Page 424 of 694 FirstFirst ... 324374414420421422423424425426427428434474524 ... LastLast
Results 10,576 to 10,600 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

  1. #10576
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia.
    Posts
    719

    Default

    I'm sticking with my beliefs of Palpitoad being first to evolve in the filler
    I forgot about Ash's reserves, so now I'm positive Charizard will make a return.
    I'd actually like Glalie to come back, it didn't battle in the Sinnoh league did it? I think it only just showed up and Conway was stalking Ash..
    It didn't have much time to do anything after it evolved either :S
    Gible I wanna see return, this time to Draco Meteor the otter >
    Also it's interactions with Axew would be funny especially if it tries to eat Axew
    3DS Friend Code: 0473-8153-4660
    Emerald Nuzlocke Team: Fire Red Randomizer Nuzlocke Team:
    Black 2 team:Y Team:
    Predictions for Ash's team:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

  2. #10577
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    spokane, washington
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Shucks, for some reason.. This has gone stale...

    Pikachu: Never gonna evolve.
    Oshawott: Slim chances.. due to marketing.
    Pignite: Can evolve, likely will if BWn goes on for long enough..
    Snivy: Probably won't due to personality traits.
    Scraggy: Can evolve, and hatchlings do tend to do that..
    Palpitoad: Why wouldn't it evolve? Honestly?
    Boldore: Speculation with calender brings Gigalith mighty close.

    So the only things we can really argue here are:
    - Pignite: With the question being 'when?'
    - Scraggy: With the question being the most open for discussion really..
    - Palpitoad: With the question being 'why the f not?'
    - Boldore: With the question probably being answered within a months time..

    Does anybody want to go into new opening discussions with me? With the present featuring Scrafty of course.. :P
    Personally I think the current opening will have some scene replace with N and Ash's Unova team shot at the league updated with any evolution or captures maybe also adding both Iris and Cilan Pokemon.

    Also on any possible evolution with the four you mention:
    Scraggy: Probably during the N saga
    Palpitoad: Same as Scraggy
    Boldore: If no league opponent shows up with one or any in the background then maybe in December.
    Pignite: This one will be longer but I think if all the recent Charizard merchandise means (and I do mean "if") Ash own Charizard is returning this might some conflict between him and Pignite since Charizard is Ash first and arguably his strongest Fire type will cause some insecurity with Pignite with him thinking he has been replace again which also has him trying outclass Charizard with every chance he gets which will backfire and him realizes its useless and runaway then Ash, Charizard, and Co. looking for him then Ash and Charizard find him then talk so he'll come back when some disaster happen we're Pignite has to save Ash and Charizard were Pignite evolves into Emboar for more strength to save the day and ending with everything resolved between Emboar and Charizard.

    Got too episode with Pignite but that's my two cents.
    White FC: 1334 7028 3541
    Black2 FC: 1249 6749 9360
    3DS FC: 1719 4581 9302

  3. #10578
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    12,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Snorlax View Post
    Bulbasaur.
    Bulbasaur didn't want to evolve at that time, thats a decision on a personality trait.

  4. #10579
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Snorlax View Post
    Bulbasaur.
    I think Joltik-Kid meant to say was how does having a personality prevent a Pokémon from evolving?

    There are cases where a Pokémon had personality and evolved.

    And their are cases where a Pokémon had personality and didn't evolve.

    So clearly just because something does have a personality doesn't mean it's going to remain unevolved, or even evolved.

    There would have to be some other reason why a Pokémon evolves or doesn't.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  5. #10580
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia.
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Snivy's personality traits could easily carry onto Servine IMO.
    Someone like Oshawott's traits on the other hand look like they'd fail with evolution.
    The personality can effect evolution, but it doesn't mean it will though.
    3DS Friend Code: 0473-8153-4660
    Emerald Nuzlocke Team: Fire Red Randomizer Nuzlocke Team:
    Black 2 team:Y Team:
    Predictions for Ash's team:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

  6. #10581
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Neh. I think nobody on the main cast needs new Pokemon not even in the N season should they catch anything. Though they probably might just through in one more capture........:/ just for the heck of it.

    Ash is for the obvious reasons.

    Iris neglects her Pokemon for powerhouses alone like Broken Barney. And as along as Broken barney is around, Excalibur the mighty will always be 2nd best see? The Untouchable Emolga battles once every blue moon. Luggage is useless and is used as a thing to get lost to make a plot. Not to mention Iris battles the least of the main group.

    Cilan......If he is not spamming Shell Smash + Rock Wrecker Zeustle or Solarbeaming Broccolihead, he is losing with Underderp who just got a win after all that time. He does battle more than than Iris but often uses those two to battle alot.

    A new pokemon may feel crushed into the team between being overused like Roasted Pork or negelcted in wins/battles like Underderp/Untouchable Emolga.



    EDIT: As for an evolution, Ash's Bosstoad PLEASE then Rocky Road or Roasted Pork!
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

  7. #10582
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Big Blue
    Posts
    2,898

    Default

    Nintendo 3DS Best Wishes Character Touch Stylus Part 2. To be released in March. It contains:
    1-Pikachu
    2-Charizard
    3-Mewtwo
    4-Eevee
    5-Iris' Dragonite
    6-Genesect.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, *******, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

  8. #10583
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    991

    Default

    If Ash's Charizard comes back to the anime maybe I can still watch the anime a little bit more.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

    [CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

  9. #10584
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    12,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    If Ash's Charizard comes back to the anime maybe I can still watch the anime a little bit more.
    If are having second thoughs, you probably should stop watching it, just an advice :P.

    ------------

    On the merch just the usual stuff, I wonder why they alway call Dragonite IRIS Dragonite in his merchandise, they don't do that to any other pokemon in the cast in a consistent basis.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 3rd December 2012 at 5:16 PM.

  10. #10585
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,356

    Default

    Hmm I did not expect Eevee's moveset to be changed that quickly. I guess Helping Hand and Protect wouldn't be that helpful for the league.

    Eevee
    Dig - We saw it vs Druddigon in that other preview.
    Iron Tail - Uh... oh well at least this would be the second pokemon we would see in BW so it's not bad.
    Trump Card - Debut, so interesting.
    Return - Debut. Very interesting, about time.

    Umbreon
    Payback - That's good, at least it's a Dark Move and not Shadow Ball.
    Confuse Ray - Okay.
    Curse - Interesting.
    Moonlight - We haven't seen this in a while.

    I guess Flash could be replaced with it's natural ability to glow. Psychic.. well yeah I guess they wanted Espeon to only keep it.

    Espeon
    Psychic - Okay.
    Shadow Ball - Sigh.
    Calm Mind - Interesting
    Morning Sun - Interesting.

    Random : PokéRadar


  11. #10586
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Bark Town, Johto
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shelldude400 View Post
    Snivy's personality traits could easily carry onto Servine IMO.
    Someone like Oshawott's traits on the other hand look like they'd fail with evolution.
    The personality can effect evolution, but it doesn't mean it will though.
    To be fair with Oshawott if it were to evolve it would be to give it alot more self-confidence because while it is a pretty cool battler it gets easily flustered and it would certainly match the personality of it's trainer. As for Snivy evolving she is so much set in her ways as the carer of the group it'd be very hard to imagine how they'd evolve her. As for the rest of Ash's pokemon Palpitoad...possible, Pignite...possible, Scraggy...almost certainly. You just got to read how the character plays out.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

  12. #10587
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Groundedshock View Post
    Neh. I think nobody on the main cast needs new Pokemon not even in the N season should they catch anything.
    It is extremely unlikely that no one will catch anything during the filler saga.

    In all the filler sagas, each and every one of the travelling companions and Ash caught something.

    Iris probably has the least reason to catch anything because she recently caught Dragonite.

    But Ash's last capture was BEFORE the 6th gym, and Cilan's last capture was even longer than that.

    Besides this is after the league. Someone is likely to be "oaked" "Junipered" for almost all the rest of the season, maybe only showing up once or twice.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  13. #10588
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    12,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Hmm I did not expect Eevee's moveset to be changed that quickly. I guess Helping Hand and Protect wouldn't be that helpful for the league.

    Eevee
    Dig - We saw it vs Druddigon in that other preview.
    Iron Tail - Uh... oh well at least this would be the second pokemon we would see in BW so it's not bad.
    Trump Card - Debut, so interesting.
    Return - Debut. Very interesting, about time.

    Umbreon
    Payback - That's good, at least it's a Dark Move and not Shadow Ball.
    Confuse Ray - Okay.
    Curse - Interesting.
    Moonlight - We haven't seen this in a while.

    I guess Flash could be replaced with it's natural ability to glow. Psychic.. well yeah I guess they wanted Espeon to only keep it.

    Espeon
    Psychic - Okay.
    Shadow Ball - Sigh.
    Calm Mind - Interesting
    Morning Sun - Interesting.
    I really like those movesets, makes me hope Satoshi doesn't lose to Kotetsu(like I'm thinking he will), I really want tos ee all those support moves in action.

  14. #10589
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Hmm I did not expect Eevee's moveset to be changed that quickly. I guess Helping Hand and Protect wouldn't be that helpful for the league.

    Eevee
    Dig - We saw it vs Druddigon in that other preview.
    Iron Tail - Uh... oh well at least this would be the second pokemon we would see in BW so it's not bad.
    Trump Card - Debut, so interesting.
    Return - Debut. Very interesting, about time.

    Umbreon
    Payback - That's good, at least it's a Dark Move and not Shadow Ball.
    Confuse Ray - Okay.
    Curse - Interesting.
    Moonlight - We haven't seen this in a while.

    I guess Flash could be replaced with it's natural ability to glow. Psychic.. well yeah I guess they wanted Espeon to only keep it.

    Espeon
    Psychic - Okay.
    Shadow Ball - Sigh.
    Calm Mind - Interesting
    Morning Sun - Interesting.
    We haven't actually ever seen Moonlight used in the Anime before, or Curse, Payback, and Calm Mind for that matter. So if the writers will use these movesets then we'll have a few move debuts.

    This does make you wonder what the others could have.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  15. #10590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Hmm I did not expect Eevee's moveset to be changed that quickly. I guess Helping Hand and Protect wouldn't be that helpful for the league.

    Eevee
    Dig - We saw it vs Druddigon in that other preview.
    Iron Tail - Uh... oh well at least this would be the second pokemon we would see in BW so it's not bad.
    Trump Card - Debut, so interesting.
    Return - Debut. Very interesting, about time.

    Umbreon
    Payback - That's good, at least it's a Dark Move and not Shadow Ball.
    Confuse Ray - Okay.
    Curse - Interesting.
    Moonlight - We haven't seen this in a while.

    I guess Flash could be replaced with it's natural ability to glow. Psychic.. well yeah I guess they wanted Espeon to only keep it.

    Espeon
    Psychic - Okay.
    Shadow Ball - Sigh.
    Calm Mind - Interesting
    Morning Sun - Interesting.
    No way those movesets are 100% what the anime will use.

    When was the last time a league battle took place at night?

    What use will Moonlight be during daytime hours?

  16. #10591
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Durian Seed View Post
    No way those movesets are 100% what the anime will use.

    When was the last time a league battle took place at night?

    What use will Moonlight be during daytime hours?
    I don't think Morning Sun really did anything with the Sun, the Pokemon just glows, same can be done with Moonlight.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  17. #10592
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Durian Seed View Post
    No way those movesets are 100% what the anime will use.
    Why not? all the others seem to be correct.

    Trip's Serperior only used three moves in the battle vs Pikachu so it could have still had Frenzy Plant.

    While we didn't see Jellicent and Conkeldurr

    Hex - Frillish had this.
    Scald - Replacement for Water Pulse so the tactic works in the games.
    Will-o-wisp - New move
    Recover - New move


    Bulk Up
    Strength
    Rock Tomb
    Stone Edge

    All it's moves form the Clubsplosion.
    -
    Stephan.

    Bulk Up
    Close Combat
    Karate Chop
    Low Sweep

    Moves from Clubsplosion.

    Zebstrika
    Thunderbolt
    Giga Impact
    Stomp
    Flame Charge

    All confirmed moves from the anime.

    Liepard [who we haven't seen until now]
    Shadow Claw - Confirmed via scan.
    Shadow Ball
    Hyper Beam
    Double Team - Confirmed via scan.
    -
    Kotetsu

    Samurott
    Hydro Cannon - Used
    Razor Shell - Used
    Aqua Jet - Used
    Megahorn - Haven't seen.

    Hydreigon [Haven't seen anything from it]

    Dragon Pulse
    Dragon Rush
    Tri Attack
    Double Hit

    Lucario

    Circle Throw -Used by Riolu
    Force Palm - Used by Riolu
    Aura Sphere - Replace Vaccum Wave upon evolving?
    Close Combat - Replace Copycat upon evolving?

    So I don't see why it's unlikely that the Eevees would have those moves.


    When was the last time a league battle took place at night?

    What use will Moonlight be during daytime hours?
    I didn't know Moonlight only worked in the games at night.
    Moonlight gets power from "Clear Skies"that's Sunny Day's name in Japanese. Even so, the moon reflects the sunlight.

    Random : PokéRadar


  18. #10593
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Why not? all the others seem to be correct.

    Trip's Serperior only used three moves in the battle vs Pikachu so it could have still had Frenzy Plant.

    While we didn't see Jellicent and Conkeldurr

    Hex - Frillish had this.
    Scald - Replacement for Water Pulse so the tactic works in the games.
    Will-o-wisp - New move
    Recover - New move


    Bulk Up
    Strength
    Rock Tomb
    Stone Edge

    All it's moves form the Clubsplosion.
    -
    Stephan.

    Bulk Up
    Close Combat
    Karate Chop
    Low Sweep

    Moves from Clubsplosion.

    Zebstrika
    Thunderbolt
    Giga Impact
    Stomp
    Flame Charge

    All confirmed moves from the anime.

    Liepard [who we haven't seen until now]
    Shadow Claw - Confirmed via scan.
    Shadow Ball
    Hyper Beam
    Double Team - Confirmed via scan.
    -
    Kotetsu

    Samurott
    Hydro Cannon - Used
    Razor Shell - Used
    Aqua Jet - Used
    Megahorn - Haven't seen.

    Hydreigon [Haven't seen anything from it]

    Dragon Pulse
    Dragon Rush
    Tri Attack
    Double Hit

    Lucario

    Circle Throw -Used by Riolu
    Force Palm - Used by Riolu
    Aura Sphere - Replace Vaccum Wave upon evolving?
    Close Combat - Replace Copycat upon evolving?

    So I don't see why it's unlikely that the Eevees would have those moves.




    I didn't know Moonlight only worked in the games at night.
    Moonlight gets power from "Clear Skies"that's Sunny Day's name in Japanese. Even so, the moon reflects the sunlight.
    eh i think close combat has been used to much by sawk and lucario should get a different 4th move. a steel type wouldnt be bad or even a dark type

  19. #10594
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    eh i think close combat has been used to much by sawk and lucario should get a different 4th move. a steel type wouldnt be bad or even a dark type
    Can't help it... that's the moves Kotesu's Lucario has in PWT, which is basically following the movesets of the other Pokemon
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  20. #10595
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Nintendo 3DS Best Wishes Character Touch Stylus Part 2. To be released in March. It contains:
    1-Pikachu
    2-Charizard
    3-Mewtwo
    4-Eevee
    5-Iris' Dragonite
    6-Genesect.
    I hope it will the Charizard from Ash :/

  21. #10596
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Ash:
    Pikachu (Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail, Electro Ball)
    Dewott (Razor Shell, Aqua Jet, Hydro Pump, Fury Cutter)
    Pignite (Flame Charge, Flamethrower, Fire Pledge, Arm Thrust)
    Scrafty (Headbutt/Zen Headbutt, Hi Jump Kick, Focus Blast, Payback)
    Leavanny (Razor Leaf, String Shot, X-Scissor, Energy Ball
    Krookodile (Dig, Crunch, Stone Edge, Dragon Claw)

    (Unfezent, Snivy, Boldore and Palpitoad get sick of being mistreated and underused and feel that Ash doesn't love them like he does his other Pokemon so they abandon him to be with N and live happily ever after... later they battle against Ash under the control of N and it would be marvellous! Ash might get them back later who really knows)

  22. #10597
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    54

    Default

    I would like to see Iris go with Ash to Region 6 or whatever. If Axew isn't a Haxorus by the end of BW, which is his dream, then the whole season for Iris would be a flop. This is what I would like for Iris.

    Haxorus
    Excadril
    Dragonite
    Emolga
    Eevee (evolves in 6th Gen Dragon type.)
    Lapras (6th Gen pre-evo)

  23. #10598
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanthehuman View Post
    Ash:
    Pikachu (Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail, Electro Ball)
    Dewott (Razor Shell, Aqua Jet, Hydro Pump, Fury Cutter)
    Pignite (Flame Charge, Flamethrower, Fire Pledge, Arm Thrust)
    Scrafty (Headbutt/Zen Headbutt, Hi Jump Kick, Focus Blast, Payback)
    Leavanny (Razor Leaf, String Shot, X-Scissor, Energy Ball
    Krookodile (Dig, Crunch, Stone Edge, Dragon Claw)

    (Unfezent, Snivy, Boldore and Palpitoad get sick of being mistreated and underused and feel that Ash doesn't love them like he does his other Pokemon so they abandon him to be with N and live happily ever after... later they battle against Ash under the control of N and it would be marvellous! Ash might get them back later who really knows)
    I don't think any of Ash's pokemon will leave his team. I originally thought Leavanny would pull a Butterfree but it doesn't look like it

  24. #10599
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I don't think any of Ash's pokemon will leave his team. I originally thought Leavanny would pull a Butterfree but it doesn't look like it
    Would this maybe be the first series a Pokemon wasn't released or left for training from the main cast?

    OS-Butterfree, Pidgeot, Lapras, Primeape, Charizard, Squirtle
    AG-Arbok, Weezing, Chimecho, Togetic
    DP-Dustox, Ambipom, Gliscor, Cacnea
    Whatever else I may have missed.

    Wonder if the writers plan to have Ash, Iris, and Cilan release anything.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  25. #10600
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Wonder if the writers plan to have Ash release anything.
    Oh God, I hope not, seriously is Professor Oak's lab some sort of diseased location or something, they can't just stuff certain Pokémon in there and completely forget about them, until Ash would use them again.

    I see no purpose, or reason to release a Pokémon.

    If people have a problem with a certain Pokémon, Professor Oak's lab is the best deal.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Page 424 of 694 FirstFirst ... 324374414420421422423424425426427428434474524 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •