Page 9 of 88 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

@ Wishing Star
    I hope you don't mind but I wanna use your formula of creating moves

New Move: Permafrost

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: 50% / PP: 10 / Target: One / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user blows a icy cold front at the target to freeze the target solid "

- This move is basically The Freeze status version of Will-O-Wisp, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Hypnosis etc.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

I'd change the effect of that more to something like this:

'This move instantly freezes the opponent for 2-4 turns. If the Pokémon has a Flame Body, or Magma Armor, it is unaffected. If any Fire-typed move is used on the user, or is used by the user, it will immediately defrost. If Scald is used on or by that Pokémon, it will immediately defrost.'

Just so the move itself isn't broken, since Freeze lasts indefinitely, and unlike the other status conditions, you can't do anything.

also, my own move:

Move Name: Lightning Burst
    Type: Electric (Physical)
    Targets: Allies and Opponents
    Base Power: 100
    Additional effect: None.

basically a Electric-typed Earthquake.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    I'd change the effect of that more to something like this:

'This move instantly freezes the opponent for 2-4 turns. If the Pokémon has a Flame Body, or Magma Armor, it is unaffected. If any Fire-typed move is used on the user, or is used by the user, it will immediately defrost. If Scald is used on or by that Pokémon, it will immediately defrost.'

Just so the move itself isn't broken, since Freeze lasts indefinitely, and unlike the other status conditions, you can't do anything.
    Well, those exceptions already apply to freeze status anyway, so I did not feel the need to add them. As for the 2-4 turns, no. Then the that would not be the freeze status, because with the freeze status a frozen Pokémon has a 20% chance of being thawed out every turn.

also, my own move:

Move Name: Lightning Burst
    Type: Electric (Physical)
    Targets: Allies and Opponents
    Base Power: 100
    Additional effect: None.

basically a Electric-typed Earthquake.
    I like it but think it should have a chance to paralyze and or flinch.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Well, those exceptions already apply to freeze status anyway, so I did not feel the need to add them. As for the 2-4 turns, no. Then the that would not be the freeze status, because with the freeze status a frozen Pokémon has a 20% chance of being thawed out every turn.

I like it but think it should have a chance to paralyze and or flinch.
    yes, but just because it has a twenty percent chance of thawing every turn doesn't mean it will. that effect is fine on moves with only a chance to freeze, but on something that is guaranteed to freeze, the chance of potentially lasting forever is extremely unfair. 2-4 turns is much more balanced, and it still allows you a chance to set up or whatever.

Regarding Lightning Burst, Earthquake's only side effect is hitting users using Dig twice as hard, and that's all it is, a Electric type Earthquake (it can hit users using Bounce, Sky Attack, or Fly twice as hard).

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    yes, but just because it has a twenty percent chance of thawing every turn doesn't mean it will. that effect is fine on moves with only a chance to freeze, but on something that is guaranteed to freeze, the chance of potentially lasting forever is extremely unfair. 2-4 turns is much more balanced, and it still allows you a chance to set up or whatever.
    Then you'd have to change the mechanics of how Freeze work, because the move inflicts the Freeze status, the move is not it's own status and that's how the freeze status works.

EDIT: I understand what you mean by it being unfair but that's how the freeze mechanics work. Maybe I can lower the accuracy to make it less broken?

Flareon needs more than just Flare Blitz in its repertoire; it needs a stat redistribution. If Flareon's Sp. Attack and Speed get swapped then it would stand a chance in higher tiers. It's important for Guts Flareon to use physical attacks at all times because toxic orb worsens gradual damage to the holder.

you wouldnt have to change the mechanics. it would be relatively simple. being that the highest chance of freezing is 30%(60 with serene grace), and that move is only blizzard, a 70% accurate move, its incredibly hard to get a freeze, but worthwile when you do.

it is not the "freeze version" of t-wave or toxic. both have much higher accuracy, 100% and 90%.

that move would most definitely be broken. even at 60% accuracy, it'd be broken, and it cant even be spread throughout, due to freeze clause.

it wouldnt be as broken as spore, but it'd be arguably close.

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    you wouldnt have to change the mechanics.
    ...Yes...you would...Making the freeze last 2-4 turns would be changing the mechanics of how freeze works.

I've decided that i'm just gonna leave my move the way it is a 75% accuracy. If it's broken then they should just ban it from competitive play. :P

it is not the "freeze version" of t-wave or toxic. both have much higher accuracy, 100% and 90%.
    The similarity I was referring to was the fact that those moves only purpose is to inflict a status, which the freeze status has yet to get. I was not referring to the accuracy. -____-

well, dont you think that gf hasnt made it for a reason?

besides which, there is a high possibility that that move would be insta-banned. wasnt there a spore discussion?

@lanik

all flareon needs is flare blitz to really do anything. its special attack is pathetic. give it flare blitz and a scarf and its good to go.

well, dont you think that gf hasnt made it for a reason?

besides which, there is a high possibility that that move would be insta-banned. wasnt there a spore discussion?

all flareon needs is flare blitz to really do anything. its special attack is pathetic. give it flare blitz and a scarf and its good to go.
    95 Special attack is still usable, but it does look like a waste next to its massive Attack. If it had a bigger movepool in general, it'd make a pretty good wallbreaker.

As for a move that inflicts Freeze, I don't think it'll be as bad as you make it out to be. Freeze is very similar to sleep, except if you're unlucky you could be frozen indefinitely(but a quick change to Freeze mechanics solves that). Not to mention that this move will probably get awful distribution like Sleep Powder and Spore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

[/b]@lanik

95 Special attack is pathetic? I don't think so. It's actually a good number of special attack to abuse Overheat with. Although, since everyone is anticipating Flareon with Flare Blitz, that 95 special attack and 65 speed can switch places. I've taken the liberty of posting a speculative change to base stats. Not everyone wants Flareon to remain a slow glass cannon. If you want a different stat distrubution for Flareon, then you have permission to speak.

I wouldn't hand over a scarf to a flareon, but I would teach it Work Up to run a mixed set with Flare Blitz, Shadow Ball and Superpower; that is if the flareon carries Flash Fire and still carries the same old stats. For a Guts Flareon, I would run Detect Protect to activate Guts with a toxic orb. If anything on the team knows Aromatherapy or Heal Bell then Flareon can use Protect to activate Guts more than once. It should know Bite for hitting Chandelure super effectively.

I've created a new move again.

New Move: Role Pass

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 40 / Target: Self / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user switches places with a party Pokemon in waiting, passing along their ability "

- This move is similar to Baton Pass except it only transfers ability to the new Pokemon coming in. So like Say an Azumarill with Huge Power used Role Pass then I switched into a Haxorus, that Haxorus now has Huge Power.

The moves name is a combination of Role Play and Baton Pass, just in case you did not get it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lanik View Post
    95 Special attack is pathetic? I don't think so. It's actually a good number of special attack to abuse Overheat with.
    compared to a base 130 attack, yeah, its kinda pathetic. and the fact that flareon's movepool is very shallow, meaning you only really get lava plume/fire blast/flamethrower/overheat and hidden power. overheat is a terrible move anyway, dropping the equivalent of a nsty plot boost, only negatively. gl hitting anything after that. and a 95 stat is pretty bad. actually, its average.

I've taken the liberty of posting a speculative change to base stats.
    that will never happen....

Not everyone wants Flareon to remain a slow glass cannon.
    yes. because with a base 110 SpD, its a glass cannon. and a useable hp stat too.

If you want a different stat distrubution for Flareon
    no, i dont want that for the simple reason that it will never happen. stats have stayed the same since RBY. the best we can hope for are movepool/ability changes.

then you have permission to speak.
    i really dont like the way you phrased that.

I wouldn't hand over a scarf to a flareon
    why ever not? if its stats were switched, it would need it. at base 65 now, it needs it just to even touch the average minimum speed of the metagame.

Work Up to run a mixed set with Flare Blitz, Bite and Superpower; that is if the flareon carries Flash Fire and still carries the same old stats.
    correct me if im wrong...but uh, mixed? check what you posted.

For a Guts Flareon, I would run Detect Protect to activate Guts with a toxic orb.
    congratulations. you just learned how all guts users function.

[/quote]If anything on the team knows Aromatherapy or Heal Bell then Flareon can use Protect to activate Guts more than once.[/quote]

what is....i dont even...

it cant heal, outside wish, and even then its better off usng its 110 SpD stat to wall. so, no healing means that it would just be wasting heal bell's pp by having/wanting to set up the toxic repeatedly. never mind the fact that without the toxic orb, its just asking for something to spore it, or paralyze it.

It should know Bite for hitting Chandelure super effectively.
    unfortunately, flareon has a pathetic physical movepool. with guts, its options would honestly be limited to: iron tail, fire fang/flare blitz, and bite. :/ yeah. pardon if i missed any. flareon will still suck bad, even with flare blitz. at least with flare blitz it might get a chance at bumping up a tier. i think its nu now. it'll always be outclassed by arcanine, houndour, heatran, etc. in everything it does. leave it to stay at a nu/ru walling niche.

overheat is a terrible move anyway, dropping the equivalent of a nsty plot boost, only negatively. gl hitting anything after that. and a 95 stat is pretty bad. actually, its average.
    Eevee's repertoire doesn't have nasty plot. Don't bring up moves Eevee can't learn. Besides, how do you explain all the overheat Infernapes?

correct me if im wrong...but uh, mixed? check what you posted.
    Sorry, I rushed when I was writing that one bit in my last post so I fixed it up.

w-o-w annoysme with its 75 acc.

spore 100 acc.
    t-wave 100 acc. why not w-o-w?

Flareon should get Outrage, it would make up for all the generations of being denied Flare Blitz.

And would give some nice coverage. Quick Feet as an ability wouldn't hurt either...

New move alert!

New Move: Dragon Crush

Type: / Power: 75 / Accuracy: 95% / PP: 10 / Target: One / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user crushes the foe with enormous force. It may also lower the target's Defense or Special Defense."

-This move is like a Dragon Type Razor Shell and Crush Claw. Except not only does it lower Defense, it lowers Special Defense as well. It has as a 25% chance of lowering the target's Defense stat by one stat level and has a 25% chance of lowering the target's Special Defense stat by one stat level.

...Yes...you would...Making the freeze last 2-4 turns would be changing the mechanics of how freeze works.
    You can compare regular sleep to the sleep induced from Rest. The mechanics of sleep between the two scenarios are vastly different.

And even I don't post that many moves within that short a time frame. :P

New Move: Dragon Armor
    Type: Dragon / Power: -- / Accuracy: -- / PP: 5 / Target: Self / Category: Status / Priority: 0
    "A protective aura envelops the user's team, raising Defense and Sp. Def for five turns."
    - It works like Reflect and Light Screen, in that it stays active for the five turns even if you switch Pokémon. After every turn, the currently one, two, or three active Pokémon's Defense and Sp. Def increase by one stage each.

Already-Posted Move: Allurement
    Type: Grass / Power: -- / Accuracy: -- / PP: 10 / Target: Self / Category: Status / Priority: +9
    "A soothing air draws all effects toward the user. Its chance of failing rises if used in succession."
    - Basically, it's like Follow Me. But notice the extremely high priority. It's a much more complicated move than what its cover would lead you to think.

And I'm surprised there hasn't been any comment on Allurement. I posted it, thinking that you all would have questions, as it's a relatively complicated move, but wow. o_o

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Lanik View Post
    Eevee's repertoire doesn't have nasty plot. Don't bring up moves Eevee can't learn. Besides, how do you explain all the overheat Infernapes?
    do you know competitive? ill answer in 2 parts:

1)i was stating that overheat lowers SpA by 2 stages, a "negative nasty plot", if you will. read carefully or dont read at all.

2) overheat infernape is generally a u-turner. overheat a switch in and u-turn out, thus negating the SpA drops. it can afford to do that.

flareon on the otherhand, cant just keep switching out, being destroyed by stealth rock. a SpD spread with wish/lava plume/ toxic/ filler has always been, and liable to always be, its best set.

@metalflygon: outrage would be a bad move for it. its bad speed, combined with its terrible defense leave it in bad shape. dragon coverage is terrible. only dragons use outrage, and for good reason. you never see snorlax, or gyarados using it, for the sole fact that its a pretty bad move unless you are in the right situation. outrage on flareon would just be another useless move. instead, give it u-turn. a slow switch would help greatly, and make a great partner for scizor. flareon can abuse superpower, u-turn, and quite possible flare blitz, along with flash fire. while we're at it, teach it wild charge.

@Wishing Star What do you think of my new moves Permafrost, Role Pass and Dragon Crush?

The links to them are in my signature if you don't feel like looking, but I think they should all still be on this page.

I personally think if Shedinja was to get Role Pass, That combined with Spiritomb would be abused like hell

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    You can compare regular sleep to the sleep induced from Rest. The mechanics of sleep between the two scenarios are vastly different.
    Only difference is that using Rest is self inflicted and has a set amount of turns out of 1-3 that already exist so the mechanic really did not change much. But adding turns to the amount of time a Pokemon is frozen is basically the sleep status with a different name

New Move: Dragon Armor
    Type: Dragon / Power: -- / Accuracy: -- / PP: 5 / Target: Self / Category: Status / Priority: 0
    "A protective aura envelops the user's team, raising Defense and Sp. Def for five turns."
    - It works like Reflect and Light Screen, in that it stays active for the five turns even if you switch Pokémon. After every turn, the currently one, two, or three active Pokémon's Defense and Sp. Def increase by one stage each.
    So I guess Light Screen and Reflect would be pointless if a move like this actually existed lol

Already-Posted Move: Allurement
    Type: Grass / Power: -- / Accuracy: -- / PP: 10 / Target: Self / Category: Status / Priority: +9
    "A soothing air draws all effects toward the user. Its chance of failing rises if used in succession."
    - Basically, it's like Follow Me. But notice the extremely high priority. It's a much more complicated move than what its cover would lead you to think.

And I'm surprised there hasn't been any comment on Allurement. I posted it, thinking that you all would have questions, as it's a relatively complicated move, but wow. o_o

Mind explaining it for me?

Outrage in my opinion, would be a good move for it to learn (with the new move tutor moves out).

The move that instant freezes...give it 50 accuracy.

Base 95 isn't that bad. It just looks bad with 130 Atk by comparison but it actually isn't that bad. If only they give Flareon a better speed stat...*sigh*.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post15775448 I'm back guys. Kind of. I won't be really active and sorry for any inconvenience I've caused!
        Spoiler:- B2W2:

Help the eggs!

Serebii War Fiction Story

@Wishing Star What do you think of my new moves Permafrost, Role Pass and Dragon Crush?

The links to them are in my signature if you don't feel like looking, but I think they should all still be on this page.
    Yeah, I feel the freeze chance is still a bit too high. The fact that the foe only has a 20% chance of acting in any one turn makes the freeze status extremely deadly. Maybe make it 5 PP or something, or make the accuracy 50%.

I actually really like Role Pass. It's similar enough to Baton Pass to be easy to understand, but not enough so that it's labeled as "uncreative".

As for Dragon Crush, I think it should be a 10% chance for both effects (similar to how Fire Fang can both burn and flinch at those rates). 75 base power is already a lot, eek.
    Oh, and what does "one" mean? I'm assuming it means "single adjacent Pokémon" here. This is important for triple battle purposes.

Only difference is that using Rest is self inflicted and has a set amount of turns out of 1-3 that already exist so the mechanic really did not change much. But adding turns to the amount of time a Pokemon is frozen is basically the sleep status with a different name
    Very true. Although with Rest, there is no way of waking up without the aid of an item or the opponent, whereas with freeze, you can get thawed out really easily with a Fire-type attack or something. And besides, it's not hard to make the move ineffective against Pokémon with Magma Armor and Flame Body; you're not basing the actual ailment on the ability, but rather the move.

So I guess Light Screen and Reflect would be pointless if a move like this actually existed lol
    Not really. Reflect and Light Screen don't actually increase Defense and Sp. Def; they halve damage done by physical and special attacks, respectively. In other words, this stacks with things like Reflect and Marvel Scale, but not with things like Amnesia and Acid Armor.

Mind explaining it for me?
    Sure.

The user of Allurement draws in every effect that occurs within the turn, provided that the effect can affect the user in the first place (in the case of offensive moves). If a Bulbasaur (in the left-most position) uses Allurement, and its ally's Scizor (to its right) uses Protect, the Scizor would protect the Bulbasaur instead. If a Pokémon in the far-left position of the opponent's side uses Mach Punch (which is normally unable to reach Bulbasaur), the Mach Punch will connect to the intended target as normal; however, if the Mach Punch user were directly across from Bulbasaur and the target were Scizor, it would target Bulbasaur (and not hit it, due to Protect).

...Yeah, it's basically like Follow Me, except more effects are drawn in. (:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Chidori__O View Post
    The move that instant freezes...give it 50 accuracy.
    Yeah, I feel the freeze chance is still a bit too high. The fact that the foe only has a 20% chance of acting in any one turn makes the freeze status extremely deadly. Maybe make it 5 PP or something, or make the accuracy 50%.
    I actually like the 50% accuracy fix. Changed.

As for Dragon Crush, I think it should be a 10% chance for both effects (similar to how Fire Fang can both burn and flinch at those rates). 75 base power is already a lot, eek.
    Oh, and what does "one" mean? I'm assuming it means "single adjacent Pokémon" here. This is important for triple battle purposes.
    Eh...10% is too low, remember its the Dragon type equivalent to Crush Claw and Razor Shell. Maybe 20%? And yes I meant one as in single adjacent Pokémon.

Sure.

The user of Allurement draws in every effect that occurs within the turn, provided that the effect can affect the user in the first place (in the case of offensive moves). If a Bulbasaur (in the left-most position) uses Allurement, and its ally's Scizor (to its right) uses Protect, the Scizor would protect the Bulbasaur instead. If a Pokémon in the far-left position of the opponent's side uses Mach Punch (which is normally unable to reach Bulbasaur), the Mach Punch will connect to the intended target as normal; however, if the Mach Punch user were directly across from Bulbasaur and the target were Scizor, it would target Bulbasaur (and not hit it, due to Protect).

...Yeah, it's basically like Follow Me, except more effects are drawn in. (:
    I like, I like. But still very confusing lol

Quote Originally Posted by cooloolcool View Post
    Just curious, who would get Metal Spikes?
    I haven't really thought of that, but less than the distribution of Spikes. Ferro definitely gets it. I'm not sure about Forry, and probably not Skarm.
    the usual, ferro, forry.

neutral room sounds like a neat gimmick. would it affect stealth rocks? to clarify, ill give the situation:

Spoiler:- situation:

is it a ohko?
    Stealth Rocks does x1 damage instead of x4 during Neutral Room. But if this happened, Stealth Rock might be broken in Power Room...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanitarium View Post
    Its pretty much a GG when you're done with laying up 3 layer of these, spikes, SR, and Toxic spikes for additional poison damage lol.
    just for fun, Its gonna get be "cleared" or "absorbed" immediately by magnet pull users.
    If you've used hazards, you'd know it's pretty hard to get up 3 layers of Spikes the whole game. But I can see your point. All of those combined would do 70% damage to a neutral Pokémon. Perhaps a new clause of some sort?
    New Move: Transpose
    Type: Psychic / Power: -- / Accuracy: -- / PP: 5 / Target: All / Category: Status / Priority: 0
    "A psychic power swaps the presence of Spikes and Stealth Rock between friend and foe."
    - Also swaps Toxic Spikes and the other entry hazards that you guys are talking about. For example, if your foe have one layer of Spikes on your side and you has two layers of Spikes, one layer of Toxic Spikes, and Rocks up, use Transpose and you'll get the one layer of Spikes, and your foe will have those two layers of Spikes, one layer of Toxic Spikes, and Rocks. (:
    This is interesting. +1

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    Stealth Rocks does x1 damage instead of x4 during Neutral Room. But if this happened, Stealth Rock might be broken in Power Room...
    oops, lol. meant power room. whichever doubles the effectiveness.

Page 9 of 88 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast