Page 450 of 694 FirstFirst ... 350400440446447448449450451452453454460500550 ... LastLast
Results 11,226 to 11,250 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

  1. #11226
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,776

    Default

    @Taidow what do you expect from a bird with a crappy movepool :/

  2. #11227
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,810

    Default

    Look a 2013 calendar with a different cover: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb...9upgo1_500.jpg

    The starters are here and so does Awex -____-

  3. #11228
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    Look a 2013 calendar with a different cover: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb...9upgo1_500.jpg

    The starters are here and so does Awex -____-
    Piplup just won't stop appearing, right?
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

    [CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

  4. #11229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    Look a 2013 calendar with a different cover: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb...9upgo1_500.jpg

    The starters are here and so does Awex -____-
    That means nothing, as far I'm concerned. Meloetta and Piplup are both there and they're gone in the anime. That should be proof enough that anything can happen.

    On a bright note, I love the one with Emolga and Dragonite.

    Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

  5. #11230
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    Sorry, I prefer Oshawott having screentime for marketing than a Infernape sweeping through the Unova League.
    I literally just smashed my head against the desk.

    You just compared Infernape, Ash's powerhouse last region, the pokemon who got the most screentime sans Pikachu and evened it with battle prowess, arguably one of the best pokemon the writers have created in this series, to Oshawott.

    The remake of Piplup put on the cast with enough focus to become a Samurott with enough development that there was even mentions of it learning Hydro Cannon, but was crushed by the writers because they the thing lost the lottery of who they were going to milk every penny out of.

    Thus it goes into the league with a moveset of TACKLE, WATER GUN, hydro Pump and Razor Shell.

    This is arguably on of the worst pokeon created for Ash by the writers since Genereation ll.

    Even if they used 3 partial Episodes to make Oshawott develop, he could have had Fury Cutter/Hydro Pump/Blizzard/
    Revenge.

    How does a pokemon that hasn't done anything of real use since the 5th gym compare to one of Ash's finest?


    /endrant
    D- Grade PASBL Ref- Squad



    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    I've been gone from Serebii for over 4 months already and this is by far the best team to grace the barren wastelands of Serebii's Competitive section. Let its creation be known throughout the land. Kings will hold grand feasts to commemorate its conception. All wars will end. The eyes of children will finally be opened to the truth of MMS.
    Creds for the cute ub to my bby Turpoo <3

  6. #11231
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    @Taidow what do you expect from a bird with a crappy movepool :/
    Swellow had a horrible move pool yet was shown to be amazing.



  7. #11232
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    No it didn't. the whole purpose of BW2-14 was to make sure snivy looked good at the expense of Ash, Pikachu, Pansage, Cilan, and those rich girls.
    I mean Pignite got the battles and Mijumaru got the screen time. Snivy is just kind of there lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  8. #11233
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    Look a 2013 calendar with a different cover: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb...9upgo1_500.jpg

    The starters are here and so does Awex -____-
    Thats a pokemon calendar, do you think Pignite is de-evolving?

    Oshawott and Axew aren't evolving till the movie anyway but that doesn't confirm anything for Snivy.

  9. #11234
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    4,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Swellow had a horrible move pool yet was shown to be amazing.
    Because back in the day its in game move set was pretty bland too. At least Unfezant has a great in game move set with all those new attacks nowadays.

  10. #11235
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    Look a 2013 calendar with a different cover: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb...9upgo1_500.jpg

    The starters are here and so does Awex -____-
    Oh my God why is Piplup still showing up? It's obviously not because of Dawn's little cameo since that happened ages ago. Seriously, he's like the Pokemon version of Katy Perry; he just keeps popping up everywhere even when he's not doing anything relevant. Like seriously, he had his time during DP and it's time for him to move on.

    But Snivy and the others are cute. No idea why Meloetta is there though. And Tepig.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Snorlax View Post
    Le rant
    I don't know why Oshawott has you so hot and bothered. If he's really not a big deal, then why even bother talking about him?

  11. #11236
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Oh my God why is Piplup still showing up? It's obviously not because of Dawn's little cameo since that happened ages ago. Seriously, he's like the Pokemon version of Katy Perry; he just keeps popping up everywhere even when he's not doing anything relevant. Like seriously, he had his time during DP and it's time for him to move on.

    But Snivy and the others are cute. No idea why Meloetta is there though. And Tepig.



    I don't know why Oshawott has you so hot and bothered. If he's really not a big deal, then why even bother talking about him?

    Oshawott will be the same Kira don't worry, you will be able to see him for years in cute merchandising.

    Popular pokemon that were/are part of the anime team and the 3 starters from this region/Kyurem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Snorlax View Post
    Hummm
    How does being strong means he is a great character? Infernape was fun to watch battle and stuff but he had no personality traits that standed out, he had that trauma and overcame it, his story was good, THE story was good but calling the pokemon itself the best created pokemon is exagerating.

    Buizel, Gliscor, Piplup, Ambipom and I can probably name some more were better CHARACTERS then him, Oshawott certaintly is a better character even if he isn't as strong, also if being strong makes it acceptable that he takes other pokemon spots lets just leave Pikachu(the rat for those who forgot his name) alone ok.

    Plus thats fer taste, not really much to discuss there, its a matter of taste, he/she wasn't comparing anything.

    I would prefer Oshawott to figth more but if he fough people would whine the reserves don't.

    OH what am I saying? the reserves have been taking most battle latelly afte the 4th gym and people still say they get nothing specially that guy that was going to drop the anime but comes here to whine everytime Pikachu, Snivy, Oshawott or Pignite gets a win.

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    Because back in the day its in game move set was pretty bland too. At least Unfezant has a great in game move set with all those new attacks nowadays.
    Hum it kinda has a limited moveset also but with that limited moveset they can do some cool things with it plus the new tutor moves.

    I still prefer she learns Sky Attack instead of Heat Wave like everyone wants her to.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 15th December 2012 at 5:30 AM.

  12. #11237
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    Because back in the day its in game move set was pretty bland too. At least Unfezant has a great in game move set with all those new attacks nowadays.
    Unplesant has a good movepool but in the support area.

    She has access to hypnosis, roost and tailwind as examples, if there were double/triple battles during this league the bird coul've done a good job.

    Heat wave sounds ludicrous.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

    [CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

  13. #11238
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    No it didn't. the whole purpose of BW2-14 was to make sure snivy looked good at the expense of Ash, Pikachu, Pansage, Cilan, and those rich girls.
    Isn't the point of Ash's journey to raise, battle with, and bond with his Pokémon? That's what he's done the past 16 years. Does anyone count Pikachu's and Bulbasaur's wins with Misty in Princess VS Princess? Jessie's battle against her was freakin' hilarious though, even Meowth going out for 5 seconds




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  14. #11239
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Isn't the point of Ash's journey to raise, battle with, and bond with his Pokémon? That's what he's done the past 16 years. Does anyone count Pikachu's and Bulbasaur's wins with Misty in Princess VS Princess? Jessie's battle against her was freakin' hilarious though, even Meowth going out for 5 seconds
    I do, and obviously he isn't doing the first 2 right since he can never win a league.

  15. #11240
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    4,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Hum it kinda has a limited moveset also but with that limited moveset they can do some cool things with it plus the new tutor moves.

    I still prefer she learns Sky Attack instead of Heat Wave like everyone wants her to.
    I don't know. One move won't make a big difference now when we are most likely nearing the end of the region.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    Unplesant has a good movepool but in the support area.

    She has access to hypnosis, roost and tailwind as examples, if there were double/triple battles during this league the bird coul've done a good job.

    Heat wave sounds ludicrous.
    I think it should have got Aerial Ace on first evolution and Sky Attack on second. And at this moment anything like Giga Impact or Heat Wave would have sufficed. But I guess that ship has sailed.

  16. #11241
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    I don't know. One move won't make a big difference now when we are most likely nearing the end of the region.
    Diference in what?

  17. #11242
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    4,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Diference in what?
    Movepool. No matter what we say it is unlikely they will add Heat Wave to its movepool. In case it gets Giga Impact or Sky Attack then its movepool will become:
    Gust\Quick Attack
    Air Cutter
    Aerial Ace
    Sky Attack\Giga Impact
    which is a really shallow movepool.

  18. #11243
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    Movepool. No matter what we say it is unlikely they will add Heat Wave to its movepool. In case it gets Giga Impact or Sky Attack then its movepool will become:
    Gust\Quick Attack
    Air Cutter
    Aerial Ace
    Sky Attack\Giga Impact
    which is a really shallow movepool.
    The point is to give her a strong move, I don't see her getting two new moves if the others got one she probably gets one also.

  19. #11244
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    4,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    The point is to give her a strong move, I don't see her getting two new moves if the others got one she probably gets one also.
    I guess we should be happy with what we get. Unfezant is my least favorite of Ash's team cause I never wanted Ash to get the regional bird this region. Actually I didn't wanted to see him with any flying type. I am sick of this stupid Ash getting bird pattern. And they gave it a movepool similar to starters. It was enough of a curse that the starters get the move of their types only. I think I am biased in here but I suppose that is how the fandom works. Everyone has there favorites.

  20. #11245
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    I guess we should be happy with what we get. Unfezant is my least favorite of Ash's team cause I never wanted Ash to get the regional bird this region. Actually I didn't wanted to see him with any flying type. I am sick of this stupid Ash getting bird pattern. And they gave it a movepool similar to starters. It was enough of a curse that the starters get the move of their types only. I think I am biased in here but I suppose that is how the fandom works. Everyone has there favorites.
    They could have made her different by having her activate Super Luck... you know like Trip showed Ash in his second match? I blame the writers for horribly handling her. Although she could always get a new move and activate her ability like Leavanny last episode.



  21. #11246
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    They could have made her different by having her activate Super Luck... you know like Trip showed Ash in his second match? I blame the writers for horribly handling her. Although she could always get a new move and activate her ability like Leavanny last episode.
    It's weird that Super Luck (if that's her true ability like the egg event suggested) hasn't activated yet... she has a move with a high critical hit ratio, Air Cutter
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  22. #11247
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    I guess we should be happy with what we get. Unfezant is my least favorite of Ash's team cause I never wanted Ash to get the regional bird this region. Actually I didn't wanted to see him with any flying type. I am sick of this stupid Ash getting bird pattern. And they gave it a movepool similar to starters. It was enough of a curse that the starters get the move of their types only. I think I am biased in here but I suppose that is how the fandom works. Everyone has there favorites.
    Well I have my favourites and I'm not biased.

    If I was like that I would have made 20 walls of text on how Scraggy wont get a rival battle in the league while all the other pokemon are XD.

    I like the Regional birds and I love that they didnt go the Braviary route, we just had Staraptor and having a brid with the same battling style while I wouldn't mind would be a copy of the last bird, while he always gets the regional bird they all have been diferent, I don't mind I like some traditions, the regional bird being one, I would also like Satoshi to have the 3 starters all the time but well thats just me.

  23. #11248
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,761

    Default

    I would personally like Steel Wing to be her new move burt really the chances of that happening are non existent lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  24. #11249
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    It's weird that Super Luck (if that's her true ability like the egg event suggested) hasn't activated yet... she has a move with a high critical hit ratio, Air Cutter
    I blame the bad writing. It took how many episodes for Leavanny to use Swarm after Episode 9 of the saga? A lot. It also took until the 8th gym for Pikachu's Static to appear as well. It's almost as if they were scared to show abilities which is weird because Darmanitan's Zen Mode was shown off like crazy. One girl in the Maractus filler, had 3 Zen Mode Darmanitan if I recall correctly. I honestly expected Pidove to become a powerhouse after the even stated that Pidove's ability was Super Luck. As for a new move I'd be veyr happy with Heat Wave or Hyper Beam, but I'd be okay with Sky Attack.



  25. #11250
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I blame the bad writing. It took how many episodes for Leavanny to use Swarm after Episode 9 of the saga? A lot. It also took until the 8th gym for Pikachu's Static to appear as well. It's almost as if they were scared to show abilities which is weird because Darmanitan's Zen Mode was shown off like crazy. One girl in the Maractus filler, had 3 Zen Mode Darmanitan if I recall correctly. I honestly expected Pidove to become a powerhouse after the even stated that Pidove's ability was Super Luck.
    Guess they were hesitant of making her a Trip copy cat maybe?? I would love her to show her ability but not if she's gonna be a fall girl here.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Page 450 of 694 FirstFirst ... 350400440446447448449450451452453454460500550 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •