Page 1 of 694 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Default Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

We're going to run out of roman numerals one of these days, but today is not that day. Also, not an actual arena. Please do not don your gladiator uniforms.

This thread is for team speculation for the main cast(including Ash, Iris, Cilan, their rivals, and Team Rocket), recurring characters, and important characters in general. You can speculate what Pokemon they're going to catch, release, or give away, and what their teams will be by the end of Unova. This is also the place to speculate about which Pokemon will evolve.

This is not a thread to speculate about the one or two Pokemon a generic character of the day will have, because a)that's usually fairly obvious anyway, and b)nobody will ever care about that character again once their episode has passed. Keep this kind of thing in the appropriate episode speculation thread.

Ground Rules:
    -Your opinions are not facts. Acting like they are and then getting mad when people disagree with you will not be looked upon favorably. Remember this is all speculation, so although some things may seem very, very obvious to you or to certain other people, there will always be room to disagree(until specific captures and evolutions are confirmed, anyway).
    -All SPPf rules apply. Forgetting that and starting flamewars over whose completely unfounded speculation is the best, making no-content posts, etc. is an excellent way to rack up some infraction points.
    -Of course, you wouldn't be posting completely unfounded capture speculation anyway - you have to post reasons for your speculations. I'll admit that this rule gets forgotten a lot, but for the sake of keeping discussion at least semi-intelligent, always try to include reasons along with your speculations.
    -If you see people dragging this thread into a long, tiresome, flame-engulfed argument between themselves, please either report the posts in question or contact me and/or Sushi and/or Encylopika directly.
    -This really isn't the place to argue about how much longer Unova will go on for. Such discussions rarely go well in the first place, but at least keep them out of this thread.
    -See that forum directory at the top of the page? "Serebii.Net Forums > Anime & Manga > Pokémon Anime Discussion > Anime Spoilers"? Yeah, that. This is the Spoilers forum, and you should consider everyone's current teams in Japan when posting speculation. If you only know the current dub teams, don't post here.
    -tl;dr: Keep things civil. Think before you post. Now go forth and make many posts about teams.
    Last edited by Juputoru; 23rd July 2012 at 2:43 AM.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

1st post! so I'll start with a question:

SHOULD AXEW EVOLVE?

I think it should, but toward the end of her run on the cast, I'd let it come back a haxorus in Gen 6
    C+ Grade PASBL Ref

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    I've been gone from Serebii for over 4 months already and this is by far the best team to grace the barren wastelands of Serebii's Competitive section. Let its creation be known throughout the land. Kings will hold grand feasts to commemorate its conception. All wars will end. The eyes of children will finally be opened to the truth of MMS.
    Creds for the cute ub to my bby Turpoo <3

Could we possibly ban Oshawott discussion? It seems like 99% of the arguments here stem from Ash's Oshawott, so maybe if we made it against the rules to discuss him, we could cut down on flame wars and such? All I know is that the Oshawott evolution debates are redundant since nobody but the writers/producers know if/when he'll evolve.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Could we possibly ban Oshawott discussion? It seems like 99% of the arguments here stem from Ash's Oshawott, so maybe if we made it against the rules to discuss him, we could cut down on flame wars and such? All I know is that the Oshawott evolution debates are redundant since nobody but the writers/producers know if/when he'll evolve.
    I personally think that that's a good idea, and that his line for ash shall only be mentioned in predictions, not in arguments. Save us a lot of trouble. and a few bans for people
    C+ Grade PASBL Ref

I've been gone from Serebii for over 4 months already and this is by far the best team to grace the barren wastelands of Serebii's Competitive section. Let its creation be known throughout the land. Kings will hold grand feasts to commemorate its conception. All wars will end. The eyes of children will finally be opened to the truth of MMS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Snorlax View Post

SHOULD AXEW EVOLVE?

I think it should, but toward the end of her run on the cast, I'd let it come back a haxorus in Gen 6
    I want Axew to evolve, but I doubt it won't until the last couple of episodes of BW. A Fraxure can't reside in Iris's hair unfortunately, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    I'm of the opinion that if people want to discuss a possible Oshawott evolution, then they should be able to as long as they're respectful. If not here, then where?

Quote Originally Posted by I am Lu View Post
    I want Axew to evolve, but I doubt it won't until the last couple of episodes of BW. A Fraxure can't reside in Iris's hair unfortunately, haha.

I'm of the opinion that if people want to discuss a possible Oshawott evolution, then they should be able to as long as they're respectful. If not here, then where?
    VMs, so this new thread is filled with hate xD
    C+ Grade PASBL Ref

Oh. 1st page of the refreshed thread ^_^.

SHOULD AXEW EVOLVE?

YES! I really hope Axew evolves. It should! Iris is a dragon master + Axew always wanted to evolve into its final form which was revealed in one of the first few episodes. Also, I always had a dream where Axew & Scraggy are in a double battle but they are both struggling. Then they BOTH end up evolving and winning the battle. That would be epic. Hopefully the writers have something similar in mind...
    Last edited by Zya; 24th September 2012 at 5:58 AM.

its part of ash's team it should be allowed to be spoken about if a flame war starts report them. I think Oshawott should evolve to at least dewott just because of the fact it seems like such an Ash pokemon it just seems to really fit him. It seems unlikely for him to get Dewott due to it learning hydro pump though. The only thing i want to evolve other then osha is paliptoad but that would just be bad writing if it evolves. It doesn't really have much character to it. It has only shown any personality in the episode caught then hasn't been seen doing anything but battling since. that isn't confirmed already anyway. I'm indiffernt for pignite evolving we already saw inferape so I'm ok with it not evolving
    50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise)...

Alright. Good to know that just posting sprites with no reasoning isn't allowed. I bet you people won't post reasons & just make your posts all cute & stuff.-__- But yes Axew should evolve & will most likely.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

I'll spread them out I guess.

By the end of the "Dawn/Junior Cup/Meloetta "saga"
    Ash

As seen in the opening.
    No real changes except for Leavanny learning a move and Krokorok evolving in the Junior Cup. Meloetta has to leave to guard the Abundant Shrine or something.

Iris

Iris still can't handle Dragonite's competitive spirit. Will take a long time.

Cilan

Catches a Rufflet after the Junior Cup. It's very clumsy so Cilan has trouble bonding with it as it gets annoyed with his Tasting Time.

After the plot and just right before the league

Oshawott evolves after Piplup leaves and learns Ice Beam upon evolving. He still pops up from his pokeball but instead of being wacky, he starts meditating and training.

Snivy evolves when they encounter her old trainer. It was a snobby girly girl that blamed Snivy for every loss. Evolves against the girl's Lilligant. Ash also trains Servine to learn Aqua Tail.

Ash catches a Solosis who is really attached to him, Solosis evolves quickly after being caught while still keeping its overly attached personality.

Ash's Dewott evolves during the league and faces off against Trip's Serperior.

Iris

Axew evolves and helps along with Drayden to help Iris control Dragonite. Iris also helps teach Emolga a flying type move. Fraxure has to learn who to deal with just walking out instead of being in Iris' hair or being in a pokeball. keeps his playful personality. Acts more like a big brother to Scraggy.

Cilan

Nothing much changed. Cilan gets help getting over his Purrloin fear from Burgundy who reaches B-Rank (takes the exam) after learning from helping Cilan. She develops a minor crush on Cilan.

After the League- to the end
    N wins the league and the events of BW take place. Ash befriends Zekrom and N Reshiram and they battle them. this part of Best Wishes 2 deals with Ash and co. going through out the region to defeat (BW) Team Plasma and Team Rocket. The TR vs TP has been retconned to take place here as they reach Desert Resort. After the League, they visit Black City, White Forest, Sangi Town, Aspertia City, etc. Ash's goal is also to train for the Senior Cup, where some of the older Gym Leaders show up. This tourney is Invite Only. He is invited by Alder and Cynthia. Ash rotates his older pokemon as well. I'll only post evolutions and captures.

Ash

Evolutions

Captures

*Very late capture, to bring to Gen 6*

Palpitoad evolves verses a Team Plasma Sage.
    Duosion evolves in White Forest.
    Croconaw evolves in a Water Type Tournament hosted by Merlon and Don George in an anime only location.
    Gible evolves vs Iris' Fraxure.

Iris

Aron is her last capture. Very timid.
    Others don't really change. Fraxure evolves in her last episode, she then goes on to become Drayden's apprentice.

Cilan

Chili and Cress show up with Leaf, Water, and Fire stones so that they can evolve their monkeys at the same time.
    Cilan's Rufflet evolves and gains a love interest in Ash's Unfezant.
    Cilan gets a Mudkip from Professor Birch who visits Unova.
    Cilan fails his S-Rank Connoisseur exam and decides to continue traveling with Ash and takes up Contests (Inspired by Dawn) after hearing they are known in the next region. He intends to develop Coordinator skills so he can hopefully increase his Connoisseur skills to reach S-Rank.
    Last edited by _Taidow_; 23rd July 2012 at 3:40 AM.

Random : PokéRadar

Why do they close the other thread?

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    Why do they close the other thread?
    too many replies
    Let there be rock

My teams

1. Charizard, Pidgeot, Alakazam, Dragonite, Snorlax and Arcanine

2 Typhlosion, Houndoom, Scisor, Tyranitar, Umbreon and Espeon

3. Sceptile, Salamence, Absol, Flygon, Metagross and Milotic

4 Infernape, Staraptor, Garchomp, Electivire, Lucario and Toxicroak

5. Samurott, Zoroark, Braviary, Krookodile, Hydreigon and Eelektross

white fc : 1592 - 4330 - 4426

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai619 View Post
    too many replies
    Thanks Darkrai, you rock!!

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    Thanks Darkrai, you rock!!
    notta prob happy to help
    Let there be rock

My teams

i personally would like for ash to evolve all his pokemon before even capturing new ones....but that's my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Zya View Post
    Oh. 1st page of the refreshed thread ^_^.

YES! I really hope Axew evolves. It should! Iris is a dragon master + Axew always wanted to evolve into its final form which was revealed in one of the first few episodes. Also, I always had a dream where Axew & Scraggy are in a double battle but they are both struggling vs Draven and another trainer. But they BOTH end up evolving and winning the battle. This would be epic. Hopefully the writers have something similar in mind...
    Nop. It would be better to see Ash battling Iris and in an epic climax both of them evolve while confronting each other.

I have a feeling Ash will do something that he has never done before and catch Meloetta. I know it's bold, but since the Team Rocket involves both Meloetta and The three sky spirits in Thundurus, Tornadus and Landorus. Since Meloetta is essential for having the three sky spirits change form, Ash will keep her under his care and utilize her against Team Rocket and prove that he can control a legendary pokemon and be Meloetta's supposed savior if you will.

By the end of the plot Meloetta will stay with Ash, Krookodile learns Outrage/Foul Play upon evolution, Snivy and Scraggy will evolve. Catches Riolu

Iris catches Dragonite but Dragonite will learn to obey Iris with Drayden providing some expertise. Axew will evolve in the last battle against Goergia.

Cilan catches a shiny Volbeat and Illumise. and contiues along with Ash to continue becoming an S-Class Connisueur (hoping I spelled it right )
    Let there be rock

My teams

SHOULD AXEW EVOLVE?

I think he should evolve. He's probably the weakest pokemon on the main cast

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I think he should evolve. He's probably the weakest pokemon on the main cast
    Don't hold your breath, we'd be lucky to see a Onondo/Fracture by the time Iris leaves the cast........

Edit: Ah, yes, let's not forget the required reason for the speculation, well, Kibago's development seems to be mirroring the development of his forefather, Haruka's Bursyamo.
    Last edited by Banana Knight Arthur; 23rd July 2012 at 5:43 AM.

Axew has no reason to evolve now that Iris has Dragonite. He'll be serving the purpose as Iris's fully evolved Dragon and Axew will remain her cute baby dragon.

The dream excuse is getting old. It hasn't been mentioned since that one episode in early BW, so I'm betting the writers changed their minds about Axew evolving.

Oshawott and Axew are the mascots for Ash and Iris respectively, and I don't see an evolution coming out of either of them.
    Last edited by HatersGonnaHate; 23rd July 2012 at 5:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I'll spread them out I guess.

By the end of the "Dawn/Junior Cup/Meloetta "saga"
    Ash

As seen in the opening.
    No real changes except for Leavanny learning a move and Krokorok evolving in the Junior Cup. Meloetta has to leave to guard the Abundant Shrine or something.

Iris

Iris still can't handle Dragonite's competitive spirit. Will take a long time.

Cilan

Catches a Rufflet after the Junior Cup. It's very clumsy so Cilan has trouble bonding with it as it gets annoyed with his Tasting Time.

After the plot and just right before the league

Oshawott evolves after Piplup leaves and learns Ice Beam upon evolving. He still pops up from his pokeball but instead of being wacky, he starts meditating and training.

Snivy evolves when they encounter her old trainer. It was a snobby girly girl that blamed Snivy for every loss. Evolves against the girl's Lilligant. Ash also trains Servine to learn Aqua Tail.

Ash catches a Solosis who is really attached to him, Solosis evolves quickly after being caught while still keeping its overly attached personality.

Ash's Dewott evolves during the league and faces off against Trip's Serperior.

Iris

Axew evolves and helps along with Drayden to help Iris control Dragonite. Iris also helps teach Emolga a flying type move. Fraxure has to learn who to deal with just walking out instead of being in Iris' hair or being in a pokeball. keeps his playful personality. Acts more like a big brother to Scraggy.

Cilan

Nothing much changed. Cilan gets help getting over his Purrloin fear from Burgundy who reaches B-Rank (takes the exam) after learning from helping Cilan. She develops a minor crush on Cilan.

After the League- to the end
    N wins the league and the events of BW take place. Ash befriends Zekrom and N Reshiram and they battle them. this part of Best Wishes 2 deals with Ash and co. going through out the region to defeat (BW) Team Plasma and Team Rocket. The TR vs TP has been retconned to take place here as they reach Desert Resort. After the League, they visit Black City, White Forest, Sangi Town, Aspertia City, etc. Ash's goal is also to train for the Senior Cup, where some of the older Gym Leaders show up. This tourney is Invite Only. He is invited by Alder and Cynthia. Ash rotates his older pokemon as well. I'll only post evolutions and captures.

Ash

Evolutions

Captures

*Very late capture, to bring to Gen 6*

Palpitoad evolves verses a Team Plasma Sage.
    Duosion evolves in White Forest.
    Croconaw evolves in a Water Type Tournament hosted by Merlon and Don George in an anime only location.
    Gible evolves vs Iris' Fraxure.

Iris

Aron is her last capture. Very timid.
    Others don't really change. Fraxure evolves in her last episode, she then goes on to become Drayden's apprentice.

Cilan

Chili and Cress show up with Leaf, Water, and Fire stones so that they can evolve their monkeys at the same time.
    Cilan's Rufflet evolves and gains a love interest in Ash's Unfezant.
    Cilan gets a Mudkip from Professor Birch who visits Unova.
    Cilan fails his S-Rank Connoisseur exam and decides to continue traveling with Ash and takes up Contests (Inspired by Dawn) after hearing they are known in the next region. He intends to develop Coordinator skills so he can hopefully increase his Connoisseur skills to reach S-Rank.
    I like your predictions overall. I'm not crazy about Ash capturing an Eevee, unless there's a new 6th generation evolution, since I personally don't like any of the older ones with him at this point. If anyone get's a Mudkip, this time around I hope it's Ash, no Cilan. As to Cilan with Rufflet, I'm torn. I really do want Ash with Braviary, and for there to be some kind of relationship type scenario between it and his Unfezant, but I'd rather Cilan with Braviary that Iris.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ant View Post
    Don't hold your breath, we'd be lucky to see a Onondo/Fracture by the time Iris leaves the cast........

Edit: Ah, yes, let's not forget the required reason for the speculation, well, Kibago's development seems to be mirroring the development of his forefather, Haruka's Bursyamo.
    What the hell is a Bursyamo? A Torchic?

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Axew has no reason to evolve now that Iris has Dragonite. He'll be serving the purpose as Iris's fully evolved Dragon and Axew will remain her cute baby dragon.

The dream excuse is getting old. It hasn't been mentioned since that one episode in early BW, so I'm betting the writers changed their minds about Axew evolving.

Oshawott and Axew are the mascots for Ash and Iris respectively, and I don't see an evolution coming out of either of them.
    I completely disagree. I see both of them evolving.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceGray View Post
    What the hell is a Bursyamo? A Torchic?
    It's Blaziken, actually.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Yeah I figured a new thread was going to be made before too long.

*dons gladiator armor*

My body, it is ready.

Ash - End of League

Ash - End of Best Wishes Saga

Pikachu - Yup
    Unfezant - Done.
    Oshawott - He could surprise us all, but given what we've seen so far, I really doubt that he's evolving.
    Pignite/Emboar - I don't see them slipping in another evolution for him before the League, but I can definitely see him getting one after.
    Servine/Serperior - I think they could slip in a Cyndaquil-like evolution for Snivy prior to the League, then another one afterward.
    Scraggy - I don't think he will evolve unless Axew fully evolves, which looks pretty doubtful.
    Leavanny - Done.
    Palpitoad - Might evolve, but at this point I'm beginning to doubt it.
    Boldore - Same as Palpitoad.
    Krookodile - Confirmed.
    Eevee - Just a random post-League capture for him. I could see any number of Pokemon in this spot, Eevee is just kind of a random pick. Spoink, Mawile, Gulpin, Spinda, there's a ton of options, if Ash even gets another Pokemon.

Iris - End of League

Iris - End of Best Wishes Saga

Axew - Probably not evolving at this point.
    Excadrill - Done.
    Emolga - Done.
    Dragonite - Confirmed.
    Riolu - A Pokemon that I think fits her. If she only gets six Pokemon, then leave out this one.
    Treecko - Iris's version of May's Bulbasaur/Squirtle and Dawn's Cyndaquil. Plus, it's got some draconic qualities and access to Dragon-type moves.

Cilan - End of League

Cilan - End of Best Wishes Saga

Pansage - Probably not evolving at this point, though it could still surprise us.
    Crustle - Done.
    Stunfisk - Done.
    Magby - An interesting Pokemon for him, it could be his baby Pokemon. I could also see him with something like Numel.
    Mudkip - Another interesting and marketable Pokemon for him. If he only gets four Pokemon, then leave out this one.
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 23rd July 2012 at 7:24 AM.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 694 123451151101 ... LastLast