Page 79 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    However, Snares trap any pokemon coming in for only the turn after the turn it comes in on (2 if you count the turn when it comes in and it activates) as opposed to Mean Look trapping until either the target is KO'd or the user switches out. For example; if a Breloom switches into Snares on a predicted Ferrothorn switch in, hoping to get a free Swords Dance boost, and instead comes up against a Gliscor. Thanks to the Snares, Gliscor can safely OHKO Breloom with a powerful Acrobatics without the fear of it switching out.
    Another case; Blissey is sent in on the Snares to sponge the foe's Landorus-T Focus Blasts only to be greeted by the foe's Volcarona threatening to set up on the predicted Blissey switch. As Blissey is trapped by the snares for the first turn Volcarona manages to set up two Quiver Dance boosts, one on the turn Blissey is trapped in on and another one on the turn it switches out to Terrakion, and proceeds to sweep Blissey's team (Terrakion gets destroyed by a +2 Hidden Power Fighting).
    Alright, that's fine. I don't remember whether or not you said that in the first post that you mentioned Snares in, but if you did, I apologize for not reading carefully. (:

New Move:
    Pray (Power: N/A, Accuracy: N/A, PP: 5/8, Category: Status, Target: Own party, Priority: 0, Light (Normal if Light isn't available) type).
    Flavour text: "The user chants a ritualistic prayer. It restores some health of each member of the user's team other than itself."
    In-Depth effect: Restores 25% HP (or 12.5% if 25% is too much) of each pokemon on the user's team, except the user.
    Notable users: Same distribution as Wish.
    Comments: Inspired by Yuna's Pray ability from Final Fantasy X, this move aims to create a good healing move that affects the whole team rather than the user (or possibly one other pokemon in the case of Wish). Though we do have Armoatherapy and Heal Bell, which heals status.
    Yeah, I'd say 25% for each party member is a bit too much, and that 12.5% would be good.

Either that, or maybe a Wish-like delayed effect that depends on more than just one more turn passing so that it can "complete its prayer", so to speak. Not only would the user of Pray have to survive the extra turn, it would have to be on the battlefield by the end of the second turn or else the Pray would fail. In that case, I'd say 25% is more than enough. After all, if Wish has a one-turn delay, so should its party-affecting counterpart. (:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

How broken/viable would Quiver Dance on Yanmega and Rock Polish on Magneton/Magnezone be? Yanmega could finally patch up it's pathetic sp defense and use Quiver Dance with Tinted Lens while Rock Polish on the magnets would allow them to outspeed some more.

Today I found out Whimisscott could learn Hurricane yet it's a grass type..I'm not saying that's bad or nothing like that! I'm just wondering how is it possible? I never ran into a pokemon with flying moves besides Tropius it's another story

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Either that, or maybe a Wish-like delayed effect that depends on more than just one more turn passing so that it can "complete its prayer", so to speak. Not only would the user of Pray have to survive the extra turn, it would have to be on the battlefield by the end of the second turn or else the Pray would fail. In that case, I'd say 25% is more than enough. After all, if Wish has a one-turn delay, so should its party-affecting counterpart. (:
    Sounds good.

Laghenis, the Hare pokemon.

Pokedex numbers: #003 Orion, #652(?) National.

Size:
    Height: ~25cm (10 in)
    Length: ~43cm (1ft, 5in)
    Weight: ~25kg

Flavour text: "Foraging in large packs for herbs and berries, it helps forest ecosystems by clearing noxious weeds that would otherwise overrun the forests. It is the symbol of forest productivity."

Type: Grass/Light.

Abilities: Overgrow/ Restorer (Hidden ability)

Notable moves: Giga Drain, Synthesis, Flash Cannon, Signal Beam*, Weather Ball*, Super Fang*, Nature Power, Grasswhistle, Earth Power, Leech Seed, Growth, Aromatherapy, Refresh.
    *Detnotes Egg move.

Base Stats:
    • HP: 92
    • Attack: 69
    • Defense: 93
    • Special Attack: 90
    • Special Defense: 100
    • Speed: 86

Comments: This guy would be a very annoying Pokemon to fight in the sun, thanks to it's hidden ability which allows its Synthesis to heal it nearly completely, and it has decent offensive abilities. Think Chlorophyll Venusaur, just without the +2 speed. It's typing is just the icing on the cake, as Light complements Grass as a defense type well. Maybe it could be the sun equivalent of Jellicent?

New Ability:

Restorer.

Flavour text: "The pokemon heals more than normal"

In-depth effect: Any form of healing restores 25% more HP on the user than normal.

Notable users: Laghenis, Jellicent, Amoongus, Meganium.
    Current IV hunt:
    - Perfect IV w/ Anticipation. Current progress: 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Anticipation.

Previous hunts:
    - 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Huge Power and Adamant Nature.

Laghenis, the Hare pokemon.

Pokedex numbers: #003 Orion, #652(?) National.

Size:
    Height: ~25cm (10 in)
    Length: ~43cm (1ft, 5in)
    Weight: ~25kg

Flavour text: "Foraging in large packs for herbs and berries, it helps forest ecosystems by clearing noxious weeds that would otherwise overrun the forests. It is the symbol of forest productivity."

Type: Grass/Light.

Abilities: Overgrow/ Restorer (Hidden ability)

Notable moves: Giga Drain, Synthesis, Flash Cannon, Signal Beam*, Weather Ball*, Super Fang*, Nature Power, Grasswhistle, Earth Power, Leech Seed, Growth, Aromatherapy, Refresh.
    *Detnotes Egg move.

Base Stats:
    • HP: 92
    • Attack: 69
    • Defense: 93
    • Special Attack: 90
    • Special Defense: 100
    • Speed: 86

Comments: This guy would be a very annoying Pokemon to fight in the sun, thanks to it's hidden ability which allows its Synthesis to heal it nearly completely, and it has decent offensive abilities. Think Chlorophyll Venusaur, just without the +2 speed. It's typing is just the icing on the cake, as Light complements Grass as a defense type well. Maybe it could be the sun equivalent of Jellicent?
    Seems pretty good. Seems pretty devastating in the sun with Restorer and Synthesis, as you mention. Instant OU, I would imagine. I don't know about your Light type, but I don't think the lack of coverage that Grass has would affect it much, as it both has its other moves to back it up and is primarily defensive in the first place.

New Ability: Restorer
    Flavour text: "The pokemon heals more than normal"
    In-depth effect: Any form of healing restores 25% more HP on the user than normal.
    Notable users: Laghenis, Jellicent, Amoongus, Meganium.
    It's important to mention that restoring 25% more HP and restoring x1.25 HP are different things, although because you mention Restorer in the starter bio above, you clearly mean what you type. It seems very good, especially for Pokémon with Recover... I'm looking at you, Jellicent.

I might as well mention this, but if for some reason this ability were in the game but was actually glitched in that it allowed all forms of HP healing for all Pokémon to be increased by 25%, it would not affect Pokémon with Regenerator. This is because Regenerator triggers when the Pokémon switches out, and the HP is only restored when the Pokémon is already back in its Poké Ball, and since it's no longer on the field, it wouldn't be affected by the glitched Restorer. But this is for another mechanic... right? (:

Seems pretty good. Seems pretty devastating in the sun with Restorer and Synthesis, as you mention. Instant OU, I would imagine. I don't know about your Light type, but I don't think the lack of coverage that Grass has would affect it much, as it both has its other moves to back it up and is primarily defensive in the first place.
    Light type matchups (to quote myself):
    Light vs. Type:
    • Normal: Neutral.
    • Fire: Neutral.
    • Water: Resisted.
    • Grass: Resisted.
    • Electric: Neutral.
    • Ice: Resisted.
    • Fighting: Neutral.
    • Poison: Neutral.
    • Flying: Neutral.
    • Ground: Neutral.
    • Psychic: Neutral.
    • Bug: Super Effective.
    • Rock: Resisted.
    • Ghost: Super Effective.
    • Dragon: Neutral.
    • Dark: Super Effective.
    • Steel: Immunity.
    • Itself: Resisted.

Type vs. Light.
    • Normal: Neutral.
    • Fire: Resisted.
    • Water: Neutral.
    • Grass: Super Effective.
    • Electric: Neutral.
    • Ice: Neutral.
    • Fighting: Resisted.
    • Poison: Neutral.
    • Flying: Neutral.
    • Ground: Neutral.
    • Psychic: Resisted.
    • Bug: Neutral.
    • Rock: Neutral.
    • Ghost: Resisted.
    • Dragon: Neutral.
    • Dark: Super effective.
    • Steel: Super effective.
    • Itself: Resisted.
    I would assume so. While much slower in the sun than Venusar (no +2 from Chlorophyll), it can function as a very potent stall-and-sweep pokemon with Synthesis and Growth in a similar fashion to Manaphy, but then it lacks coverage because it can only use two moves - A STAB (most likely Light, for better coverage) and one coverage move (Most likely Earth Power alongside the Light STAB), which will leave it walled by a variety of pokemon (in this case, Skarmory and Air Balloon Heatran are the most notable ones as they are both immune to Light and Ground. Others include Ferrothorn and Bronzong).

It's important to mention that restoring 25% more HP and restoring x1.25 HP are different things, although because you mention Restorer in the starter bio above, you clearly mean what you type. It seems very good, especially for Pokémon with Recover... I'm looking at you, Jellicent.
    Okay, I meant 1.25x HP restoration (as in, if Recover restores 202 HP without the ability, then it would recover 253 HP instead with this ability. Similar with Leftovers, which if it normally restores 20 HP per turn, then it would restore 25 HP with this ability.) In the case of Synthesis in the sun, then it would restore 93.75% HP with this ability.

I might as well mention this, but if for some reason this ability were in the game but was actually glitched in that it allowed all forms of HP healing for all Pokémon to be increased by 25%, it would not affect Pokémon with Regenerator. This is because Regenerator triggers when the Pokémon switches out, and the HP is only restored when the Pokémon is already back in its Poké Ball, and since it's no longer on the field, it wouldn't be affected by the glitched Restorer. But this is for another mechanic... right? (:
    This ability only affects the user. If a pokemon with this ability were to use Wish and it switches out, then the receiving pokemon would only be healed by the normal 50% of the user's max. HP.
    Current IV hunt:
    - Perfect IV w/ Anticipation. Current progress: 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Anticipation.

Previous hunts:

-Give Galvantula more base special attack. It cant completely take advantage of its good speed when its has 97 special attack I noticed. It moves first quite a bit but it doesnt hit hard enough to be to big of a threat a lot of the time.

-Give Flareon a better movepool. Possibly more base speed to? I bet this has been went over already but yeah. It has a HUGE base attack stat and no way to use it when its movepool does not support its stats at all. Also since it lacks speed and defense it is hard for it to become a offensive threat. In fact I think its most used/viable sets is something like Umbreon would have with Toxic and Wish and Heal Bell which clearly is not a set that supports Flareons stats very well.

-Speaking of a lack of physical Fire moves I hope with 6th gen a new one is introduced. One that does not give recoil damage aha. Same with Electric. Wild Charge and Flare Blitz are good but I hope one with out recoil will appear soon. then Pokemons like Electivire and Arcainine will probably become even more useful.

I doubt any of this will ever happen since GF does not really tend to take in to account the competitive side of Pokemon when deciding these things aha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jknombricks View Post
    Cloud Nine is a cool ability - too bad only golduck, altaria, and lickilicky get it.
    ^ This
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Retreat Gem

Flavor text: A one use item. The pokemon returns to it's pokeball at the end of the first turn of battle it participates in.

Mechanics: At the end of the first turn a pokemon holding this item participates in, it switches out automatically. After sending in a new pokemon, battle would resume the way it would if you sent in a pokemon after the last one fainted.

Though it may seem lacklustre at first, the Retreat Gem would actually have a lot of applications. You could use powerful move like Roar of Time that requires charging on the next turn, or use outrage without experiencing the move's ill effects.

You could use it on a Hazard laying pokemon to switch out safely after laying hazards, and then send in a pokemon that would threaten the opponent's pokemon and force it to switch.

Or if your a fan of gimmicks, you could use it on a pokemon with Traunt like Slaking or Durant, though in Durant's case it would be able to use entrainment and switch out, sending in a trapper.

There's actually quite a lot of uses, if you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    Retreat Gem

Flavor text: A one use item. The pokemon returns to it's pokeball at the end of the first turn of battle it participates in.

Mechanics: At the end of the first turn a pokemon holding this item participates in, it switches out automatically. After sending in a new pokemon, battle would resume the way it would if you sent in a pokemon after the last one fainted.

Though it may seem lacklustre at first, the Retreat Gem would actually have a lot of applications. You could use powerful move like Roar of Time that requires charging on the next turn, or use outrage without experiencing the move's ill effects.

You could use it on a Hazard laying pokemon to switch out safely after laying hazards, and then send in a pokemon that would threaten the opponent's pokemon and force it to switch.

Or if your a fan of gimmicks, you could use it on a pokemon with Traunt like Slaking or Durant, though in Durant's case it would be able to use entrainment and switch out, sending in a trapper.

I like it. You could use something like V-Create or Roar of Time, then switch out. Cool idea.

Anyways, I haven't posted something in a while, so I'm going to introduce a new Fakemon idea.

Spoiler:- Infeline & Frospus:

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    I like it. You could use something like V-Create or Roar of Time, then switch out. Cool idea.

Anyways, I haven't posted something in a while, so I'm going to introduce a new Fakemon idea.

Spoiler:- Infeline & Frospus:
    Why does the wolf have a high special attack, and the cat physical attack?

Vicious seems...... Well....... Bad. Notice all Pokemon who receive justified resist dark, while your ability assumes you can survive a se attack, which, most of the time, you can't.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Why does the wolf have a high special attack, and the cat physical attack?
    You seem to be forgetting that, IRL, feral cats can grow to ridiculous sizes and can be quite bulky, leading to high physical 'stats'. But it may be a Puma that has been tamed early on in civilization. Also, not every dog/ wolf has to be physically-orientated. If that was the case, then the pretty much all mammal-(and especially Canid-)based pokemon would have to be physically oriented (Yes, this includes stuff like Ninetales and any Eevee evolution in existence). Tl;dr - It is not really fair to judge what pokemon should be based on stereotypes 100% of the time.
    It is also very possible that the 'cat' may be actually be a dog and he gave it a cat-related name by mistake, as OL referred to it as a dog several times in the description.

Vicious seems...... Well....... Bad. Notice all Pokemon who receive justified resist dark, while your ability assumes you can survive a se attack, which, most of the time, you can't.
    I don't think that it is fair to go around calling an ability 'bad' when the only thing bad about it is the distribution. It in in my personal opinion that abilities should be judged based on their effect and not by the pokemon that get them.
    However; it is true that Justified doesn't nullify damage, which OL seems to have neglected. I, personally, would have Justified and Vicious provide immunities to Dark and Fighting respectively on top of their original effects to keep them in line with abilities like Storm Drain and Lightningrod.
    Current IV hunt:

Previous hunts:

New Move: Bombashard

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 10 / Target: All / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user lays a trap of exploding shards around the opponent's team. The trap faints opponents that switch into battle."

-So basically it's like stealth rocks except it faints any Pokemon that comes into battle. Ghost Types are unaffected.

Distribution: Almost all Pokemon that can learn Stealth Rocks

New Move: Crackle

Type: / Power: 130 / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 10 / Target: One / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user brings fourth frozen ice to instantly freeze the target solid "

-Basically A much better Blizzard and it will always freeze if it hits.

Distribution: All pokemon that can learn Ice Beam or Blizzard.

New Move: Dragon Blast

Type: / Power: 350 / Accuracy: 95% / PP: 5 / Target: One / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user Blast an enormous dragonic force at the target"

-A much better Dragon Claw

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Retreat Gem

For the item to not be broken, it would have to be used up upon switching out. Otherwise, a Dialga would keep switching in and out and keep using Roar of Time (or some other, more practical and applicable example) and it would be extremely broken.

I'm confused about how this interacts with mechanics like Recycle and Trick. At the end of the turn in which the Retreat Gem is Tricked or Recycled onto the Pokémon that's holding it, does the user switch? If so, it'd be a pretty good way to get rid of pesky foes such as Blissey if your special wall has no way of dealing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Is Drizzle automatically better than Drought because Politoed itself is more viable than Ninetales, or vice-versa? Just because a Pokémon has an ability that it has a really bad time utilizing, it doesn't mean that the ability is bad. It merely mean that the Pokémon-ability combination is bad, which is an entirely different thing.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    New Move: Bombashard
    Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 10 / Target: All / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user lays a trap of exploding shards around the opponent's team. The trap faints opponents that switch into battle."

-So basically it's like stealth rocks except it faints any Pokemon that comes into battle. Ghost Types are unaffected.

Distribution: Almost all Pokemon that can learn Stealth Rocks

New Move: Crackle

Type: / Power: 130 / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 10 / Target: One / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user brings fourth frozen ice to instantly freeze the target solid "

-Basically A much better Blizzard and it will always freeze if it hits.

Distribution: All pokemon that can learn Ice Beam or Blizzard.

New Move: Dragon Blast

Type: / Power: 350 / Accuracy: 95% / PP: 5 / Target: One / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user Blast an enormous dragonic force at the target"

-A much better Dragon Claw
    Bombashard - Absolutely too powerful. If Stealth Rock's 50% HP depletion is already considered extremely good, then making the Pokémon faint instead of taking 50% HP damage is pretty much strictly better. I get that this may be a reaction to the overviability of Fighting-type Pokémon in the current metagame, but this is not the way to do it.

Crackle - Again, much too good. DynamicPunch, Inferno, and Zap Cannon have a 50% chance to cause confusion, burn, and paralysis respectively, and those three are status ailments that still allow the affected Pokémon to function in battle. This has a 100% of causing freeze, which renders the affected Pokémon absolutely harmless. At the very most, it should have an increase in freeze chance if it gets a critical hit or something.

Dragon Blast - 350 power with no super-significant drawback? Explosion causes the user to faint and it only has 5/7 the amount of this move. I actually think that 350 power is so much that there's no way to balance the power out feasibly without stacking loads of drawbacks on the move.

For the item to not be broken, it would have to be used up upon switching out. Otherwise, a Dialga would keep switching in and out and keep using Roar of Time (or some other, more practical and applicable example) and it would be extremely broken.

I'm confused about how this interacts with mechanics like Recycle and Trick. At the end of the turn in which the Retreat Gem is Tricked or Recycled onto the Pokémon that's holding it, does the user switch? If so, it'd be a pretty good way to get rid of pesky foes such as Blissey if your special wall has no way of dealing with it.
    I did say it was a one-use item, like the elemental gems. As for Trick and Recycle, I guess it could work that way . I never thought of them, but using Recycle would be pretty redundant, since you would just recycle the item and switch out after the turn ends. I'm actually hoping an item like this would come out for Gen 6.

Bombashard - Absolutely too powerful. If Stealth Rock's 50% HP depletion is already considered extremely good, then making the Pokémon faint instead of taking 50% HP damage is pretty much strictly better. I get that this may be a reaction to the overviability of Fighting-type Pokémon in the current metagame, but this is not the way to do it.

Crackle - Again, much too good. DynamicPunch, Inferno, and Zap Cannon have a 50% chance to cause confusion, burn, and paralysis respectively, and those three are status ailments that still allow the affected Pokémon to function in battle. This has a 100% of causing freeze, which renders the affected Pokémon absolutely harmless. At the very most, it should have an increase in freeze chance if it gets a critical hit or something.

Dragon Blast - 350 power with no super-significant drawback? Explosion causes the user to faint and it only has 5/7 the amount of this move. I actually think that 350 power is so much that there's no way to balance the power out feasibly without stacking loads of drawbacks on the move.
    LOL... APRIL FOOLS!!!! :P

I know it's kinda late but this is my April fools on this thread. I purposely made those move overpowered. Yeah I know-lame! but I wanted to do it anyway.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

I did say it was a one-use item, like the elemental gems. As for Trick and Recycle, I guess it could work that way . I never thought of them, but using Recycle would be pretty redundant, since you would just recycle the item and switch out after the turn ends. I'm actually hoping an item like this would come out for Gen 6.
    Probably didn't read the entirety of your post clearly enough. I apologize. ):

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    LOL... APRIL FOOLS!!!! :P

I know it's kinda late but this is my April fools on this thread. I purposely made those move overpowered. Yeah I know-lame! but I wanted to do it anyway.
    Darn... it doesn't help that the times shown on this forum are set up in a way so that I wouldn't have suspected it. Now I'm just scratching my head!

Don't know if posted yet (I'm too lazy to see 99 pages, sorry)
    Flygon:
    *Add +20 to SpAtk it has a good special movepool [p.e. Draco Meteor / Fire Blast / Earth Power / Filler).
    * Give it Dragon Dance, Flygon need a way to boost it speed, after a DD our red glasses dragon gets 492 enough to speed everything not called Ninjask, Deoxys-S and some scarf users, and a 307 atk is not a joke either.

Pokemon Showdown Nick: Xx_Tyki_xX

3Ds Code: 5171-9832-9728
    Friend Safari Fire.

Visist The Black Sheep Ark, I will always do my best.

New ability:

Border of Life:

Flavour text: "The user disregards it's Ghost type when taking attacks."

In-Depth effect: The user ignores it's Ghost typing when it takes attacks. In the case of monotype ghosts (Banette), it takes attacks as if it was a mono Normal-typed pokemon. The user still receives STAB from Ghost type attacks.

Distribution: Banette, Golurk line, [Normal-Ghost pokemon that I will be introducing later], [Ghost-Bug pokemon line that I will be introducing later].

Comments: Touhou refrence, again. I blame Perfect Cherry Blossom and Yuyuko for this one.
    Current IV hunt:

Previous hunts:

New ability:

Border of Life:

In-Depth effect: The user ignores it's Ghost typing when it takes attacks. In the case of monotype ghosts (Banette), it takes attacks as if it was a mono Normal-typed pokemon. The user still receives STAB from Ghost type attacks.

Distribution: Banette, Golurk line, [Normal-Ghost pokemon that I will be introducing later], [Ghost-Bug pokemon line that I will be introducing later].

Comments: Touhou refrence, again. I blame Perfect Cherry Blossom and Yuyuko for this one.
    Nice. So, you wouldn't know if Banette was using this ability or its normal one, allowing you to play mind games on your opponent if he/she was using a ghost type. It's still kind of gimmicky though. I didn't really get it at first, so you might want to add an explanation.

Anyway, would fighting type moves be super effective on a Banette having this ability?

Nice. So, you wouldn't know if Banette was using this ability or its normal one, allowing you to play mind games on your opponent if he/she was using a ghost type. It's still kind of gimmicky though. I didn't really get it at first, so you might want to add an explanation.
    Yes. That thing with the ability could waltz right in on a Shadow Ball and take no damage. For the other users, having a Ghost STAB without having to worry about the weaknesses associated with Ghost (Ghost, Dark, Light) would be nice (though losing the precious resistances and immunities is a bit of a setback, especially for Banette and that Normal/Ghost that I plan to introduce). This would allow people who run Mono-Ghost teams to effectively also run other mono-typed pokemon within it because the rules are defined by type, not ability (that's unless this ability gets banned from Monotypes for it's effect).

Anyway, would fighting type moves be super effective on a Banette having this ability?
    Yes they would. Mold Breaker (and Teravolt/ Turboblaze) would also negate the loss of Ghost's weaknesses (and immunities/resists, so Fighting moves will no longer work).

Example battle (showing Mold Breaker working against the ability):

~Turn 1~
    Trainer A sent out Banette! It has the Border of Life ability, making it behave like a Normal type. Trainer B doesn't know this.
    Trainer B sent out Mismagius!

~Turn 2~
    Mismagius used Shadow Ball! It has no effect due to Banette's ability.
    Banette uses Shadow Claw on Mismagius! It was super effective! Mismagius fainted!
    Trainer B sends out Golurk!

~Turn 3~
    Banette used Shadow Claw on Golurk! It was super effective!
    Golurk used Drain Punch on Banette! It was super effective! Golurk restored some health (though not enough to survive another Shadow Claw). For some reason, this failed to OHKO Banette.

~Turn 4~
    Trainer B withdrew Golurk!
    Trainer B sent out Rampardos!
    Banette used Grudge! It now wants Trainer B to hold a grudge.

~Turn 5~
    Banette used Destiny Bond!
    Rampardos used Pursuit! It was super effective (Mold Breaker negated Banette's ability)! Banette fainted. Rampardos also faints due to Destiny Bond.
    Current IV hunt:

Previous hunts:

New ability:
    Border of Life:
    Seems pretty good. As for whether or not it would be banned in a mono-Ghost team, I don't see why it would. This would be a totally legitimate strategy to use against other teams much like how Magic Bounce is legitimate on Espeon.

New ability:

Border of Life:

I like this ability, but isn't Border of Life a bit too wordy? Lol.

Now on my parts

Ability
    Clear Touch
    Flavour Text: May remove all stat changes if physical contact was made.
    In-Depth: When a foe makes contact with the user in an attack, there is a 30% chance hit that their stat changes might be removed. Each hit in a multi-hitting move counts as a hit by themselves.
    Distribution: Most Clear Body Pokemon. Solsi line, Mime Jr. line, Jigglypuff line and Drifloon line.
    Comments: Cursed Body rehash? I think so.
        Spoiler:- example of Clear Touch:

Arsonist
    Flavour Text: All fire type moves has a chance to trap the foe.
    In-depth: When using a fire move, there is a 60% chance that it will restrict the foe from switching. However, switching moves such as Volt Switch, U-Turn and Baton Pass are still allowed.
    Distribution: Heatmor, Heatran, Most Pokemon that can learn Fire Spin
    Comment: A rather unique ability. It allows a fire type to work as a good trapper without relying on the crappy power Fire Spin and the Heatran-only Magma Storm. Win-win!

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

- Bronzong with Recover
    - Heatran with Recover
    - Registeel with Recover

3 pokemon that would be better with instant recovery.
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Clear Touch
    Flavour Text: May remove all stat changes if physical contact was made.
    In-Depth: When a foe makes contact with the user in an attack, there is a 30% chance hit that their stat changes might be removed. Each hit in a multi-hitting move counts as a hit by themselves.
    Distribution: Most Clear Body Pokemon. Solsi line, Mime Jr. line, Jigglypuff line and Drifloon line.
    Comments: Cursed Body rehash? I think so.
    [spoiler=example of Clear Touch]
    Turn 1: Trainer A sends out Scyther, Trainer B sends out Solsi.
    Turn 1: Scyther uses Swords Dance, Solsi uses Calm Mind.
    Turn 2: Scyther uses Quick Attack, Solsi's Clear Touch is activated, Scyther's stats change were cleared! Solsi uses Calm Mind.
    Turn 3: Scyther is switched out. Miccino comes in. Solsi uses Calm Mind.
    Turn 4: Miccino uses Work Up. Solsi uses Calm Mind
    Turn 5: Miccino uses Rock Blast. Hit 1! Hit 2! Hit 3! Solsi's Clear Touch is activated. Miccino's stats change were cleared. Hit 4! Solsi uses Recover.
    Fine. I especially like it since it keeps with the 30% theme that Flame Body, Cursed Body, and Static have.

Arsonist
    Flavour Text: All fire type moves has a chance to trap the foe.
    In-depth: When using a fire move, there is a 60% chance that it will restrict the foe from switching. However, switching moves such as Volt Switch, U-Turn and Baton Pass are still allowed.
    Distribution: Heatmor, Heatran, Most Pokemon that can learn Fire Spin
    Comment: A rather unique ability. It allows a fire type to work as a good trapper without relying on the crappy power Fire Spin and the Heatran-only Magma Storm. Win-win!
    It should probably be 30%. In the scope of the competitive scene, there seems to be a lot of bias toward trapping foes in. But in reality, this is going to activate most of the time, which is extremely aggravating for people playing against the ability because they won't be able to revenge kill, Wish transfer, or what have you. And since this ability would probably be extremely good with its 60% activation rate, everybody would be using it, which would make Fire as unhealthily prevalent as Fighting was this metagame.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    - Bronzong with Recover
    - Heatran with Recover
    - Registeel with Recover

3 pokemon that would be better with instant recovery.
    I think pretty much most Pokemons would be better with Recover
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Page 79 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980818283 ... LastLast