Page 514 of 694 FirstFirst ... 414464504510511512513514515516517518524564614 ... LastLast
Results 12,826 to 12,850 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Hmm... Well, not sure if this helps/supports with this "Kids Set" toys but they're doing a Dream World promotion of Arceus dolls for Global Link in Japan, update on Serebii's main page. Probably nothing, just a coincidence. :/

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by Ash&Pikachu-Fan View Post
    Hmm... Well, not sure if this helps/supports with this "Kids Set" toys but they're doing a Dream World promotion of Arceus dolls for Global Link in Japan, update on Serebii's main page. Probably nothing, just a coincidence. :/
    Exactly and Deoxys was in the Eevee set for the same reason, all the other pokemon in the set, anime pokemon, the other pokemon are most likelly appearing in the anime, it belonging(Typhlosion) to Satoshi is just a wish.

Latest 3 sets

All apeared

Spoiler:- Piplup set:

Zoroark and Zorua didn't but migth appear here but like Arceus and Deoxys I remember Zoroark being promoted some time ago

Spoiler:- Meloetta set:

Deoxys was getting a card game set I believe and since middle last year all the legendaries have been promoted anyway

Spoiler:- Eevee set:
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 19th January 2013 at 1:18 PM.

As much as I'd like Typhlosion, I don't see that happening. But it would be cool if that happened, since the Pokemon barely appeared in the anime (only two cameos in AG).
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    As much as I'd like Typhlosion, I don't see that happening. But it would be cool if that happened, since the Pokemon barely appeared in the anime (only two cameos in AG).
    If its in the kids set its most likelly appearing, thats the reason why I want it and Feraligatr to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    I too would love to see Ash with another fully evolved fire type, but I'm starting to think it's a little unfair with the other types Ash has. There isn't really an equal balance anymore:

Grass
    Bulbasaur-Doesn't want to evolve, powerful the way it is
    Chikorita-Bayleef-Evolved once to protect Ash, could evolve again in the future but I hope not
    Treecko-Grovyle-Sceptile-Fully evolved grass powerhouse, can't evolve anymore
    Turtwig-Grotle-Torterra-Fully evolved, personally wished it didn't evolve again and instead learnt how to be a tank
    Snivy-Base form, might evolve in the time we have left with it, though probably not.
    Sewaddle-SwadloonLeavanny-Fully evolved, rarely appears.

3 fully evolved, 1 middle stage, 2 base form. Nice balance, though looking at it, Snivy should probably evolve again

Fire
    Charmander-Charmeleon-Charizard-Fully evolved fire powerhouse
    Cyndaquil-Quilava-Could evolve again in the future, the merchandise could suggest an evolution though probably just a COTD pokemon
    Torkoal-Can't evolve, not really much of a powerhouse
    Chimchar-Monferno-Infernape-Fully evolved fire powerhouse
    Tepig-Pignite-Could evolve again in the future with the time we have left, can see it happening

2 fully evolved, 2 middle stage, 1 base stage. Pignite could evolve again in the future and the merchandise suggests a Typhlosion

Water
    Squirtle-Could evolve, can't see it as it would change the Squirtle Squad if he did
    Krabby-Kingler-Fully evolved water powerhouse, I miss it so much
    Totodile-Could evolve, wouldn't hate to see it
    Corpish-Could evolve, now that Ash owns a dark type, it could easily be written in
    Buizel-Could evolve, I wished it did
    Oshawott-Could evolve, with it's popularity, I seriously doubt it
    Palpitoad-Could evolve, no reason not to

1 fully evolved, 1 middle stage, 5 base stage. Oshawott won't evolve, Palpitoad could and we could always get a random appearance from an old water pokemon belonging to Ash

I know the water types have never amassed to that much, but looking at the grass and the fire, the fire types look set to have more evolutions than the grass types again. An Emboar or Typhlosion would certainly turn the tide, and if Snivy doesn't evolve then it'll look even bleaker. I personally hope that Ash's Quilava never evolves and that Totodile either fully evolves or Palpitoad or Buizel does instead.

Random thought: Anyone think Ash will capture something new in this saga before gen 6, akin to Aipom?
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post
    Random thought: Anyone think Ash will capture something new in this saga before gen 6, akin to Aipom?
    I do as it's going to be 9 months
    Problem is there's all the Charizard stuff goin on... so we'll see :P
    3DS Friend Code: 0473-8153-4660 (Fairy safari)
    I'll fix my sig eventually....
    Emerald Nuzlocke Team: Fire Red Randomizer Nuzlocke Team:
    Black 2 team:Y Team:
    Predictions for Ash's team:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Come on though, do you really think Quilava would come back and evolve again?

If it really did, it must be leading towards something.. Obviously itself and Pignite are the only unevolved Fire types, so if they're purposely going to return and evolve, there must be something big in the future with Fire types..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

So what pokemon are spoiled?

Is Charizard really coming back, and if so is it ash's?
    Manga's I'm up to date with.

Spoiler:- undefined:

Catching up to

Hunter x Hunter
    Battle Tendency
    Eyeshield 21

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post

If it really did, it must be leading towards something.. Obviously itself and Pignite are the only unevolved Fire types, so if they're purposely going to return and evolve, there must be something big in the future with Fire types..
    Again wishing a pokemon not to evolve because others didn't is a stupid argument, he can have 100 fully evolved fire pokemon, I still want the 101 pokemon to evolve, Pignite evolving didn't hinder anything to the other, they had enough time to evolve Snivy and Oshawott, they didn't want to.

Also once again that was me hoping its his Quilava, a Typhlosion is going to appear if its the normal kids set like I said if its Satoshi to me its a plus, I want to see more old pokemon and if any can come back and evolve I welcome any to do that, it can be a random Typhlosion also but I'm hoping if it isn't Satoshi its somehow a strong pokemon and not a random background pokemon.

Sure, why not? I'm not expecting it but if it does return, I sure wouldn't mind seeing it! Although I am expecting at least one return evolution. Any is fine really.

After all, its just an evolution, Ash has a large range of fire type Pokemon and it doesn't look like he'd stop catching any, any time soon. Its silly to think its type may effect it evolving 'cause he already owns more than one fully evolved fire type, same with any other types, if they get the chance then why not?

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Oooh, man I hate it when people misunderstand what you're saying on the internet and you have to explain it -.-

Basically, what I'm saying is.. If they were really bringing back Quilava to evolve it again, wouldn't that strike you as a bit suspicious? Like, there was this little Cyndaquil in amongst all these large Fire types and they then decide to bring it back and evolve it twice in two consecutive regions?

Along with Tepig being the only Unova starter to evolve and Charizard making a comeback, it would really make me think something was happening if they brought back Quilava and evolved it as well.. Charizard, Typhlosion, Torkoal, Infernape, Pignite/Emboar in an ultimate Fire type tournament or something? I dunno, I might just be thinking a little too much into it.. but I can't see why they would suddenly return Cyndaquil and evolve it twice in two consecutive regions, without a hidden reasoning.

Oooh, man I hate it when people misunderstand what you're saying on the internet and you have to explain it -.-

Basically, what I'm saying is.. If they were really bringing back Quilava to evolve it again, wouldn't that strike you as a bit suspicious? Like, there was this little Cyndaquil in amongst all these large Fire types and they then decide to bring it back and evolve it twice in two consecutive regions?

Along with Tepig being the only Unova starter to evolve and Charizard making a comeback, it would really make me think something was happening if they brought back Quilava and evolved it as well.. Charizard, Typhlosion, Torkoal, Infernape, Pignite/Emboar in an ultimate Fire type tournament or something? I dunno, I might just be thinking a little too much into it.. but I can't see why they would suddenly return Cyndaquil and evolve it twice in two consecutive regions, without a hidden reasoning.
    Clearly the writers and producers are biased toward the Fire-type starters. :P

If Quilava had to evolve I'd like to see him battling some matches before, since his battle against Nando was terribly short and mostly skipped. But to be honest, if I had to evolve a Johto starter, I'd like to see Croconaw first, before seeing Typhlosion. Bayleef - Quilava - Croconaw is a quite balanced combination.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Lol, I interperted it that way because thats what most people say, I don't see any conspiracy theory, people arguably can say that Cyndaquil was a lot stronger then Charmander and we always though it was going to evolve(I'm talking about Charmander only not evolutions) and got so many wins that we were all WTF by the end of the region as to why it didn't evolve, I guess now knowing about marketability, etc Cyndaquil being one of the most popular starters nowdays I get but anyway, they train at the lab, so while Satoshi is training the current team the others are also getting better at the lab to be ready for their trainer, do you guys don't think if Quilava trains with lets say Infernape on a daily basis he isn't getting stronger? I would have no problem with him evolving again but like I said, I don't find it likelly the Typhlosion wil probably belong to someone else.

To me any pokemon at the lab rigth now coming back could evolve from the get go like Cyndaquil did, I also said that I would love if he asked for Totodile and Oak told him he is a Croconaw now because he trained after seeing all his "friends" from Johto evolved(Phanpy, Cyndaquil, Chikorita) and then evolve it to Feraligatr onscreen but the anime isn't written that way so I'm not expecting that either lol but I would accept it since he isn't from the current in rotation team.

Again the whole evolution is my wish, we get freakin wish list with no base 90% of the post around here(not now since the region is almost done), I just said this based on seeing a Typhlosion which I find weird to appear in Isshu out of nowhere unless we get some kind of fire type tournament or wtv or Hikari coming back again(which is not happening) /slitswrists.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 19th January 2013 at 4:58 PM.

I'd love to see just about anything come back and evolve.. but I get a feeling we would've seen more old Pokémon in the opening again if that was the case.

Say the ranch scene from the last opening was in this one instead, I'd think something was going to happen with others because of Charizard appearing, but since there's nothing like that around, I just can't see it.. This saga is probably just likely to consist of Plasma and random side plots concerning COTD's. I'd love to see something more, but I just don't believe in the writers 'that' much.

Totodile > Croconaw
    Snivy > Servine
    Quilava > Typhlosion
    Bayleef > Meganium
    Gible > Gabite
    Palpitoad > Seismitoad
    Scraggy > Scrafty
    Pignite > Emboar

A combination of any of those would be nice to see, but I just can't imagine it happening. The awkward thing is, that if Ash doubles up on basic/first stages, he's less like to use the latter one in future regions. Like, say he goes on to face someone and requires a Grass type.. He's either going to go for a fully evolved one, or his oldest and most reliable.

Bulbsaur/Sceptile/Torterra > Bayleef/Snivy

Oh don't get me wrong if you see me posting I already said that it seems like old pokemon besides Charizard wont do crap because there is no tournament set up at the time and the arc will be small but seeing Typhlosion out of nowhere gave me some hope.

It's kinda giving me a little bit of hope too now. I hate having hope, because then I end up more disappointed later on.. Darn you Pepsi Plunge! lol..

Why does everyone seem to love the Fire types... their pretty much the middle-child of the Pokemon starter spectrum
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

The only plausible reason I could see it happening (despite how unfortunate it would be for Quilava to have little screentime) is because the writers want Ash to have a fully evolved Generation 2 starter, since every other saga has done so and how it is likely we may have Emboar before the end of BW.

Why does everyone want poor little totodile to evolve? He's still a tank . I'd rather see his corphish, palpi, meganium or gible evolve imo
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    Why does everyone want poor little totodile to evolve? He's still a tank . I'd rather see his corphish, palpi, meganium or gible evolve imo
    Totodile a tank? You're joking right?

Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    Totodile a tank? You're joking right?
    more like a low-class dps :P

i would like to see some evolutions now..and since team rocket is back to being a pest..they could use them as a plot device for evolutions

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Why does everyone seem to love the Fire types... they're pretty much the middle-child of the Pokemon starter spectrum
    Aside from grammar, what does that mean?

In general, it's:
    - Grass: Bulky - Venusaur, Meganium, Torterra, Serperior
    - Fire: Offensive - Pretty much all
    - Water: Mix - Pretty much all have decent bulk and attacking stats.

If anything, the Water-type is the 'middle child' between offensive and defensive..

You mean Bayleef?
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Totodile would be more useful if it evolved. Its moveset is currently awful.

If the writers didn't bother with the Johto starters when HGSS came out they won't now.

I believe the writers have a bias against the Johto starters. That's why they clung to Ash"s Kanto starters for so long into Johto.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Why does everyone seem to love the Fire types... their pretty much the middle-child of the Pokemon starter spectrum
    What does that have to do with anything we are talking about?

I don't want Typhlosion to happen more then Croconaw, its the same to me even though Typhlosion is my favourite starter(Feraligatr is my second favourite).

I'm speculating merely because the thing is in a set.

I don't get your other expression but most people I know have a fire starter as their favourite starter its people taste, last time I heard you actually admited you were biased towards grass starters/Pokemon, am I going to ask you why they are your favourites? no, thats taste you can't arguee, its not like a person is saying some stupid **** and I'm going to contest it, no its just your taste just like others like the fire types, there is no explanation unless you think we are all pyromaniacs or something lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    If the writers didn't bother with the Johto starters when HGSS came out they won't now.

I believe the writers have a bias against the Johto starters. That's why they clung to Ash"s Kanto starters for so long into Johto.
    You are the one baised against them not the writers lol, they used Hoenn. Kanto Pokemon besides Johot and Sinnoh in the latst league aka any reserve as achance to appear if the writers have intentions of using them besides Charizard.

Anyway ignoring Satoshi Typhlosion a Typhlosion is appearing unless some random Johto starters promotion pops around or this isn't the normal kids set but the attack kids set which doesn't always related to the anime but since Yusuf didn't post it as a the attack set I guess its a normal set.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Aside from grammar, what does that mean?

In general, it's:
    - Grass: Bulky - Venusaur, Meganium, Torterra, Serperior
    - Fire: Offensive - Pretty much all
    - Water: Mix - Pretty much all have decent bulk and attacking stats.

If anything, the Water-type is the 'middle child' between offensive and defensive..

You mean Bayleef?
    Haha if he is basing that on stats...since when do you choose your favourite pokemon based on stats? I didn't know anything about base stats back in Kanto and Johto I picked the pokemon I like it and thats still what I do when a new games comes out, I pick the one that I like the design most, I don't go to the web to check their stats and choose the ones that is better, thats endgame stuff that I can do post game if I want to compete in tournaments.

Why wouldn't we? most of us want all the pokemon to evolve because that how it should work and Totodile deserves to evovles as much as anything else, plus there is somehow a notion that he is weak and has no good wins, so him evolving would shut up people about it, Cybercubed and such.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 19th January 2013 at 8:06 PM.

Page 514 of 694 FirstFirst ... 414464504510511512513514515516517518524564614 ... LastLast