Page 86 of 88 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788 LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

  1. #2126
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Changeling literally does nothing, as Fairy-type Pokémon are already able to change weather with weather-inducing moves, as you've already said. I think a 10% chance for Fairy Dust to give either paralysis, sleep, poison, or confusion is pretty good, as it's 2.5% per status ailment, which, given its versatility, is nothing to scoff at.



    Haze! Or... Unaware... neither of which are run much... :/

    New Move: Shift Zone
    Type: Steel / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 10 / Target: Single non-user / Category: Status / Priority: -2
    "The target's beneficial stat boosts are reversed. The more boosts the target has, the less accurate this move is."
    - It flips the sign of all stat boosts from positive to negative. So if a Scizor used Swords Dance three times to achieve +6 Attack, and then the foe Magnezone used Shift Zone, Scizor would then get -6 Attack. It doesn't change negatives to positives, though.
    - The accuracy of the move depends on how many boosts there are. It never misses if the target has one boost, but then at two boosts, the accuracy starts at 100% (which can miss, much like a Pound missing after the user has been Sand-Attacked), and decreases by 10% from then on for every boost afterward, with a minimum accuracy of 30%.

    Is it too good? It's mainly for Shell Smash and Quiver Dance abusers.
    What's the distribution? As it stands most Shell Smashers / Quiver Dancers can KO Magnezone before it can even use this move.

    Also, Kyurem-B can KO all Haze users before they can Haze him, and can O/2HKO all Unaware users with his stupid 170 base Attack.


    You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

  2. #2127
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    What's the distribution? As it stands most Shell Smashers / Quiver Dancers can KO Magnezone before it can even use this move.
    That would depend on how broken it is. o:

    For now, I think that the Magnemite line, the Bronzong line, Starmie, Sigilyph, and Jirachi would get it. The first two and Jirachi are obvious as to why. As for Starmie and Sigilyph, I feel their powers are unique enough that they're able to have the power to invert signs of stat boosts to make Pokémon extremely strong against them into Pokémon that they're extremely strong against.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  3. #2128
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    That would depend on how broken it is. o:

    For now, I think that the Magnemite line, the Bronzong line, Starmie, Sigilyph, and Jirachi would get it. The first two and Jirachi are obvious as to why. As for Starmie and Sigilyph, I feel their powers are unique enough that they're able to have the power to invert signs of stat boosts to make Pokémon extremely strong against them into Pokémon that they're extremely strong against.
    Eh, Jirachi... I dunno, a Jirachi with a phazing move would be really annoying, but then again not really broken.

    Speaking of which, does anyone else feel Jirachi would have gotten Levitate as its DW ability, had GF decided to release Event Pokemon through the Dream World? I'm not sure which would be more annoying, Serene Grace Jirachi or a Jirachi that's now immune to Earthquake... Plus, as explicitly shown in the anime and in side games, Jirachi clearly has the ability to levitate...


    Maybe there should be a Psychic-typed Magnet Rise clone.


    You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

  4. #2129
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Eh, Jirachi... I dunno, a Jirachi with a phazing move would be really annoying, but then again not really broken.

    Speaking of which, does anyone else feel Jirachi would have gotten Levitate as its DW ability, had GF decided to release Event Pokemon through the Dream World? I'm not sure which would be more annoying, Serene Grace Jirachi or a Jirachi that's now immune to Earthquake... Plus, as explicitly shown in the anime and in side games, Jirachi clearly has the ability to levitate...
    I wouldn't mind my favorite Pokémon getting the ability to Levitate. It matches with how I think of Jirachi always being more of a special attacker based on its looks, and that a true Jirachi shouldn't be using physical moves like Iron Head. Perhaps if it did have Levitate, I'd be able to make an awesome Jirachi that didn't abuse Serene Grace. I know it sounds much less fun, but I think it'd be great.

    Maybe there should be a Psychic-typed Magnet Rise clone.
    They already have Telekinesis, which is pretty much Magnet Rise for an opponent for three turns. Naturally, the type should be able to grant a user of that type the same kind of thing. (:





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  5. #2130
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    I wouldn't mind my favorite Pokémon getting the ability to Levitate. It matches with how I think of Jirachi always being more of a special attacker based on its looks, and that a true Jirachi shouldn't be using physical moves like Iron Head. Perhaps if it did have Levitate, I'd be able to make an awesome Jirachi that didn't abuse Serene Grace. I know it sounds much less fun, but I think it'd be great.
    I always thought it was a bit amusing that some extraterrestrial being with the power to instantly grant wishes would resort to headbutting an opponent, but it's hard to argue with that 60% flinch chance...


    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    They already have Telekinesis, which is pretty much Magnet Rise for an opponent for three turns. Naturally, the type should be able to grant a user of that type the same kind of thing. (:
    Can you use Telekenisis on yourself? I don't think you can...


    You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

  6. #2131
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    I always thought it was a bit amusing that some extraterrestrial being with the power to instantly grant wishes would resort to headbutting an opponent, but it's hard to argue with that 60% flinch chance...
    Yeah, that's why I hate having a Jirachi with Iron Head. Whenever I use one, I always make it have Flash Cannon and Psychic, because I envision a Jirachi using its awesome special-based powers rather than ramming itself and getting hurt on its head.

    Can you use Telekenisis on yourself? I don't think you can...
    No, you can't. If you could, and you did, that would be extremely bad. It would be pretty much a one-sided No Guard, where all accuracy and evasion modifiers are ignored for moves against you would be ignored.

    But Telekinesis proves that Psychic-type Pokémon have the ability to suspend Pokémon in the air. So they should be able to levitate themselves. o:





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  7. #2132
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SE asia, Phiippines.
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Yeah, that's why I hate having a Jirachi with Iron Head. Whenever I use one, I always make it have Flash Cannon and Psychic, because I envision a Jirachi using its awesome special-based powers rather than ramming itself and getting hurt on its head.
    Should I feel bad now that I've let her headbutt her enemies a lot? Probably yes since I like Jirachi so much like you too. Heck, she's my favorite of all the legendary pokemon ever designed.

    Anyways, I had a new ability that comes to mind.

    Polar Ice:
    Freezes the opponent when user is critically hit.
    Detailed: Taking an idea from Anger Point, instead of increasing a stat to the max, I see this as a chance for applying Freeze as a status. Remember, Critical hits are random. And Ice types can't be frozen
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

  8. #2133
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Chaotic Blast
    Type: Psychic
    Category: Special
    Power: 180
    Accuracy: 90
    PP: 5/8
    Flavour: The user fires a reality-warping beam at the opponent. It lowers the user's Defense and Special Defense stats by 1 stage.
    Effect: Launches an extremely powerful Psychic-typed move that drops the users' defensive stats. It would be the signature move of a new Legendary I'm designing, and the only Pokemon who could use it would be said Legendary and Smeargle.

    Natural Order
    Type: Normal
    Category: Other
    Power: ---
    Accuracy: --
    PP: 10/16
    Flavour: The user becomes encloaked in a mysterious veil of light. For the next 5 turns, its Defense and Special Defense are doubled, and it recovers 12.5% of its maximum HP per turn. However, its Attack and Sp. Attack are reduced by one stage.
    Effect: ^
    Would the the signature move of the other Legendary's counterpart, and thus accessible only to that Legendary and Smeargle. It cannot be Baton Passed to prevent abuse by Smeargle.


    Also, some ordinary run-of-the-mill moves.

    Brine Bomb
    Type: Water
    Category: Physical
    Power: 85
    Accuracy: 100
    PP: 15/24
    Flavour: The user launches a chunk of violently explosive sodium at the opponent. It may cause the target to flinch.
    Effect: 30% chance to cause the opponent to flinch.

    Wildfire
    Type:Fire
    Category: Other
    Power: ---
    Accuracy: ---
    PP: 5/8
    Flavour: The user sets fire to the battlefield, causing damage to all Pokemon except Fire and Rock types at the end of each turn for 5 turns.
    Effect: For the next 5 turns, all Pokemon except Fire and Rock types lose 6.25% of their maximum HP at the end of the turn. Grass types lose 12.5% of their maximum HP, unless they have a secondary Rock or Fire typing (in which case they lose none). This is not a weather effect, and can therefore be in effect at the same time as other weather effects. Magic Guard and Flash Fire block this attack.

    Vine Bloom
    Type: Grass
    Category: Physical
    Power: 140
    Accuracy: 90
    PP: 5/8
    Flavour: The user spews forth a tangle of thorny vines to attack the opponent. Sharply lowers the user's Attack.
    Effect: A physical Draco Meteor clone that lowers Attack instead of Sp. Atk.


    You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

  9. #2134
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    Should I feel bad now that I've let her headbutt her enemies a lot? Probably yes since I like Jirachi so much like you too. Heck, she's my favorite of all the legendary pokemon ever designed.

    Anyways, I had a new ability that comes to mind.

    Polar Ice:
    Freezes the opponent when user is critically hit.
    Detailed: Taking an idea from Anger Point, instead of increasing a stat to the max, I see this as a chance for applying Freeze as a status. Remember, Critical hits are random. And Ice types can't be frozen
    As much as critical hits can be punished, I think that freezing the Pokémon that dealt the critical hit is just too much of a punishment.
    It should probably also only trigger with physical attacks so that it makes sense. Maybe that's just me?

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Chaotic Blast
    Type: Psychic
    Category: Special
    Power: 180
    Accuracy: 90
    PP: 5/8
    Flavour: The user fires a reality-warping beam at the opponent. It lowers the user's Defense and Special Defense stats by 1 stage.
    Effect: Launches an extremely powerful Psychic-typed move that drops the users' defensive stats. It would be the signature move of a new Legendary I'm designing, and the only Pokemon who could use it would be said Legendary and Smeargle.
    Pretty good, I guess. The legendary Pokémon probably would have to have pretty lower Defense and Sp. Def base stats, as it's not really a drawback if the legendary Pokémon is relatively bulky even after the stat drops.

    Natural Order
    Type: Normal
    Category: Other
    Power: ---
    Accuracy: --
    PP: 10/16
    Flavour: The user becomes encloaked in a mysterious veil of light. For the next 5 turns, its Defense and Special Defense are doubled, and it recovers 12.5% of its maximum HP per turn. However, its Attack and Sp. Attack are reduced by one stage.
    Effect: ^
    Would the the signature move of the other Legendary's counterpart, and thus accessible only to that Legendary and Smeargle. It cannot be Baton Passed to prevent abuse by Smeargle.
    I'd rather have it just increase Defense and Sp. Def by two stages rather than plain doubling the stats. Potentially having +12 Defense and Sp. Def seems a bit ridiculous. But I have to say, in this offensive-oriented metagame, it's really nice to see a great defensive move.

    Also, some ordinary run-of-the-mill moves.

    Brine Bomb
    Type: Water
    Category: Physical
    Power: 85
    Accuracy: 100
    PP: 15/24
    Flavour: The user launches a chunk of violently explosive sodium at the opponent. It may cause the target to flinch.
    Effect: 30% chance to cause the opponent to flinch.
    Rock Slide is already a great move at 75/90 with a 30% flinch chance. This is strictly better in Singles, with 10 more power, 10 more accuracy, and 5 more PP, with the same flinch chance. I think it's a bit on the strong side, and could use the same power and PP as Rock Slide, at least.

    Wildfire
    Type:Fire
    Category: Other
    Power: ---
    Accuracy: ---
    PP: 5/8
    Flavour: The user sets fire to the battlefield, causing damage to all Pokemon except Fire and Rock types at the end of each turn for 5 turns.
    Effect: For the next 5 turns, all Pokemon except Fire and Rock types lose 6.25% of their maximum HP at the end of the turn. Grass types lose 12.5% of their maximum HP, unless they have a secondary Rock or Fire typing (in which case they lose none). This is not a weather effect, and can therefore be in effect at the same time as other weather effects. Magic Guard and Flash Fire block this attack.
    I like this move a lot. Something tells me that there should be some way to cancel out the move.
    Would Pokémon in the semi-invulnerable turns of Fly and Bounce be hit by this? Probably not, since they're high up in the air, and wildfires can't exactly reach that altitude.
    Also, Bug-type Pokémon could receive double damage as well, with the extra damage stacking if the affected Pokémon is of both types. Poor Parasect...

    Vine Bloom
    Type: Grass
    Category: Physical
    Power: 140
    Accuracy: 90
    PP: 5/8
    Flavour: The user spews forth a tangle of thorny vines to attack the opponent. Sharply lowers the user's Attack.
    Effect: A physical Draco Meteor clone that lowers Attack instead of Sp. Atk.
    Awesome. Breloom, maybe?
    Or possibly Torterra. I never really liked Wood Hammer too much.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  10. #2135
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Rock Slide is already a great move at 75/90 with a 30% flinch chance. This is strictly better in Singles, with 10 more power, 10 more accuracy, and 5 more PP, with the same flinch chance. I think it's a bit on the strong side, and could use the same power and PP as Rock Slide, at least.
    Iron Head has a 30% Flinch chance alongside a base 80 power and a great distribution. I don't think it's that broken (if anything, Rock Slide needs a buff).

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    I like this move a lot. Something tells me that there should be some way to cancel out the move.
    Would Pokémon in the semi-invulnerable turns of Fly and Bounce be hit by this? Probably not, since they're high up in the air, and wildfires can't exactly reach that altitude.
    Also, Bug-type Pokémon could receive double damage as well, with the extra damage stacking if the affected Pokémon is of both types. Poor Parasect...
    I was thinking maybe the move Surf could extinguish the battlefield. Surf's got a pretty good distribution and is already a competitively viable move. Yes, Pokemon using Fly, Bounce, Dig, Dive, and Shadow Force would be immune to the damage, as well as ones using Protect and Detect. At first I was going to make Bug-types recieve double damage, but I figured that would be pretty overpowered with Bug/Grass types losing 25% of their max HP per turn.


    You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

  11. #2136
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Iron Head has a 30% Flinch chance alongside a base 80 power and a great distribution. I don't think it's that broken (if anything, Rock Slide needs a buff).
    I could see it have 80 power, at the very most. Otherwise, flinching moves with 100% accuracy would be creeping up the power ladder 5 power at a time, and before long, flinching moves with 100% accuracy that aren't exclusive to one Pokémon would have 100 power or so, which would be totally out of hand, right?

    I was thinking maybe the move Surf could extinguish the battlefield. Surf's got a pretty good distribution and is already a competitively viable move. Yes, Pokemon using Fly, Bounce, Dig, Dive, and Shadow Force would be immune to the damage, as well as ones using Protect and Detect. At first I was going to make Bug-types recieve double damage, but I figured that would be pretty overpowered with Bug/Grass types losing 25% of their max HP per turn.
    Surf is just a great move. Luckily for it, it also makes sense that it can wipe out wildfires. So does Muddy Water, though, so it should be able to extinguish the flames as well.
    Since the Wildfire does damage at the end of each turn, users of Protect and Detect wouldn't be able to guard against it, unfortunately.
    I don't really see why the thought about the move being too strong against Bug/Grass Pokémon is something to really worry about. Fire-type moves can pretty much already burn them to a crisp in the first place, so why not make it do double damage to both Bug- and Grass-type Pokémon? Plus, there's not that many Bug/Grass Pokémon out there, so it wouldn't be too big of a concern.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  12. #2137
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    A small planet near Betelgeuse
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I wonder about this...

    Sense Blast
    Pow --/Acc 85%/PP 5 (8)
    Type: Psychic
    Priority: -2
    Desc: The user fires a psychic beam that unhealthily increases the foe's sensitivity, causing it to take extra damage for five turns.
    Effect: When this attack hits, the enemy takes 20% more damage from all sources for five turns or until switching.
    Reflected by Magic Coat and Magic Bounce
    Stopped by Protect/Detect
    Life is a funny thing. I have something of a love-hate relationship with it.


  13. #2138
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotQuiteSane42 View Post
    I wonder about this...

    Sense Blast
    Pow --/Acc 85%/PP 5 (8)
    Type: Psychic
    Priority: -2
    Desc: The user fires a psychic beam that unhealthily increases the foe's sensitivity, causing it to take extra damage for five turns.
    Effect: When this attack hits, the enemy takes 20% more damage from all sources for five turns or until switching.
    Reflected by Magic Coat and Magic Bounce
    Stopped by Protect/Detect
    In this extremely offensive metagame, I'd have to say no. Fortunately, though, if X and Y bring a more defensive-oriented metagame, I could see this happening.

    Telekinesis already makes the affected Pokémon ignored by accuracy and evasion modifiers, so I could see this move somewhat make the affected Pokémon ignored by Defense and Sp. Def modifiers in that the damage received by it is multiplied by a factor of x1.2.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  14. #2139
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotQuiteSane42 View Post
    I wonder about this...

    Sense Blast
    Pow --/Acc 85%/PP 5 (8)
    Type: Psychic
    Priority: -2
    Desc: The user fires a psychic beam that unhealthily increases the foe's sensitivity, causing it to take extra damage for five turns.
    Effect: When this attack hits, the enemy takes 20% more damage from all sources for five turns or until switching.
    Reflected by Magic Coat and Magic Bounce
    Stopped by Protect/Detect
    Meeh. Can we go with Sensory Blast? I'm a bit of a part-time grammar Nazi.

    Anyways, the effect is... Interesting. It's a bit like a drop in Sp. Def, but it's hard to compare the two. For one, drops in Def/Sp. Def don't affect damage from status, weather, etc., while I assume this does.

    The effect doesn't stack, does it? If it doesn't I guess it's okay.


    You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

  15. #2140
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    A small planet near Betelgeuse
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    In this extremely offensive metagame, I'd have to say no. Fortunately, though, if X and Y bring a more defensive-oriented metagame, I could see this happening.

    Telekinesis already makes the affected Pokémon ignored by accuracy and evasion modifiers, so I could see this move somewhat make the affected Pokémon ignored by Defense and Sp. Def modifiers in that the damage received by it is multiplied by a factor of x1.2.
    I see plenty of stall and defensive teams, and I think this would be useful there. Good for wallbreaking as well of course, but stall teams could use it to force switches and cause even more passive damage because it applies to all damage, not just direct attacks.
    Life is a funny thing. I have something of a love-hate relationship with it.


  16. #2141
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotQuiteSane42 View Post
    I see plenty of stall and defensive teams, and I think this would be useful there. Good for wallbreaking as well of course, but stall teams could use it to force switches and cause even more passive damage because it applies to all damage, not just direct attacks.
    The problem with making it so that indirect damage is boosted is that a lot of offensive teams also take advantage of those same sources of indirect damage.

    Stealth Rock and Spikes are often set up by offensive teams to get that extra damage in and cripple foes to create easier sweeps, as well as stall teams that use things like Roar.
    Poison and burn are used often to prevent the opposition from staying too long and forcing switches, as well as defensive teams that want to force switches to gain an upper defensive edge.
    Sandstorm and hail damage are exploited by offensive teams that use those weather conditions, as well as more defensive-oriented teams that use those weathers to boost the survivability of their Rock- and Ice-type Pokémon.

    I could see Sensory Beam affecting direct attacks, but not indirect ones, for that reason. Especially Stealth Rock. 60% HP damage for a Ho-Oh or 30% to a Lugia that's switching in is NOT fun. That 10% or 5% adds up fast.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  17. #2142
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    The problem with making it so that indirect damage is boosted is that a lot of offensive teams also take advantage of those same sources of indirect damage.

    Stealth Rock and Spikes are often set up by offensive teams to get that extra damage in and cripple foes to create easier sweeps, as well as stall teams that use things like Roar.
    Poison and burn are used often to prevent the opposition from staying too long and forcing switches, as well as defensive teams that want to force switches to gain an upper defensive edge.
    Sandstorm and hail damage are exploited by offensive teams that use those weather conditions, as well as more defensive-oriented teams that use those weathers to boost the survivability of their Rock- and Ice-type Pokémon.

    I could see Sensory Beam affecting direct attacks, but not indirect ones, for that reason. Especially Stealth Rock. 60% HP damage for a Ho-Oh or 30% to a Lugia that's switching in is NOT fun. That 10% or 5% adds up fast.
    How would the damage modifier apply to entry hazards? You'd have to hit the Pokemon BEFORE it switches in. o.O


    You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

  18. #2143
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    How would the damage modifier apply to entry hazards? You'd have to hit the Pokemon BEFORE it switches in. o.O
    Right, but see, the entire idea of having all damage that a Pokémon would receive, not just from direct damage, increase by 20% is bad because of that reason.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  19. #2144
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Two new Pokemon, and part of the plot for a new region I'm designing. Still working on sprite splices.

    Legemia, the Order Pokemon
    11" 2', 513 pounds, Type: Normal/Rock
    Experience Class: Slow
    Genderless

    Base stats: 120,90,150,90,150,80 = 680 BST
    Signature move: Natural Order

    Pokedex entry: An ancient Pokemon said to sleep beneath the surface of the Earth, bringing order and balance to the world. It banished Tumulus after a violent battle long ago.

    Brief description: A giant white golem-like monster. I'm splicing pieces of Regigigas, Kyurem, Reshiram, and a few other Pokemon to make the sprite. I'll post it if I like the results when I'm finished.

    Tumulus, the Chaos Pokemon
    8" 9', 10 pounds, Type: Dark/Psychic
    Experience Class: Slow
    Genderless

    Base stats: 80,150,90,150,90,120 = 680 BST
    Signature move: Chaotic Blast

    Pokedex Entry:A timeless Pokemon said to inhabit deep space. In legend, it descended from the heavens to bring chaos to the world. It was defeated by Legemia and has been seeking revenge ever since.

    Brief description: A giant, purple and black cloud with a hazy, indistinct body in the center. A leering face can be seen from the center of the cloud. This one looks really messy so far, so I've got to work on it more. It doesn't help that I'm doing it mostly from scratch.

    So, the basic plot for the new region would be based around chaos and order. As such, there would be two new teams, Team Control and Team Anarchy (Anarchy ftw!). Team Control seeks a world in perfect harmony and conformity, with society functioning as a single being. Team Anarchy seeks freedom and lawlessness, saying that no human has the right to control another. To accomplish their goals, Team Control wishes to awaken Legemia, an ancient being that defended society from the embodiment of Chaos long ago. They believe Legemia will create a perfect utopian society. Team Anarchy wishes to bring back Tumulus, which is the physical form of Chaos. Long ago, the two legends fought each other, and Tumulus was defeated and banished from the planet. Legemia then disappeared, slumbering far beneath the earth. Team Control will eventually use a massive oil drill to drill a tunnel into Legemia's lair, and Team Chaos will use a stolen space shuttle to find Tumulus. In the end, the two teams realize that a perfect world requires a balance of conformity and non-conformity. A third legendary will be featured, based around the concept of balance.

    I'm still working on the plot details, and names aren't really final or anything.


    You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

  20. #2145
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Because the new Fairy type has been announced, I figgured that I should update my Light Type:

    Light VS type x:
    • Light vs Normal - Neutral.
    • Light vs Fire - Neutral.
    • Light vs Water - Not very effective.
    • Light vs Grass - Not very effective.
    • Light vs Electric - Neutral.
    • Light vs Ice - Not very effective.
    • Light vs Fighting - Neutral.
    • Light vs Poison - Neutral.
    • Light vs Ground - Neutral.
    • Light vs Flying - Neutral.
    • Light vs Psychic - Neutral.
    • Light vs Bug - Super effective (I'm a bit iffy on this one flavourwise).
    • Light vs Rock - Not very effective.
    • Light vs Ghost - Super effective.
    • Light vs Dragon - Neutral.
    • Light vs Dark - Super effective.
    • Light vs Steel - No effect.
    • Light vs Fairy - Not very effective.
    • Light vs itself - Not very effective.


    Type x VS Light:
    • Normal vs Light - Neutral.
    • Fire vs Light - Not very effective.
    • Water vs Light - Neutral.
    • Grass vs Light - Super effective.
    • Electric vs Light - Neutral.
    • Ice vs Light - Neutral.
    • Fighting vs Light - Not very effective.
    • Poison vs Light - Neutral.
    • Ground vs Light - Neutral.
    • Flying vs Light - Neutral.
    • Psychic vs Light - Not very effective.
    • Bug vs Light - Neutral.
    • Rock vs Light - Neutral.
    • Ghost vs Light - Not very effective.
    • Dragon vs Light - Neutral.
    • Dark vs Light - Super effective.
    • Steel vs Light - Super effective.
    • Fairy vs Light - Neutral.
    • Light vs itself - Not very effective.
    Current IV hunt:
    - Perfect IV w/ Anticipation. Current progress: 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Anticipation.

    Previous hunts:
    - 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Huge Power and Adamant Nature.




  21. #2146
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    757

    Default

    I'm hammering out the storyline for my (unfortunately completely theoretical) new game. I want it to heavily involve the spirit world (and as such the pixie trio make a return). Also, legendary Pokemon will no longer be catchable, instead the player must befriend them, which will normally happen after certain elements of the game have been completed.

    As revealed by the storyline, Uxie is blind, Mesprit is deaf, and Azelf is mute. This is a reference to the maxim of the three wise monkeys (see no evil = Uxie, hear no evil = Mesprit, speak no evil = Azelf). However, Azelf communicates to the player via telepathy at a couple points during the storyline, and Mesprit is able to understand the player by reading his/her mind.



    Competitively, I've thought of a few things...


    Explosion will now reduce the opponent's defense by 1 (.33%) in calculations. This means it's not as powerful as DPPt and not as useless as B/W.
    The move Dig will negate Levitate and Flying typing, allowing Pokemon with those abilities and types to be hit by Earthquake and Magnitude while using Dig.
    Certain Pokemon that are currently regarded as useless (Castform, Spinda, etc.) will have viable evolutions. These evolutions will still keep true to the original Pokemon's competitive theme (Castform as a weather check, Spinda as a Contrary abuser).
    Several new priority moves will be introduced, including some viable and well-distributed Special priority moves.
    A couple variants of the move Pursuit will be introduced.
    FAIRY WILL NOT EXIST!!!
    Several older legendaries will gain alternate forms. These include the lake trio, Heatran, the... whatever trio Entei, Suicune, and Raikou are, and Jirachi.
    Dozens and dozens of new moves will be introduced, including a much-needed accurate Fighting special attack, a Rock variant of Focus Blast, and any other moves I mentioned in my past posts that weren't deemed broken.


    It's a shame that this is all theoretical. I wish I knew how to code in C++.


    You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

  22. #2147
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    851

    Default

    New ability

    Magic Armor
    "Only Physical moves will hit and be used"

    -I think it's pretty self explanatory. All speciall moves are now useless to a Pokemon with Magic Armor. So the Pokemon cannot be hit by Special-based moves as well as not being able to use them, themselves.

    FC: 4699-6505-4258

    IGN: Diva

  23. #2148
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    New ability

    Magic Armor
    "Only Physical moves will hit and be used"

    -I think it's pretty self explanatory. All speciall moves are now useless to a Pokemon with Magic Armor. So the Pokemon cannot be hit by Special-based moves as well as not being able to use them, themselves.

    Completely broken, unless it's restricted to a certain Pokemon like Wonder Guard. And even then that Pokemon should have terrible Defense.

    This would be the utter death of special hyper offense.


    You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

  24. #2149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    New ability

    Magic Armor
    "Only Physical moves will hit and be used"

    -I think it's pretty self explanatory. All speciall moves are now useless to a Pokemon with Magic Armor. So the Pokemon cannot be hit by Special-based moves as well as not being able to use them, themselves.
    Completely, utterly, and totally broken. What made you think it was fine?
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  25. #2150
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    0

    Default

    some fantastic theorymon here guys, love the ideas!

    anyways i had an idea while watching the ducks game yesterday, what if ferrothorn had an ability to be able to make itself fire type? that way it could absolve its one biggest weakness and adapt to enemy pokemon like heatran before surprising them with a bulldoze or even the tried and true, leech seed+protect strategy.

    so what does everybody think?

Page 86 of 88 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •