Page 545 of 694 FirstFirst ... 445495535541542543544545546547548549555595645 ... LastLast
Results 13,601 to 13,625 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Poochyena is a cutie pie(aka marketable) and my favourite dark type along with probably Zorua, I want Satoshi to have all the starters so obviously I would like him to have a Blaziken, so I would want him toh ave this two pokemon, not that I believe hes getting them though.
    Problem is neither Poochyena nor Mightyena are good dark type Pokemon.

They are more like normal types, but just dark.

I don't know, it would honestly be a waste a space, in my opinion. I'd probably prefer Zorua/Zoroark to be honest. At least it would give Ash a gimmicky Pokemon.

Or how about Houndour/Houndoom, I'd much prefer them over Poochyena, sure maybe Poochyena is cute and stuff, but I don't think that alone is going to work with Ash.

It's bad enough that we already have a waste of space in Oshawott.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

It really wa sweird that he only caught 5 Hoenn pokemon and I would have liked him to get Spoink or something. Too bad he never did.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Problem is neither Poochyena nor Mightyena are good dark type Pokemon.

They are more like normal types, but just dark.

I don't know, it would honestly be a waste a space, in my opinion. I'd probably prefer Zorua/Zoroark to be honest. At least it would give Ash a gimmicky Pokemon.

Or how about Houndour/Houndoom, I'd much prefer them over Poochyena, sure maybe Poochyena is cute and stuff, but I don't think that alone is going to work with Ash.

It's bad enough that we already have a waste of space in Oshawott.
    Good as in what? stats? they aren't good anything, since when do we choose pokemon designs we like based on stats?

I don't really care if others would be more suited, Locormus was asking if anyone wanted Satoshi with either, I said I would because I like both, I like Satoshi to have the 3 starters always(my taste deal with it), I liked Poochyena and wanted someone to get it in Hoenn, Satoshi being the character that I care most since he is the protagonist and the guy that doesn't get kicked out of the show makes him the perfect candidate to have one of my favourite pokemon.

Me liking Poochyena more then other dark types is not up for debate.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 13th February 2013 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    It really wa sweird that he only caught 5 Hoenn pokemon and I would have liked him to get Spoink or something. Too bad he never did.
    Then he would have traded out torkoal and he already was the most shafted on the team since we know corphish swellow and grovyle had permament spots.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Then he would have traded out torkoal and he already was the most shafted on the team since we know corphish swellow and grovyle had permament spots.
    Together with Glalie, yes.

Good as in what? stats? they aren't good anything, since when do we choose pokemon designs we like based on stats?
    I meant movepool, appearance and anything else.

They are just too mundane, too simple, too basic. They don't have a special quirk. I mean if you want Ash with a dog like Pokemon then sure.

But again I prefer Houndour/Houndoom in that sense. But I'll agree that Poochyena/Mightyena are good for Ash over the Lillipup line.

I just don't really care for the Pokemon. I guess being able to use all elemental fang attacks (excluding poison fang) is nice and decent. I just.....*shrugs*....prefer other Pokemon for capture possibilities.

BUT if Mightyena gets an evolution in 6th gen, and it ends up being a badass design, maybe there will be hope for it yet.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

If Ash gets one starter instead of three, that starter is almost guaranteed to evolve to its final stage.

Or have somebody like Paul again, and then Ash will assemble an army.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    Together with Glalie, yes.
    Glalie was caught too late.

I can really only speculate what the writers were planning when they made Ash’s Hoenn Team, but looking back I note two things.

His Hoenn Team was caught/rotated in Elemental Rock Paper Scissors Order:
    Pikachu/Electric > Swellow/Flying > Sceptile/Grass > Corphish/Water > Torkoal/Fire > Glalie/Ice > Donphan/Ground (which beats Electric completing the circle).

I've actually made a game of this to see what other Types could be inserted into the group. (Since Pikachu and Donphan are part of the HoennDex the team appears to be Regional and not Generational. So Muk and Heracross can be rotated in as the Poison and Bug or Fighting Types.)

The Hoenn Team also has several callbacks to Ash’s past teams (at least for the Flying, Grass, Fire, and Water types)

Swellow: The Regional Normal/Flying Bird.

Sceptile: As a Plant/Reptile Hybrid Sceptile is the only Hoenn Starter with anything in common with Ash’s past starters-at least in terms of looks. I don’t know if this has anything to with the writer’s decisions for what Ash got I’m just making an observation.

Corphish: Like Kingler he is a Crustacean though this could be coincidental. (There may be a real life influence here for why Corphish was chosen over Mudkip: Corphish is based on a Crayfish, which Bulbapedia at least says are popular pets in Japan)

Torkoal: Again I note being a Turtle (like Squirtle) could be a coincidence, but anyways Gen III only gave us three new Fire-types and with May getting Torchick it was either Torkoal or Numel. The writers went with Turtle Power.

Glalie: Likely just chosen due to the ERPS Order they were playing with. Ice is the only type left that beats Ground (the other two being Water and Grass).

I think Ash was given such a small team because the Writers wanted to experiment with working with a Single Team for Ash. I mean ultimately you only use Six Pokemon at a time and that is what they gave him. Swellow, Sceptile, Corphish, Torkoal, and Glalie were the writers "Top 5" choices.

Just Asking: Why do people want Ash to have all the Starters?

I meant movepool, appearance and anything else.

They are just too mundane, too simple, too basic. They don't have a special quirk. I mean if you want Ash with a dog like Pokemon then sure.

But again I prefer Houndour/Houndoom in that sense. But I'll agree that Poochyena/Mightyena are good for Ash over the Lillipup line.

I just don't really care for the Pokemon. I guess being able to use all elemental fang attacks (excluding poison fang) is nice and decent. I just.....*shrugs*....prefer other Pokemon for capture possibilities.

BUT if Mightyena gets an evolution in 6th gen, and it ends up being a badass design, maybe there will be hope for it yet.
    Again I'm aware of that, I know the line sucks stats and doesn't offer much in terms of moves but that doesn't count much in the anime, any pokemon can be strong, I'm just talking about the design, I like it, the question was who would want a Poochyena in Satoshi team I said I would.

I think Poochyena line is cooler pre and evolved then Houndour line.

Again I'm aware of that, I know the line sucks stats and doesn't offer much in terms of moves but that doesn't count much in the anime, any pokemon can be strong, I'm just talking about the design, I like it, the question was who would want a Poochyena in Satoshi team I said I would.

I think Poochyena line is cooler pre and evolved then Houndour line.
    A hyena/wolf hybrid is cooler than a hellhound?

Well whatever floats your boat.

Doesn't matter anyway since Ash doesn't need another dark type, right now, let's wait until 6th gen.

A hyena/wolf hybrid is cooler than a hellhound?

Well whatever floats your boat.

Doesn't matter anyway since Ash doesn't need another dark type, right now, let's wait until 6th gen.
    Yup I'm not a fan of Hyenas in real life but I think the pokemon is really well done, Houndour just comes off as a Rotweiler who evolves into a Doberman, I like it but I prefer Poochyena.

Exactly its a matter of taste.

I believe the question was if anyone wanted him to get those pokemon back in Hoenn, I was saying I did :P but yeah its off-topic anyway.

Flygon and Gardevoir would of made Ash's Hoenn Team much more epic *sighs*....
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    i agree with Flygon but alot of fans would be made if ash got Gardevoir and not max haha

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    You are implying ash has the skill to evolve both of them all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    i agree with Flygon but alot of fans would be made if ash got Gardevoir and not max haha
    Max has like 3 fans and they are probably not the obsessive type, none cares about the kid.

Max has like 3 fans and they are probably not the obsessive type, none cares about the kid.
    True he was just there to waste time.

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    Lol Max is clearly meant to get Gallade.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

I have a theory that Virgil's eevee will go with ash, after he returns, they reveal eevees evolution method, and it evolves into sylveon- after the pokedex fails, someone (cilan?) suggests Virgil give it to ash, to have oak examine it, after oak reveals his discoveries Virgil gives it to ash
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    I have a theory that Virgil's eevee will go with ash, after he returns, they reveal eevees evolution method, and it evolves into sylveon- after the pokedex fails, someone (cilan?) suggests Virgil give it to ash, to have oak examine it, after oak reveals his discoveries Virgil gives it to ash
    No. Virgil is not going to give Ash the pokemon he used to win the Unova League >_>
    An Eevee egg maybe perhaps, not likely, but more likely than Sylveon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    I don't think that will happen. Even though I'd love for an Eevee to be on the main cast again, I just don't think it would happen like that. That's like Ash giving away Pikachu.

Some of you might have heard this already but whatever. Gin found this, it seems that next partners figurine will be N, along with a Zorua and an Eevee. Previous Partners set were had Best Wishes in their title, but I don't have any confirmation whether this figurine is its own thing and whether Eevee and Zorua are part of the deal(we will find out tomorrow), so don't go on about it being "offical confirmation!!1!!" right now, but if they are, well, I really don't care either way. Still, it is the highest possibility.
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 14th February 2013 at 9:53 PM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Some of you might have heard this already but whatever. Gin found this, it seems that next partners figurine will be N, along with a Zorua and an Eevee. Previous Partners set were had Best Wishes in their title, but I don't have any confirmation whether this figurine is its own thing and whether Eevee and Zorua are part of the deal(we will find out tomorrow), so don't go on about it being "offical confirmation!!1!!" right now, but if they are, well, I really don't care either way.
    *Dies* He's with an Eevee? Oh how I'm loving this. I hope it'll be confirmed soon. Zorua was pretty obvious. Thanks for the information.

Hoping that N gives Ash his Zorua, then.

Or the Eevee. I'll overlook all the atrocities of Unova if Ash finally gets an Eevee or one of the popular Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Some of you might have heard this already but whatever. Gin found this, it seems that next partners figurine will be N, along with a Zorua and an Eevee. Previous Partners set were had Best Wishes in their title, but I don't have any confirmation whether this figurine is its own thing and whether Eevee and Zorua are part of the deal(we will find out tomorrow), so don't go on about it being "offical confirmation!!1!!" right now, but if they are, well, I really don't care either way. Still, it is the highest possibility.
    Lol I figured Zorua(Zoroark) with N was a given but that Eevee is surprising.

Page 545 of 694 FirstFirst ... 445495535541542543544545546547548549555595645 ... LastLast