Page 7 of 88 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Oh, I thought only Stealth Rock or Stealth Icicles could be on one side of the field at a time. So if you put down your own Stealth Rock, the opponent can put down Stealth Icicles on your side too?

Quote Originally Posted by Digletto View Post
    Oh, I thought only Stealth Rock or Stealth Icicles could be on one side of the field at a time. So if you put down your own Stealth Rock, the opponent can put down Stealth Icicles on your side too?
    Yeah, they can have their entry hazards while you can have yours up too. At least, that's what I think.
    FC: 0232-9161-0856
    Friend Safari:
    Mankey, Pancham, Riolu

I mean like put down Stealth Rocks on your own field. Like use it on yourself, so whenever you switch, you'd take damage from your own Stealth Rocks, but then the opponent couldn't put down Stealth Icicles on your side, cause you already put down your own Stealth Rocks. (Mainly for Garchomp to not take 50% damage from Stealth Icicles, because it resists Stealth Rocks.)

Quote Originally Posted by Digletto View Post
    I mean like put down Stealth Rocks on your own field. Like use it on yourself, so whenever you switch, you'd take damage from your own Stealth Rocks, but then the opponent couldn't put down Stealth Icicles on your side, cause you already put down your own Stealth Rocks. (Mainly for Garchomp to not take 50% damage from Stealth Icicles, because it resists Stealth Rocks.)
    Wow, that's a cool idea! However, on a sand team, that would limit you to mainly pokemon who resist or take neutral from SR. That's usually what a sand team is composed of, but it would make sand teams a lot less diverse than it already is.
    Friend Safari:
    Mankey, Pancham, Riolu

Yeah, I guess you're right. And Hail teams have very little diversity, so the Pokemon there would benefit from having Stealth Ice instead of Stealth Rocks on their side. I guess Rain and Drought teams would rather that, too.

Here's an Ice hazard move

Mist Over
    Ice
    Status
    "Covers the opposing field with a chilling mist, Pokemon who don't resist Ice and switch in get an auto -1 Speed, types weak to Ice get -2 Speed upon switching in (4x weak gets -3). It only lasts 3 turns though. (like a reverse Tailwind, only more variety)"

Crystal Mirror
    Ice
    Status
    "The user cloaks it's side of the Field with an Icy wall. All passive damage is negated for 5 turns. Brick Break, and the self melting moves will remove it."

Live Wire
    Electric
    Status
    "A weak charge is placed around the opponents, when they use a contact move they take 1/16 HP recoil. Does not effect Pokemon with an electric Immunity, and restores 1/16 HP with Volt Absorb. The electromagnetism removes Stealth Rocks (Via cancelling out their ability to float)"

Power Burst
    Rock
    Special
    95BP 100Acc

The user releases built up core energy to inflict damage. Has a 25% chance to Burn the target.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Here's an Ice hazard move

Mist Over
    Ice
    Status
    "Covers the opposing field with a chilling mist, Pokemon who don't resist Ice and switch in get an auto -1 Speed, types weak to Ice get -2 Speed upon switching in (4x weak gets -3). It only lasts 3 turns though. (like a reverse Tailwind, only more variety)"

Crystal Mirror
    Ice
    Status
    "The user cloaks it's side of the Field with an Icy wall. All passive damage is negated for 5 turns. Brick Break, and the self melting moves will remove it."

Live Wire
    Electric
    Status
    "A weak charge is placed around the opponents, when they use a contact move they take 1/16 HP recoil. Does not effect Pokemon with an electric Immunity, and restores 1/16 HP with Volt Absorb. The electromagnetism removes Stealth Rocks (Via cancelling out their ability to float)"

Power Burst
    Rock
    Special
    95BP 100Acc

The user releases built up core energy to inflict damage. Has a 25% chance to Burn the target.
    Those are actually some cool moves, but I would make Mist Over last over 3 turns, maybe 5 or 6. Also, I don't understand how an electric type move can burn. Could you shed some light on that?
    Friend Safari:
    Mankey, Pancham, Riolu

You mean Power Burst right?

It's a rock move and underground seismic energy tends to deal with Magma, so the exploding rock energy will be magma-like in form thus burning.

The animation would be similar to explosion, only without the background and chunks of red hot rock spheres flying out.

Rock needs more Special Moves, since Power Gem is kinda weak, and they also need more status spreading moves. Currently Rock moves most likely flinch, or drop a stat. A mini-Scald would be awsome for special attackers that have access to it.

Notable users would be: Camerupt, Moltres, Forretress, Tyranitar (via Pupitar), Solrock, Lunatone, Claydol, Glalie (and in turn Froslass), Salamence (Via Shelgon), Metagross, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Regigigas, Drifblim, Magnezone, Garbador, Cryogonal, and plenty others who just lack the SpA to use it good.

I have quite a few ideas for new moves, abilities, and items for competitive battling. I'll scatter my ideas between several posts to make it easier for you guys to give your opinions on them. (:
    I apologize if any of these ideas have been mentioned before, though.

Change to Existing Item: Life Orb
    - The 10% HP drop only applies if the move would have needed the extra 30% power. Does not factor in critical hits.
    Consider the following three Pokémon: a Scizor holding a Life Orb, Chansey A with 100 HP, and Chansey B with 200 HP. The Scizor uses Bullet Punch, dealing 120 damage to both, without critical hits or factoring in Life Orb increase. The Scizor would not take 10% HP recoil from fainting Chansey A because the extra damage isn't needed, but it would take the recoil from damaging Chansey B because the extra damage was taken into account. Even if the hit were a critical on Chansey B (which would be 240 without Life Orb), it still would've made Scizor suffer recoil, because the Life Orb wouldn't take critical chance into account.

New Ability: Flock
    "Increases the power of Flying-type moves in a pinch."
    - The Flying-type equivalent to Swarm, Torrent, Overgrow, and Blaze.

New Move: Allure
    Type: Grass / Power: -- / Accuracy: -- / PP: 10 / Target: Self / Category: Status / Priority: +9
    "A soothing air draws all effects toward the user. Its chance of failing rises if used in succession."
    - Basically, it's like Follow Me. But notice the extremely high priority. It's a much more complicated move than what its cover would lead you to think, so I'll explain it much more thoroughly if you guys need me to.

New Item: Pure Herb
    "An herb from a medicinal plant. It increases the HP restored by a recovery move just once."
    - Behaves like the Mental Herb and Red Herb, but applies for moves like Recover, Slack Off, Swallow, and Softboiled. Increases the recovery of these moves by 50% (Recover restores 75%, Moonlight restores 37.5% HP under rain, etc.). It will be consumed if used with a stockpile-3'd Swallow, or a Moonlight or Morning Sun under the sun.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

I'd really love it if there's some type of Grass type 95 B.P 100 Acc move.

Moves
    Energy Burst
    Type: Grass/Base Power: 95/Accuracy: 100/PP:15/Category: Attack/ Priority: 0
    Shoot a powerful burst of natural energy at the foe. May decrease (10%) accuracy.
    Sort of like Energy Ball and Green Rollout, except when the foe gets hit, it explodes into green slime and leaf.

Psychic Luck
    Type: Psychic / Base Power : -- / Accuracy: -- / PP: 10 / Category: Status/ Priority: 0
    The user makes a wish using psychic, and all chances of having a secondary effect or afflicting a status on attack will double. Will not increase flinch rate. Last for 5 turns.
    Skill Serene Grace, let's make it stack! No, it doesn't stack :P Otherwise, cough, rage, cough, quit... Will not increase flinch rate, yay!

Charge Slam
    Type: Electric / Base Power: 90 / Accuracy: 95 / PP: 15 / Category: Attack / Priority: 0
    The user charges itself with electricity and slams into the foe. May cause flinching.
    Physical electric move without recoil doesnt come off to me often. So yay

Ice Trinity
    Type: Ice / Base Power: 120 / Accuracy: 30 / PP: 10 / Category: Attack / Priority: 0
    The user summons all its ice power and launches its enemy. When hit, there is 100% that it freezes the target.
    Overpowered? Yeah. Probably not gonna make it to the battle scene though

Electro Drain
    Type: Electric / Base Power: 80 / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 15 / Category: Attack / Priority : 0
    The user drains energy from the foe through electrical energy which the user drains 50% of the damage dealt.
    Electric giga drain? Something to heal your ever frail pikachu!

Ice Bulk
    Type: Ice / Base Power: -- / Accuracy: -- / PP: 10 / Category: Status / Priority : 0
    The user raises the party special defense and special attack greatly (2 stages fyi) for 5 stages. During this period, no entry hazards can be used.
    Haha, we need something to give the ice cream advantage!

Abilities
    Sweeper - When the user enters the battle, all entry hazards are cleared. For stuff like ice cream and bear, maybe elevating them to a higher tier.
    Resistant Feather - The user takes 50% less damage from -ice -rock and electric damage. Birds are always at the bottom, let's give them a good ability.
    Ice Aura - All the pokemon in the field will take 50% extra damage from ice type attacks

Changes
    Dig, Dive and Fly has their B.P increased to 120.
    Rock Tomb's effect was renewed. Base Power increased to 65, foe's speed and defense is lowered by one stage, the foe takes continuous damage over 3 turns.
    Retaliate's original B.P decreased to 55, but the effect after a fainted ally is triples the damage.

Well, how do you think they are? Mostly to balance out crappier skills, give edges to ice type and maybe give entry hazards a bad pass :P

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

And if Stealth Icicles and Stealth Rock could stack up, you could basically reduce something like Dragonites HP by 75%, then you can kill it with ease, which would hurt, plus it gives the Gimmicky (I think) Prankster Riolu another hazard for an opponent to deal with:/

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    You mean Power Burst right?

It's a rock move and underground seismic energy tends to deal with Magma, so the exploding rock energy will be magma-like in form thus burning.

The animation would be similar to explosion, only without the background and chunks of red hot rock spheres flying out.

Rock needs more Special Moves, since Power Gem is kinda weak, and they also need more status spreading moves. Currently Rock moves most likely flinch, or drop a stat. A mini-Scald would be awsome for special attackers that have access to it.

Notable users would be: Camerupt, Moltres, Forretress, Tyranitar (via Pupitar), Solrock, Lunatone, Claydol, Glalie (and in turn Froslass), Salamence (Via Shelgon), Metagross, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Regigigas, Drifblim, Magnezone, Garbador, Cryogonal, and plenty others who just lack the SpA to use it good.
    Oh sorry, I didn't see that it was a rock move. I like the idea of a strong special rock move. It would give, for example, Omastar a reliable secondary STAB, not Ancientpower or something.
    Friend Safari:
    Mankey, Pancham, Riolu

What if Mummy carried over from being harmed alone?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

It would make it even more annoying that's for sure. Though it would also make Cofag a great switch in on Pokemon that need their abilities. Also make Mummy permanent for the battle (if it isn't already). It would shut down Moxie Sweepers, Intimidate Spammers, and an assortment of others.

I also predict Slaking would increase in usage a little. Switch in Cofag on any attack, pass on Mummy. bam slaking sweep! currently it requires a contact move.

Still obvious as a white stain in a black room, but with it being permanent Slaking has plenty of opportunities to use the opponent's mummy.

Flareon with Flare Blitz. I don't get how Beedrill learns Roost or Latios.
    Oh yeah...
    Slaking with Huge Power, Speed Boost, Intimidade or any other boss Ability. Same for Regigigas. 2 new Ubers
    Manchamp with Sheer Cold. 1 more baned moveset.
    Ok a resonable one now. Flygon with Compoundeyes. I mean look at thoses eyes, look at that name!!!
    Lickylicky with thick fat.
    Snorlax with slack off
    The 5th gen water starters become fighting-type.
    And a lot more

Quote Originally Posted by 5221A View Post
    Oh yeah...
    Slaking with Huge Power, Speed Boost, Intimidade or any other boss Ability. Same for Regigigas. 2 new Ubers
    Ok a resonable one now. Flygon with Compoundeyes. I mean look at thoses eyes, look at that name!!!
    Snorlax with slack off
    And a lot more
    -Beedrill and latios can fly..
    -Too overpowered even in uber standards.
    -0HKO moves are banned anyway.
    -what it will help flygon with? stone edge? I would rather be immune to entry hazards and ground attacks.
    -could make lickylicky better.. but still inferior to snorlax.
    -I don't think smurott will ever change type but I really hope they will.

There is a good need of better spinners.. I am not really happy with the ones we have none of them have good recovery + bulk tentacruek is close but no instant recovery..

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by 5221A View Post
    Oh yeah...
    Snorlax with slack off
    And a lot more
    That is banned from balanced hack mons even. Do you realize how hard it is to be banned from balanced hack mons?!?

Contrary deoxys, just because you guys have me thinking of balanced hackmons

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Quiver Dance Flygon with Tinted Lense/Compoundeyes would be something fun yo use.

I mean the stats that get boosted arn't spectacular (SpA-80, SpD-80, Spe-100) but Flygon's got a huge Special Movepool, and some powerful moves to use with it. If it got Compoundeyes it could run something like this...

Flygon@Life Orb
    Compoundeyes
    252SpA 252Spe 4HP
    Earth Power
    Quiver Dance
    Fire Blast/U-Turn/Roost
    Draco Meteor

What I guess we would need be are more skill link users and multi hitting moves:

Multi hit moves: All are hits 2-5 times
    Poison needles: - Power: 25-30 - Accuracy: 100% - PP: 10-20 - Type: Poison
    Spirit balls- Power: 25-30 - Accuracy: 90-100% - PP: 10-15 - Type: Ghost or Psychic
    Neutron Laser: Power: 35-60 - Accuracy: 95-100% - PP: 10 - Type: Electric
    Snowflakes: Power: 30-40 - Accuracy: 85-100% - PP: 10 - Type: Ice
    Leaf throw: Power: 25-30 - Accuracy: 95-100% - PP: 10-20 - Type: Grass
    Swift Strike: Power: 25-30 - Accuracy: 100% - PP: 10-15 - Type: Dark or Normal

Skill link pokemon users:

Known Skill linkers:

Minccino family
    Aipom Family
    Shellder Family

Potential Skill linkers:
    Plusle
    Minun
    Venipede Family
    Weedle Family
    Budew Family
    Glaceon and Eevee
    Snorunt Family
    Glameow Family
    Meowth Family
    Scraggy Family
    and some others I'm not sure
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

^Just a note that we already have multi-hitting Grass, Normal and Ice moves. Also, I think that moves that hit 2-5 times should never be more than 25 per hit. 5 STAB hits equals 187.5 damage, which is already incredibly powerful. If it was 60 per hit, 5 hits is as strong as STAB Selfdestruct. I do think we need more multi-hit moves, and more Technician/Skill Link pokemon for it.

We can't have Electric type Neutron lasers though, since Neutrons have no charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    ^Just a note that we already have multi-hitting Grass, Normal and Ice moves. Also, I think that moves that hit 2-5 times should never be more than 25 per hit. 5 STAB hits equals 187.5 damage, which is already incredibly powerful. If it was 60 per hit, 5 hits is as strong as STAB Selfdestruct. I do think we need more multi-hit moves, and more Technician/Skill Link pokemon for it.

We can't have Electric type Neutron lasers though, since Neutrons have no charge.
    Well, we forgot rock blast as multi hitting too. But ... any better name for a multi hitting electric move?
    My guess: Parts of the atom again.
    Plusle - Proton Laser (exclusive)
    Minun - Electron Laser (exclusive)

other suggestive multi hitting moves:
    Iron Fragment: Power: 25 - Accuracy: 80-100% - PP: 10-15% - Type: Steel
    Bubble Burst: Power: 25 - Accuracy: 100% - PP: 10 - Type: Water
    Ember Blast: Power: 25 - Accuracy: 90%-100% - PP: 10 - Type: Fire
    Swarm Dust: Power: 25 - Accuracy: 100% - PP: 10 - Type: Bug (sorry pin missile but you don't do good enough on power and accuracy)
    Treamor: Power: 25 - Accuracy: 90% - 100% - PP: 10 - Type: Ground
    Wind Force: Power: 25 - Accuracy: 100% - PP: 10 - Type: Flying

Other Potential Skill Link pokemon:
    Beedrill
    Jolteon
    Genesect (DW ability) Metal Gear sense wise.
    Hitmontop

Got any other pokes that could use Skill link well?
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

A good electric multi hit would be somthing like~

JumpStart
    Electric
    Acc 95/85 (unsure)
    pow 15/20 (depends on witch acc you go with)
    hits 2-5 times.

Makes sense since anyone who has tried to jumpstart their car knows it takes several tries, or it might work the second try.

Continuing the discussion on "one move that will change everything"
    A good Volt-turn ghost pokemon whould be a great way to block spin and maintain momentum. So I don't think it is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

^^Rotom has Volt Switch and is a spin blocker but is NU due to it's better alternate forms. Do you mean a guy who can U-turn into a ghost to spinblock and then the ghost U-turns/Volt Switches out into the another Poke? I don't really understand what you mean.
    Friend Safari:
    Mankey, Pancham, Riolu

Shift Gear Metagross would be beautiful. Just saying.

Page 7 of 88 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast