View Poll Results: Which Pokemon got the worst treatment by the writers?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ash's Pidgeotto/Pidgeot

14 14.58%
  • Ash's Kingler, Tauros, and Muk

27 28.13%
  • Ash's Torkoal and Torterra

12 12.50%
  • Ash's Gible and Dawn's Togekiss

3 3.13%
  • Misty's Starmie and Horsea

3 3.13%
  • Misty's Goldeen

11 11.46%
  • Misty's Togepi/Togetic

5 5.21%
  • Brock's Geodude and Onix

3 3.13%
  • Jessie's Lickitung

7 7.29%
  • Other (specify)

11 11.46%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which Pokemon got the worst treatment by the writers?

I would say Porygon got the worst treatment, but we all know how that happened...
    Also, Dawn's Piplup from Sinnoh. Whatever happened to the rivalry with Chimchar from the lab? Whatever happened to it's evolution problem? Even in Unova it hasn;t made any improvements.

Hi, I'm Lewis and I do Smash Bros and Nintendo Content for YouTube! UK Melee/Project M/Smash 4 Player.

Speedruns:

Spoiler:- ILs (Individual Levels):

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonOwn View Post
    I would say Porygon got the worst treatment, but we all know how that happened...
    Also, Dawn's Piplup from Sinnoh. Whatever happened to the rivalry with Chimchar from the lab? Whatever happened to it's evolution problem? Even in Unova it hasn;t made any improvements.
    I agree with Porygon. Even since the seizer thing, it seems like the most shafted Pokemon of the whole franchise. I mean look at how little the other two evolutions have been shown. I haven't even seen any Porygon plusies since early OS.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I feel most of Misty/Brock/Tracey's Pokemon didn't get much screentime. Blame the OS for being so heavily focused on Ash and leaving his friends very little battle screentime.

Its quite telling that when people rewatch the OS they actually realize how little you see Misty/Brock's Pokemon in battle. Tracey too, I think the guy only had like 2 proper battles when he was on the main cast.
    I agree with you pal, they focused way too much on Ash back then. That's why Misty, Brock and Tracey's Pokemon back then had very little appearances or battle skills.

Some Pokemon I think were badly treated by the writers:

Ash
    - Palpitoad: Little-to-no screen time. Was only used for battles.
    - Boldore: Again, not much appearances.
    - Leavanny: Same as above.
    - Gible: Caught too late, was used in the League though.
    - Torterra: Why did he get so bad after evolving? No victories in any battle as a Torterra.
    - Muk: Again, not much appearances and most of the time he hugs Professor Oak
    - Tauros: Not only was their capture episode skipped in the dub, but also they hardly got any victories. And then again, Ash apparently only uses one of them.
    - Pidgeot: Ash said he'd come back for it and it never happened.
    - Kingler: Probably holds the record for least screentime out of any Ash Pokemon
    - Totodile: The only thing he did was that dance thing, he also didn't battle much despite being a starter.
    - Glalie: Little-to-no development

Misty
    - Goldeen: Failed a lot outside of water
    - Starmie: Lost too many battles
    - Corsola: Caught too late
    - Psyduck: Was only there for comedy relief purposes
    - Horsea: Did absolutely NOTHING.

Brock
    - Crobat: Evolved quickly but never seen much
    - Chansey: Evolved just before Brock left the series, therefore not much appearances after evolving.
    - Geodude: Little-to-no appearances

Tracey
    - All of his Pokemon.

May
    - Glaceon: Obtained too late, not much success as an Eevee
    - Venusaur: Only got like less than a minute shown as Venusaur, never seen as Ivysaur

Dawn
    - Togekiss: Obtained too late, used in Grand Festival though
    - Ambipom: Traded to Dawn only to get released for a career change in Ping Pong
    - Quilava: Evolution episode was skipped in the dub (Japan-only special)

Cilan
    - Stunfisk: Little-to-no appearances

Iris
    - Excadrill: Been absent from most recent episodes

I can't say who has received the worst treatment, but there are some who got treated badly at some point.

Kanto:

Pidgeotto/Pidgeot- Never got a league battle or if it did, it wasn't on screen.

Johto-

Totodile- Never got a gym win. And didn't evolve.
    Cyndaquil- Was robbed of an evolution (although that was fixed 10 years later). And the only league win it received was a blink and miss Exeggutor
    Noctowl- Never got a league win.

Hoenn-

Torkoal- Horrible battling record overall. Every other Pokemon was decent.

Sinnoh-

Gliscor- Lack of battles. It only ever had at most six battles before the league, and had very few wins. Bastiodon and Drapion and a tie with Barry's Roserade is kind of pathetic really.

Torterra- As a Torterra, it never got a win.

Unova-

Currently?

Palpitoad- Other Pokemon got horribly screwed over from screen time and lack of battles, like Pidove, Sewaddle, Swadloon, Roggenrola, etc. But Palpitoad had it worse. It never showed in an episode that was about an official battle. And there was a huge 31 episode gap appearance. Horrible.

Snivy- Snivy comes off as the worst starter, despite the best personality of the three. She doesn't get very many battles and wins. Oshawott's getting there, but has plenty of screen time to make up for it. Quite frankly Tepig/Pignite is the favored starter, which is ridiculous.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 7th August 2012 at 9:27 PM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Hoenn-

Noctowl- Horrible battling record overall. Every other Pokemon was decent.
    Noctowl?
    10charslimit

To me; Easily Iris' Dragonite...I don't need to get into why, just fan re-actions in genneral is proof that he's not the best writen character, if you ask me.

Hopefully that post didn't sound like a character bash (that wasn't my intention this time, though, I did want to state my uneasiness about him/the way fans are acting. but hopefully it's been stated a lot more calmly/acceptably now...).
    Riku from kingdom hearts is so hot :P

^ rawr :P ITS A LION ADD THING. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Trioxhydre View Post
    To me; Easily Iris' Dragonite...I don't need to get into why, just fan re-actions in genneral is proof that he's not the best writen character, if you ask me.

Hopefully that post didn't sound like a character bash (that wasn't my intention this time, though, I did want to state my uneasiness about him/the way fans are acting. but hopefully it's been stated a lot more calmly/acceptably now...).
    Dragonite has been around for 2 episodes, it's not enough time to say he's not well written in my opinion

^ Poster above me is right.....I just know i'm rather annoyed by how people are acting over the Pokemon. :-/ But I guess I was still over reacting a bit...

There's defenetly improvement time.

So i'll end this post with that. :P

I'd say Ash's taillow. It was rarely used except as the main flying type use. Then, out of nowhere, it evolved and became this amazing OP swellow, that could survive a battle with TR, multiple attacks from both of Liza and Tate's pokemon, as well as 2 of pikachu's thunder while still looking completely refreshed and energized.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Noctowl?
    10charslimit
    I meant Torkoal, I don't know why I said Noctowl, other then it was the last Pokemon I put down.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I meant Torkoal, I don't know why I said Noctowl, other then it was the last Pokemon I put down.
    Oh okay hahahahah xD
    Then yeah I definitely agree with you xD

i dont even remember muk making an appearance other then raping prof oak on the poke calls...

[IMG]http://i44.*******.com/2a8i3pl.png[/IMG]
    Credit to mew for the banner!

I feel Taillow's personality was kind of brushed off after his intro ep....I kind of really liked his tough spirit there. I dunno. They could of made him a bit......bruter?

Ash's Palpitoad, he sucks.

Palpitoad doesn't suck.

Okay, I think I've made my point.

Primeape, definitely. It only got 2 episodes, and then Ash gave him up, which Primeape clearly did NOT like. Not to mention, it's been 15 years, and we haven't seen him again!

Ash's Torterra: It never won a battle since it evolved.
        Spoiler:- Favourite Pokemon:

I chose, "Ash's Pidgeotto/Pidgeot" because he looked well trained and all but he was never really focused on in any episodes, he just battled and won or lost that's it. Only his last appearance was focused on him and that was when he was released but he was still a good pokemon.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Ash's Pidgeotto. Go! Pop that Balloon! Good job! That was basically it. I'm not saying it never got any battles, but it was usually just Team Rocket. I did love, however, his OHKO Double Edge against Rhyhorn (iirc). Also, when it evolved it was immediately released and forgotten about. Every single time he's been to Kanto, he never even had a thought as to at least visit it.

Misty's Togetic, there was no need to release it at all, but the writers had to make that arc just to release Togetic... Togetic should've stayed with Misty, Togetic leaving Misty is just as bad as if Ash would release Pikachu...

Ash's Pidgeot. Ash made Pidgeot a promise to come back, but never kept that promise. I think what Ash did is unforgivable and unacceptable!

Why would that be anything like releasing Pikachu? Togepi is just a random pokemon Misty caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Why would that be anything like releasing Pikachu? Togepi is just a random pokemon Misty caught.
    what's funnier is that she didn't even catch it xD

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi101 View Post
    Primeape, definitely. It only got 2 episodes, and then Ash gave him up, which Primeape clearly did NOT like. Not to mention, it's been 15 years, and we haven't seen him again!
    Totally agree with you, although with its last cameo in Oak's ranch in the last op, writers may make it come back in a near future.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Alder's Volcarona
    Pokemon Black FC: 5458 0929 9006

What about it?

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    Misty's Togetic, there was no need to release it at all, but the writers had to make that arc just to release Togetic... Togetic should've stayed with Misty, Togetic leaving Misty is just as bad as if Ash would release Pikachu...

Ash's Pidgeot. Ash made Pidgeot a promise to come back, but never kept that promise. I think what Ash did is unforgivable and unacceptable!
    I agree with everything you said, releasing Togetic wasn't right!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast