Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Community POTW #82

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Eh, I am not feeling in the mood for more puns, Blue Harvest will have to surprise me with shrimp/prawn puns to use in the future=p

Back on topic, Could some Bulky Tangela variants counter it? Never used Tangela in NU much but I thought it would be something to mention. Already mention Bold Weezing with WoW and Clear Smog.
    It can take on tangela with a choice band/ sword dance boost + STAB x-scissor

puns:
    prawn cocktail (if anyone can find a decent mixed set)
    The monster of morecambe bay(choice band set. Morecambe, in the UK, is famous for shrimp)

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    (if anyone can find a decent mixed set)
    Problem is, Armaldo has little choices outside of Water Pulse and a couple moves I forgot to mention which all suck, Armaldo isn't one you want to go mix.

Problem is, Armaldo has little choices outside of Water Pulse and a couple moves I forgot to mention which all suck, Armaldo isn't one you want to go mix.
    Water Pulse, Round, Hidden Power, Flash Cannon, and Earth Power. While they don't suck on their own, Armaldo's Below-Average Base 70 Sp.Atk is pitiful next to its godly Base 125 Attack Stat. If you're planning on using Armaldo as a Supporter for some insane reason, you could use Struggle Bug and/or Mud-Slap, I guess...but why waste that delicious Attack Stat?
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraleck View Post
    Water Pulse, Round, Hidden Power, Flash Cannon, and Earth Power. While they don't suck on their own, Armaldo's Below-Average Base 70 Sp.Atk is pitiful next to its godly Base 125 Attack Stat. If you're planning on using Armaldo as a Supporter for some insane reason, you could use Struggle Bug and/or Mud-Slap, I guess...but why waste that delicious Attack Stat?
    Struggle Bug is also the only STAB special move he gets too, and Supp-aldo(shut up with the name) works as well due to having rocks and Rapid Spin as well which helps in in Sandstorm.

Pun examples:
    "I'll slip an extra shrimp on the barbie for you"
    It's so tough to make prawns based on shrimps
    These prawns are so annoying
    Prawn to disaster
    Prawn to error
    I claim Flygon, the super awesome Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanusX View Post
    Pun examples:
    It's so tough to make prawns based on shrimps
    I am kind of prawn with that pun^^ Just don't make your kids watch prawnography and you should be find as long as your not shellfish(shrimp are related to them)!

the major pun for this guy must be Surf and turf (wit earthquake and aqua tail)

the major pun for this guy must be Surf and turf (wit earthquake and aqua tail)
    That actually is decent, though if it had Surf and 130 sp attack as well with STAB, then yes, but for now I am watching prawnography:9

VS

Armaldo is not a prawn.

Anorith is based off Anomalocaris (its not a Trilobite)
    Armaldo is sort of like Kabutops, in that it isn't really based off anything except a more evolved, scarier version of its previous form.

Armaldo is not a prawn.

Anorith is based off Anomalocaris (its not a Trilobite)
    Armaldo is sort of like Kabutops, in that it isn't really based off anything except a more evolved, scarier version of its previous form.
    [/QUOTE]
    What? darn it, but then what, is it still related to a Shellfish, cause puns with Shellfish are all I could think of:9 Besides Wikipedia isn't the most credible source of evidence.
    Last edited by Dragalge; 28th July 2012 at 4:57 AM.

Personal Moveset
    Ability: Battle Armor
    Item: Muscle Band/Scope Lens
    Adamant w/ 252 Attack, 84 Defense, 84 Sp Defense, 90 HP
    X-scissor
    Stone Edge/Rock Slide/Smack Down
    Earthquake/Brick Break/Superpower
    Metal Claw/Hone Claws/Aqua Tail

Partners:
    Sandstorm-users
    Trick Room-users for Armaldo's low speed

Countering:
    High Defense and Sp Attack pokemon with Special Water/Rock/Steel-type moves like Hydro Pump/Cannon, Muddy Water, Scald, Power Gem, Ancientpower, Flash Cannon, and Brine. Examples include Omastar, Carracosta, Magnezone, Kingdra, Metagross, Empoleon, Blastoise, Wash Rotom, and Gorebyss.
    Last edited by sbktdreed; 28th July 2012 at 12:37 PM.
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.

OK since BH proved me wrong about Armaldo not related to a prawn, I guess I will"cough make more puns cough":

You ate all the shrimp? That's so shellfish!
    I ain't Jamba-lyin.
    Batter not be shellfish(battered shrimp)

OK I tried to make good ones but they are batter than nothing I guess

OK since BH proved me wrong about Armaldo not related to a prawn, I guess I will"cough make more puns cough":

You ate all the shrimp? That's so shellfish!
    I ain't Jamba-lyin.
    Batter not be shellfish(battered shrimp)

OK I tried to make good ones but they are batter than nothing I guess
    I read the Wikipedia page and it said (quoting): "thought to be closely related to the arthopods" and a class of arthopods are malacosraca which includes shrimp.(all this from the website given by BH) so shrimp puns should be acceptable.

I read the Wikipedia page and it said (quoting): "thought to be closely related to the arthopods" and a class of arthopods are malacosraca which includes shrimp.(all this from the website given by BH) so shrimp puns should be acceptable.
    It is a shrimp, but BH said Armaldo is nothing related except a more scarier evo then Anorith who is an abnormal shrimp(might edit this in case I misread it). And she is right, a prawn is similar to a shrimp but they aren't related and don't brood their eggs, instead just basically releasing all the eggs directly instead.

You guys can use prawn puns if you want haha. I seriously doubt many people who read the POTW will be as particular about it as I was.

0_0 BH you scared me their...............SIKE! Thanks for the heads up^^

Eh I can't think of no more prawn puns anyway besides prawnography.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    You guys can use prawn puns if you want haha. I seriously doubt many people who read the POTW will be as particular about it as I was.
    haha very funny =] (so happy)

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    We're not conducted by Smogon rules to the point where we don't even bother with discussion of possibilities. Our main focus is to give players tips they can use in both competitive stuff online and in the VGC
    Well, that's the official site statement.

I write the POTW well aware that probably 95% of people play by Smogon tiers including those at Serebii (like myself). I write it with Smogon tiers and clauses in mind but I still try to mention other server / website / play-styles like Video Game Championships, random Wifi and Pokemon Online tiers.

I know! We can give armaldo a pun from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2! I hope you guys are reading this!
    a. "Armaldo, the mentor of the Legendary Guildmaster Wigglytuff"
    b. "Armaldo the outlaw"
    c. "Armaldo, the unlucky Guinea pig" (Fun fact: he kept falling from the trap in every dungeon during the cutscenes while Igglybuff gets the treasure unscathed.
    d. "Armaldo the Atoner"

in most cases, you want to give Armaldo a good boost on attack for your physical Attacks like Stone Edge and X scisscor. Defense as well. But you can add some SP defense if it is joining a sandstorm team.

Weakness: Use Special attacks minus Psyshock (which uses its SP attack against the opponents Physical defense). Scald users are its biggest fears.
    Last edited by jireh the provider; 29th July 2012 at 2:31 PM. Reason: had to give movesets
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123