Page 18 of 694 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Oh and I predict Ash's Riolu won't communicate telepathicly with him, if so rarely.

People, especially kids, don't want to see Ash having such a close relationship with a Pokemon that is not Pikachu. Telepathic communication is too much of a one up on Pikachu for the writers to even consider it. Don't say it would be a good filler episode of Pikachu being jealous cause it wouldn't be.....

On a side note, anyone think they need to show Ash and Pikachu's relationship better than having another character say its strong or Ash hugging Pikachu rarely ? ? ?

What The.................... :O_O:

NO I DON'T THINK THEY ARE GONNA DISAPEAR DUH!!!!!

I'm talking main team of course.

And don't bring up he switches them in and out now....... I get that

Don't say it would be a good filler episode of Pikachu being jealous cause it wouldn't be.....
    Pikachu isn't the type of Pokemon to get jealous of another team member. He's too mature for that.

Also an Aura Guardian can choose whatever Pokemon they want as their partner. Even if Ash catches Riolu or pursues Aura (which he won't) he can choose Pikachu as his partner.

I suspected ... (spoilered as not to derail)
        Spoiler:

Let's see if this Scrafty, Emboar and Fraxure merchandise points to evolutions...or at least gives them some appearances. Though my money's on the otter being next in line for whatever comes next.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceGray View Post
    Let's see if this Scrafty, Emboar and Fraxure merchandise points to evolutions...or at least gives them some appearances. Though my money's on the otter being next in line for whatever comes next.
    I think it'd be interesting if this "new rival" showed up and he owned a Fraxure and Scrafty(as well as others). This could give Axew and Scraggy some development, as both could work harder to be like these older more powerful versions of themselves.

As for the Emboar merchandise, it's definitely just Bianca's Emboar, it'd be redundant to give Ash an Emboar considering how their showcasing it as Bianca's "main" Pokemon.

I also agree with you, if anyone is due for an evolution, it's Oshawott. I predict 1-2 more evolutions before the league, Oshawott and possibly Snivy. I could also see Palpitoad getting an evolution, making the final team:

Pikachu
    Unfezant
    Dewott
    Pignite
    Snivy/Servine
    Scraggy
    Leavanny
    Seismitoad
    Boldore
    Krookodile

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Marowak View Post
    I think it'd be interesting if this "new rival" showed up and he owned a Fraxure and Scrafty(as well as others). This could give Axew and Scraggy some development, as both could work harder to be like these older more powerful versions of themselves.

As for the Emboar merchandise, it's definitely just Bianca's Emboar, it'd be redundant to give Ash an Emboar considering how their showcasing it as Bianca's "main" Pokemon.

I also agree with you, if anyone is due for an evolution, it's Oshawott. I predict 1-2 more evolutions before the league, Oshawott and possibly Snivy. I could also see Palpitoad getting an evolution, making the final team:

Pikachu
    Unfezant
    Dewott
    Pignite
    Snivy/Servine
    Scraggy
    Leavanny
    Seismitoad
    Boldore
    Krookodile
    Snivy and Oshawott could evolve on the way to the league while Palpitoad evolves in the League. Nice prediction btw, I just think that if they're gonna give him Dewott and Pignite they might as well give him Servine.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    I just think that if they're gonna give him Dewott and Pignite they might as well give him Servine.
    I feel the same way.

I really hope Ash doesn't compete in the League with the team he has in the opening, I'm hoping for at least Oshawott and Snivy to evolve and maybe Palpitoad too.

Pikachu
    Unfezant
    Dewott
    Pignite
    Snivy/Servine
    Scraggy
    Leavanny
    Seismitoad
    Boldore
    Krookodile
    Can't say it's definitely Bianca's, no episode confirming she's around.
    I just wish the Scrafty and Fraxure would appear already or Axew and Scraggy evolve >_<
    3DS Friend Code: 0473-8153-4660 (Fairy safari)
    I'll fix my sig eventually....
    Emerald Nuzlocke Team: Fire Red Randomizer Nuzlocke Team:
    Black 2 team:Y Team:
    Predictions for Ash's team:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

But we've already had that happen to Scraggy, it was how he learned Hi Jump Kick and Axew has no real reason to battle or be impressed by Ash's rival and we already know it desires to evolve and be stronger. Seems the final step at this point is for them to have a double evolution in battle (just like Treecko did)

Can't the same be said for Torterra?
    It was Paul's starter and his main battler along with Elekid/Electabuzz/Electrivire. People even said Grotle would never evolve due to Paul having Torterra, yet it still evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I think Krookodile's moveset would be fine like this

Crunch
    Dig
    Stone Edge
    Dragon Tail
    I would like Krookodile to learn Aqua Tail rather then Dragon tail because it could be use as both Special Move & Physical move!
    Move that can be Multi-use are better!
    For example : Stone Edge can be use to hit people and it can be use as a Barrier !
    I wish , Ash's Scrafty to learn Ice Punch & Blaze Kick!
    Imagine
    A Pokemon with Ice fist & Flaming Leg !

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post

After it became apparent that Ash wouldn't catch Riolu in Sinnoh I suspected Buizel would be his partner if he trained in Aura, especially after he learned Water Pulse (an Aura attack). Ash seemed to have somewhat of a special bond with Buizel compared to the other regional Pokemon. I thought they might have connected on a higher level.
    I think you are timing the whole act wrong. By the time we, as in most people, found out that Ash won't get Riolu, Chimchar became his closest. And since Riley appeared on Iron Island after 6th gym, that was Chimchar's period. Buizel was close around 4th-5th gym and after that Chimchar took over.

On Topic: I don't have any expectations of new evolutions for near future but I think Cilan might get a older generation Pokemon soon to mirror Iris. I won't mind if he gets a Feebas who evolves in lets say 20 episodes. Something that would match his fabulous-ness.

Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    I would like Krookodile to learn Aqua Tail rather then Dragon tail because it could be use as both Special Move & Physical move!
    Move that can be Multi-use are better!
    For example : Stone Edge can be use to hit people and it can be use as a Barrier !
    I wish , Ash's Scrafty to learn Ice Punch & Blaze Kick!
    Imagine
    A Pokemon with Ice fist & Flaming Leg !
    Most moves can do the same thing. For instance we have seen Blaziken using Fire Punch to defend itself when needed.
    Last edited by Umbilical Noose; 30th July 2012 at 1:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile lover View Post
    I think you are timing the whole act wrong. By the time we, as in most people, found out that Ash won't get Riolu, Chimchar became his closest. And since Riley appeared on Iron Island after 6th gym, that was Chimchar's period. Buizel was close around 4th-5th gym and after that Chimchar took over.

On Topic: I don't have any expectations of new evolutions for near future but I think Cilan might get a older generation Pokemon soon to mirror Iris. I won't mind if he gets a Feebas who evolves in lets say 20 episodes. Something that would match his fabulous-ness.

Most moves can do the same thing. For instance we have seen Blaziken using Fire Punch to defend itself when needed.
    Feebas for Cilan would be fantastic, even though Stunfisk is also a fish pokemon...

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    So the Riolu and Ash predictions rise again...maybe the second time around will prove successful
    I'm hoping this time around, a Riolu will be caught. Even if it doesn't get much screentime, it would still be nice potential development for Ash in the whole Aura subplot.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader101 View Post
    I knew Iris would catch Dragonite

My predictions are usually right

Ash future team:

Pikachu
    Unfezant
    Oshawott
    Emboar
    Servine
    Riolu (Scrafty replaced)
    Your predictions are usually right? Then you should tell us more of your wonderous predictions, especially since you think a Riolu would replace Scrafty and it would be knocked off the team instead of getting replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader101 View Post
    What The.................... :O_O:

NO I DON'T THINK THEY ARE GONNA DISAPEAR DUH!!!!!

I'm talking main team of course.

And don't bring up he switches them in and out now....... I get that
    Double posting to express seriousness of point...And Ash doesn't really have a main team since he's rotated all members of his Unova team aside from Pikachu and Pignite.

I knew from seeing your post that you would link the merchandise to Oshawott...I agree though about the appearences and am praying for evolutions too. After all, it's all we can do really and the likes of Scraggy and Pignite are pretty likely for evolutions now.

Since I'm here and I haven't done one in a long time, I may as well do a prediction with the recent episode happenings. Iris's Dragonite seems interesting as it is completely different to the kind hearted regular dragonites in the show like Lance's and Drake's, but it should probably let it's guard down a bit like Excadrill did.

Ash

-Thunderbolt
    -Quick Attack
    -Iron Tail
    -Electro Ball

Pretty much done, not much will likely happen for it since it's learned a new move for this generation.

-Air Cutter
    -Quick Attack
    -Aerial Ace
    -Gust/Sky Attack/Detect/Tailwind/Air Slash

Shame it didn't learn tailwind in the virbank gym, it would have been fantastic. Still, I try to forget about that whole gym battle so since Leavanny and Krokorok are confirmed (Leavanny definetely?) for the tournament, Unfezant might be used in that though I'm expecting an appearence from one of the starters. Still I think before the end of the saga, Unfezant should learn a new move which to be honest, I'd be grateful for anything now. Something unique like tailwind or detect would be great but I'd welcome a normal offensive move like sky attack, air slash or even giga impact.

-Water Gun
    -Razor Shell
    -Aqua Jet/Round/Ice Beam
    -Hydro Pump

Oshawott Oshawott, you really surprised me with Hydro Pump. That was one move I did not expect it to learn and if it replaced water gun like some people have speculated, that would be another welcomed gift. I'm hoping it learns a non water move and with round, it's a move that could be inspired by Meleotta and Ice Beam is a move inspired by Piplup. I'm leaning more towards Round as Oshawott already has a pretty powerful move. I doubt it will ever evolve though if it did, I wouldn't complain.

-Flamethrower
    -Flame Charge
    -Fire Pledge
    -Tackle/Arm Thrust/Low Sweep/Bulldoze

Even before the news of the merchandise came, I was hoping that Pignite would evolve primarly because Ash could do with a fully evolved starter in the league and Pignite is already half way there. Move wise, I'd like a fighting move to be learned and to replace tackle, as it seems to have the same problem as Oshawott; lots of powerful moves of it's typing but nothing else. Arm Thrust or Low Sweep are the two I can see most likely but since Scraggy is being used as the fighting type of the team, I can see something else. Bulldoze would be fantastic but to be honest, I'd welcome anything really.

-Leaf Blade/Leaf Storm
    -Vine Whip
    -Attract
    -Gastro Acid/Slam/Wring Out

I don't want to see Snivy evolving because I love the little badass chick that she is now. Still we haven't seen her for a while majorly since the episode where Pignite evolved. Move wise, I'd like to see either Leaf Blade or Leaf Storm replaced though Snivy truly has a shallow movepool. Gastro Acid would be interesting though in the description, it just sounds like it is vomiting onto the opponent. Slam and Wring Out would be good though difficult for Snivy due to it's size. Generally would like to see a movepool change but really just want to see it battle. Since I mentioned above that I think one of the starters will be used in the tournament, Snivy is who I am hoping for most though since Leavanny may be in it, I can see Oshawott battling more likely as it's learned a new move and will probably want to prove itself in front of Meleotta.

-Headbutt/Head Smash
    -Leer/Scary Face/Ice Punch/Faint Attack
    -Hi Jump Kick
    -Focus Blast

For Scraggy, there isn't really much to say since it's learned the two of the strongest moves of it's primary typing. I definetely think it will evolve, the whole egg pokemon evolving in a later generation pattern was broken with Brock's happiny, so Scraggy could evolve here. I think it will and probably should learn some new moves; an upgrade to either headbutt or leer in the form of head smash or scary face would be great either way, though since the Scrafty line has a wide array of potential moves, it truly could learn anything.

-Razor Leaf
    -String Shot
    -Energy Ball
    -X-Scissor/Solar Beam/Electroweb

Glad it beat Koffing in the gym episode, and now that it looks like it is going to be used in the tournament, that's even better for this pokemon. Hopefully since Krokorok isn't looking set to learn a new move upon evolution, Leavanny learns a new move like X-Scissor or Solar Beam. Hell, even something new like Electroweb would be mighty interesting.

-Hydro Pump/Muddy Water
    -Mud Shot/Earth Power
    -Supersonic/Hyper Voice
    -Drain Punch/Acid

I've got high hopes for this pokemon, especially since it lost in the virbank gym. It is long due a victory and I am hoping that it ends up like Kingler and shines at the league via evolution. I hope it learns two more moves where one is something upon evolution like drain punch or acid (Drain punch for new arms and acid because of Seismitoad's dex entry). Since Oshawott knows Hydro Pump, I can see Hydro Pump being replaced with something else like muddy water, but if it doesn't then I hope another move gets replaced with something stronger like earth power or hyper voice. Even though the species has been shown in an antagonistic light, I still think it will evolve (I don't think it is similar to Corpish in this respect).

-Rock Smash
    -Rock Blast
    -Flash Cannon
    -Sandstorm/Iron Defense/Stealth Rock

In all seriousness, I can't see an evolution happening for this pokemon. Not because of what one of the producers said, but really just because if it did, everyone but oshawott and snivy would have evolved and personally to me, that would be overkill. Though if it doesn't evolve then I'm not entirely sure what more will happen for it. It's movepool is pretty decent and it can't really be improved that much. Sandstorm could be replaced I guess but I can't see that much happening for it.

-Stone Edge
    -Crunch/Bite/Foul Play
    -Dragon Tail/Outrage
    -Dig

Since it has been confirmed that this pokemon is evolving, I am so psyched for it. Not only that, but it is going to beat Iris's Dragonite which is insane imo. Even though it doesn't look like it will learn any new moves in the battle upon evolution, I'm still hoping that it will learn some more moves. A dragon move seems good for Krookodile and an improvement to bite like Crunch or Foul Play would be fantastic imo.

-Force Palm
    -Quick Attack
    -Dual Chop/Drain Punch
    -Final Gambit/Low Sweep

If Ash ever caught a riolu or lucario, words cannot express how happy I would be. It would be great development for his character with the whole aura subplot and even if it got shafted like the other pokemon, then it wouldn't be that bad because in my opinion, it would be better than nothing. This would be the ideal moveset but honestly, I'd be grateful for anything.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post

-Stone Edge
    -Crunch/Bite/Foul Play
    -Dragon Tail/Outrage
    -Dig

Since it has been confirmed that this pokemon is evolving, I am so psyched for it. Not only that, but it is going to beat Iris's Dragonite which is insane imo. Even though it doesn't look like it will learn any new moves in the battle upon evolution, I'm still hoping that it will learn some more moves. A dragon move seems good for Krookodile and an improvement to bite like Crunch or Foul Play would be fantastic imo.
    Krokorok already has Crunch. Bite never gets used now.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by PAndrews View Post

It was Paul's starter and his main battler along with Elekid/Electabuzz/Electrivire. People even said Grotle would never evolve due to Paul having Torterra, yet it still evolved.
    IMO no its not the same. Torterra wasn't abused in battles like emboar was. It seems Paul ditched Torterra after it helped grotle with its problems. Bianca has mainly been using emboar every time she shows up.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by PAndrews View Post
    But we've already had that happen to Scraggy, it was how he learned Hi Jump Kick and Axew has no real reason to battle or be impressed by Ash's rival and we already know it desires to evolve and be stronger. Seems the final step at this point is for them to have a double evolution in battle (just like Treecko did)

I think Ursaring played the part of Paul's number 2 in the battles we saw actually. Sure, Torterra was his starter, but we've seen Ursaring do so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile lover View Post

I disagree on your timing. We knew Ash wouldn't be getting Riolu/Lucario after the Ranger 2Parter, right after Buizel tied with Lucario. Some held hope for Iron Island, but some didn't, so there's where we defer most likely.

As for Feebas and Cilan, looks good enough together indeed. Might as well give him a Water-type fish! :P
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Pikachu
    Unfezant
    Dewott
    Pignite
    Snivy/Servine
    Scraggy
    Leavanny
    Seismitoad
    Boldore
    Krookodile
    I agree evolving pignite now so soon feels rushed( CHARIZHARD doesn't count) If emboar is gonna happen for ahs i'd give it about 25-30 episodes
    The anime where Stunfisks fly and Meowths talk. Where Oshawotts pop out of pokeballs and tranquills use wing attack. What more could you ask for, Oshawott evolving?. THE ANIME !

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

The crew - Shun the Greninja , Wing the Talonflame , Tank the Gogoat , Ragequit the Tyrantum , Joules the Heliolisk & Melody the Sylveon.

Greninja all the way

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Krokorok already has Crunch. Bite never gets used now.
    Didn't know that, well at least it's stronger than bite. I still think it should learn the other moves though.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

Trip's Pokemon Prediction
    - Serperior
    - Unfezant
    - Jellicent
    - Vanilluxe
    - Conkeldurr
    - Metagross
    - Salamence
    - Absol

Nothing but basic. You want to know me more? Ask me everything! I am otaku, fujoshi, love yuri too. Self-proclaimed Trip's queen on Pokemon fandom
    Favorite 2014 Anime characters so far : Haruka/Konoha/Kuroha Kokonose, Rin Matsuoka, Clear (DMMD), Haru Ichinose, Ayato Kirishima, Kaine Seiya, Shoyou Hinata, Izumi Sena, Souji Okita (BakuRock!), Yato, Yuu Sonoda, Nico Yazawa

Quote Originally Posted by Airi-Chan View Post
    Trip's Pokemon Prediction
    - Serperior
    - Unfezant
    - Jellicent
    - Vanilluxe
    - Conkeldurr
    - Metagross
    - Salamence
    - Absol
    Salamence? Metagross? Why in the hell would he have 2 pseudo-legendary, non-Unova pokemon? Get real.

Salamence? Metagross? Why in the hell would he have 2 pseudo-legendary, non-Unova pokemon? Get real.
    Ouch. I think if your entitled to talk about Oshawott evolving, I think he is entitled to talk about Trip getting a Salamence or Metagross.

Trip:

Serperior (Grass)
    Conkeldurr (Fighting)
    Unfezant (Normal/Flying)
    Jellicent (Water/Ghost)
    Chandelure (Fire/Ghost)
    Vanilluxe (Ice)

This seems a good and varied team IMO, however I wouldn't mind an Absol with him.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Check out my little sprite gallery by clicking here!

Because he needs non-Unova Pokemon, even epic pokemon like pseudo-legendaries

Nothing but basic. You want to know me more? Ask me everything! I am otaku, fujoshi, love yuri too. Self-proclaimed Trip's queen on Pokemon fandom
    Favorite 2014 Anime characters so far : Haruka/Konoha/Kuroha Kokonose, Rin Matsuoka, Clear (DMMD), Haru Ichinose, Ayato Kirishima, Kaine Seiya, Shoyou Hinata, Izumi Sena, Souji Okita (BakuRock!), Yato, Yuu Sonoda, Nico Yazawa

All right, we all know Ash's Starter combos in terms of evolutions have never been the same. Following that logic, here are the possible combinations left.

Three middle staged starters. I can deal with this, they're not extremely powerful like their final forms yet they're not weaklings like their base forms.

Two middle stage, one fully evolved starter. You all know where I stand on Samurott. With Trip having Serperior, Bianca having an Emboar and the "new rival" nowhere to be found along with the majority of starter focus on Oshawott. I like where this is heading. This is also a great scenario since this is passable for a deep run in the league. (If Ash doesn't win the whole shebang).

Could it be that we finally see this? This would be the ideal scenario regarding Ash's starters. All 3 of whom going to their final forms and of he Best Wishes 2 poster and Calender is anything to base evidence off of among other things. Then this isn't completely ruled out and I would argue that if Ash gets all 3 fully evolved starters, that he will win the Unova League and there will be a filler arc focusing on the Champion League. Which of course, we all would love to see. With the lack of Elite Four appearing and the numerous mentions of a Champions League, it's quite possible that we see this happening.

The way Tepig and Oshawott's bond has been portrayed and the whole thing about Snivy being strong as she already is, I wouldn't put it past the writers to make this the outcome. Though, it would be amusing to see Snivy break up a Samurott and Emboar from fighting.

Again, I wouldn't put it past the writers...

As much as I don't really care to Snivy stay unevolved especially because Snivy vs Serperior would look retarded. This is the most probable...
    Last edited by PrinceGray; 30th July 2012 at 5:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Trip:

Serperior (Grass)
    Conkeldurr (Fighting)
    Unfezant (Normal/Flying)
    Jellicent (Water/Ghost)
    Chandelure (Fire/Ghost)
    Vanilluxe (Ice)

This seems a good and varied team IMO, however I wouldn't mind an Absol with him.
    wow, I agree... but i wonder if Trip owns Dragon type Pokemon (pseudo-legendary one) and battles Ash's Gible/Iris's Dragonite

Page 18 of 694 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast