Page 71 of 88 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Solrock and Lunatone need viable evolutions. Solrock should evolve into a Rock/Fire type while Lunatone evolves into a Rock/Dark type.

Also, new move.

Name: Legacy
    Type: Dragon
    Effect: Deals damage, has a 10% chance to raise the user's Special Attack.
    Accuracy: 85
    Power: 120
    PP: 10/16
    Category: Special
    Description: The user blasts the foe with a wave of its draconic power. May raise the user's Sp. Atk.

Just throwing a bone to Specially based dragons. Would the chance to raise Sp. Atk be too powerful?
    It's awesome but maybe make it look like Focus Miss, which as mentioned in the past, needs to be upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    True, but I can see several ways to play around this move (some of which, admittedly, are quite specific):
    • Obviously, Taunt it. Most taunters, especially Sableye (and Thundurus-I in Ubers), can shut down many stall pokes with Taunt.
    Sure. But a particular move shouldn't be absolutely required just to deal with the presence of another move. Taunt is often part of Pokémon-specific strategies to hinder the foe; if, say, the team's Taunter fainted, the team shouldn't be downright screwed if a foe uses this move against the team.

That said, though, this move does have +1 priority, so if a faster Pokémon has priority moves (Weavile and Ice Shard, for example), they can use it to prevent Night Gaze from working. Because of this, I'd actually just increase the chance of failure of consecutive uses in addition to the other changes that you mentioned.

• Phase it out with Whirlwind or Roar. Skarmory (and Arceon) says hi.
    The same thing that applies for Taunt also applies for Whirlwind, Roar, Dragon Tail, and Circle Throw.

• Keep in mind that it has +1 priority, so priority users that are faster can avoid the gaze. Lucario, Infernape and even Dragonite do this well but I'm iffy with Scizor and Breloom because of they may be slower.
    • Steadifast users, particularly Lucario, can abuse this move to gain speed and then set up as Umbreon or Smeargle switch out. A Lucario at +2 Attack or Special Attack and even +1 Speed can easily sweep the team if things like Scarf Terrakion and Breloom are gone. Alternatively, Inner Focus users (Lucario again) can completely ignore this move.
    • Inflict status on it. Neither Umbreon or Smeargle are immune to status - Toxic + Sandstorm or Hail decimates them. Alternatively, confuse them to make it less likely that they use that move or use Spore to put one to sleep.
    The first and third points in this are pretty viable solutions, actually. The second, not so much, since it only applies to a particular group of Pokémon, but still a solution nonetheless.

• Trick a Lagging Tail or Full Incense onto it to reduce its priority.
    Lagging Tail, Full Incense, and Stall only make the holder or the Pokémon with the ability go last within the move's priority bracket.

• In Doubles or Triples, use Quash so that it goes last.
    I don't think it would really be used in Doubles or Triples at all, given that the other Pokémon on the target's team could just attack the user anyway.

But anyway, Quash would fail because the user would've already used Night Gaze by that point.

That being said, it should receive a couple of nerfs like less accuracy and PP. This would get Umbreon sent to OU at the very least.
    Umbreon really does deserve a spot in OU, in my opinion. It's the relatively unfair burst of Fighting-type Pokémon in the fifth generation that made it creep down. ):

Solrock and Lunatone need viable evolutions. Solrock should evolve into a Rock/Fire type while Lunatone evolves into a Rock/Dark type.

Also, new move.

Name: Legacy
    Type: Dragon
    Effect: Deals damage, has a 10% chance to raise the user's Special Attack.
    Accuracy: 85
    Power: 120
    PP: 10/16
    Category: Special
    Description: The user blasts the foe with a wave of its draconic power. May raise the user's Sp. Atk.

Just throwing a bone to Specially based dragons. Would the chance to raise Sp. Atk be too powerful?
    Design-wise, a user having its Sp. Atk raised at a 10% chance is equivalent to the target having its Sp. Def lowered at a 10% chance. Functionally speaking, a Sp. Def drop on the target at least might force a switch, but with this, you can decide to keep using your other moves (in other words, not switch). It might need an accuracy drop, and it definitely needs a PP adjustment.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Mmm. So 5/8 PP and 70 or 75 Accuracy?
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Too powerful. My suggestion is to halve the base power and make it three attacks, with the last one gaining the boost. So 20+20+(20x2) = 80 BP.

so you want it to be a weaker triple kcick? and three attacks is not a one two punch.

new version:

power 40 acc 95
    hits twice. doubles power for second attack. lowers the user's (sp.)def after the second hit.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Mmm. So 5/8 PP and 70 or 75 Accuracy?
    75's fine. You could, of course, go for 70 too, if you somehow feel that 75 is too much or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    so you want it to be a weaker triple kcick? and three attacks is not a one two punch.

new version:

power 40 acc 95
    hits twice. doubles power for second attack. lowers the user's (sp.)def after the second hit.
    I'd adjust the power to 30 without any Defense or Sp. Def drop. An effective 90 base power with the move is still really good. The fact that it's two hits instead of just one brings added advantages that cover for not being able to lower the foe's stats (breaking Subs is an example).

Alright, I am going to completely revamp it.

Night Gazev2.0 (N/A BP, 100 Accuracy, 10 PP, status, does not make contact, targets adjacent foe, +0 priority, Dark type).

Flavour text: "The user makes the foe to stare at the ring on its forehead to imply pressure. As a result the foe consumes more PP than usual for two to five turns."

In-depth effect: It afflicts the foe with the "Pressured" condition, causing it to consume twice as much PP as usual. This condition wears off after 2-5 turns or when withdrawn. This stacks with the Pressure ability to reduce PP by up to 4 per move.

Distribution: Umbreon

Comments: Instead of making the foe flinch, why not give it a condition that reduces PP faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Umbreon really does deserve a spot in OU, in my opinion. It's the relatively unfair burst of Fighting-type Pokémon in the fifth generation that made it creep down. ):
    I personally think that Fighting has begun to overcentralize the OU metagame. Out of about 50 pokemon in the tier, there is like 9 or 10 that are at least part figthing types IIRC. The new type I am planning to implement, the Light type, aims to reduce the overcentralization of both Fire and Fighting because it carries resists to both.

I designed a Light type once. I gave Ice an immunity to it, since Ice sort of reflects light, and besides, defenisive Ice types like Regice need some niche.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

I designed a Light type once. I gave Ice an immunity to it, since Ice sort of reflects light, and besides, defenisive Ice types like Regice need some niche.
    That seems interesting. What would be Light's type resistances? Immunities(if any)? What is it strong against? What is strong against it? And what resists it? Are what I wanna know. A lot of people would disagree with you though, in that we don't "need" a Light Type. I however am hoping they do incorporate it at some point or at least something similar.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Default Light type?

I had the damage tables for the Light type all typed out and such but my 3DS decided to be a jerk by not responding.

Here they are now:
    Light VS type x:
    • Light vs Normal - Neutral.
    • Light vs Fire - Neutral.
    • Light vs Water - Not very effective.
    • Light vs Grass - Not very effective.
    • Light vs Electric - Neutral.
    • Light vs Ice - Not very effective.
    • Light vs Fighting - Neutral.
    • Light vs Poison - Neutral.
    • Light vs Ground - Neutral.
    • Light vs Flying - Neutral.
    • Light vs Psychic - Neutral.
    • Light vs Bug - Super effective (I'm a bit iffy on this one flavourwise).
    • Light vs Rock - Not very effective.
    • Light vs Ghost - Super effective.
    • Light vs Dragon - Neutral.
    • Light vs Dark - Super effective.
    • Light vs Steel - No effect.
    • Light vs itself - Not very effective.

Type x VS Light:
    • Normal vs Light - Neutral.
    • Fire vs Light - Not very effective.
    • Water vs Light - Neutral.
    • Grass vs Light - Super effective.
    • Electric vs Light - Neutral.
    • Ice vs Light - Neutral.
    • Fighting vs Light - Not very effective.
    • Poison vs Light - Neutral.
    • Ground vs Light - Neutral.
    • Flying vs Light - Neutral.
    • Psychic vs Light - Not very effective.
    • Bug vs Light - Neutral.
    • Rock vs Light - Neutral.
    • Ghost vs Light - Not very effective.
    • Dragon vs Light - Neutral.
    • Dark vs Light - Super effective.
    • Steel vs Light - Super effective.

I might just edit in Leafeon's and Glaceon's signature moves later...
    Current IV hunt:
    - Perfect IV w/ Anticipation. Current progress: 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Anticipation.

Previous hunts:
    - 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Huge Power and Adamant Nature.

I had the damage tables for the Light type all typed out and such but my 3DS decided to be a jerk by not responding.

Here they are now:
    Light VS type x:
    • Light vs Normal - Neutral.
    • Light vs Fire - Neutral.
    • Light vs Water - Not very effective.
    • Light vs Grass - Not very effective.
    • Light vs Electric - Neutral.
    • Light vs Ice - Not very effective.
    • Light vs Fighting - Neutral.
    • Light vs Poison - Neutral.
    • Light vs Ground - Neutral.
    • Light vs Flying - Neutral.
    • Light vs Psychic - Neutral.
    • Light vs Bug - Super effective (I'm a bit iffy on this one flavourwise).
    • Light vs Rock - Not very effective.
    • Light vs Ghost - Super effective.
    • Light vs Dragon - Neutral.
    • Light vs Dark - Super effective.
    • Light vs Steel - No effect.

Type x VS Light:
    • Normal vs Light - Neutral.
    • Fire vs Light - Not very effective.
    • Water vs Light - Neutral.
    • Grass vs Light - Super effective.
    • Electric vs Light - Neutral.
    • Ice vs Light - Neutral.
    • Fighting vs Light - Not very effective.
    • Poison vs Light - Neutral.
    • Ground vs Light - Neutral.
    • Flying vs Light - Neutral.
    • Psychic vs Light - Not very effective.
    • Bug vs Light - Neutral.
    • Rock vs Light - Neutral.
    • Ghost vs Light - Not very effective.
    • Dragon vs Light - Neutral.
    • Dark vs Light - Super effective.
    • Steel vs Light - Super effective.

I might just edit in Leafeon's and Glaceon's signature moves later...
    Some of these I get like Light resisting Fire. But others like Steel and Grass being super effective against Light? I don't get. I do like that Light and Dark are super effective against each other though. I don't think there's ever been two different Types that are super effective to one another, I could be wrong though.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Some of these I get like Light resisting Fire. But others like Steel and Grass being super effective against Light? I don't get. I do like that Light and Dark are super effective against each other though. I don't think there's ever been two different Types that are super effective to one another, I could be wrong though.
    I have made it that Light is weak to Grass and Steel for both competitive and flavour reasons:
    • Plants (Grass) use Light to photosynthesize and that the Grass type is very lacking in the offensive department, hitting a defensive type such as Light for 2x damage makes it that much more viable as an offensive typing.
    • Metal (Steel) tends to reflect Light much more cleanly than other materials, hence the immunity, and the Steel type sucks as an offensive typing so getting an defensive type to hit for 2x damage is appropriate (this would probably have to coincide with Steel getting another weakness from a diffrent type).

New Items

Mist Ball
    Activates a haze that lasts for three turn when stat is dropped.
    - It activates the attack Mist, which reduces stats drop. Here's the example.

Turn 1: MissingNo is sent out, Shinx is sent out. Shinx's ability Intimidate lowers MissingNo's attack. MissingNo's Mist Ball is activated and surrounds the user with mist. The attack drop disappears!

It activates after the stat drop, but it still recovers the lost stat. So if someone used intimidate, you would have a dropped attack, THEN you activate it. It doesn't activate if no one tries to stat drop you.

New Ability
    Psy-Unnerve
    The user prevents usage of items.
    - Its Mold Breaker's copy pasta, except with items. LO will not activate (no hp drop nor attackboost), Leftovers would not bring recovery, berries cannot be eaten etc.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Alright, I am going to completely revamp it.

Night Gazev2.0 (N/A BP, 100 Accuracy, 10 PP, status, does not make contact, targets adjacent foe, +0 priority, Dark type).
    Flavour text: "The user makes the foe to stare at the ring on its forehead to imply pressure. As a result the foe consumes more PP than usual for two to five turns."
    In-depth effect: It afflicts the foe with the "Pressured" condition, causing it to consume twice as much PP as usual. This condition wears off after 2-5 turns or when withdrawn. This stacks with the Pressure ability to reduce PP by up to 4 per move.
    Distribution: Umbreon
    Comments: Instead of making the foe flinch, why not give it a condition that reduces PP faster.
    "Pressured" isn't a status condition; it's just an effect that is applied to the move of a foe that targets the Pokémon that induced the pressure. But the idea is still there regardless. :P

But yeah, it seems pretty good now.

I personally think that Fighting has begun to overcentralize the OU metagame. Out of about 50 pokemon in the tier, there is like 9 or 10 that are at least part figthing types IIRC. The new type I am planning to implement, the Light type, aims to reduce the overcentralization of both Fire and Fighting because it carries resists to both.
    If you look at the base stats of fifth-generation Fighting-types, you can tell that most of them have suffered from power creep unlike any other generation. If you compare the Attack and Sp. Atk stats of, say, Conkeldurr with those of Machamp, for example, you'll see that the Attack to Sp. Atk ratio is greater on Conkeldurr than on Machamp.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Mist Ball
    Activates a haze that lasts for three turn when stat is dropped.
    - It activates the attack Mist, which reduces stats drop. Here's the example.

Turn 1: MissingNo is sent out, Shinx is sent out. Shinx's ability Intimidate lowers MissingNo's attack. MissingNo's Mist Ball is activated and surrounds the user with mist. The attack drop disappears!

It activates after the stat drop, but it still recovers the lost stat. So if someone used intimidate, you would have a dropped attack, THEN you activate it. It doesn't activate if no one tries to stat drop you.

New Ability
    Psy-Unnerve
    The user prevents usage of items.
    - Its Mold Breaker's copy pasta, except with items. LO will not activate (no hp drop nor attackboost), Leftovers would not bring recovery, berries cannot be eaten etc.
    Mist Ball - So it's like a strictly better White Herb? It's alright, I guess.

Psy-Unnerve - Of course, Unnerve could just be upgraded to be this. I'm assuming that the items of the Pokémon with Psy-Unnerve and its allies would still work in the same way that regular Unnerve does?

Default New moves:

Now, time for Leafeon's and Glaceon's signature moves:

Solar Strike (50 BP, 90 Accuracy, 5 PP, Physical, hits adjacent target, +1 priority, Grass type).

Flavour text: "The user photosynthesizes at an alarming rate, gathering energy for a swift attack. It is sure to go first. Its power increases under strong sunlight."

In-depth effect: Base power doubles in strong sunlight.

Distribution: Leafeon.

Comments: In sunlight, this becomes the most powerful priority move in the game and this will hopefully give Leafeon a niche on sun teams that need a powerful priority attacker that is immune to status. However this move is next to useless under rain or sand (or hail) because of the negative priority it gets. Leafeon had a lot of potential that ended up getting wasted, particularly with an exclusive ability in Leaf Guard.

Ice Breaker (60 BP, 95 Accuracy, 10 PP, special, targets adjacent foes, +0 priority, Ice type).

Flavour text: "The user freezes ice on its body and then blasts it at the foe to remove debris from its body, raising Speed. It also raises Special Defense under hail."

In-depth effect: Deals damage and raises Speed by 1 stage. It also raises Special Defense by 1 stage in hail.

Distribution: Glaceon.

Comments: Pretty much an Ice-typed Flame Charge but also raises Special Defense under hail. Glaceon would do well in Hail teams thanks to this, but the added Special Defense boost in hail might be a bit too much.

Now, time for Leafeon's and Glaceon's signature moves:

Solar Strike (100 BP, 90 Accuracy, 5 PP, Physical, hits adjacent target, +0 priority, Grass type).

Flavour text: "The user photosynthesizes at an alarming rate, gathering energy for a powerful attack. It is sure to go first in strong sunlight but last in other types of weather."

In-depth effect: Gains +1 priority when it is under sunlight. It gains -1 priority under rain, sandstorm, fog and hail.

Comments: In sunlight, this becomes the most powerful priority move in the game and this will hopefully give Leafeon a niche on sun teams that need a powerful priority attacker that is immune to status. However this move is next to useless under rain or sand (or hail) because of the negative priority it gets. Leafeon had a lot of potential that ended up getting wasted, particularly with an exclusive ability in Leaf Guard.

Ice Breaker (60 BP, 95 Accuracy, 10 PP, physical (or special, whichever has the highest Base attacking stat), targets adjacent foes, +0 priority, Ice type).

Flavour text: "The user freezes ice on its body and then blasts it at the foe to remove debris from its body, raising Speed. It also raises Special Defense under hail."

In-depth effect: Deals damage and raises Speed by 1 stage. It also raises Special Defense by 1 stage in hail.

Comments: Pretty much an Ice-typed Flame Charge but also raises Special Defense under hail. Glaceon would go well in Hail teams thanks to this, but the added Special Defense boost in hail might be a bit too much.
    soalr strike: oh my aching *******. not only the most powerful grass type move out there, but priority with thatpower is insanely broken. after an sd, and if counters/checks were weakened/removed, good game, bro.

ice breaker: i'd guess this needs tweaking.

"japeon"'s sig move should be:

Jap

any japenese person playing with you will be so offended they leave the room.

EDIT: reread solar stirke, nvm.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

soalr strike: oh my aching *******. not only the most powerful grass type move out there, but priority with thatpower is insanely broken. after an sd, and if counters/checks were weakened/removed, good game, bro.

ice breaker: i'd guess this needs tweaking.

"japeon"'s sig move should be:

Jap

any japenese person playing with you will be so offended they leave the room.

EDIT: reread solar stirke, nvm.

Can we have signature moves that target other nationalities too please? This is 2013, we can't be targeting one ethnic category and not the others...

You know what, I'm not going to post what I was going to post because I don't feel like getting a shiny new infraction right now.

~Richard Dawkins

Can we have signature moves that target other nationalities too please? This is 2013, we can't be targeting one ethnic category and not the others...

You know what, I'm not going to post what I was going to post because I don't feel like getting a shiny new infraction right now.
    i was joking because i hate anything signature for the eevee's or new eevee's., but if you insist, i'll think of one.

i was joking because i hate anything signature for the eevee's or new eevee's., but if you insist, i'll think of one.
    So was I, and I agree with you. Signature moves are for legendaries and random things like Smeargle.

~Richard Dawkins

Solar Strike (100 BP, 90 Accuracy, 5 PP, Physical, hits adjacent target, +0 priority, Grass type).
    Flavour text: "The user photosynthesizes at an alarming rate, gathering energy for a powerful attack. It is sure to go first in strong sunlight but last in other types of weather."
    In-depth effect: Gains +1 priority when it is under sunlight. It gains -1 priority under rain, sandstorm, fog and hail.

Ice Breaker (60 BP, 95 Accuracy, 10 PP, special, targets adjacent foes, +0 priority, Ice type).
    Comments: Pretty much an Ice-typed Flame Charge but also raises Special Defense under hail. Glaceon would go well in Hail teams thanks to this, but the added Special Defense boost in hail might be a bit too much.
    Solar Strike - This move seems a bit too swingy for my taste. Perhaps a 50 power priority move (which is acceptable because it's a modification to a move that isn't too strong to warrant a signature move) that doubles in power if the sun is strong?

Ice Breaker - Excellent. Nothing else to say here.

Just because I can, new legendary trio:

---------------------------

Ranfilos

Bug/Ground

Famine Pokemon

Ability: (new) Shield of Death's Embrace

8ft, 640lbs.

Poked ex file:

A monstrous reptilian man with no visible eyes or tongue. It razed thousands of acres of farmlands long ago before being sealed away./The spirit of famine embodied. It wears heavy steel armor with no helmet and an upturned collar. It is surrounded by countless locusts, each said to contain the soul of someone who starved. It taunts its victims before they're death with its hideous misshapen face.

Stats:

Hp: 140
    Atk: 147
    Def: 105
    Sp.atk: 60
    Sp.def: 95
    Speed: 79

Notable moves: Attack Order, Earthquake, Superpower, Heal Order (maybe)..

That ability I mentioned:

This Pokemon is immune to non attacking moves and stealth rocks, plus takes 3/4 of usual damage until hit by fire, or uses attack order. The latter suppresses this ability until the next turn. Does not work in harsh sunlight.
    ----------------------------

Thintios

Poison

Plague Pokemon

Ability: Stench

4ft, 100lbs.

Poked ex file: A large rat who's face appears to always be melting. It likes to eat fecal waste as it exits the orafice./ Born of plague, it eats babies and pisses in people's coffe or hot chocolate.

Stats:

Hp: 96
    Atk: 101
    Def: 70
    Sp.atk: 96
    Sp.def: 70
    Speed: 143

Notable moves: super fang,

Signature Move: Infectious Bite
    Power 90 acc 100 pp 10
    30% chance of bad poison.

------------------------

Deslorta

Fire/Flying

Ability: Prankster

Destruction Pokemon

3ft, 0lbs.

Poked ex file: Born of the desert wind. It loves a good joke./ It torments people until they are driven to drink. It loves some good tobaccy.

Stats:

Hp: 80
    Atk: 40
    Def: 60
    Sp.atk: 160
    Sp.def: 60
    Speed: 112

-------------

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Solar Strike - This move seems a bit too swingy for my taste. Perhaps a 50 power priority move (which is acceptable because it's a modification to a move that isn't too strong to warrant a signature move) that doubles in power if the sun is strong?
    Thanks. I'ma modifying it right now. That should be the end of my signature Eevee moves.

Modified moves:

Techno Blast

Modification: Increase its power to 120 and reduce its accuracy to 80. Change its default type to Light. Alter what the drives do.
    • Burn Drive: Changes Techno Blast to the Fire Type and gives it a 20% burn chance when held.
    • Chill Drive: Changes Techno Blast to the Ice Type and gives it a 20% freeze chance when held.
    • Douse Drive: Changes Techno Blast to the Water Type and gives it a 20% confusion chance when held.
    • Shadow Drive (New): Changes Techno Blast to the Dark Type and gives it a 20% sleep chance when held. (for flavour).
    • Shock Drive: Changes Techno Blast to the Electric Type and gives it a 20% paralysis chance when held.
    • Venom Drive (New): Changes Techno Blast to the Poison Type and gives it a 20% badly poison chance when held (for flavour).

Comments: Techno Blast was hopeless on Genesect because it gets other moves that outclass it on all drives bar Douse Drive and LO Water Pulse outdamages Douse Drive Techno Blast. This will finally make it useful for once!

Shell Smash:

Modifications: Make it reduce Defense and Special Defense by 2 stages each and reduce PP to 5 (for flavour reasons).

Comments: Being so powerful, it needs a nerf. While increasing the defense drops isn't likely to stop people from complaining that is too powerful, but it would force said users to run a White Herb or they will become priority bait.

Superpower:

Modifications: Give it 85 Accuracy and take away the stat drops.

Comments: We already have Close Combat for recoil, why not make Superpower a physical Fighting-typed version of Fire Blast/ Hydro Pump/ etc...

Focus Blast:

Modifications: Reduce its Base Power to 115 and increase its Accuracy to 80.

Comments: Focus Blast is soooo inaccurate for my tastes. Hopefully, the small drop in power will balance out the Accuracy boost.

Roar of Time:

Modifications: Reduce its power to 130, Accuracy to 85 and remove the recharge turn recoil. Make it hit all adjacent pokemon in battle (this should put some good use in the creation trio's hidden abilities in Telepathy).

Comments: As much as I love Roar of Time for what it already was, it gets a lot of hate from the competitive playerbase for its horrible drawback of forcing Dialga to recharge on the next turn. This should fix it.

Thanks. I'ma modifying it right now. That should be the end of my signature Eevee moves.

Modified moves:

Techno Blast

Modification: Increase its power to 120 and reduce its accuracy to 80. Change its default type to Light. Alter what the drives do.
    • Burn Drive: Changes Techno Blast to the Fire Type and gives it a 20% burn chance when held.
    • Chill Drive: Changes Techno Blast to the Ice Type and gives it a 20% freeze chance when held.
    • Douse Drive: Changes Techno Blast to the Water Type and gives it a 20% confusion chance when held.
    • Shadow Drive (New): Changes Techno Blast to the Dark Type and gives it a 20% sleep chance when held. (for flavour).
    • Shock Drive: Changes Techno Blast to the Electric Type and gives it a 20% paralysis chance when held.
    • Venom Drive (New): Changes Techno Blast to the Poison Type and gives it a 20% badly poison chance when held (for flavour).

Comments: Techno Blast was hopeless on Genesect because it gets other moves that outclass it on all drives bar Douse Drive and LO Water Pulse outdamages Douse Drive Techno Blast. This will finally make it useful for once!

Shell Smash:

Modifications: Make it reduce Defense and Special Defense by 2 stages each and reduce PP to 5 (for flavour reasons).

Comments: Being so powerful, it needs a nerf. While increasing the defense drops isn't likely to stop people from complaining that is too powerful, but it would force said users to run a White Herb or they will become priority bait.

Superpower:

Comments: We already have Close Combat for recoil, why not make Superpower a physical Fighting-typed version of Fire Blast/ Hydro Pump/ etc...

Focus Blast:

Comments: Focus Blast is soooo inaccurate for my tastes. Hopefully, the small drop in power will balance out the Accuracy boost.
    Gotta agree with everything here, this would make those moves better/more balanced.

Modified moves:

Techno Blast

Just want to point out that nobody would ever use a Venom Drive due to Poison's notoriously horrible coverage. Maybe if it had a 30-40% Badly Poison chance, but only a 1/5 chance? Doesn't make it worth sacrificing that much coverage. Why not make a Grass or Fighting drive? Focus/Solar Drive maybe? I couldn't think of secondary effects, maybe stat drops...

Other than that, looks nice. 85 instead of 80, maybe.

Just because I can, new legendary trio:

---------------------------

Ranfilos

Bug/Ground

Famine Pokemon

Ability: (new) Shield of Death's Embrace

8ft, 640lbs.

Poked ex file:

A monstrous reptilian man with no visible eyes or tongue. It razed thousands of acres of farmlands long ago before being sealed away./The spirit of famine embodied. It wears heavy steel armor with no helmet and an upturned collar. It is surrounded by countless locusts, each said to contain the soul of someone who starved. It taunts its victims before they're death with its hideous misshapen face.

Stats:

Hp: 140
    Atk: 147
    Def: 105
    Sp.atk: 60
    Sp.def: 95
    Speed: 79

Notable moves: Attack Order, Earthquake, Superpower, Heal Order (maybe)..

That ability I mentioned:

This Pokemon is immune to non attacking moves and stealth rocks, plus takes 3/4 of usual damage until hit by fire, or uses attack order. The latter suppresses this ability until the next turn. Does not work in harsh sunlight.
    ----------------------------

Thintios

Poison

Plague Pokemon

Ability: Stench

4ft, 100lbs.

Poked ex file: A large rat who's face appears to always be melting. It likes to eat fecal waste as it exits the orafice./ Born of plague, it eats babies and pisses in people's coffe or hot chocolate.

Stats:

Hp: 96
    Atk: 101
    Def: 70
    Sp.atk: 96
    Sp.def: 70
    Speed: 143

Notable moves: super fang,

Power 90 acc 100 pp 10

------------------------

Deslorta

Fire/Flying

Ability: Prankster

Destruction Pokemon

3ft, 0lbs.

Poked ex file: Born of the desert wind. It loves a good joke./ It torments people until they are driven to drink. It loves some good tobaccy.

Stats:

Hp: 80
    Atk: 40
    Def: 60
    Sp.atk: 160
    Sp.def: 60
    Speed: 112

-------------
    Laughed pretty hard. Seriously, base stats are a bit broken, but other than that they're okay.

~Richard Dawkins

Modified moves:

Techno Blast

Shell Smash:

Superpower:

Focus Blast:

Roar of Time:
    Modifications: Reduce its power to 130, Accuracy to 85 and remove the recharge turn recoil. Make it hit all adjacent pokemon in battle (this should put some good use in the creation trio's hidden abilities in Telepathy).
    Comments: As much as I love Roar of Time for what it already was, it gets a lot of hate from the competitive playerbase for its horrible drawback of forcing Dialga to recharge on the next turn. This should fix it.
    Techno Blast - The badly poison chance instead of the regular poison chance seems a tad odd. It should be regular poison to match the other ones. However, the poison chance should not be increased just because Poison has horrible coverage.

Shell Smash and Superpower - Agreed wholeheartedly.

Focus Blast - When it comes to moves as powerful as Fire Blast and Focus Blast, 5 power is much too little to lose for 10 accuracy. 110 seems the bare maximum for something like that.

Roar of Time - I disagree with this only because, as you mentioned, Roar of Time is meant to be a Dragon-type equivalent to Hyper Beam.

Signature Ability: Shield of Death's Embrace

Power 90 acc 100 pp 10
    Shield - Too complex and corner-cased. The Fire-type move suppression is asking for too much (it makes a strategy a requirement, which is always bad for the game); the use of Attack Order suppression can be circumvented very easily if the player just doesn't have it learn Attack Order; and the third suppression method suffers the same fate as the first. What slightly redeems the suppression methods, though, is that sun is a bit easy to activate, but again, it basically requires the foe to be playing sun solely to deal with the ability, which is bad.

Infectious Bite - 90 power, 100 accuracy and a 30% to cause something is already really good. The 10-power increase from Scald justifies it being a signature move already. Because badly poison is already an upgrade to regular poison, it's just slightly too good in that it has two extra pushes in power to try and justify its rarity.

If Ho-Oh got Magic Guard...
    If Dialga got Download...
    If Rayquaza got Intimidate...
    If Darkrai got Unburden...

Then Ubers would become much more interesting.
    I HAVE QUIT COMPETITIVE POKEMON UNTIL X&Y

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Li
    You can try to frame it with negative words like “taking a game too seriously,” but passion is passion. If you don’t have something you strive to be excellent at, then you aren’t living at all. Everyone should have something that he or she takes “too seriously.”
        Spoiler:- In Memory of the Greatest Clans Ever to Grace Serebii:

Page 71 of 88 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast