Page 2 of 694 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Ahh a new thread has been made :3
    Time for some speculating then!
    Axew: The merchandise seems to have no effect, it was for August and August is the Junior Cup... Also Bianca didn't even appear so what's with the Emboar in the merchandise O_O
    It's a mascot now, along with Oshawott, Pikachu, Meowth, Piplup and others I can't think of at the moment... xD
    Pignite & Snivy: I really have no clue on these two :P
    Snivy may possible evolve due to it slowly showing up less and being less marketable, but it might not because of Trip's words..
    Pignite could so Ash has a fully evolved fire type and a fully evolved starter, but it might not because Bianca has one >_<
    They confuse me D:
    Scraggy: I hope Scraggy can evolve without Axew but it seems that won't happen unless Axew leaves or something :P
    Palpitoad: It has no development and just battles.. may as well evolve it for some more strength at the league >_>
    Krookodile: Since it appears that Iris, Ash and Trip have made it to the semis, Trip vs. (Random) and Ash vs. Iris might occur here, and so Ash can use Krok against Dragonite where it evolves and wins
    Unfezant and Leavanny are done except for some upgraded movesets...
    Boldore I doubt will evolve because it needs to be traded and Iwane said something about it being weird to do or something like that.. xD
    And the Otter I've expressed my opinions about
    Now then:
    Eevee-> Espeon or Riolu: I can totally see Ash catch either of these, but I don't see both. If Ash captures an Eevee, I can see it evolving into an Espeon being the opposite of Gary's Umbreon and part of Red's GSC team as well. Riolu I could see as well, Pignite isn't treated much like a fighting type, Scraggy is, but if this happens I hope Scraggy can evolve or Riolu can evolve to leave Scraggy as Scraggy or vice versa.
    I'm done for now xD
    3DS Friend Code: 0473-8153-4660 (Fairy safari)
    I'll fix my sig eventually....
    Emerald Nuzlocke Team: Fire Red Randomizer Nuzlocke Team:
    Black 2 team:Y Team:
    Predictions for Ash's team:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by shelldude400 View Post
    Boldore I doubt will evolve because it needs to be traded and Iwane said something about it being weird to do or something like that.. xD
    No, all Iwane said was that he personally didn't expect it to evolve, but then said right after that that he didn't expect Trip's Gurdurr to evolve either, so Boldore evolving is still up in the air.

Wicked Witch got nothing on me

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Oshawott and Axew are the mascots for Ash and Iris respectively, and I don't see an evolution coming out of either of them.
    The fact that they aren't meant to evolve seems to grate on some people's nerves, but I don't think they should stress out over it. It was obvious by the tenth episode of Best Wishes that both Pokemon were mascots. If people really got hyped and believed that the writers would change that, they only have themselves to blame to be honest. Although I do believe there's a slight chance that Axew will evolve at least once since it's confirmed that he actually wants to evolve, but that probably won't happen until the end of the saga when marketability will no longer be a factor.

I've already expressed what I want to happen but i'll do it again with a little bit of edits
    Pikachu - Not evolving ever
    Unfezant- with a new season confirmed to last a year and a half which is about 18 months I totally believe she can get some development and replace her weaker moves . I'm talking about you gust and quick attack .
    Samurott- though I don't have prince gays signature I still believe this will happen. the october merchandise gives me hope that it will evolve into dewott by then and potentially learn ice beam to defend against it's weakness against grass and then learn megahorn when it evolves into samurott to give it more coverage
    Pignite/Emboar- I could see this going either way . either way I want it to learn an electric move either thunder punch or wild charge would work to fend off against
    Snivy/Servine - Trips remarks could hint Snivy won't evolve though it could also that she'll evolve on her own time. Although with her being so high level I think she passed up the chance of evolution . Either way it should learn aqua tail for against fire type coverage
    Scraggy/Scrafty- apparently something has to remain basic Scraggy kind of reminds me of Snorunt who like scraggy had trouble aiming a attack . Scraggy may also get motivation and master his aiming problem and also losing leer as well. Or it could go the gible route as well.
    Leavanny- read unfezant razor leaf and tackle definitely have to go . Solar beam and x scissor would be ideal for me
    Seismistoad- Palpitoad has since become like tranquill. She didn't really learn a move(that's game legal) til she evolved . I feel like they are setting up Palpitoad to be in a tough spot and evolve then learn drain punch . thus completely his moveset
    Boldore- I think our rocky buddy is here to stay . At least it got arms . I would love for sandstorm to be replaced with another attack such as power gem or rock tomb but i'm not gonna hold my breath
    Krookodile- confirmed the evolution will most likely complete it's move set . hoping it to be outrage or foul play

captures
    Meloetta- call me crazy but she followed ash for his heroics unless she is secretly working for team rocket anyways i think it's totally possible if a nurse joy and tobias can have legendaries why can't our main protagonist
    not sure about any other captures for now
    The anime where Stunfisks fly and Meowths talk. Where Oshawotts pop out of pokeballs and tranquills use wing attack. What more could you ask for, Oshawott evolving?. THE ANIME !

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

The crew - Shun the Greninja , Wing the Talonflame , Tank the Gogoat , Ragequit the Tyrantum , Joules the Heliolisk & Melody the Sylveon.

Greninja all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Zariful View Post
    I've already expressed what I want to happen but i'll do it again with a little bit of edits
    Unfezant- with a new season confirmed to last a year and a half which is about 18 months I totally believe she can get some development and replace her weaker moves . I'm talking about you gust and quick attack .
    Samurott- though I don't have prince gays signature I still believe this will happen. the october merchandise gives me hope that it will evolve into dewott by then and potentially learn ice beam to defend against it's weakness against grass and then learn megahorn when it evolves into samurott to give it more coverage
    Pignite/Emboar- I could see this going either way . either way I want it to learn an electric move either thunder punch or wild charge would work to fend off against
    Snivy/Servine - Trips remarks could hint Snivy won't evolve though it could also that she'll evolve on her own time. Although with her being so high level I think she passed up the chance of evolution . Either way it should learn aqua tail for against fire type coverage
    Scraggy/Scrafty- apparently something has to remain basic Scraggy kind of reminds me of Snorunt who like scraggy had trouble aiming a attack . Scraggy may also get motivation and master his aiming problem and also losing leer as well. Or it could go the gible route as well.
    Leavanny- read unfezant razor leaf and tackle definitely have to go . Solar beam and x scissor would be ideal for me
    Seismistoad- Palpitoad has since become like tranquill. She didn't really learn a move(that's game legal) til she evolved . I feel like they are setting up Palpitoad to be in a tough spot and evolve then learn drain punch . thus completely his moveset
    Boldore- I think our rocky buddy is here to stay . At least it got arms . I would love for sandstorm to be replaced with another attack such as power gem or rock tomb but i'm not gonna hold my breath
    Krookodile- confirmed the evolution will most likely complete it's move set . hoping it to be outrage or foul play

captures
    Meloetta- call me crazy but she followed ash for his heroics unless she is secretly working for team rocket anyways i think it's totally possible if a nurse joy and tobias can have legendaries why can't our main protagonist
    Love your predictions. I am just hoping for Snivy to have Aerial Ace instead of Aqua Tail, so that it will be easier for her to take on Trip's Serperior.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    Love your predictions. I am just hoping for Snivy to have Aerial Ace instead of Aqua Tail, so that it will be easier for her to take on Trip's Serperior.
    unless unfezant gets rid of it (which I don't see happening) I wouldnt want snives with aerial ace

captures
    Seeing how she stole Ash hat scream capture in my world!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    She should have both Aqua Tail and Aerial Ace imo.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    unless unfezant gets rid of it (which I don't see happening) I wouldnt want snives with aerial ace
    Fine. Well maybe she can have hidden power as a move, along with Aqua Tail. I feel like they could just give her Aerial Ace anyway, since they portray her as being very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post

Good idea. I could see Hidden Power being the alternative for one of the moves though.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

I don't think that would work. that would leave her with 1 grass move, as I don't see attract going anywhere, and she should have at least 2

I don't think that would work. that would leave her with 1 grass move, as I don't see attract going anywhere, and she should have at least 2
    Attract isn't a certainty to stay, and could possibly be replaced with Grass Pledge.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Attract isn't a certainty to stay, and could possibly be replaced with Grass Pledge.
    it pretty much is. its snivys signature attack, like pikachu and thunderbolt. its not going anywhere

it pretty much is. its snivys signature attack, like pikachu and thunderbolt. its not going anywhere
    True, but it was her signature counter against bigger and stronger Pokemon, if she evolves she wouldn't really need it anymore.
    Also with the exception of Emboar its basically always an instant-win or fail move, so as a Servine/Serperior she'd have no reason to keep it

Actually see all 3 starters evolving at least once and learning their pledge moves, maybe even showing off the combined effects in Double/Triple Battles

Samurott- though I don't have prince gays signature I still believe this will happen. the october merchandise gives me hope that it will evolve into dewott by then
    I need to see the official receipts (I've been out of the loop for so long). And coincidentally, I recently acquired one of those McDonald's Dewott toys. It's very cute and all, but the species still seems kind of remote to me. Still, it's a hundred times better than Dialga's twin Samurott. If Oshawott does evolve I hope he only evolves once.

captures
    Prince Gay? xD
    I'm sure it's a typo, but it made me laugh (I'm sorry xD)
    The August merchandise gave me hope for Scrafty, Emboar and Fraxure, but it trolled me
    I think I might ignore merchandise now unless it's directed at Best Wishes directly....
    3DS Friend Code: 0473-8153-4660 (Fairy safari)
    I'll fix my sig eventually....
    Emerald Nuzlocke Team: Fire Red Randomizer Nuzlocke Team:
    Black 2 team:Y Team:
    Predictions for Ash's team:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Is it just me or have there been too many unwanted breaks in the show

Oh look, Juputoru's back. :>

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Snorlax View Post
    1st post! so I'll start with a question:

SHOULD AXEW EVOLVE?

I think it should, but toward the end of her run on the cast, I'd let it come back a haxorus in Gen 6
    He should evolve, but like Oshawott, I don't think that means that he will. I honestly think that it'll stay as an Axew until like, the last episode, just like May's Combusken. It wouldn't be ideal, but yeah, that's the most likely scenario that I can see happening.

I'd much rather that Axew got jealous of Dragonite or something an evolved in the near future, and then again into Haxorus near the end of the saga, but I don't see it as likely. Axew has fallen into the mascot pit, so I doubt he'll be evolving any time soon.

1st post! so I'll start with a question:

SHOULD AXEW EVOLVE?

I think it should, but toward the end of her run on the cast, I'd let it come back a haxorus in Gen 6

He is not that popular compared to the other cute little guys but he is Iris hair acessory and needs to be kidnapped every 20/30 episodes, so probably won't evolve.

He should atleast once since thats his dream, maybe he does it at the end of the region, otherwise I don't see it happening, even though like I said apparently(judging by the amount of merch it gets) he isn't that popular.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Could we possibly ban Oshawott discussion? It seems like 99% of the arguments here stem from Ash's Oshawott, so maybe if we made it against the rules to discuss him, we could cut down on flame wars and such? All I know is that the Oshawott evolution debates are redundant since nobody but the writers/producers know if/when he'll evolve.
    Haha .

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    Oh look, Juputoru's back. :>

He should evolve, but like Oshawott, I don't think that means that he will. I honestly think that it'll stay as an Axew until like, the last episode, just like May's Combusken. It wouldn't be ideal, but yeah, that's the most likely scenario that I can see happening.

I'd much rather that Axew got jealous of Dragonite or something an evolved in the near future, and then again into Haxorus near the end of the saga, but I don't see it as likely. Axew has fallen into the mascot pit, so I doubt he'll be evolving any time soon.

Dat Danganronpa avatar

Yup I can only see it happening that way.

That would actually be a cool development, Iris starts overusing Dragonite and ignores Axew, Axew starts to get pissed about it.

He could even become agressive to Iris and other pokemon, that would be a great way to develop the little guy, Iris and maybe throwing Scraggy and Dragonite into there but yeah not going to happen.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 23rd July 2012 at 2:23 PM.

If Axew is to evolve, I'd guess it'd be a real late evolution. And if it's to become a Haxorus during this series, it'd probably be a rush evolution similar to what we've seen with Mamoswine, Charizard, etc. We still have at least a year and something months till gen 5 should be over. That seems to be enough time to still allow a late evolution like that. And tbh, as the episodes are winding down, it shouldn't matter that Axew wouldn't be marketable or won't be able to fit in Iris' hair, etc. because it shouldn't really matter late in the game when the attention would probably be focused on ending the series and getting ready to start the new series. I do hope to see Scraggy evolve by the end as well to sort of show that both Axew and Scraggy have grown up and evolved into powerhouse pokemon that their respective trainers can rely on and maybe we'd see a final battle between them like we did with Sceptile vs. Blaziken. That'd be a nice ending match for BW2 imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    That would actually be a cool development, Iris starts overusing Dragonite and ignores Axew, Axew starts to get pissed about it.

He could even become agressive to Iris and other pokemon, that would be a great way to develop the little guy, Iris and maybe throwing Scraggy and Dragonite into there but yeah not going to happen.
    My only qualm is that it would be a bit of a rehash of the May/Torchic story, but then again so much on this show is rehashed and the scenario works pretty well. I dunno if I'd like the little guy to become aggressive, because it would be totally out of character, and Dragonite seems to have temper problems already.

I'd love if he evolved to save Iris and Dragonite (and maybe Scraggy) after the latter was defeated by some marauding wild Pokemon. It'd really show his growth in my opinion (although it'd probably involve ANOTHER kidnapping story, but what are you gonna do.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash6K View Post
    If Axew is to evolve, I'd guess it'd be a real late evolution. And if it's to become a Haxorus during this series, it'd probably be a rush evolution similar to what we've seen with Mamoswine, Charizard, etc. We still have at least a year and something months till gen 5 should be over. That seems to be enough time to still allow a late evolution like that. And tbh, as the episodes are winding down, it shouldn't matter that Axew wouldn't be marketable or won't be able to fit in Iris' hair, etc. because it shouldn't really matter late in the game when the attention would probably be focused on ending the series and getting ready to start the new series. I do hope to see Scraggy evolve by the end as well to sort of show that both Axew and Scraggy have grown up and evolved into powerhouse pokemon that their respective trainers can rely on and maybe we'd see a final battle between them like we did with Sceptile vs. Blaziken. That'd be a nice ending match for BW2 imo.
    I always wanted something like that to happen, but I don't really like the idea of Ash getting an awesome Pokemon like Scrafty only for it to be used in one battle. 8|

I hope we get a final battle between Ash and Iris at the end of BW, though, regardless if there are evolutions or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    I always wanted something like that to happen, but I don't really like the idea of Ash getting an awesome Pokemon like Scrafty only for it to be used in one battle. 8|

I hope we get a final battle between Ash and Iris at the end of BW, though, regardless if there are evolutions or not.
    When I said I wanted Scraggy to evolve by the end, I didn't really mean that it'd evolve really late and have one battle. I could see it being one of Ash's last evolutions, have a couple of battles in whatever Ash is doing at that point in the anime, and it's final battle would be an Ash vs. Iris good-bye battle. Speaking of Scrafty, I would love to see Head Smash as a move to replace Headbutt. It'd be such an epic move to have. And replace Leer with a dark move and a potential Scrafty for Ash would be the ideal Scrafty for at least me to see.

u mean the signature that fails a portion of the time . To me it's seems like the first move to lose
    hmmm I feel like doing move sets now

Pikachu- we already know what this will be
    Unfezant - Air Cutter , Aerial Ace , Heat Wave(gust replacement) , Quick Attack(if it really has to stay)/Sky Attack/Facade
    Samurott- Hydro Pump , Razor Shell , Ice Beam and Megahorn
    Pignite/Emboar- Flamethrower , Fire Pledge , Wild Charge/Thunder Punch , Brick Break/Scald (depending if it evolves )
    Snivy/Servine - Leaf Storm , Aqua Tail , Vine Whip/Leaf Blade , Hidden Power
    Scraggy/Scrafty - Headbutt , HJK , Focus Blast , Payback
    Leavanny - Energy Ball , Solarbeam , string Shot , x scissor
    Seismistoad - Hydro Pump , Mud Shot , Supersonic , Drain Punch
    Boldore - rock smash , flash cannon , rock blast , sandstorm ( ash has been relying on status a lot this region)
    Krookodile- Stone edge , crunch , dig , outrage/Foul Play
    Possible Meloetta - Relic Song , Close Combat , Psychic and Hyper Voice(suiting )
    Last edited by Zariful; 23rd July 2012 at 3:43 PM.
    The anime where Stunfisks fly and Meowths talk. Where Oshawotts pop out of pokeballs and tranquills use wing attack. What more could you ask for, Oshawott evolving?. THE ANIME !

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

The crew - Shun the Greninja , Wing the Talonflame , Tank the Gogoat , Ragequit the Tyrantum , Joules the Heliolisk & Melody the Sylveon.

Greninja all the way

Pikachu uses Thunderbolt ever episode it battles in since learning the move in early Kanto. Snivy hasn't used it with success since it's first battle with Servine IIRC.

Your argument is invalid.
    D- Grade PASBL Ref- Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    I've been gone from Serebii for over 4 months already and this is by far the best team to grace the barren wastelands of Serebii's Competitive section. Let its creation be known throughout the land. Kings will hold grand feasts to commemorate its conception. All wars will end. The eyes of children will finally be opened to the truth of MMS.
    Creds for the cute ub to my bby Turpoo <3

After hearing about the TR Radio and that one of the guests was Wobbuffet, I really wish we get to see it come back as the 4th TR member. Especially now that we're seeing old gen pokemon again. Tbh, TR's role in BW kinda makes me miss seeing them. Maybe not as much as they did but I would've love to see them a bit more here where we can see more of their pokemon in action. Although I guess since we're having a TR arc sometime after the World Tournament, we might see them with more pokemon battles. Initially, I did want to see them with their old pokemon but I wanna see more from their current pokemon in this next arc first. Then whatever might happen later with them (assuming this new arc isn't their end), then we could possibly see their old pokemon again. I would love to see Seviper too as well as Carnivine. Mime Jr. I could live without tbh but if it evolves, I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Pikachu uses Thunderbolt ever episode it battles in since learning the move in early Kanto. Snivy hasn't used it with success since it's first battle with Servine IIRC.

Your argument is invalid.
    it used it with Success against Palpitoad and Emboar(later broken) but still I agree with u just saying something is a signature without valid proof is no argument . Sorry Ace but the snorlax wins this round

Greninja all the way

Page 2 of 694 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast