Page 496 of 694 FirstFirst ... 396446486492493494495496497498499500506546596 ... LastLast
Results 12,376 to 12,400 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    True. I am still weary of assuming which one of these Pokemon will be the most popular. Maybe they are revealing the starters early, so they can see which one gets all the buzz in Japan, so that they can prep their evil anime writer hands and choose which mon they will keep unevolved.

I think Froakie looks like it can be the Tepig/Chimcar of the next series ^.^, I can see Ash getting Chespin or a female lead (if they have one), with Fennekin going to a female rival. It would make so much sense, and I bet they are going to make its evolved formed look very sleek.. Kind of like when you compare Purrloin to its evolved form.
    If that were the case, they would've given us the final evolved forms, and the least favorite, would've been the Pokémon that doesn't evolve in the anime.

Edit: Oh and I don't think initial most popular = most marketable.

Snivy was the most popular starter yet in the end the most marketable Pokémon that became the most popular was Oshawott. People just felt sorry for Oshawott, and that really changed with Ash's Oshawott.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Give Chespin to a companion, like Piplup and Dawn. Keep it unevolved if it really does become the big merch seller this gen. I'm hoping for Ash's main rival to be a female with a Fennekin and Ash finally gets the water starter and evolves it fully.

Quote Originally Posted by foxxface View Post
    Give Chespin to a companion, like Piplup and Dawn. Keep it unevolved if it really does become the big merch seller this gen. I'm hoping for Ash's main rival to be a female with a Fennekin and Ash finally gets the water starter and evolves it fully.
    That would be ideal.

I like how we are already content with one of these starters not evolving possibly. The pokemon writers conditioned us well I see..

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Ash shouldn't get the Grass starter they need to break that tradition. He already has a full 6 team of grass types lol. Bulbasaur, Bayleef, Sceptile, Torterra, Snivy and Leavanny

Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    Ash shouldn't get the Grass starter they need to break that tradition. He already has a full 6 team of grass types lol. Bulbasaur, Bayleef, Sceptile, Torterra, Snivy and Leavanny
    I either want him to get Chespin or Froakie. The first one more though, it's so beast looking lol. Froakie would be epic too though, have a calm water starter for some variety (assuming he would be calm as he looks quite calm in his sprite)

What I really want is that only Ash's rivals or companions to get the starters so Ash will finally have a non-starter team. That would be interesting as well.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong

Quote Originally Posted by IcySealeo View Post
    What I really want is that only Ash's rivals or companions to get the starters so Ash will finally have a non-starter team. That would be interesting as well.
    No, I still prefer Ash to end up with one starter, it's kind of his trademark to have at least one from each region.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

I'm not sure on any new captures for at this point, Ash could capture a Pokemon who has a 6th gen evolution and follows Ash or something much like Aipom did.

I could see a few evolutions though, I do hope for at least 1 to 3 new evolutions and if Ash returns his older Pokemon which is likely I'll say Corphish.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

I want ash to for sure have the fire type starter. Because it looks really cool and fits ash, well atleast i think it fits ash
    Copy this into your signature if you want to see these guys soon http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_with_Oak.png.

Shiny Pokemon I have found: (Both In Pokemon Fire Red) (Yes I found 2, with-in 30 mins of each other as well)

Quote Originally Posted by IcySealeo View Post
    That will never happen. Starters are what they are. they are chosen as they can be marketed and that's what the anime is all about.

Nah they just need to start a tradition, have Satoshi use the 3 starters again.

OK. I am so hyped about these starters its not even funny! I love them, their designs and potential personalities And with that, I'm gonna post what I'd really like to see as a basis for Gen 6 Anime.

Ash-
    Pikachu-durr
    Common bird- I hope they can find a way to make the bird more interesting. A good first step is to give it an interesting color scheme(last interesting color scheme was taillow), and then work up from there. Maybe it could have trouble flying?
    Chespin- I think it could be like one of those indifferent pokemon, like pikachu, but I could also see a happy-go-lucky and prideful Chespin like Oshawott. I wonder if it'll have vine whip, because I feel like thats just such a useful move in the anime.
    Fennekin- I saw someone say that it would just love to curl up and sleep a lot, and that is a good idea, but I want her to be in the important little group, with the females main poke, and the pika clone like every other region. As much as I hate it, maybe she could have Attract/Captivate? Too bad she can't have cute charm to avoid that though... I actually wouldn't mind her being the unevolved starter while the other two evolve.
    Froakie- He can definitely be a combo of Treecko and Chimchar. A serious battler, except have a low self esteem. Except no bs trainer abandonment, I'm sick of that plot. I really hope he has bubblebeam as his go-to move, instead of watergun like all of Ash's other water types(though corphish did have it). This could be the time the main water type evolves yay!
    ---Other Possibilities(no particular order)
    Eevee- She was in that statue so she is in the game(maybe), and I thought that was a sign what with the short and all her marketability, but then thats two fennec foxes on ash's team..
    Steel/Fighting type Samurai- I had a dream last night that the soon to be corocoro showed a samurai design, similar to cubone, except instead of a skull, there was a helmet similar to the shape of pupitar. I forget if he was holding a sword or not.. But his body color was an pale orange-brown like the color of Vulpix. The armor was a green similar to that of Axew. If there is a design like this in Gen 6, and ash catches it, he should be a silent but deadly type.
    Psychic type- I have no idea what this could look like, but I hope he gets his first psychic type in Gen 6.
    Poison type- I just love the idea of ash catching a magenta pure poison typed humanoid-ish design. Preferably a tar-pit-monster. Definitely a male pokemon.

French Blonde Girl(maybe Selene or like someone said, Claire)
    Cute 3 stage poke- Like Axew, a cute three stage poke as her starter would be so great! Maybe more of a funny personality, and less of the boring baby personality. It could be like piplup, and be overconfident, puff up its chest, and fall overXD
    Pika Clone- Oh man I can't wait to see what the pika clone looks like! By far pikachu clones are some of the most exciting designs for me. I hope this ones like pachirisu, a bit of a ditz. But personalities depend on the design.
    Water type Kappa/Platypus- Like Psyduck or Munclax, I really want a cute and funny comedic poke. It could be one of those dopey ones, who always has a blank stare. But it should be very determined. Man I could just picture it:3
    ---Other Possibilities(No particular order)
    Cute Grass type- For some reason the trainers never get a really feminine grass type, and if my prediction of the girl being a coordinator, then a poke like this would be very beneficial. Maybe a fairy/pixy/elf or anything similar to petilil or whimsicott. Maybe a Sundew or Iris based pokemon. I wouldn't mind a sloth too.
    Cute Normal type- like buneary, except maybe less cutsey pokes for herXD Sorry I'm a sucker for cutesy pokemon:P Maybe something like a lazy viscacha?

Cilan-
    Grass type Koala- I think it's just perfect for him, plus a koala is a long time coming. Pansage could stay, but I'd rather it not. I loved pansage since its release, but the other two are just weighting it down for me. They had the chance to make it overpopular with more appearences and episodes specifically for it, but they didn't. I just think it'd be stale.
    Some big pokemon- The male character should always have one evolved pokemon ala Sudowudo and Crustle just to balance the main cast out.
    Water type Kappa/Platypus- I hope that gf can make both:3 The other can go to Cilan

Thats all for now! Tell me your comments

I would like Ash to get Fennekin and Froakie. Cilan should get Chespin as his new grass type

I don't want Ash to catch the regional bird...unless the regional bird has a different primary type...you know,how they broke the Normal cat tradition with Purrloin.

If Fennekin's secondary type is Psychic,then I want Ash to get it.He's never had a Psychic type.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    I don't want Ash to catch the regional bird...unless the regional bird has a different primary type...you know,how they broke the Normal cat tradition with Purrloin.

If Fennekin's secondary type is Psychic,then I want Ash to get it.He's never had a Psychic type.
    You don't know how much I agree with you right now. I'm hoping that more Pokemon will be revealed so we can speculate more stuff.

I like the regional bird tradition. What I didn't like is Unfezant's limited moveset same as Swellow, but at least Swellow has Double Team to make it a tiny bit better.

Noctowl and Starptor are the only interesting ones.

Extrasensory, Air Slash, and Sky Attack
    Brave Bird, Close Combat, Aerial Ace, (Quick Attack)

compared to

Peck, Aerial Ace, Quick Attack, Double Team
    Air Cutter, Aerial Ace, Quick Attack, and Gust.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Nah they just need to start a tradition, have Satoshi use the 3 starters again.
    If they're handled a lot better then the BW starters I wouldn't mind if he got all three

If they're handled a lot better then the BW starters I wouldn't mind if he got all three
    The problem is in general I pretty much like all three 6th gen starters.

Not that I had a problem with 5th gen starters, but I like the 6th gen starters a lot more.

If I had known about Chespin, Finnekin, and Froakie and I was part of the anime.

I would've just given Ash Snivy and Oshawott, then given all three 6th gen starters, and pray come 7th generation there's one I really dislike, and not give that one to Ash (hopefully the grass starter).

Edit: But here's a problem, I can understand focusing solely on Oshawott in screentime, and Tepig in development, somehow screwing Snivy in the process. But why do that with 6th gen when they can be treated equally.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 9th January 2013 at 10:51 PM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Honestly, I do not like Froakie's design.. Ash should get Fennekin and Chespin next gen. The whole idea of Fennecin being "too feminine" is really dumb, and whoever thought that up should just stop.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

With the 6th gen starters lets wait until their evo's are revealed who knows maybe their evo's will change some peoples minds about which starter(s) they would like Ash to get.

I would like Iris to get at least one more dragon type before she leaves maybe Altaria or Bagon.

Quote Originally Posted by stanleysmith View Post
    Honestly, I do not like Froakie's design.. Ash should get Fennekin and Chespin next gen. The whole idea of Fennecin being "too feminine" is really dumb, and whoever thought that up should just stop.
    While I disagree with your taste in relation to Froakie about Fennekin yeah Fennekin is doing a cute pose in what we saw, ingame it doesn't look that feminine if they make it have a diferent pose diferent look(the eyes do a lot) it can pass as male easly, heck we clearly saw Shooti Snivy was male even though at first people said Snivy was feminine also.

Quote Originally Posted by DEMONCAMERUPT View Post
    With the 6th gen starters lets wait until their evo's are revealed who knows maybe their evo's will change some peoples minds about which starter(s) they would like Ash to get.

I would like Iris to get at least one more dragon type before she leaves maybe Altaria or Bagon.
    No I don't care if any of them evolve into a pile of crap, I still would like Ash with all three.

And if I hate the final evolved starters THAT much, then I won't have any problem if it stays unevolved.

While I disagree with your taste in relation to Froakie about Fennekin yeah Fennekin is doing a cute pose in what we saw, ingame it doesn't look that feminine if they make it have a diferent pose diferent look(the eyes do a lot) it can pass as male easly, heck we clearly saw Shooti Snivy was male even though at first people said Snivy was feminine also.
    Well I want Ash with a female Fennekin so I disagree with you there.

But I kind of disagree with you on Snivy.

Ash's Snivy and any reproduction of her specifically I can see Snivy being considered feminine. I didn't get that at all with Trip's Snivy, and I highly doubt there any design differences between the two.

A lot of it has to do with mannerisms.

I was going to say that Ash could have Chespin (grass type tradition) and Froakie (I think he likes the "frog" or "toad" Pokémon; Bulbasaur, Palpitoad), wich could be his first Water Starter evolving (if Oshawott doesn't).
    Fennekin could go to Cilan (he needs feminism, come on!) to reminds Brock's Vulpix, wich I liked it in the past, or to the girl (if Iris is leaving) to express the futur girl's feminine side.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

I don't know what it is about Froakie I don't like. ^^ It will grow on me in time, especially once it appears in the anime. I tend to like Pokemon more once I see them in the anime and everything... I don't see a reason to make it male. They don't need to.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post

Well I want Ash with a female Fennekin so I disagree with you there.

But I kind of disagree with you on Snivy.

Ash's Snivy and any reproduction of her specifically I can see Snivy being considered feminine. I didn't get that at all with Trip's Snivy, and I highly doubt there any design differences between the two.

A lot of it has to do with mannerisms.
    Disagree in what? I don't mind either sex I'm just saying they can make it male and look male.

Exactly, Snivy artwork and Satoshi make it seems feminine but Shooti atitude and maneirisms kinda gave it away that it was most likelly male.

Quote Originally Posted by stanleysmith View Post
    I don't know what it is about Froakie I don't like. ^^ It will grow on me in time, especially once it appears in the anime. I tend to like Pokemon more once I see them in the anime and everything... I don't see a reason to make it male. They don't need to.
    No worries just saying I liked it you have the rigth to have your own taste, I had the same problem with Hoenn, a lot of the pokemon due to the diferent type of art and sprites(or maybe it was just me) looked weird, things like Trapinch,etc only sitted well with me after seeing them in the anime.

I think I don't truly dislike any pokemon, there is stuff like the Icecream evolutions and Gear evolutions(I like the base stages) that I really think were badly done, just like I like Serperior and Samurott but I don't think theyu should have been the evolutions of Dewott and Servine but I got used to them and I'm sure others like it so I have to respect it .
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 9th January 2013 at 11:43 PM.

Page 496 of 694 FirstFirst ... 396446486492493494495496497498499500506546596 ... LastLast