Page 75 of 88 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    Item: Steady Bracelet.
    Description: With a steady target, the user's multi-hitting moves power up.
    Detailed competitive: Increases the power of multi-hitting moves by 30-50% but weakens the user's defense and sp. defense in return. So its like a choice band that will make you more vulnerable to priority.
    Inspiration: From Modern Military Snipers

Who currently benefits:
    Breloom, Cinccino, Cloyster, and possibly twin needle users.

New attack: Iron dusts
    How it acts: Like a 2-5 multi hitting steel type attack.
    How it's done: The user scatters sharp shrapnels of metal to the enemy
    Steady Bracelet seems okay, but IMO Iron Dusts needs a new name. Steel Shard? Shrapnel Shot? Scattershot? I dunno, I'm terrible at making names too.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Flame Sweep
    Physical
    Fire
    90BP
    95Acc

The user swings a flame coated tail at the target. 10% chance for Flinch or Burn

A nice Fire attack to give Pokemon with tails, but the inability to have fists.

Notable Pokemon to recieve it: Flareon, Haxorus

Since you guys want more details .. okay

New attack: Shrapnel shot (suggested by Retribution)
    How it acts: Like a 2-5 multi hitting steel type attack.
    How it's done: The user scatters sharp shrapnels of metal to the enemy
    Power: 25-30
    Accuracy: 95
    PP: 15

New Item: Sturdy Helmet
    Use: ups the power of head attacks.
    Detailed. Powers up moves like Iron head, Head Smash, Zen Headbutt, and Headbutt by 40-60%. Only attacks that involved by head butting others. nything where the name head is expressed.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Long time no post

New Attack
    Scatter Shot (Fire)
    PP: 15/Power: 50/Accuracy: 90/Category: Physical/Target: Single Adjacent Foe
    The user shoots out five blazing cannon balls at the foe, but lowers speed, defense, special defensive and accuracy.
    - It's a 250 BP move, breaks through sub, but has a penalty in lowering of lowering a lot of stats, which equal to switch.

Changed Attack
    Rock Smash: Does double the damage on rock types. (so 100BP against rocks before STAB)

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

A speed version of life orb or muscle band, called wing shoes/air shoes boost speed by 10%/30% at the cost of def or hp
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

No need to tack on a cost if it's like Muscle Band or Wise Glasses.

I'd also like defense variations of those items.

Also here's a thought.

What about new Natures?

Like a nature that boosts both Attack and Defense while lowering SpAttack and SpDefense? The boost and reduction to each stat would be half of what a singular nature boost is. (so if Adamant gives a 50% attack boost and 50% SpAttack drop, Confident would give a 25% Attack and Special Attack boost while a 25% Defense and SpDefense drop)

The natures that effect an offensive stat and speed would be useful, as well as one that boosts both attack stats for mixed sweepers.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    No need to tack on a cost if it's like Muscle Band or Wise Glasses.

I'd also like defense variations of those items.

Also here's a thought.

What about new Natures?

Like a nature that boosts both Attack and Defense while lowering SpAttack and SpDefense? The boost and reduction to each stat would be half of what a singular nature boost is. (so if Adamant gives a 50% attack boost and 50% SpAttack drop, Confident would give a 25% Attack and Special Attack boost while a 25% Defense and SpDefense drop)

The natures that effect an offensive stat and speed would be useful, as well as one that boosts both attack stats for mixed sweepers.
    Might be a bit over the top. Then we'd need nearly 100 different natures...

New Attack
    Scatter Shot (Fire)
    PP: 15/Power: 50/Accuracy: 90/Category: Physical/Target: Single Adjacent Foe
    The user shoots out five blazing cannon balls at the foe, but lowers speed, defense, special defensive and accuracy.
    - It's a 250 BP move, breaks through sub, but has a penalty in lowering of lowering a lot of stats, which equal to switch.
    Whoa. WHOA. So White Herb = two nearly guaranteed kills? I don't think so. ._.

Not to mention this + U-Turn/Volt Switch = Death. Lots and lots of death.

Actually, what if this move trapped the user, stopping it from switching out for a few turns? Then it wouldn't be so overpowered, because it'd be easy to revengekill.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

I'd rather make Scatter shot a 100 BP move that hits all targets while lowering Acc. since the Pokemon doesn't need it when firing shots randomly into the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    What moves are classified as "projectile" moves? Rock Blast, Icicle Spear, Bullet Seed, Barrage... Egg Bomb? Bonemerang?
    I guess it's fine, though, given that you can only use it once.
    I'll bring up the list of moves it affects in a spoiler tag:
        Spoiler:- Full list of moves that are classified as projectile moves.:

Oh what the heck, I'm including an ability that works with projectiles.

New ability:

Marksman:

Flavour text: "Projectile-based moves become stronger."

In-depth effect: Any projectile moves gain a 1.33x boost in power.

Notable users: Breloom, Lucario.

Edit: Notes: Because I made an item that activates when using projectile-based moves, I should make an ability that does that too. No Touhou reference this time!

I'm gonna jack your style orithan

New ability; Indecisive

Flavor Text; "This Pokemon has difficulty making choices and often panicks."

In depth effect; When using a choice item the user only gets 1.3x the boost, however it can use any attacking move it wants. Note: while holding a choice item, the user cannot use any non direct damaging moves.

Notable users: undecided as of now, mostly sweepers of course.

So I wasn't sure if dropping the boost of choice items to 1.4 instead of 1.3 would be broken, but this is kinda like a recoiless life orb or speed boost so it's kinda fun.

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Right lol, I'm changing Scatter Shot's side effect to sharply lowers speed and prevents the user from switching out.

Moar stuff

Nocturnal (Psychic)
    PP: 5/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status/Target: User's team
    Casts a thin veil to prevent sleep permanently.
    - It's an anti-sleep for the entire battle. Cya breloom.'
    - Distribution: Munna, Musharna, non-birds with Insomnia or Hyper... whatever.

Magic Crash (Fighting)
    PP: 5/Power: --/Accuracy: 100/Category: Status/Target: Foe
    The user cancels out the foe's magical boosters.
    - Cancels out: Nocturnal, Reflect, Light Screen, Safeguard, Lucky Chant. Come back Breloom!
    - Distribution: Gallade, Medicham, Meditite, some fighting mons, some psychic mons, and the four muskeeteers.

Items
    Soften Bento
    Takes 50% less damage from the first hit. Consumed upon being attacked.

Hero Bento
    Allows the user to ignore ability while attacking. Consumed upon attacking.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Flame Sweep
    Physical
    Fire
    90BP
    95Acc
    The user swings a flame coated tail at the target. 10% chance for Flinch or Burn
    A nice Fire attack to give Pokemon with tails, but the inability to have fists.
    Notable Pokemon to recieve it: Flareon, Haxorus
    Fine. This isn't really a big deal, but does the move perform a flinch check, then a burn check, or does it does a check that checks for both flinch and burn? In other words, can this move potentially flinch and burn at the same time?

New Item: Sturdy Helmet
    Use: ups the power of head attacks.
    Detailed. Powers up moves like Iron head, Head Smash, Zen Headbutt, and Headbutt by 40-60%. Only attacks that involved by head butting others. nything where the name head is expressed.
    Iron Fist increases the power of punch-based moves by around 30%. This could provide just a 30% boost, too.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Changed Attack
    Rock Smash: Does double the damage on rock types. (so 100BP against rocks before STAB)
    I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by willda View Post
    A speed version of life orb or muscle band, called wing shoes/air shoes boost speed by 10%/30% at the cost of def or hp
    If it's a counterpart for the Muscle Band, as somebody else has said, the penalty isn't required. Actually, counterparts that boost Defense and Sp. Def should be made, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    I'll bring up the list of moves it affects in a spoiler tag:
        Spoiler:- Full list of moves that are classified as projectile moves.:
    I don't know... I consider projectile-type attacks to only involve moves that explicitly involve projectiles. Namely, I don't think the following would be part of my list:
        Spoiler:

Oh what the heck, I'm including an ability that works with projectiles.
    New ability:
    Marksman:
    Flavour text: "Projectile-based moves become stronger."
    In-depth effect: Any projectile moves gain a 1.33x boost in power.
    Notable users: Breloom, Lucario.
    Edit: Notes: Because I made an item that activates when using projectile-based moves, I should make an ability that does that too. No Touhou reference this time!
    Why not? Surely, everything that has an ability variant should have an item variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    New ability; Indecisive
    Flavor Text; "This Pokemon has difficulty making choices and often panicks."
    In depth effect; When using a choice item the user only gets 1.3x the boost, however it can use any attacking move it wants. Note: while holding a choice item, the user cannot use any non direct damaging moves.
    Notable users: undecided as of now, mostly sweepers of course.

So I wasn't sure if dropping the boost of choice items to 1.4 instead of 1.3 would be broken, but this is kinda like a recoiless life orb or speed boost so it's kinda fun.
    I don't like how the ability only functions with specific items.
    The mechanic is a bit better, I guess, since the Pokémon uses any of its four moves on its own and doesn't allow the trainer to select for it.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Nocturnal (Psychic)
    PP: 5/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status/Target: User's team
    Casts a thin veil to prevent sleep permanently.
    - It's an anti-sleep for the entire battle. Cya breloom.'
    - Distribution: Munna, Musharna, non-birds with Insomnia or Hyper... whatever.

Magic Crash (Fighting)
    PP: 5/Power: --/Accuracy: 100/Category: Status/Target: Foe
    The user cancels out the foe's magical boosters.
    - Cancels out: Nocturnal, Reflect, Light Screen, Safeguard, Lucky Chant. Come back Breloom!
    - Distribution: Gallade, Medicham, Meditite, some fighting mons, some psychic mons, and the four muskeeteers.

Items
    Soften Bento
    Takes 50% less damage from the first hit. Consumed upon being attacked.

Hero Bento
    Allows the user to ignore ability while attacking. Consumed upon attacking.
    Nocturnal - Every field effect should have some sort of duration. This completely shuts down the strategies of some Pokémon, which is really bad.

Magic Crash - This is fine. It should notably also cancel Mist.

Softened Bento - I guess. It's especially good with Multiscale, which is probably the ability you designed this item to be used with in the first place.

Hero Bento - It's a one-turn Mold Breaker? Sure, I guess.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Flame Sweep would work similar to how Fire Fang does it.

New Ability: Fission
    Details: strengthens explosive moves
    Detailed competitive: Powers up moves with explosive projectile attacks (ala focus blast, fire blast, aura sphere, energy ball, shadow ball, flash cannon, etc) by 40%
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

New Ability: Transfer
    Effect: Causes the Target to transform into the Pokémon with transfer.
    Detailed: this causes the opponent to copy the Ability, Moves, Weight, Height, and Species Name. Dissapears once the battle ends, or the Pokémon affected is switched out.
    In Singles, the opponent is transformed into the one with Transfer. In doubles, the Pokémon adjacent to the one with Transfer is transfer. In Triples, once again, adjactent Pokémon. In Rotation, it funtions the same as Singles.
    Only one Pokémon on a party can be affected.

New Ability: Ski Boost
    The user takes no damage from Ice type moves, in addition, speed is raised by one stage.

This would give a counter to Icy Wind in doubles battles, PLUS an immunity from Sheer Cold (the only OHKO move to not have a counter so far).
    Under Construction

So you know how we had the move Soak, which could have been freaking amazing if it only had better distribution?

Name: Spiritualize
    Flavour: The user temporarily banishes the opponent's spirit from its body. The opponent takes on the Ghost type.
    Effect: The opponent's typing because monoGhost. The effect is reset upon switching out. All weaknesses, resistances, immunities, STAB, etc. change to match its new typing.
    PP: 5/8 (additionally, Soak's PP should be lowered to 5/8. 20/32 is too much for the effect it has.
    Accuracy: 100%
    Type: Ghost
    Distribution: Banette, Golurk, Dusknoir (NOT Dusclops, it needs to evolve to learn it), Shedinja (maybe), and then the only truly notable one, Gengar. This gives it a slightly better distribution than Soak, so I think it'll see some use. (Gengar, Sub+Pain Split+Spiritualise+Shadow Ball)

~Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    So you know how we had the move Soak, which could have been freaking amazing if it only had better distribution?

Flavour: The user temporarily banishes the opponent's spirit from its body. The opponent takes on the Ghost type.
    Effect: The opponent's typing because monoGhost. The effect is reset upon switching out. All weaknesses, resistances, immunities, STAB, etc. change to match its new typing.
    PP: 5/8 (additionally, Soak's PP should be lowered to 5/8. 20/32 is too much for the effect it has.
    Distribution: Banette, Golurk, Dusknoir (NOT Dusclops, it needs to evolve to learn it), Shedinja (maybe), and then the only truly notable one, Gengar. This gives it a slightly better distribution than Soak, so I think it'll see some use. (Gengar, Sub+Pain Split+Spiritualise+Shadow Ball)
    5/8? I think you're really overestimating the power of soak.

It could work for a few gimmicks, but it's really not that overly amazing.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

New Ability: Fission
    Details: strengthens explosive moves
    Detailed competitive: Powers up moves with explosive projectile attacks (ala focus blast, fire blast, aura sphere, energy ball, shadow ball, flash cannon, etc) by 40%
    I guess, but too many of these "enhance a certain class of moves" mechanics makes the game too focused on moves of these classes, which is bad and just potentially more confusing that it needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    New Ability: Transfer
    Effect: Causes the Target to transform into the Pokémon with transfer.
    Detailed: this causes the opponent to copy the Ability, Moves, Weight, Height, and Species Name. Dissapears once the battle ends, or the Pokémon affected is switched out.
    In Singles, the opponent is transformed into the one with Transfer. In doubles, the Pokémon adjacent to the one with Transfer is transfer. In Triples, once again, adjactent Pokémon. In Rotation, it funtions the same as Singles.
    Only one Pokémon on a party can be affected.
    I'm going to assume that Transfer doesn't make the affected Pokémon copy the ability. More on this later.

As it is, I don't particularly like the mechanic. Even having just one Pokémon with Transfer could make entire teams revolve around that Transfer. Similarly, the converse is true; if a player has even one slight suspicion of whether or not their opponent is running a Pokémon with Transfer, then the player will build a team revolving around that Transfer as well. I'm going to assume the worst here, but if there's no real way for a team to both handle Transfer exploit teams and non-Transfer exploit teams, team-making would then fall under guessing whether or not the opponent's team would exploit this mechanic rather than actually devising a legitimate strategy.

Transferring Transfer to a Pokémon doesn't work, at least not as you intend. Imagine A against B, A having Transfer. When the battle starts, A and B are sent out at the same time, then A's Transfer triggers, transferring A to B. B would then have Transfer, which transfers B to A.

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    New Ability: Ski Boost
    The user takes no damage from Ice type moves, in addition, speed is raised by one stage.

This would give a counter to Icy Wind in doubles battles, PLUS an immunity from Sheer Cold (the only OHKO move to not have a counter so far).
    Same as above; sure, but too many variants of the same general ability is a bit odd. If what is desired is to make one type less viable, a different method would be great, too.

The move itself is perfectly fine.

As for the PP question, if Soak doesn't really do anything in the first place, there's no reason why it can't have 5 PP, as not doing much 5 times is practically the same as not doing much 20 times.

On the other hand, if it doesn't really do anything, there's no reason why it can't have 20 PP, either. If only moves that have a very swingy effect or have a very huge impact on the game if successful have low PP, then it makes sense for a move that really doesn't contribute much to the metagame at all to have more PP than just 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    5/8? I think you're really overestimating the power of soak.

It could work for a few gimmicks, but it's really not that overly amazing.
    I think having perfect super-effective coverage in only two moves on everything in the game bar Arceus is pretty effective, but hey, if you guys think 20 PP is okay, then sure.

~Richard Dawkins

New Item: Status Ball

Text: Gives immunity to status effects but costs HP like a Life Orb.

New ability: Etherealness

This Pokemon gains the resistances/immunities and weaknesses of the ghost type.

Givin to those that it doesn't make sense to be hit by stuff, or need the ghost type but already have two types.

Or even just a possesed cultist type guy.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

I think having perfect super-effective coverage in only two moves on everything in the game bar Arceus is pretty effective, but hey, if you guys think 20 PP is okay, then sure.
    Yeah, except that you have set up for one of them on each individual pokemon.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post

Givin to those that it doesn't make sense to be hit by stuff, or need the ghost type but already have two types.

So would this be added on to their current typing then I take it? So one with two types already would just act as if it had 3 types?

GodDamnZilla

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    New Item: Status Ball

Text: Gives immunity to status effects but costs HP like a Life Orb.
    Design-wise, the effect could exist without the penalty, but adding the HP-sapping drawback doesn't seem just tacked on, either. I'd say it's a good item.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post

It's alright, I guess. I should mention that just because a Pokémon with this ability is already Ghost-type, it doesn't mean that it can't "gain" resistances, weaknesses, and immunities that it coincidentally already has.

Quote Originally Posted by John Wallrein View Post
    So would this be added on to their current typing then I take it? So one with two types already would just act as if it had 3 types?
    No, in the fact that the Pokémon with the ability only gains the weaknesses, resistances, and immunities of the type. It doesn't actually give the Pokémon the Ghost type, nor does it give it STAB for moves like Shadow Ball or Hex.

Page 75 of 88 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast