Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Thi?t k? website giá r? ch? 500k

Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    New Moves:

Melt Away (N/A BP, N/A Accuracy, 10 PP, Status, +3 Priority, Water).

Flavor text: "The user melts away into the nearest source of liquid to evade attacks and heal itself. Fails if used in succession or during strong sunlight."

In-Depth effect: The user evades all attacks, barring Thunder and Thunderbolt, including Feint. It restores HP equivalent to 1/16th of its HP (1/8 during rainy weather). It fails if used more than once in a row or during sunny weather. Fails if used in conjunction with any other protection move (Protect, Detect, etc...)

Distribution: This is Vaporeon's signature move.

Comments: I am trying to make a tailor-made Protect for Vaporeon without making it redundant or OP.

Stun Bolt (80 BP, 100 Accuracy, 15 PP, Special, +0 Priority, Electric).

Flavor text: "The user grabs the foe with a strong current of electricity, attempting to stun the foe. It may cause paralysis"

In-depth effect: It has a 30% chance of causing paralysis.

Distribution: This is Jolteon's signature move.

Comments: Because I gave Vaporeon a signature move, Jolteon needs to get one too.

I will edit Flareon's in later. Bare with me.
    Melt Away - Sure. I'm positive that only being able to use this for one turn before it has a guaranteed chance of failing (unlike with Protect and Detect, where accuracy of subsequent consecutive uses is halved) balances out the HP restoration effect nicely.

Stun Bolt - Yup, as many mentioned already, this is Discharge without the ability to hit multiple Pokémon. For better or worse too, though, since Discharge also hits allies. I wouldn't crank up the paralysis chance, since Scald's 30% burn is already crazy good as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Changed:
    Attract Status: Instead of being similar to confusion, it becomes more Sleep-esque. Attract makes immobilization for 2 to 5 turns. The effect will be cancelled when switched out. However, during Infuriation, the pokemon has a 30% chance of hurting itself.

New Moves:
    Last Barrier (Psychic)
    PP: 5/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status/Target: All allies/Priority: 0
    The user sacrifices itself to make a barrier that prevents all of the foes' attack from landing to its allies for a turn.
    > Protect, except that it comes with a cost, and only works in double/triple.

Rotom gets DW Abilities (Weee~)
    Rotom: Motor Drive 2nd DW: Shadow Boost
    Rotom-Wash: Lightningrod 2nd DW: Torrent
    Rotom-Mow: Lightningrod 2nd DW: Overgrow
    Rotom-Heat: Lightningrod 2nd DW: Blaze
    Rotom-Fridge: Lightningrod 2nd DW: Hail Storm
    Rotom-Fan: Lightningrod 2nd DW: Tornado

*All of their 2nd DW Ability are respective mirrors of Blaze/Torrent/Overgrow, so no need to go in depth wiht that.
    Infatuation - So does the proposed infatuation guarantee that the infatuated Pokémon is immobilized, or does it still work more like confusion in that the Pokémon only has a chance of being immobilized by love in any one turn? I don't really know what to say in terms of design, since it's a weird hybrid of sleep and confusion that, for some reason, only works on the opposite gender.

Last Barrier - It's Wide Guard and Protect together alright. I'm assuming it follows the same "rules" as Protect (Feint getting rid of the status, and, if you include it, Thunder's chance to pierce through it during rain and Blizzard's during hail). Fine by me.

Rotom forme DW abilities - I don't know... you don't see Pokémon like Flygon and Gengar losing Levitate. Especially for Gengar, losing Levitate would pretty much doom itself. The same thing would go for Rotom-H. :/

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    You, sir, deserve a cookie. I actually laughed at this... In fact, I'm sigging this cause I have nothing better to sig.
    Thank you. First thing I said to be sigged.

New move:

The ol' One Two
    Fighting
    Physical
    Power: 40
    Accuracy: 95
    Pp: 10
    The user gives 'em the ol' one two punch. Hits twice. Power is doubled for the second attack.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by treeckotrainer View Post
    it's like heatproof Bronzong: It's inferior to Levitate, but has a surprise value. Come to think of it, I should actually try that once...And I indeed forgot about Rotom-F. That form would indeed love Lightningrod as its ability.
    well, heatproof Bronzong is different because people assume that it's Levitate, and then decide to blast it fire. On the other hand, Rotom resists electric already.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    I guess... it's an item slot sacrifice, so no Choice Scarf or Life Orb or anything like that for them.

And uhh... Pointy Knife and ripping? Yeah... o:
    I'm sorry, you've lost me with the second point. The Pointy Knife was supposed to be a play on words, since it boosts STAB .__x
    Anyway tho, I was mostly thinking about some of the Eeveelutions who could use it, or pokemon that have hybrid sets, like Infernape.
    But I guess that's where the Choice Scarf comes in. I guess if it was a bit better it would be more worth using

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    Both of those are instantly Broken. Sunflora... O_O Oh GOD. Charizard can still go die and screw itself in a hole, but Sunflora getting that boost? It's like giving a squirrel coffee, unpredictable.

Damage calculation of Maximan IV'd EV'd Sunflora, Solar Power, Choice Specs,+6 Sunny Day Solar Beam against a level one Wooper with no item,-6 and maximum damage, with crit

3,690,504 That's... Hell. Now double that. Yea, you get the picuture .PermaSun plus Quick CLaw/Choice Specs SOlarBeam Spam? THat will murder everything.

THe first one will instantly make the entire meta game offensive. You don't have to worry about hazards, Stat lowering moves, statuses, just give your entire team this magic item of death. With this, you'll see a lot of Offensive pokemon in OU, and a Lot of Defensive Pokemon in NU.
    As much as I love your metaphor, you clearly don't play much competitive pokemon.
    First of all, where did that Wooper thing come from? That's really random, even if it is a joke.
    Quick Claw is never used.
    Charizard would become a monster. Choice Scarf Charizard with that kind of power would annihilate all of it's threats instantly, especially with STAB Fire Blast in the Sun. No more resistances, period.
    Finally, the item would mostly be used by tanks or support pokemon, but even then not that much. The Choice items, Life Orb, and Focus Sash are all too important for heavily offensive pokemon to be replaced. Even walls wouldn't want to replace the precious Leftovers, especially as it is only one use. It's a cool item that has an interesting niche, but that one-use thing kind of kills it.
    Rotom gets DW Abilities (Weee~)
    Rotom: Motor Drive 2nd DW: Shadow Boost
    Rotom-Wash: Lightningrod 2nd DW: Torrent
    Rotom-Mow: Lightningrod 2nd DW: Overgrow
    Rotom-Heat: Lightningrod 2nd DW: Blaze
    Rotom-Fridge: Lightningrod 2nd DW: Hail Storm
    Rotom-Fan: Lightningrod 2nd DW: Tornado

*All of their 2nd DW Ability are respective mirrors of Blaze/Torrent/Overgrow, so no need to go in depth wiht that.
    While it's cool that they get actual DW abilities, Levitate (at least for everyone but Rotom-Fan, but it isn't that great anyway) is too precious to lose. It gives them an immunity to one of the most common attacks in pokemon: Earthquake. It's really helpful, so I doubt people would want to choose Lightning Rod, which is a resistance for everyone but Rotom-Wash and Rotom-Fan, over Levitate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post

New move:

The ol' One Two
    Fighting
    Physical
    The user gives 'em the ol' one two punch. Hits twice. Power is doubled for the second attack.
    So a move that breaks Sub, and then essentially destroys the opponent? As much as I would love this, it's a wee bit broken, especially as it is a base 120 Attack without Sub with no drawbacks whatsoever, besides the more-or-less inconsequential 5% accuracy drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by treeckotrainer View Post
    it's like heatproof Bronzong: It's inferior to Levitate, but has a surprise value. Come to think of it, I should actually try that once...And I indeed forgot about Rotom-F. That form would indeed love Lightningrod as its ability.
    Why would anyone use an Electric type attack on a Rotom, when most forms are immune to it?

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

New move:

The ol' One Two
    Fighting
    Physical
    Too good. Dual Chop is essentially the already-good Dragon Claw, but with slightly less accuracy to balance out the two hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    I'm sorry, you've lost me with the second point. The Pointy Knife was supposed to be a play on words, since it boosts STAB .__x
    Anyway tho, I was mostly thinking about some of the Eeveelutions who could use it, or pokemon that have hybrid sets, like Infernape.
    But I guess that's where the Choice Scarf comes in. I guess if it was a bit better it would be more worth using
    I got the more obvious, stab-knife pun. But I figured everyone would get it, so that's why I didn't mention it. :P

Alright, new version.

In addition, lowers defense.sp.defense.

Now 90 acc.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

It would be good if magmezone has the ability levitate, since it's already in the air how can earthquake hit it?
    Favorite pokemon:

Quote Originally Posted by Motonari27 View Post
    It would be good if magmezone has the ability levitate, since it's already in the air how can earthquake hit it?
    It technically is not in the air. It might be op, but people would still prefer magnet pull, I believe.

New Moves:

Melt Away (N/A BP, N/A Accuracy, 10 PP, Status, +3 Priority, Water).

Flavor text: "The user melts away into the nearest source of liquid to evade attacks and heal itself. Fails if used in succession or during strong sunlight."

In-Depth effect: The user evades all attacks, barring Thunder and Thunderbolt, including Feint. It restores HP equivalent to 1/16th of its HP (1/8 during rainy weather). It fails if used more than once in a row or during sunny weather. Fails if used in conjunction with any other protection move (Protect, Detect, etc...)

Distribution: This is Vaporeon's signature move.

Comments: I am trying to make a tailor-made Protect for Vaporeon without making it redundant or OP.
    I like this one. Though Protect and Detect's priority is +4 and since this is a custom version of it I just thought I'd tell you that.

Rapid Spin:

Old effect: Deals damage and removes entry hazards on the user's side. It also removes trapping moves like Sand Tomb and Whirlpool.

New effect: Its effect of removing entry hazards and trapping moves occur regardless of type immunities.

Comments: Fixed it in terms of flavor.
    I actually agree with this. It makes mores sense flavorfully anyway. The Pokemon is spinning to blow entry hazards away so why should it matter if it hits the target or not?

Changed:
    Attract Status: Instead of being similar to confusion, it becomes more Sleep-esque. Attract makes immobilization for 2 to 5 turns. The effect will be cancelled when switched out. However, during Infuriation, the pokemon has a 30% chance of hurting itself.
    If it worked like this then what's the point in using confusion?

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

New move:

Name: Spirit Pass
    Type: Psychic
    Category: Other
    PP: 5 / 8
    Effect: The user faints. The switch-in gains +2 Attack and Sp. Atk.

Distribution: Alakazam's line, Chimecho's line, Espeon (maybe...), Lunatone, Solrock, Mr. Mime's line, and Azelf (in place of Explosion)

Pretty much an alternative to Healing Wish / Memento for Dual Screeners.

I'm worried it's a bit overpowered though...
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

New move:

Distribution: Alakazam's line, Chimecho's line, Espeon (maybe...), Lunatone, Solrock, Mr. Mime's line, and Azelf (in place of Explosion)

I personally don't think +2 is broken because you are fainting a pokemon for this so yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I personally don't think +2 is broken because you are fainting a pokemon for this so yeah...
    Remember, someone made something like that with a speed boost, which was broken as it became smash + pass in one.

New move:

I knew I posted my opinion on such a move before. +2 Attack and Sp. Atk is fine.

Melt Away - Sure. I'm positive that only being able to use this for one turn before it has a guaranteed chance of failing (unlike with Protect and Detect, where accuracy of subsequent consecutive uses is halved) balances out the HP restoration effect nicely.

Stun Bolt - Yup, as many mentioned already, this is Discharge without the ability to hit multiple Pokémon. For better or worse too, though, since Discharge also hits allies. I wouldn't crank up the paralysis chance, since Scald's 30% burn is already crazy good as it is.
    Thanks. I was trying to create an Electric-typed Scald that paralyzes rather than burns forgetting that Discharge did exactly that but also hits all pokemon in battle. I will be upping its BP to 90 and reducing its accuracy to 95 to balance the boost in power. I will be making that all electric-type attacks break Melt Away in exchange for a slightly higher recovery (3/32ths HP in normal weather and 3/16ths in rainy weather).

New move:

The ol' One Two
    Fighting
    Physical
    Too powerful. My suggestion is to halve the base power and make it three attacks, with the last one gaining the boost. So 20+20+(20x2) = 80 BP.

I like this one. Though Protect and Detect's priority is +4 and since this is a custom version of it I just thought I'd tell you that.
    Ah, missed that. I'mma fixing it right now.

New Moves:

Blaze Wheel (130 BP, 85 Accuracy, 5 PP, physical attack, makes contact, targets adjacent pokemon, +0 priority, Fire type).

Flavor text: "The user curls up into a ball and ignites itself in fire to ram into the foe with maximum force, engulfing the foe in flames."

In-Depth effect: Deals damage with no secondary effect.

Distribution: This is Flareon's signature move.

Comments: A physical Blue Flare for Flareon and a step up from Flame Wheel. Flareon desperately needs a better movepool so it could shine in the higher tiers.

Psi Burst (100 BP, 90 Accuracy, 5 PP, special attack, does not make contact, targets adjacent pokemon, +0 priority, Psychic type).

Flavor text: "The user amasses a strong hunk of strange psychic power and hurls it at the foe. It has a high chance of causing confusion."

In-depth effect: It causes damage, having a 50% chance of also causing confusion.

Distribution: Espeon gets its signature move now.

Comments: Like Ho-Oh's Sacred Fire, but may cause confusion instead of a burn. This would be great for forcing switches, but almost nothing can beat a No Guard Dynamic Punch for that purpose.

Night Gaze (N/A BP, 100 Accuracy, 10 PP, status, does not make contact, targets an adjacent foe, +1 priority, Dark type).

Flavor text: "The user makes the foe stare at the ring on its forehead. As a result, the foe flinches if it was readying an attack."

In-depth effect: The foe has a guaranteed chance of flinching if it was about to use an attacking move.

Distribution: Umbreon's signature move.

Comments: A variant of Sucker Punch that causes flinching rather than attacking. It would stall many physical attackers, particularly choiced item users. I fear that it could be broken for that reason.

Thanks. I was trying to create an Electric-typed Scald that paralyzes rather than burns not realizing that Discharge did exactly that but also hits all pokemon in battle. I will be upping its BP to 90 and reducing its accuracy to 95 to balance the boost in power. I will be making that all electric-type attacks break Melt Away in exchange for a slightly higher recovery (3/32ths HP in normal weather and 3/16ths in rainy weather).
    Oh yeah, I didn't even mention how it didn't make sense if only Thunder and Thunderbolt lifted the effects of Melt Away for the turn. It just goes to show that the creator of something really shouldn't underestimate the power of proofreading his or her own work. :P

New, more blah blah blah

Flabbergast (Dark)
    PP: 10/Power: 40/Accuracy: 100/Category: Physical/Priority: +3/Target: Single Adjacent Foe
    The user launches a speedy move that always flinch the foe.
    - Dark variant of Fake Out, with better typings. Distributions goes to Pokemon with Sucker Punch. Its like they almost go together lol.

Dissuade (Psychic)
    PP: 10/Power: --/Accuracy: 100/Category: Status/Priority: +6/Target: Single Adjacent Foe
    The user dissuades the foe from attacking. Chances of failing rises if this move is used consecutively.
    - It's Protect in another form. Rather than protecting yourself, you immobilise the foe. Also, it has the same priority as Protect/Detect, so speed decides all!

Here's an example:
    Turn 1: Acceglor is sent out. MissingNo is sent out.
    Turn 1: MissingNo uses Dissuade, Acceglor is hesitant about attacking MissingNo! Turn Ends
    Turn 2: Acceglor uses Protect, MissingNo uses Dissuade, Acceglor is protected. Turn Ends
    Turn 3: MissingNo uses Dissuade, but it failed! Acceglor uses Bug Buzz, MissingNo fainted! Turn Ends

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

New, more blah blah blah

Flabbergast (Dark)
    PP: 10/Power: 40/Accuracy: 100/Category: Physical/Priority: +3/Target: Single Adjacent Foe
    The user launches a speedy move that always flinch the foe.
    - Dark variant of Fake Out, with better typings. Distributions goes to Pokemon with Sucker Punch. Its like they almost go together lol.

Dissuade (Psychic)
    PP: 10/Power: --/Accuracy: 100/Category: Status/Priority: +6/Target: Single Adjacent Foe
    The user dissuades the foe from attacking. Chances of failing rises if this move is used consecutively.
    - It's Protect in another form. Rather than protecting yourself, you immobilise the foe. Also, it has the same priority as Protect/Detect, so speed decides all!

Here's an example:
    Turn 1: MissingNo uses Dissuade, Acceglor is hesitant about attacking MissingNo! Turn Ends
    Turn 2: Acceglor uses Protect, MissingNo uses Dissuade, Acceglor is protected. Turn Ends
    Turn 3: MissingNo uses Dissuade, but it failed! Acceglor uses Bug Buzz, MissingNo fainted! Turn Ends
    Flabbergast - Solid move, nothing to say here.

Dissuade - Since it has the same priority as Protect and Detect, would Pokémon A be able to use Dissuade on Pokémon B, making Pokémon B hesitant to use Protect, after which Pokémon C uses Close Combat on Pokémon B? (This assumes Pokémon A is faster than Pokémon B under otherwise normal conditions.)

New Moves:

Blaze Wheel (130 BP, 85 Accuracy, 5 PP, physical attack, makes contact, targets adjacent pokemon, +0 priority, Fire type).

Flavor text: "The user curls up into a ball and ignites itself in fire to ram into the foe with maximum force, engulfing the foe in flames."

Comments: A physical Blue Flare for Flareon and a step up from Flame Wheel. Flareon desperately needs a better movepool so it could shine in the higher tiers.

Psi Burst (100 BP, 90 Accuracy, 5 PP, special attack, does not make contact, targets adjacent pokemon, +0 priority, Psychic type).

Flavor text: "The user amasses a strong hunk of strange psychic power and hurls it at the foe. It has a high chance of causing confusion."

In-depth effect: It causes damage, having a 50% chance of also causing confusion.

Comments: Like Ho-Oh's Sacred Fire, but may cause confusion instead of a burn. This would be great for forcing switches, but almost nothing can beat a No Guard Dynamic Punch for that purpose.

Night Gaze (N/A BP, 100 Accuracy, 10 PP, status, does not make contact, targets an adjacent foe, +1 priority, Dark type).

Flavor text: "The user makes the foe stare at the ring on its forehead. As a result, the foe flinches if it was readying an attack."

In-depth effect: The foe has a guaranteed chance of flinching if it was about to use an attacking move.

Comments: A variant of Sucker Punch that causes flinching rather than attacking. It would stall many physical attackers, particularly choiced item users. I fear that it could be broken for that reason.
    You just love making signature moves, don't you? lol :P

But seriously I think these are all, all right though Umbreon's signature move may be a bit broken because you can pretty much toxic stall them to death with this move and stop them from moving at all.

Dissuade (Psychic)

Here's an example:
    I thought I understood what it did but your example just confused me. I'm assuming It basically only stops them from moving for that 1 turn? I mean that can be great against Slaking or for Toxic stalling but other than that i really don't see much use out of it.

Flabbergast - Solid move, nothing to say here.

Dissuade - Since it has the same priority as Protect and Detect, would Pokémon A be able to use Dissuade on Pokémon B, making Pokémon B hesitant to use Protect, after which Pokémon C uses Close Combat on Pokémon B? (This assumes Pokémon A is faster than Pokémon B under otherwise normal conditions.)
    Okay your question is kinda confusing to me XD But let's use this example:

In a double battle, Team A has Slowpoke and Ferrothorn. Team B has Acceglor and Scizor.

Here's an example:
    Turn 1: Acceglor uses Dissuade on Ferrothorn, Ferrothorn is hesitant to attack. Scizor uses Close Combat on Ferrothorn, it's super effective! Slowpoke uses Amnesia, Slowpoke's Special Defense sharply rose.

Turn 2: Acceglor uses Dissuade, but it failed! Ferrothorn uses Protect. Scizor uses Close Combat on Ferrothorn, Ferrothorn is protected. Slowpoke uses Yawn.

I thought I understood what it did but your example just confused me. I'm assuming It basically only stops them from moving for that 1 turn? I mean that can be great against Slaking or for Toxic stalling but other than that i really don't see much use out of it.
    Yes, that's what I'm trying to get across. However, Dissuade has an advantage in doubles. Let's say you have a Victini and Alakazam against a Scizor and Conkedeleur, right? It's almost confirmed that Scizor will try BP against Alakazam and work its way on Zam's poor Def stats. So now, you can use Victini to Dissuade Scizor from using Bullet Punch, and Alakazam can finish it with HP (Fire).

Protect just stalls out a turn, but Dissuade actually gives you a chance to counterattack in doubles.

ASB Squad

Blaze Wheel - It probably needs 5 less accuracy, but otherwise it's alright. Not being able to burn (not like Flareon really cares, to be honest) for 10 more power seems pretty good.

Psi Burst - I think moves like DynamicPunch and Inferno are great as they are. Psi Burst, in its current state, replicate those two moves very well with its own twist. Nice!

Night Gaze -
    This would probably make the metagame less fun if it weren't broken. Just have your Umbreon use this move sixteen times in a row, then let your Umbreon faint, then send out your Smeargle and have it use Night Daze sixteen times... yeah. The foe can set up, yeah, but literally making your opponent wait many turns without being able to do anything is signs of less-than-average mechanic design.
    Oh yeah, not to mention the plethora of stall tactics that could be done with this move.

Okay your question is kinda confusing to me XD But let's use this example:

In a double battle, Team A has Slowpoke and Ferrothorn. Team B has Acceglor and Scizor.

Here's an example:
    Turn 1: Acceglor uses Dissuade on Ferrothorn, Ferrothorn is hesitant to attack. Scizor uses Close Combat on Ferrothorn, it's super effective! Slowpoke uses Amnesia, Slowpoke's Special Defense sharply rose.

Turn 2: Acceglor uses Dissuade, but it failed! Ferrothorn uses Protect. Scizor uses Close Combat on Ferrothorn, Ferrothorn is protected. Slowpoke uses Yawn.
    On both turns, does Ferrothorn attempt to use Protect? If so, then I'd say Dissuade is a pretty solid move. If not, it should. (:

Yeah, yeah the Ferrothorn does.

Blaze Wheel - 130 BP coming off from Flareon? That has to hurt. Still, it doesn't have really good coverage moves. Otherwise, I agree, 80 Accuracy please. XD

Psi Burst - Looks cool. Pretty kewl.

Night Gaze - Oh wow... can you add a "fail if used consecutively"? You can literally stall a pokemon to death. Have two layers of T-spikes, Umbreon spam night gaze. Smeargle spam night gaze. Uhh yeah, too op.

ASB Squad

Night Gaze -
    This would probably make the metagame less fun if it weren't broken. Just have your Umbreon use this move sixteen times in a row, then let your Umbreon faint, then send out your Smeargle and have it use Night Daze sixteen times... yeah. The foe can set up, yeah, but literally making your opponent wait many turns without being able to do anything is signs of less-than-average mechanic design.
    Oh yeah, not to mention the plethora of stall tactics that could be done with this move.
    True, but I can see several ways to play around this move (some of which, admittedly, are quite specific):
    • Obviously, Taunt it. Most taunters, especially Sableye (and Thundurus-I in Ubers), can shut down many stall pokes with Taunt.
    • Phase it out with Whirlwind or Roar. Skarmory (and Arceon) says hi.
    • Keep in mind that it has +1 priority, so priority users that are faster can avoid the gaze. Lucario, Infernape and even Dragonite do this well but I'm iffy with Scizor and Breloom because of they may be slower.
    • Steadifast users, particularly Lucario, can abuse this move to gain speed and then set up as Umbreon or Smeargle switch out. A Lucario at +2 Attack or Special Attack and even +1 Speed can easily sweep the team if things like Scarf Terrakion and Breloom are gone. Alternatively, Inner Focus users (Lucario again) can completely ignore this move.
    • Inflict status on it. Neither Umbreon or Smeargle are immune to status - Toxic + Sandstorm or Hail decimates them. Alternatively, confuse them to make it less likely that they use that move or use Spore to put one to sleep.
    • Trick a Lagging Tail or Full Incense onto it to reduce its priority.
    • In Doubles or Triples, use Quash so that it goes last.

That being said, it should receive a couple of nerfs like less accuracy and PP. This would get Umbreon sent to OU at the very least.

Solrock and Lunatone need viable evolutions. Solrock should evolve into a Rock/Fire type while Lunatone evolves into a Rock/Dark type.

Also, new move.

Name: Legacy
    Type: Dragon
    Effect: Deals damage, has a 10% chance to raise the user's Special Attack.
    Accuracy: 85
    Power: 120
    PP: 10/16
    Category: Special
    Description: The user blasts the foe with a wave of its draconic power. May raise the user's Sp. Atk.

Just throwing a bone to Specially based dragons. Would the chance to raise Sp. Atk be too powerful?
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Solrock and Lunatone need viable evolutions. Solrock should evolve into a Rock/Fire type while Lunatone evolves into a Rock/Dark type.

Also, new move.

Name: Legacy
    Type: Dragon
    Effect: Deals damage, has a 10% chance to raise the user's Special Attack.
    Accuracy: 85
    Power: 120
    PP: 10/16
    Category: Special
    Description: The user blasts the foe with a wave of its draconic power. May raise the user's Sp. Atk.

Just throwing a bone to Specially based dragons. Would the chance to raise Sp. Atk be too powerful?
    The only thing that I would change is the PP. Moves with 120 BP or more generally have 5 PP instead of 10 PP. Still good.

Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast