Page 142 of 694 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    I've been getting this feeling for a while now that Iris and Cilan will leave the show with a full team each. Think about it, if they are leaving when 5th gen is over, it makes more sense to send these characters off with a full team so we can feel more content about them when many years pass.

BW isn't likely to be as long DP was, so the writers might have to hurry in developing Iris and Cilan's teams.

When Misty left the show, she had more than 6 pokemon, same with Brock and May. Dawn left with 6 pokemon exactly and I think Iris and Cilan might follow the same path.
    I'm content with them how they are. They don't need full teams, May and Dawn needed more pokemon because they had competitions that required them variety. Brock had more pokemon because he was in the show for a long time. Neither Iris or Cilan need a full team because their goals don't require them that. They are perfect this way although I wouldn't mind Cilan getting something else.

Developing a team does not mean capturing more pokemon. You can make the ones you have more powerful and that is still development.

I've been getting this feeling for a while now that Iris and Cilan will leave the show with a full team each.
    I wouldn't say that, it wouldn't surprise me if Cilan stays, or they both stay for the next following season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I'm content with them how they are. They don't need full teams, May and Dawn needed more pokemon because they had competitions that required them variety. Brock had more pokemon because he was in the show for a long time. Neither Iris or Cilan need a full team because their goals don't require them that. They are perfect this way although I wouldn't mind Cilan getting something else.
    I don't agree. I think the writers could give them full teams so fans will be content with them long after they leave. The reason fans are so content with May and Dawn is because they left with full teams, and we didn't have to wonder "What could she have caught as a 6th pokemon?"

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I wouldn't say that, it wouldn't surprise me if Cilan stays, or they both stay for the next following season.
    If Cilan stays, then I definitely see Iris getting a full team, that would make it fair since Cilan would catch more mons in the next region.

If Cilan stays, then I definitely see Iris getting a full team, that would make it fair since Cilan would catch more mons in the next region.
    Agreed. I can't picture only Iris staying since the females always (aside from Misty) leave at the end of their respective saga, and Iris's storyline/fate seems pretty set with Opelucid City.

I don't agree. I think the writers could give them full teams so fans will be content with them long after they leave. The reason fans are so content with May and Dawn is because they left with full teams, and we didn't have to wonder "What could she have caught as a 6th pokemon?"
    No, the reason fans were content with their characters is because both were good characters and being a good character has nothing to do with how many pokemon you have on your arsenal. There are other factors like personality, goals, struggles, achievements, etc.

Why do people want more pokemon for them? Stunfisk barely gets attention, Emolga hasn't done anything of importance in a while, Axew's progress is too slow, etc. Now it's not the time to fill their teams especially when the League is right around the corner and Cilan and Iris will just be background characters, sitting in the audience watching Ash compete. They'll do nothing.

If there's a filler saga, I can see something else happening but since that isn't certain no conclusions can be drawn.

Why do people want more pokemon for them? Stunfisk barely gets attention, Emolga hasn't done anything of importance in a while, Axew's progress is too slow, etc. Now it's not the time to fill their teams especially when the League is right around the corner and Cilan and Iris will just be background characters, sitting in the audience watching Ash compete. They'll do nothing.
    It doesn't matter if they have little screentime or don't do much.

Nobody wants a repeat of DP Brock's team.

No, the reason fans were content with their characters is because both were good characters and being a good character has nothing to do with how many pokemon you have on your arsenal. There are other factors like personality, goals, struggles, achievements, etc.
    Well the show is Pokemon, so it does matter how many you have. May wouldn't have gotten the praise she did if it wasn't for the team she ended up with. It does matter.

If there's a filler saga, I can see something else happening but since that isn't certain no conclusions can be drawn.
    Well I'm not saying it has to happen right now since the Unova league is pretty close, but after seems ideally. Iris and Cilan will be viewed better if after 6 years, fans look back and see they did have a great team each. Believe it or not, but more pokemon does help the character.
    Last edited by HatersGonnaHate; 31st August 2012 at 9:14 PM.

Developing a team does not mean capturing more pokemon. You can make the ones you have more powerful and that is still development.
    This is exactly what I tried telling that one Ash stan with the Monferno avatar. I tried to reason with him by telling him that Ash has enough on his plate as it is, but he's convinced that Ash will capture 20+ Pokemon before this saga is over, which is outrageous. I thought he was joking at first, but he seems to be under the delusion that he knows what the writers will do ahead of time. And the worst part is that he won't even bother explaining why he wants Ash to capture certain Pokemon. He just makes random speculations with absolutely nothing to back them up. Talk about being on ATRL again.

Lol, see? It's like a merry-go-'round.
    Last edited by Lorde; 31st August 2012 at 9:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    He's saying Oshawott should evolve, and it's never explicitly stated a pokemon won't evolve.
    Apparently you need to go back and watch Ash's battle with Lt.Surge, Bulbasaur's mysterious garden, Ash's battle with Sho, "Stopped in the name of love", and most recently during the Bell Tower race before they got to Mistralton, when Ash went to catch the thunderstone before it evolved Pikachu. Oh and you should go back and wactch Meowth back in OS, AG and DP when he talks about never going to be Persian.

Point being, it's been explicitly stated numerous times throughout the anime's history when a pokemon won't ever evolve.

I hope we get an epic league evolution with a mainstream pokemon like oshawott or piginite
    Copy this into your signature if you want to see these guys soon http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_with_Oak.png.

Shiny Pokemon I have found: (Both In Pokemon Fire Red) (Yes I found 2, with-in 30 mins of each other as well)

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw View Post
    I hope we get an epic league evolution with a mainstream pokemon like oshawott or piginite
    So do I man...so do I.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw View Post
    That would be a waste for screentime and development imo, the max I would say is one. At least with other potential evos outside of battles, we'd get actual development for the pokemon.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    but he's convinced that Ash will capture 20+ Pokemon before this saga is over, which is outrageous
    If you're referring to me, it's an Infernape not Monferno.

Secondly I never suggested Ash was going to catch a total of 20+ Pokemon, any lists I did were for potential captures not Ash catching all of them.

All I want is maybe at MOST three more captures (preferably 1 or 2), and if said Pokemon rolls over to the next generation then I'll be even more pleased. I just don't think Ash's current team has enough variety, although this may be because, Oshawott, Snivy, and Pignite have 3 moves of one type. Leavanny having no attacking bug type move, and Unfezant not having any move of something other than it's type. Only Krookodile and Boldore have interesting move pools. I'd suggest Palpitoad, but it only has 2 attacking moves, each of its own type. Scraggy is fine right now but should replace either headbutt or leer. But otherwise I'm perfectly content with Boldore and Krookodile's moveset.

Not that you can count Aipom because it was traded, but I want Ash to go the next generation land with two or three Pokemon (including the staple, Pikachu), have a similar thing in 5th gen anime where rotation is possible, that way said late captures (pre or post league) can get a lot of screen time. Would be the first time they would do it, since Aipom was traded. And I don't think Johto counts considering that Ash took pretty much his whole team (minus Tauros/Snorlax, leaving a space open for Heracross's capture) like Dawn did when she went to Hoenn. But I want something where Ash takes a Pokemon to the next generation, regardless if it has ties to the next generation and uses them throughout the series along with his next gen Pokemon captures, and having rotation possible. So that way Ash's latest captures from late "5th gen" can have what little "5th gen" has to offer, PLUS whatever "6th gen" has to offer as well. Plus it might give Ash some more variety to his team if his past generation Pokemon wasn't just Pikachu.

I mean think for a moment, that if Ash were to get Lucario and Espeon, and he took them to 6th gen (where more than likely said Pokemon would happen, since they would start off with Riolu and Eevee), imagine Ash then being able to catch a ghost Pokemon then Ash would have a Pokemon of each type. And who knows with Lucario and Espeon, Ash could catch another Dragon type Pokemon, that perhaps will be part of a basic, middle, final stage, and Ash ends up with a fully evolved powerful dragon type. Hell maybe Ash brings Gible to 6th gen and it fully evolves into Garchomp.

But of course Ash isn't going to catch anything before 5th gen is over, never catching Riolu or even Eevee/Espeon, and thus Ash will dump his whole team and as usual Ash will catch a bunch of next Pokemon, some that I didn't want, but because Ash did catch them, I for an attachment to said Pokemon. And I'll get pissed when they are underutilized, like Palpitoad is being underutilized.

Oh well, round and round we go.

Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post
    That would be a waste for screentime and development imo, the max I would say is one. At least with other potential evos outside of battles, we'd get actual development for the pokemon.
    There's still whatever is after the league (at least 15 episodes, is my guess).

I want something like Infernape's flare blitz, but with an evolution instead of a move. You know have Ash be training for his match against "Conway" and have Oshawott evolve, only this time use Oshawott against "Conway."
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 31st August 2012 at 10:18 PM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Lol hardly anyone is content with Dawn's team at the moment.....
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Ash: Pikachu Unfezant Dewott Pignite Snivy Scraggy Leavanny Seismitoad Boldore Krookodile Eevee
    Iris: Haxorus Excadrill Emolga Dragonite Zweilous
    Cilan: Pansage Crustle Stunfisk Elgyem
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

Quote Originally Posted by Chomper4 View Post
    Ash: Pikachu Unfezant Dewott Pignite Snivy Scraggy Leavanny Seismitoad Boldore Krookodile Eevee
    You forgot Sawsbuck and Gothitelle for Ash. Also Reshiram for Iris.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomper4 View Post
    Thank you for giving eevee some love, Im not sure if he's gonna be on ash's team but i hope so
    Copy this into your signature if you want to see these guys soon http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_with_Oak.png.

Shiny Pokemon I have found: (Both In Pokemon Fire Red) (Yes I found 2, with-in 30 mins of each other as well)

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    If you're referring to me, it's an Infernape not Monferno.
    You have nothing to worry about; I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about that pressed Ash stan who posts one-liners about his hopes for Ash's roster without ever explaining himself. It's just a bunch of "I want Ash's _____ to evolve" and "I want Ash to capture ______ and _____". No reasoning whatsoever.

But yeah, that Eevee has me worried. It hasn't even been captured yet and it's already causing problems.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    You forgot Sawsbuck and Gothitelle for Ash. Also Reshiram for Iris.
    Didn't Nintendo confirm that Ash was getting Reshiram?

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    You have nothing to worry about; I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about that pressed Ash stan who posts one-liners about his hopes for Ash's roster without ever explaining himself. It's just a bunch of "I want Ash's _____ to evolve" and "I want Ash to capture ______ and _____". No reasoning whatsoever.

But yeah, that Eevee has me worried. It hasn't even been captured yet and it's already causing problems.

Didn't Nintendo confirm that Ash was getting Reshiram?
    Stop flaming pokemonbw.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    The three bolded are your assumptions, nothing has ever stated why they wouldn't evolve if necessery.
    You must've missed the part where I said you can think of a good reason as to why they won't evolve.
    Last edited by Shraeder; 1st September 2012 at 12:47 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Ability time
    Pikachu - Static
    Unfezant - Big Pecks
    Oshawott - Torrent
    Pignite - Blaze
    Snivy - Overgrow
    Scraggy - Moxie
    Leavanny - Swarm
    Palpitoad - Hydration
    Krookodile - Intimidate * when it learned Dragon Claw last episode. Both Iris and Dragonite froze and did nothing
    Let there be rock

My teams

1. Charizard, Pidgeot, Alakazam, Dragonite, Snorlax and Arcanine

2 Typhlosion, Houndoom, Scisor, Tyranitar, Umbreon and Espeon

3. Sceptile, Salamence, Absol, Flygon, Metagross and Milotic

4 Infernape, Staraptor, Garchomp, Electivire, Lucario and Toxicroak

5. Samurott, Zoroark, Braviary, Krookodile, Hydreigon and Eelektross

white fc : 1592 - 4330 - 4426

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai619 View Post
    Ability time
    Pikachu - Static
    Unfezant - Big Pecks
    Oshawott - Torrent
    Pignite - Blaze
    Snivy - Overgrow
    Scraggy - Moxie
    Leavanny - Swarm
    Palpitoad - Hydration
    Krookodile - Intimidate * when it learned Dragon Claw last episode. Both Iris and Dragonite froze and did nothing
    I like them, but I would have loved if Ash's Unfezant was given 'Super Luck', but I somewhat doubt the writers would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    I like them, but I would have loved if Ash's Unfezant was given 'Super Luck', but I somewhat doubt the writers would do that.
    Yeah, it's just too powerful (for Ash)...
    Last edited by Cresselia92; 1st September 2012 at 2:34 AM.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Check out my little sprite gallery by clicking here!

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Yeah, it's just too powerful...
    Just like Moxie. Shame it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai619 View Post
    Ability time
    Pikachu - Static
    Unfezant - Big Pecks
    Oshawott - Torrent
    Pignite - Blaze
    Snivy - Overgrow
    Scraggy - Moxie
    Leavanny - Swarm
    Palpitoad - Hydration
    Of those... it's likely only Pikachu, Leavanny and well Boldore is not there, but him too, will have their abilities truly known
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Boldore is conformed to have sturdy.

Page 142 of 694 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast