Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you intended to watch the Pokemon anime forever?

Default Do you intended to watch the Pokemon anime forever?

I just feel like asking this question when I had read so many post on the Pokemon Anime section.

Pokemon anime had already lasted for 16 years, yet Ash Ketchum is going nowhere, not even any closer to his goal of being a Pokemon Master. We don't know when he will reach his dream (Probably another 20 years or so...?), nor even will he ever reach his dream.

We as the audience are unlike Ash, we will grow and we will age. Many of the old fans already dropped out somewhere passes Johto, even more in middle of DP and beginning of BW.

So I'm asking the ones who still watching the anime, do you intended to watch it until the day this anime end, so it is probably the day Ash become a Pokemon Master, or may be at the point he finish the XY Kalos League, or somewhere beyond? Or just wanted to drop out somewhere in between?

Because the Pokemon anime announced already that it (probably) will go on as long as GF continues to produce new Pokemon games. So we will never knew when will Ash's journey be finish. You as the Pokemon anime fans, are you prepared?
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこに始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち

I still just sort follow the anime and watch the dub when I get the chance, and will probably always do that. And ash reaching his goal won't happen until the end of the anime, which won't be until the games are done.....so that could be like 100 years or longer.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

If Ash shows at least 1% of development I will be around for gen 7. The moment I feel like his development(which was slow as molasses to begin with) becomes completely stagnant in gen 6, then I'll write my fanfics and satisfy myself with it. I watch this show only for Ash. I don't care much for the new Pokemon(I play the games and competitive battling for that) but I do have a soft spot for the new ladies, but I am still a hard-core Satoshi and Rica Matsumoto fan.

They have progressively improved him from gen 1 to gen 4, and I am one of those who don't think he regressed n gen 5. So I am looking forward for some improvement in gen 6
    Last edited by Alfred the Second; 25th June 2013 at 9:05 PM.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

I used to watch the new episodes every week up until he beginning of b/w because I didn't really like the changes that they made compared from D/P. I still watch the important episodes (gym battles, tournaments, the ones that appeal to me etc.) but I'm not as into it as I was with AG/DP.

I haven't been keeping up with newer episodes, so I don't intend to watch it religiously, but I do plan to watch as many episodes as I can find sometime in the next few years. I don't see myself catching up-to-date, of course, but I am willing to watch all the episodes over a period of time. That's the only intention I have with the anime at this point.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Hmm, probably not. I watch the anime occasionally, usually when I know that my favorite character will appear, but I don't plan on continuing to watch forever. I mean it's already bad enough that little to no progress is ever made in terms of Ash's goal, and that the plot is paper-thin most of the time imo; do you think I'd want to watch the same thing over and over again for the rest of my life? No thanks. I'm only here for some episodes, not the whole anime. :x

I ceased watching it with BW069 (hmm) but recently attempted to return to the series when the Episode N arc aired. I found the first few episodes to be tolerable, but my interest wasn't held for too long. I'll probably see what BW's final episode is like and I might give the XY saga a chance.

If the anime still goes on another 10 years, then no, probably not.

I did watch every episode from Kanto to the end of DP at least. Best Wishes is the first time I'm only watching the important episodes and not the fillers. Not sure if I'll keep up with the X and Y saga.

It probably depends how long it goes on for. It's easy to say I'll watch it until old age if it's on that long, but I don't know how much in my life will change from now until then. I'm pretty sure I'll watch the anime for at least 10 more years though and hopefully in that 10 years, Ash's and TR's stories both get wrapped up, but I'm not holding my breath.

I probably will. Even if XY and all others gens will be written exactly like DP, I would still keep watching the show. As much as I disliked DP, it still had some good things that made me keep watching it. The future will probably be the same.

If XY doesn't have Serena or Shauna as the new girl, then no I'll drop the anime right then and there for forever. I recently dropped the anime due to the new BW2: DA! series because it doesn't interest me at all. It's the 3rd time I dropped the BW anime tbh due to this series being so disappointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

No. The sidekick and co-star characters pretty much determine whether I'm going to watch or not. And with secondary quest gone and not likely to return, there is very little reason for me to stay on. I've been watching since the S.S. Anne episode and while I have taken many "vacations" from the series in the past this one is looking more and more final. It will be hard to get back into the show for me now as I've lost interest in the main objective of the series.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

For me, it's really going to depend on what they do with X/Y. If it's like AG/DP then I'll stay for it. The only possible exception would be if they keep Iris and Cilan, and only because I'd be worried about them turning it back into a BW-like season. If it stays like BW, then I'll likely leave. Still, if it's more like the first fifty episodes of Best Wishes, I may stay. Best Wishes started off strong. It's the middle part (particularly the Elesa and Roxie battles), PWC Junior Tournament, and Unova League that were terrible, in my opinion.
    Team Rocket will pay for their crimes.

I still will but as Mew2 said it depends on what they do when they make the new season. I hope it follows the same story line as DP or at least some parts. But the pokemon series may go one forever.

Will I watch EVERY episode, most likely not, but I'm willing to try with the upcoming XY anime at least until it pisses me off, like Best Wishes has, on so many occasions.

But I don't think I can just stop not knowing things about the anime, so I'll still be a part of the franchise.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I have watched every episode since Gen 1 up to the one that premiered on Thursday.

I will continue to watch anime until I draw my last breath. Even if Pokemon doesn't produce no new episodes I will continue to watch the reruns. I'm one of the few who won't quit.
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!

FC: 4871-3995-3493 - Pokemon Y IGN: Maria
    Steel Safari Pokemon: Magneton Skarmory, and Excadrill

I just caught up with Black and White, but I will of course keep watching the anime! Can't wait for Kalos!

Most likely. I just hope XY isn't as disappointing as Best Wishes

Yes. It'd be a waste of the majority of my life if I just stopped.

It was one of my first anime back when it started so dare I say it Yes, I'll be watching to the end
    I'm back and with a 3DS friend code if you want to add me: 5026 4445 5102

since my love for pokemon series is bigger then my hate for funny repetitive TR Comedy so yes i'm gonna watch it
    Welcome Gen VI

PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

I'm not watching anything until I see my faves.

Probably not. I've watched all 750+ eps at least once so far, and I don't really care for the newer seasons all the much: they have little to no replay value for me. Getting through them once is an accomplishment for me.

TPCi's dub still pisses me off and it's been like 300+ eps of their dub already, add to that the constant replacing of characters and BGM, coupled with the resetting of Ash and TRio's running gag getting old fast, and the show is nearly unbearable to watch for me in its recent years.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 10th July 2013 at 6:12 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Nope, I don't even know if I'll still be into it in a few years. Not only will I be too busy with life, but there's nothing I'm looking forward to. As stated above, I'm just waiting for it to be put to rest.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

I will be watching to the end. Why? Just that, I want to make it all the way. I want to see where it all ends up, and I want to be able to watch the lot starting from square one.
    {Insert signature here}

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast