Page 488 of 694 FirstFirst ... 388438478484485486487488489490491492498538588 ... LastLast
Results 12,176 to 12,200 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

  1. #12176
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Chill dude. It's not as if you slapped my puppy, if I had one.
    I accept that much has come on since i copied and pasted your ideas as my foundation, but i only wished to share your ideas and mine. in any way that you deem fit.

  2. #12177
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    Explain where exactly he would get a charmander egg from?
    He'd better explain why he would give Iris the egg.

    Heck, if that's the case he should give it to Oak for it to go to a novice trainer from Kanto.

    GenI re-remakes anyone? xD
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

    [CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

  3. #12178
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    Which one(s) do you think are most likely
    I was thinking toxeon or scaleon(dragon)
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

  4. #12179
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,644

    Default

    I know this is a pretty ballsy thing to say, but I think Oshawott is going with Ash to the next region. Yeah, yeah, I know it's hard to believe because its never been done before but Oshawott is very popular, Gen IV advertisement or not. I wouldn't mind him going with Ash to the next region since he certainly hasn't hit his prime yet, I could totally see him pulling an Aipom.

  5. #12180
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I know this is a pretty ballsy thing to say, but I think Oshawott is going with Ash to the next region. Yeah, yeah, I know it's hard to believe because its never been done before but Oshawott is very popular, Gen IV advertisement or not. I wouldn't mind him going with Ash to the next region since he certainly hasn't hit his prime yet, I could totally see him pulling an Aipom.
    Why would he do that when theres the gen 6 ripoff to hog all all the screentime.

    Or maybe he can trade off that sucker for something better like aipom.

  6. #12181
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I know this is a pretty ballsy thing to say, but I think Oshawott is going with Ash to the next region. Yeah, yeah, I know it's hard to believe because its never been done before but Oshawott is very popular, Gen IV advertisement or not. I wouldn't mind him going with Ash to the next region since he certainly hasn't hit his prime yet, I could totally see him pulling an Aipom.
    I would accept that if it was one of those cases:

    - Ash pulls a "Johto" and slowly replaces Pokemon
    - Oshawott actually does something during the saga and isn't treated only as a comic relief

    But I honestly find that unlikely. Otherwise, by that logic, we would still be stuck with Piplup (and we all know how popular he was and still is).
    Last edited by Cresselia92; 7th January 2013 at 1:16 AM.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  7. #12182
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    I would accept that if it was one of those cases:

    - Ash pulls a "Johto" and slowly replaces Pokemon
    - Oshawott actually does something during the saga and isn't treated only as a comic relief

    But I honestly find that unlikely. Otherwise, by that logic, we would still be stuck with Piplup (and we all know how popular he was and still is).
    Why would he need to pull a Johto? If it is just Pikachu and Oshawott and they use the rotation process like they did in Unova, there is no need for him to release Pokémon or put them in training or whatever. I don't think Oshawott will stay but if he did, I don't quite understand what you mean by Ash having to pull a Johto.

  8. #12183
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    You may qualify it as a cameo but I don't. The girls returning is considered a guest appearance. A true cameo would be Oak, Delia, Gary, Paul or another minor character watching Ash compete in the League without a speaking role.
    True.. Then it's just a matter of opinions.. I see it as a minor cameo in the opening.. But the cameo's that you listed would qualify as well..

    Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    It would be nice if Ash gave Iris a Charmander egg at the end of BW! *.* okay it's not a dragon but either way . . .
    Screw the egg, I want her to get Charmeleon damnit! xD

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    I was thinking toxeon or scaleon(dragon)
    I think Dragon, considering how Dragon-themed this generation was.. It would be good as they would still have an interesting dragon, without overdoing it like DP/BW did. We need a good Psychic/Addtypehere trio for once...

    HOWEVER, if they don't do Dragon, then I definitely want to see Spectreon.. The Ghost-type, and give it an incredible ability such as Illusion. Zoroark shouldn't be the only one to have that ability, and a Ghost-type Eevee would be the perfect candidate to take it. I could see it having the same spread as Flareon/Leafeon, but with good moves and typing..

    Spectreon: The Ghost Eevee
    - Ability: Illusion/WonderGuard <- Lolz!
    HP: 95
    Att: 130/110
    Def: 65
    SpAtt: 60
    SpDef: 65
    Speed: 110/130

    The first real physical sweeper of the Eeveelutions. Flareon has the Attack stat for it, but lacklustre 65 speed and a SpDef stat it doesn't need with that typing, well, it made it pretty okay in GenI, but that's history (like offensive Chansey). Leafeon is good as a physical fighter and wall and has the 95 speed stat, which makes it good, but not the physical Jolteon that the group is lacking.

    Longstory short:
    - Ghost Type Eevee
    - Physical Jolteon aka Hit fast and hard.
    - Plot twist: SpDef95 switches to HP95 and gives some buffness to the ghost.

    And that's if the type won't be Dragon.. xD
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  9. #12184
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Why would he need to pull a Johto? If it is just Pikachu and Oshawott and they use the rotation process like they did in Unova, there is no need for him to release Pokémon or put them in training or whatever. I don't think Oshawott will stay but if he did, I don't quite understand what you mean by Ash having to pull a Johto.
    In Johto Ash brought all his Kanto team (bar released or Oaked members) and replaced members during the course of the saga: he left Charizard and Cyndaquil replaced him, he left Squirtle and Totodile took his spot, he caught Chikorita and after some episodes Bulbasaur left too. After all the anime has to advertise the new games, so we will probably have the new starters taking most of the spotlight.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  10. #12185
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    In Johto Ash brought all his Kanto team (bar released or Oaked members) and replaced members during the course of the saga: he left Charizard and Cyndaquil replaced him, he left Squirtle and Totodile took his spot, he caught Chikorita and after some episodes Bulbasaur left too. After all the anime has to advertise the new games, so we will probably have the new starters taking most of the spotlight.
    What are you talking about? I know what they did in Johto. But they did that because 4 of Ash's 6 slots were taken by his Kanto Pokémon. If it was just Pikachu and Oshawott, they wouldn't need to pull a Johto since they have the rotation process anyway. Ash could just catch whatever Gen 6 starters he wants.

  11. #12186
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,349

    Default

    Spectreon would suffer from flareon movepool syndrome lol. I mean the only physical ghost moves it could conceivably learn are shadow sneak and shadow claw.

  12. #12187
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    What are you talking about? I know what they did in Johto. But they did that because 4 of Ash's 6 slots were taken by his Kanto Pokémon. If it was just Pikachu and Oshawott, they wouldn't need to pull a Johto since they have the rotation process anyway. Ash could just catch whatever Gen 6 starters he wants.
    He could, but I still find that unlikely. Ash brought Aipom because she had a Gen 4 evolution, and the same applies with Gligar, that evolved in Gliscor. So, if he brings or catches something from a past generation it will most likely have affinity with the 6th Gen. As I have already said, the anime promotes the new games.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  13. #12188
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    He could, but I still find that unlikely. Ash brought Aipom because she had a Gen 4 evolution, and the same applies with Gligar, that evolved in Gliscor. So, if he brings or catches something from a past generation it will most likely have affinity with the 6th Gen. As I have already said, the anime promotes the new games.
    I know that but we're saying IF (I doubt he will) he brings Pikachu and Oshawott, they won't need to pull a Johto especially with the rotation process.

  14. #12189
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    In Johto Ash brought all his Kanto team (bar released or Oaked members) and replaced members during the course of the saga: he left Charizard and Cyndaquil replaced him, he left Squirtle and Totodile took his spot, he caught Chikorita and after some episodes Bulbasaur left too. After all the anime has to advertise the new games, so we will probably have the new starters taking most of the spotlight.
    What are you talking about? Bulbasaur didn't leave until after Ash had obtained Jasmine's badge! Six badges in... o.0

    Ash went to Johto with:
    - Pika
    - Bulba
    - Squirtle
    - Charizard
    - Caught Heracross
    - Caught Chikorita
    ---- Falkner: Pika, Bulba, Squirtle, Charizard, Heracross, Chikorita
    - Left Charizard in the Valley
    - Caught Cyndaquill
    ---- Bugsy: Pika, Bulba, Squirtle, Heracross, Chikorita, Cyndaquill
    - Sends Heracross to Oak
    - Left Squirtle with Jenny
    - Caught Totodile
    - Caught Noctowl
    ---- Whitney: Pika, Bulba, Chikorita, Cyndaquill, Totodile, Noctowl
    - Caught Beedrill, but releases as well
    ---- Morty: Pika, Bulba, Chikorita, Cyndaquill, Totodile, Noctowl
    ---- Chuck: Pika, Bulba, Bayleef, Cyndaquill, Totodile, Noctowl
    ---- Jasmine: Pika, Bulba, Bayleef, Cyndaquill, Totodile, Noctowl
    - Sends Bulbasaur to Oak
    - Ash hatches Phanpy
    ---- Pryce: Pika, Bayleef, Cynda, Toto, Noctowl, Phanpy
    ---- Claire: Pika, Bayleef, Cynda, Toto, Noctowl, Phanpy, - Snorlax, Charizard.

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Spectreon would suffer from flareon movepool syndrome lol. I mean the only physical ghost moves it could conceivably learn are shadow sneak and shadow claw.
    Shadow Claw is a decent move.. Sure, it's not on par with Hydro Pump, or Fire Blast, or the like.. But it's decent, with nice crit rate, Shadow Sneak is Priority, which is also nice..

    Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak, WoW, Something coverage'ish... Fighting-type move or whatnot..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  15. #12190
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    What are you talking about? Bulbasaur didn't leave until after Ash had obtained Jasmine's badge! Six badges in... o.0

    Ash went to Johto with:
    - Pika
    - Bulba
    - Squirtle
    - Charizard
    - Caught Heracross
    - Caught Chikorita
    ---- Falkner: Pika, Bulba, Squirtle, Charizard, Heracross, Chikorita
    - Left Charizard in the Valley
    - Caught Cyndaquill
    ---- Bugsy: Pika, Bulba, Squirtle, Heracross, Chikorita, Cyndaquill
    - Sends Heracross to Oak
    - Left Squirtle with Jenny
    - Caught Totodile
    - Caught Noctowl
    ---- Whitney: Pika, Bulba, Chikorita, Cyndaquill, Totodile, Noctowl
    - Caught Beedrill, but releases as well
    ---- Morty: Pika, Bulba, Chikorita, Cyndaquill, Totodile, Noctowl
    ---- Chuck: Pika, Bulba, Bayleef, Cyndaquill, Totodile, Noctowl
    ---- Jasmine: Pika, Bulba, Bayleef, Cyndaquill, Totodile, Noctowl
    - Sends Bulbasaur to Oak
    - Ash hatches Phanpy
    ---- Pryce: Pika, Bayleef, Cynda, Toto, Noctowl, Phanpy
    ---- Claire: Pika, Bayleef, Cynda, Toto, Noctowl, Phanpy, - Snorlax, Charizard.
    What I meant to say is that at some point of the saga he left too. But I guess that the Original Series shouldn't be taken as an example, since is written differently from the successive ones, where Ash starts fresh in each region (apart of Sinnoh, where Aipom followed him).

    Anyway, if there is something that BW taught us is that we're in unpredictable territories. So... anything can happen.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  16. #12191
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    What I meant to say is that at some point of the saga he left too. But I guess that the Original Series shouldn't be taken as an example, since is written differently from the successive ones, where Ash starts fresh in each region (apart of Sinnoh, where Aipom followed him).

    Anyway, if there is something that BW taught us is that we're in unpredictable territories. So... anything can happen.
    And AG got it right when they had Ash start fresh again. Bulbasaur and Squirtle weren't even used in any Gym Battles. Why were they there!?

  17. #12192
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    And AG got it right when they had Ash start fresh again. Bulbasaur and Squirtle weren't even used in any Gym Battles. Why were they there!?
    Because they sell merchandise. They also set the bar way too high for the unova "I'm too Kawaii for evolution" pair.

  18. #12193
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Because they sell merchandise. They also set the bar way too high for the unova "I'm too Kawaii for evolution" pair.
    I like Squirtle but I always found Bulbasaur to be overrated as a character and on occasions, as a battler.

  19. #12194
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I like Squirtle but I always found Bulbasaur to be overrated as a character and on occasions, as a battler.
    They both have their BS battle moments... Squirtle couldn't even survive a single Fire Spin (uber move in the anime) from Blaine's Ninetales yet could take Electric moves like there nothing from then on... even beating that girl in the league's Electabuzz (some Pikachu has never beaten)
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  20. #12195
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    1,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    They both have their BS battle moments... Squirtle couldn't even survive a single Fire Spin (uber move in the anime) from Blaine's Ninetales yet could take Electric moves like there nothing from then on... even beating that girl in the league's Electabuzz (some Pikachu has never beaten)
    But Blaine trained Ninetales to beat Water types, looking at his reaction when Ash sent Squirtle, it looks like he does that all the time

  21. #12196
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    They both have their BS battle moments... Squirtle couldn't even survive a single Fire Spin (uber move in the anime) from Blaine's Ninetales yet could take Electric moves like there nothing from then on... even beating that girl in the league's Electabuzz (some Pikachu has never beaten)
    Yeah, I agree. The fandom seems to treat the Kanto starters like gods and while Charizard had his share of impressive wins, I have never really seen Bulbasaur and Squirtle as powerhouses especially not in Kanto. I re-watched Kanto recently and both of them had their fair share of losses. So if we are comparing Kanto Bulbasaur and Squirtle with Oshawott and Snivy, I really don't see how the former 2 are way better than the latter 2 like some people are trying to say.

  22. #12197
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    But Blaine trained Ninetales to beat Water types, looking at his reaction when Ash sent Squirtle, it looks like he does that all the time
    That Girl trained Electabuzz to deal with Water types because she's a Fire User... I don't see anything other then Blaine being a haxed gym leader

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Yeah, I agree. The fandom seems to treat the Kanto starters like gods and while Charizard had his share of impressive wins, I have never really seen Bulbasaur and Squirtle as powerhouses especially not in Kanto. I re-watched Kanto recently and both of them had their fair share of losses. So if we are comparing Kanto Bulbasaur and Squirtle with Oshawott and Snivy, I really don't see how the former 2 are way better than the latter 2 like some people are trying to say.
    Squirtle's only biggest win was the mainly off-screen battle with Nidorino in the Indigo League... says a lot about it's power back then. Best thing now is it beat Brandon's lowly Ninjask... at least Bulbasaur beat Dusclops and tied with Solrock
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  23. #12198
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,917

    Default

    The Kanto starters were treated as gods because they starred in the Johto league over the actual Johto team, and were then used against Brandon who was Ash's biggest challenge to date at the time. Not to mention Charizard itself gets constant comebacks against powerful pokemon.

    It wasn't until Sceptile and Infernape became fully evolved that Ash's Kanto pokemon stopped being viewed as the best.

  24. #12199
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    It wasn't until Sceptile and Infernape became fully evolved that Ash's Kanto pokemon stopped being viewed as the best.
    Their still viewed as more powerful then those two...
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  25. #12200
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    1,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    That Girl trained Electabuzz to deal with Water types because she's a Fire User... I don't see anything other then Blaine being a haxed gym leader


    Squirtle's only biggest win was the mainly off-screen battle with Nidorino in the Indigo League... says a lot about it's power back then. Best thing now is it beat Brandon's lowly Ninjask... at least Bulbasaur beat Dusclops and tied with Solrock
    Almost every Gym Leader that doesn´t travel with Ash or faces him is "haxed", Crasher Wake showed how boring would be to see Ash sweeping a gym without losing a single Pokémon.

    Squirtle´s biggest League win was against Electabuzz and Quilava in Johto, that Nidorino match hardly counts

Page 488 of 694 FirstFirst ... 388438478484485486487488489490491492498538588 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •