Page 83 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    Pixie Dust
    "When held, it boosts the power of Fairy type attacks"
    Basically a Fairy-type silk scarf, same rules apply like the 20% power boost
    I can't really say anything about this, since it's probably going to be in the game anyway (maybe under a different name, but whatever).

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Think we'll get a Fairy MAGIC-typed Plate too? Mystic Plate? It'll be interesting to see. Arceus-FairyMAGIC might be a top-quality sweeper due to the current lack of Steel moves in Ubers, except Scizor's Bullet Punch (and Poison-moves are virtually non-existant). Of course the metagame could (and probably will) dramatically change with the introduction of the 6th Generation.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

New Move: Refraction

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: 85% / PP: 10 / Target: All adjacent foes/allies / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user reflects more damage to the foe depending on how much damage tooken "

-So basically the base power of this move is determined double the base power of the move the user was last hit with. So if the last move you were hit with was a base 60 Silver Wind. Refraction now becomes base 120 Fairy-type move and stays that way until the user is hit with another move with a different base power. If Xerneas is a indeed a Fairy-type than this would be it's signature move.

New Move: Starlight

Type: / Power: 70 / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 15 / Target: All adjacent foes / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user releases an array of starry lights. It may lower the targets accuracy "

- It has a 10% chance of lowering the targets accuracy

New ability

Tenacious
    "Raises Attack each time a move misses"

-So every time the one with this ability misses a move it's attack gets raised one stage.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Wee first post here:

Bodyguard (ability)
    "The user goes into battle with a Substitute already there, but it's HP is automatically cut to 75% and it moves last for the first 3 turns of battle."

It's usable, and the drawbacks don't make it too overpowered.

Dark Hole (move)
    Fairy / Status / Priority +1 / PP-5
    "The user releases cosmic energy from it's very soul, KOing itself and one of the oponent's actie Pokemon."

If it's a double or triple battle, the opposing pokemon will be randomly selected. It could be very OP, but then again, there are a lot of worse moves out there than this.

Cosmic Comet (move)
    Fairy / Special / Priority +0 / PP- 5 / Power: 140 / Acc: 90
    "The user cloaks itself in cosmic power and releases a comet down upon the target, and it's Special Attack is raised by one stage, but it takes 75% recoil damage."

Basically a Fairy Draco Meteor or Fire Blast but with a raised Special Atttack after usage and a huge cost, that might just be worth it.

~Credits to myself~

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    New Move: Refraction
    Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: 85% / PP: 10 / Target: All adjacent foes/allies / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user reflects more damage to the foe depending on how much damage tooken "
    -So basically the base power of this move is determined double the base power of the move the user was last hit with. So if the last move you were hit with was a base 60 Silver Wind. Refraction now becomes base 120 Fairy-type move and stays that way until the user is hit with another move with a different base power. If Xerneas is a indeed a Fairy-type than this would be it's signature move.

New Move: Starlight
    Type: / Power: 70 / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 15 / Target: All adjacent foes / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user releases an array of starry lights. It may lower the targets accuracy "
    - It has a 10% chance of lowering the targets accuracy

New ability
    Tenacious
    "Raises Attack each time a move misses"
    -So every time the one with this ability misses a move it's attack gets raised one stage.
    Refraction -
    Way, way too good. This is virtually guaranteed to be a 120+ base power move with no relevant restriction. It could also be the same priority as Counter to avoid confusion.

Starlight -
    This move's alright, though. It's a standard Heat Wave-like attack that may lower Accuracy. Nothing too big.

Tenacious -
    Sure. It's worth mentioning that it doesn't trigger off of Normal- and Fighting-type moves hitting Ghost-type Pokémon, Psychic hitting Dark, Dragon hitting Fairy, Ground hitting Flying, and Electric hitting Ground, though, because those technically don't miss.
    Evidence for this is Hi Jump Kick. Note that Hi Jump Kick against a Ghost-type Pokémon doesn't count as a miss, although the user will still take crash damage. Bulbapedia states this as "counting as a miss", not "a miss", though I didn't justify my point with Bulbapedia's statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Skamory7 View Post
    Bodyguard (ability)
    "The user goes into battle with a Substitute already there, but it's HP is automatically cut to 75% and it moves last for the first 3 turns of battle."
    It's usable, and the drawbacks don't make it too overpowered.

Dark Hole (move)
    Fairy / Status / Priority +1 / PP-5
    "The user releases cosmic energy from it's very soul, KOing itself and one of the oponent's actie Pokemon."
    If it's a double or triple battle, the opposing pokemon will be randomly selected. It could be very OP, but then again, there are a lot of worse moves out there than this.

Cosmic Comet (move)
    Fairy / Special / Priority +0 / PP- 5 / Power: 140 / Acc: 90
    "The user cloaks itself in cosmic power and releases a comet down upon the target, and it's Special Attack is raised by one stage, but it takes 75% recoil damage."
    Basically a Fairy Draco Meteor or Fire Blast but with a raised Special Atttack after usage and a huge cost, that might just be worth it.
    Bodyguard -
    I'd rather have it be a Doubles or Triples trick where if a Pokémon adjacent to the Pokémon with Bodyguard would be hit with a move that only targets it, the Pokémon with Bodyguard is hit instead. The fact that the ability needs so many drawbacks makes the ability not that well designed, I'm afraid.

Dark Hole -
    So you have five Pokémon with Dark Hole on your team, and your team manages to kill off the first Pokémon. I guess it's an instant win.
    I'm completely serious when I say that this would be abused the moment people realize just how good and powerful this move is.

Cosmic Comet -
    A 50% recoil is already bog standard for moves like Head Smash, so increasing the recoil slightly while raising Sp. Atk is alright, I suppose.

Overall, pretty good moves you designed for your first time posting here. Just be wary of benefit-drawback ratios and try not to make your mechanics too overpowered. :P

Today I was thinking. If Landorus had Work Up. It could be very fun. That is all
        Spoiler:- Credits:

A few moves

Reverse (Psychic)
    PP: 10/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status/Target: Single Adjacent Foe/Priority: +5
    "The user forces a psychic aura around the foe that reverses stat changes for one turn. Will fail if used twice in a row."
    - Cannot be used twice in a row. Blocked by Substitute. Reverses stats change, but does not include attack-side abilities (eg. Draco Meteor's -2 boost will not turn to a +2, and Charge Beam's +1 sp.atk will retain and not turn into -1 Sp.Atk)
    - Example:
    Alakazam vs Scizor
    Turn 1: Alakazam uses Reverse! Scizor uses Swords Dance, Scizor's Attack sharply fell.
    Turn 2: Alakazam uses Reverse! But it failed! Scizor uses Swords Dance, Scizor's Attack sharply rose.
    Turn 3; Alakazam uses Hidden Power! Scizor fainted.

Turn 3 is just for fun.

Distribution: Psychics and a Prankster Fairy type

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    A few moves
    "Few" means more than one. :P

Reverse (Psychic)
    PP: 10/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status/Target: Single Adjacent Foe/Priority: +5
    "The user forces a psychic aura around the foe that reverses stat changes for one turn. Will fail if used twice in a row."
    - Cannot be used twice in a row. Blocked by Substitute. Reverses stats change, but does not include attack-side abilities (eg. Draco Meteor's -2 boost will not turn to a +2, and Charge Beam's +1 sp.atk will retain and not turn into -1 Sp.Atk)
    - Example:
    Alakazam vs Scizor
    Turn 1: Alakazam uses Reverse! Scizor uses Swords Dance, Scizor's Attack sharply fell.
    Turn 2: Alakazam uses Reverse! But it failed! Scizor uses Swords Dance, Scizor's Attack sharply rose.
    Turn 3; Alakazam uses Hidden Power! Scizor fainted.

Turn 3 is just for fun.

Distribution: Psychics and a Prankster Fairy type
    Seems pretty nice, although the name is a bit too close to Reversal. Still a neat move, though.

...Where's move #2? o:

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    "Few" means more than one. :P

Seems pretty nice, although the name is a bit too close to Reversal. Still a neat move, though.

...Where's move #2? o:
    Oh haha, I was out of time for a bit. Here comes #2

Alchemy (Fairy)
    PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status/Target: User's Team/Priority: 0
    "Increases the power of healing moves and items used by the team for three turns."
    - A 50% increase. Roost will heal 75% and Recover will heal 75% etc and the boost will carry on to the team. Does not apply to Leech Seed. While this may sound overpowered, it...
    - Distribution: One Pokemon.

Spirit Surge (Fairy)
    PP: 15/Poweer: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status/Target: User's Team/Priority: 0
    "Increases Attack and Special Attack of the team for three turns."
    - The entire team will get a +1 Atk/+1 Sp.Atk Boost for three turns. Tailwind pretty much. While this may sound overpowered, it...
    - Distribution: One Pokemon

So who is this 'One Pokemon'? A better question is who ARE the Pokemon. Presenting you, two new Pokemon I made up in my head, and with the advent of fairy type...

Spoiler:- Anthymph:

Attacking Variant coming oson (too lazy to post right now)

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Alchemy (Fairy)
    PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status/Target: User's Team/Priority: 0
    "Increases the power of healing moves and items used by the team for three turns."
    - A 50% increase. Roost will heal 75% and Recover will heal 75% etc and the boost will carry on to the team. Does not apply to Leech Seed. While this may sound overpowered, it...
    - Distribution: One Pokemon.

Spirit Surge (Fairy)
    PP: 15/Poweer: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status/Target: User's Team/Priority: 0
    "Increases Attack and Special Attack of the team for three turns."
    - The entire team will get a +1 Atk/+1 Sp.Atk Boost for three turns. Tailwind pretty much. While this may sound overpowered, it...
    - Distribution: One Pokemon
    It's probably the signature move of that one or those two Pokémon, so their power level is alright. Not much exciting to say about the effects of those moves, since they're pretty standard, but good nonetheless.

So who is this 'One Pokemon'? A better question is who ARE the Pokemon. Presenting you, two new Pokemon I made up in my head, and with the advent of fairy type...

Spoiler:- Anthymph:

Attacking Variant coming soon (too lazy to post right now)
    For a supporting Pokémon, it doesn't seem too bulky at first glance, but the fact that it can switch into Dragon-type Pokémon like no tomorrow is a definite plus. With Spirit Surge and Alchemy, I'm sure it'd be a blast to use. (:

Posting a rather weird but creative move I made:

Toxic Waste (status)
    Poison / PP- 16 / Priority 0
    "The user grants itself a boost in attack, special attack, and speed, but badly poisons itself as the cost.

Pokemon with Magic Guard cannot learn this move, and it's a nice little move that can make a Pokemon have a nice little sweep.

~Credits to myself~

Toxic Waste (status)
    "The user grants itself a boost in attack, special attack, and speed, but badly poisons itself as the cost.

Pokemon with Magic Guard cannot learn this move, and it's a nice little move that can make a Pokemon have a nice little sweep.
    The only things I can realistically see getting this are Poison types that can't be badly poisoned in the first place.

But it would certainly be nice if Zangoose got this kind of thing...

Anyways, I've been toying around for a while with the Lake trio, who I guess are some of the most likely candidates for Fairy typing. To be fully honest, as they're supposed to represent the spirit world and apparently have the ability to separate their spirit from their body, I kinda think they should have gotten Ghost typing. Then I thought, if Mewtwo gets an alternate form, why not these guys? So, give standard Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf Fairy typing, and give Spiritual Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf Ghost/Psychic typing. Their stats would also be slightly rearranged.

Azelf - Standard: 70/125/70/125/70/115
    Uxie - Standard: 75/75/130/75/130/95
    Mesprit - Standard: 80/105/105/105/105/80

Just by nature of being the jack-of-all-trades, Mesprit is obviously the least useful. Uxie isn't too much better off, being a bulky wall with no recovery and bad typing. Azelf, on the other hand, gets away pretty okay, but could definitely use some more power. So, now we get to their Spiritual forms.

Azelf - Spiritual: 70/140/55/140/55/115

So Azelf trades the little bit of bulk he had in the first place for a respectable Attack and Sp. Atk stats that would easily give him his place in OU back. On the other hand his 75/55/55 bulk won't let him take any hits at all.

Mesprit - Spiritual: 60/115/115/115/115/60 Now, Mesprit is still the jack-off-all-trades, but that 60/115/115 bulk is very interesting, especially when backed by 115 Sp. Atk and Attack stats. 60 Speed lets him down, plus that Ghost/Psychic typing is terrible defensively.

Uxie - Spiritual: 80/60/150/60/150/80

With Uxie's new stat spread, he becomes very similar to his big brother Deoxys-D. However, he's still missing two crucial things that lead to Deoxys-D's (supposed) brokenness - Recover and Spikes. Without reliable recovery and with only one entry hazard, I doubt he'd be that broken. Also, that 60 Attack and Sp. Atk won't be hurting anything anytime soon.

I see Azelf-S as what Azelf was meant to be all along; a ridiculously powerful, ridiculously frail glass cannon. Something does seem wrong with that stat spread though. It's got the same BST as standard Azelf, it just seems stupidly more powerful. I dunno, maybe the fact that it would still be complete priority bait would help balance that out.

Mesprit-S moves away from being the worst halves of her two siblings to become a sort of bulky attacker / offensive support Pokemon, with good bulk and good attacking stats, but not particularly excelling anywhere and still being let down by that terrible Speed and typing.

Uxie becomes much more of a wall, taking more hits and setting up Screens and Rocks and whatnot. It can now also spinblock, and might even make a good Calm Mind sweeper.

So yeah, just some thoughts and stuff.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Toxic Waste (status)

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    The only things I can realistically see getting this are Poison types that can't be badly poisoned in the first place.

But it would certainly be nice if Zangoose got this kind of thing...
    If it's a primary effect, then if the user is immune to poison, then the stat boosts wouldn't occur. Much like how if a recoil move misses, the user doesn't suffer recoil damage. (Hi Jump Kick and its younger sibling count as crash damage, not recoil damage.)

Zangoose would really benefit, as you've already said. :P

I could see this being used on some wacky, Immunity-Skill Swapping team, where you intend to set up a sweep with Toxic Waste and then pass Immunity on it to clear the poison status.

Anyways, I've been toying around for a while with the Lake trio, who I guess are some of the most likely candidates for Fairy typing. To be fully honest, as they're supposed to represent the spirit world and apparently have the ability to separate their spirit from their body, I kinda think they should have gotten Ghost typing. Then I thought, if Mewtwo gets an alternate form, why not these guys? So, give standard Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf Fairy typing, and give Spiritual Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf Ghost/Psychic typing. Their stats would also be slightly rearranged.
    Ouch... Ghost/Psychic? Darkness is their bane!

As for the actual stats of the Spiritual Lake Trio, they're pretty nice (especially for Mesprit, that Speed isn't too much of a problem thanks to its new stats), but that Ghost/Psychic typing really, really cripples them. With the Fighting type receiving the most skew right now, compounded with the fact that it's probably not going anyway anytime soon, I guess you could send one of these three out as a counter, but then teams would always have a Dark-type Pokémon specifically to take care of these guys. Looks like the Dark type would receive the same treatment as the Fighting type did in the advent of the fifth-gen metagame... :/

New Move:

Psycho Lash
    Psychic | Physical | Power: 140 | Acc: 85/90 | Pp: 10
    "The user conjures whips of psychic prowess and slams them into the foe with earth-shaking power."
    Lowers defense and special defense by one.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Fairies are here so time to throw in a couple of moves:

Fairy Dust
    Type: Fairy
    Category: Status
    Accuracy: 80
    PP: 15
    Priority: 0

Flavor Text: The user sprinkles magical dust on the opponent. The status condition may be either Poison, Sleep or Confusion.

Distribution: Gardevoir, Flabébé evolution (assuming it gets one), Cleffa line, Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff.

Ribbon Slam
    Category: Physical
    Power: 90
    Accuracy: 100

Flavor text: The user creates a ribbon like image and slams it at the foe. 20% of defense lowering.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    New Move:

Psycho Lash
    Psychic | Physical | Power: 140 | Acc: 85/90 | Pp: 10
    "The user conjures whips of psychic prowess and slams them into the foe with earth-shaking power."
    Lowers defense and special defense by one.
    Seems good. The accuracy should be 85 if the power is going to be 140.

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Fairies are here so time to throw in a couple of moves:

Fairy Dust
    Category: Status
    Accuracy: 80

Flavor Text: The user sprinkles magical dust on the opponent. The status condition may be either Poison, Sleep or Confusion.

Distribution: Gardevoir, Flabébé evolution (assuming it gets one), Cleffa line, Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff.

Ribbon Slam
    Category: Physical
    Power: 90
    Accuracy: 100

Flavor text: The user creates a ribbon like image and slams it at the foe. 20% of defense lowering.
    Both moves seem pretty good. Nothing much to say.

Why a ribbon? Is it a made-up signature move for Sylveon? o:

Concentrate
    Type: Normal
    Category: Other
    Power: ---
    Accuracy: ---
    PP: 10/16
    Flavour: The user meditates, focusing its power and increasing the damage dealt by its next attack.
    Effect: The next attack the user deals will do 1.5x damage. Good for stuff that forces lots of switches like Heatran and whatever.

~Richard Dawkins

Seems good. The accuracy should be 85 if the power is going to be 140.
    That was original accuracy, although I started second-guessing myself and added the other option.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Concentrate
    Type: Normal
    Category: Other
    Power: ---
    Accuracy: ---
    PP: 10/16
    Flavour: The user meditates, focusing its power and increasing the damage dealt by its next attack.
    Effect: The next attack the user deals will do 1.5x damage. Good for stuff that forces lots of switches like Heatran and whatever.
    It's pretty much strictly worse than a Howl (for a physical attack), that one move that raises Sp. Atk by one stage (I forgot its name), and Work Up in that it only works for the next move. Anything higher, though, and it could cause a lot of problems.

Speaking of moves, though, it should apply to the next move, rather than hit, because the Cinccino using this would concentrate its power to use Bullet Seed, not one round of Bullet Seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    That was original accuracy, although I started second-guessing myself and added the other option.
    When in doubt, always go for the lower accuracy if you're trying to prevent a move from possibly being too overpowered.

New ability:

Gravitational Field
    Flavour: When the Pokemon enters battle, it strengthens the force of Gravity. Gravity returns to normal when the Pokemon faints.
    Effect: Summons a permanent Gravity status. However, unlike Drizzle and Drought, it comes with a catch; if the Pokemon is KO'd, Gravity is immediately dispelled.
    Distribution: Give it to some new super-heavy legendary or something. Maybe Jirachi could get it, I dunno.

I'd like to see a Trick Room version of this, but that would be pretty overpowered. In fact, this might be a bit overpowered as is. Also, using Gravity while Gravity is active should dispel the effects, similar to using Trick Room while Trick Room is active.

~Richard Dawkins

New ability:

Gravitational Field
    Flavour: When the Pokemon enters battle, it strengthens the force of Gravity. Gravity returns to normal when the Pokemon faints.
    Effect: Summons a permanent Gravity status. However, unlike Drizzle and Drought, it comes with a catch; if the Pokemon is KO'd, Gravity is immediately dispelled.
    Distribution: Give it to some new super-heavy legendary or something. Maybe Jirachi could get it, I dunno.

I'd like to see a Trick Room version of this, but that would be pretty overpowered. In fact, this might be a bit overpowered as is. Also, using Gravity while Gravity is active should dispel the effects, similar to using Trick Room while Trick Room is active.
    If anything, the weather effects could've stood to be like this, too. That way, the metagame wouldn't have been so weather-skewed, either, and people would quit complaining about the overuse of Ninetales and Politoed solely for their weather abilities.

As for your second point, I disagree, flavor-wise. Trick Room reverses the room from having something (normal Speed calculations) to not having that something. Gravity is like the weather moves. It doesn't reverse anything; rather, it just creates (more of) it. It's analogous to saying that using Rain Dance when it's already raining should cancel Rain Dance. While that works mechanically, I just don't see it making sense.

If anything, the weather effects could've stood to be like this, too. That way, the metagame wouldn't have been so weather-skewed, either, and people would quit complaining about the overuse of Ninetales and Politoed solely for their weather abilities.
    Yeah, that's true... Perhaps the Weather abilities could be updated to work like this? It would definitely be a kick in the pants to most Rain and Sand teams, as they'd have to keep their weather starter alive throughout the match even against non-weather teams.

As for your second point, I disagree, flavor-wise. Trick Room reverses the room from having something (normal Speed calculations) to not having that something. Gravity is like the weather moves. It doesn't reverse anything; rather, it just creates (more of) it. It's analogous to saying that using Rain Dance when it's already raining should cancel Rain Dance. While that works mechanically, I just don't see it making sense.
    I just kind of wanted it to work like that for balance purposes.

How about a new move that dispels all field effects, including weather, Trick Room, Gravity, etc.? It could have a high chance of failing, or maybe it could be like Rapid Spin, where it's an attack that can be blocked by a Pokemon immune to that attack. Maybe a Psychic typed attack, so Dark types would block it? IMO Dark types need a buff, the only two you see in OU nowadays are Tyranitar (who doesn't overly love his Dark typing, although STAB Pursuit is nice) and occasionally Hydreigon.

~Richard Dawkins

Yeah, that's true... Perhaps the Weather abilities could be updated to work like this? It would definitely be a kick in the pants to most Rain and Sand teams, as they'd have to keep their weather starter alive throughout the match even against non-weather teams.
    I just feel that for pretty much any team with a mechanical theme (weather, Gravity, Trick Room, etc.) rather than a statistical one (hyper offense, classic stall, etc.), how good it is should be directly related to how much effort one puts into it. Right now, against the right teams, all it takes for rain to get the ball rolling is a turn 0 Politoed, and against those teams, there's no stopping that ball. At least it should take some effort to keep that Politoed alive and on the field if the opposing team isn't going to use weather to counter that rain.

I just kind of wanted it to work like that for balance purposes.

How about a new move that dispels all field effects, including weather, Trick Room, Gravity, etc.? It could have a high chance of failing, or maybe it could be like Rapid Spin, where it's an attack that can be blocked by a Pokemon immune to that attack. Maybe a Psychic typed attack, so Dark types would block it? IMO Dark types need a buff, the only two you see in OU nowadays are Tyranitar (who doesn't overly love his Dark typing, although STAB Pursuit is nice) and occasionally Hydreigon.
    The way I see it, Rapid Spin is kind of flawed as it is. There should've been a move that got rid of entry hazards without doing damage, so that people would be more hesitant to use entry hazards as a method to win. If that were to happen, not every team would run "Rapid Spin 2.0", since not every team would use weather in fear of their opponent having "Rapid Spin 2.0".

The same logic would work here. This move shouldn't have to deal damage for it to rid the field of field effects. The obscenely low accuracy drawback wouldn't be needed, either, since once people know that such field and weather effects are so easily eliminated, teams would rely less and less on these field and weather effects. And of course, since less and less teams would be using it, there would be less of a need for every team to run this move.

I would love to hear others' opinions on this.

I just feel that for pretty much any team with a mechanical theme (weather, Gravity, Trick Room, etc.) rather than a statistical one (hyper offense, classic stall, etc.), how good it is should be directly related to how much effort one puts into it. Right now, against the right teams, all it takes for rain to get the ball rolling is a turn 0 Politoed, and against those teams, there's no stopping that ball. At least it should take some effort to keep that Politoed alive and on the field if the opposing team isn't going to use weather to counter that rain.

The way I see it, Rapid Spin is kind of flawed as it is. There should've been a move that got rid of entry hazards without doing damage, so that people would be more hesitant to use entry hazards as a method to win. If that were to happen, not every team would run "Rapid Spin 2.0", since not every team would use weather in fear of their opponent having "Rapid Spin 2.0".

The same logic would work here. This shouldn't have to deal damage for it to rid the field of field effects. The obscenely low accuracy drawback wouldn't be needed, either, since once people know that such field and weather effects are so easily eliminated, teams would rely less and less on these field and weather effects. And of course, since less and less teams would be using it, there would be less of a need for every team to run this move.

You seem to want weather and hazards to be entirely pointless. That wasn't my goal, my intentions were to make a move that would decentralize weather, but not eliminate it altogether as a viable playstyle.

I dunno, maybe we'd be better off if weather was completely gone, but I feel like if it were more balanced and less over-centralized it would be fine.

~Richard Dawkins

The same logic would work here. This move shouldn't have to deal damage for it to rid the field of field effects. The obscenely low accuracy drawback wouldn't be needed, either, since once people know that such field and weather effects are so easily eliminated, teams would rely less and less on these field and weather effects. And of course, since less and less teams would be using it, there would be less of a need for every team to run this move.

IMO, Defog should`ve been this. Now that I think about it, it would also actually make sense if defog removed rain from play. But then you`d also need other moves that remove other weathers from play. I`d be great to decentralize hazards (and weathers).
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

Page 83 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384858687 ... LastLast