered IMO

Melt Away- Fits Vaporeon perfectly. But wouldn't that make Protect + Melt Away horribly awesome for toxic stalling. *shudders* At least this move is breakable, with Thunderbolt and what not. However, may I suggest, in order to balance, that ALL electric type moves can beat it? It seems really unfair that Thunderbolt and Thunder, both of which are already very, very good, gain an extra bonus while the other electric moves does not. Yeah.

Stun Bolt - Seems cool. but it's exactly like discharge except it can't hit everyone in doubles. Sooo yeah.

Now, it's Lanturn's new-stocking new stuff time!

Changed:
    Attract Status: Instead of being similar to confusion, it becomes more Sleep-esque. Attract makes immobilization for 2 to 5 turns. The effect will be cancelled when switched out. However, during Infuriation, the pokemon has a 30% chance of hurting itself.

New Moves:
    Last Barrier (Psychic)
    PP: 5/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status/Target: All allies/Priority: 0
    The user sacrifices itself to make a barrier that prevents all of the foes' attack from landing to its allies for a turn.
    > Protect, except that it comes with a cost, and only works in double/triple.

Rotom gets DW Abilities (Weee~)
    Rotom: Motor Drive 2nd DW: Shadow Boost
    Rotom-Wash: Lightningrod 2nd DW: Torrent
    Rotom-Mow: Lightningrod 2nd DW: Overgrow
    Rotom-Heat: Lightningrod 2nd DW: Blaze
    Rotom-Fridge: Lightningrod 2nd DW: Hail Storm
    Rotom-Fan: Lightningrod 2nd DW: Tornado

*All of their 2nd DW Ability are respective mirrors of Blaze/Torrent/Overgrow, so no need to go in depth wiht that.

ASB Squad

Changed:
    Attract Status: Instead of being similar to confusion, it becomes more Sleep-esque. Attract makes immobilization for 2 to 5 turns. The effect will be cancelled when switched out. However, during Infuriation, the pokemon has a 30% chance of hurting itself.
    Boy, wouldn't want to face Whitney if those mechanics were used in-game....
    This certainly makes Attract better. Cute charm abilities will be so good too..... I wonder if it's not a little OP though. I mean, I know it only works with opposing genders, but still... With hazards up, it's an easy way to force foes out and get free damage. Some people find spore overpowered, and this attract status also makes it so that the poke has a chance to hurt itself.... Maybe it would be less OP if Attract had less accuracy or something.

I like the Last Barrier move. It's fine. Not too OP, but people will use it I think.

About the Rotom abilities: I think the abilities are cool, but most Rotom users will keep Levitate, as it is notably better than those DW abilities. Rotom-Wash is the only one that is debatable, maybe it can use Lightningrod well, but I think Levitate is still better.

Quote Originally Posted by treeckotrainer View Post
    Boy, wouldn't want to face Whitney if those mechanics were used in-game....
    This certainly makes Attract better. Cute charm abilities will be so good too..... I wonder if it's not a little OP though. I mean, I know it only works with opposing genders, but still... With hazards up, it's an easy way to force foes out and get free damage. Some people find spore overpowered, and this attract status also makes it so that the poke has a chance to hurt itself.... Maybe it would be less OP if Attract had less accuracy or something.

I like the Last Barrier move. It's fine. Not too OP, but people will use it I think.

About the Rotom abilities: I think the abilities are cool, but most Rotom users will keep Levitate, as it is notably better than those DW abilities. Rotom-Wash is the only one that is debatable, maybe it can use Lightningrod well, but I think Levitate is still better.
    Actually, you're wrong about the Rotom thing. Rotom-F desperately needs a Dream World Ability. I mean, seriously? On a Electric/Flying Pokemon which gets Levitate. Lightningrod would hugely benefit it, as it gives it immune switchins into two types: Ground and Electric. Rotom-Mow might also like Lightningrod. So now it's just like whether you want the electric immunity or ground immunity. Meanwhile, Rotom Fridge might enjoy a nifty little boost from Hail Storm, since there's always SR that easily puts it into Hail Storm range. So yeah. It's actually beneficial in one way you look at it.

Here's some distributions:

Hail Storm: Glalie, Froslass, Snorunt, Snover, Abomasnow, Cubchoo, Beartic
    Shadow Boost: Misdreavous, Mismagius, Shuppet line (forgot its evo name), Duskull, Dusclops, Dusknoir
    Tornado: Tornadus, Volcarona, Wingull, Pelipper, Ducklett, Swanna

As for the Ability changing thing, everytime you change forms in-game, it'll automatically switch into its variant. So if Rotom-W with Torrent changes form into Rotom-Fridge, its ability will automatically converted into Hail Storm.

ASB Squad

Actually, you're wrong about the Rotom thing. Rotom-F desperately needs a Dream World Ability. I mean, seriously? On a Electric/Flying Pokemon which gets Levitate. Lightningrod would hugely benefit it, as it gives it immune switchins into two types: Ground and Electric. Rotom-Mow might also like Lightningrod. So now it's just like whether you want the electric immunity or ground immunity. Meanwhile, Rotom Fridge might enjoy a nifty little boost from Hail Storm, since there's always SR that easily puts it into Hail Storm range. So yeah. It's actually beneficial in one way you look at it.

Here's some distributions:

Hail Storm: Glalie, Froslass, Snorunt, Snover, Abomasnow, Cubchoo, Beartic
    Shadow Boost: Misdreavous, Mismagius, Shuppet line (forgot its evo name), Duskull, Dusclops, Dusknoir
    Tornado: Tornadus, Volcarona, Wingull, Pelipper, Ducklett, Swanna

As for the Ability changing thing, everytime you change forms in-game, it'll automatically switch into its variant. So if Rotom-W with Torrent changes form into Rotom-Fridge, its ability will automatically converted into Hail Storm.
    While as you pointed out, lightning rod would be good on Rotom-F, Levitate is clearly better than Lightningrod on Rotom-H, or whatever the eletric/fire one is called. Also, on Rotom-W, I'd still prefer levitate so I could add a ground immunity to my team. 4/6 rotom forms already resist electric (normal, heat, frost, mow), and the other two are effected normally. Meanwhile, Earthquake is Super Effective against 5/6 rotom forms (all except mow). Because of this, Levitate (the ability it already receives in game) would be much more sought after than the harder to obtain than the DW ability Lightning Rod, and I'm not sure who would use it. Above you mentioned that rotom-frost might enjoy a nifty boost from hailstorm, but that leaves it 4x weak to ground. Easy KO. And with a base speed oh 86, there's a lot of stuff that could outspeed and KO.

Uhh Ice isn't weak to ground, so it would be x2 not x4. Well, Rotom-H obviously prefers Levitate. Its sort of like running Volt Absorb or Water Absorb on Lanturn. Volt Absorb gives electric immunity, which it takes normal damage from, but Water Absorb gives it immunity to moves that it resists. However, running Water Absorb gives an element of surprise compared to Volt Absorb, and Lightningrod would still get to catch some people off guard.

ASB Squad

Uhh Ice isn't weak to ground, so it would be x2 not x4. Well, Rotom-H obviously prefers Levitate. Its sort of like running Volt Absorb or Water Absorb on Lanturn. Volt Absorb gives electric immunity, which it takes normal damage from, but Water Absorb gives it immunity to moves that it resists. However, running Water Absorb gives an element of surprise compared to Volt Absorb, and Lightningrod would still get to catch some people off guard.
    My bad, I was thinking of Rock type, which is SE against Ice. I see where you're going, but I feel that in most cases the electric immunity simply isn't needed. I see what you mean with the element of surprise, and if you think like that, lightning rod is actually better because I would be afraid to hit with ground because levitate, and I wouldn't hit with electric because lightning rod. The thing is, I still usually wouldn't elect to hit with electric because chances are it is resistant to it.

it's like heatproof Bronzong: It's inferior to Levitate, but has a surprise value. Come to think of it, I should actually try that once...And I indeed forgot about Rotom-F. That form would indeed love Lightningrod as its ability.

Page 69 of 88 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast