Page 243 of 694 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293343 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,075 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    The species is small and cute, easy choice to merchandise. It doesnt have to mean Iris' Emolga but the species in general is martetable
    Good point. Just because a pokemon leaves the show or evolves, doesn't mean people are going to stop buying their merchandise. I.E if Pikachu was to evolve right now. It isn't like people will say "OMG, Pikachu isn't on the show anymore? Well I won't ever buy another pikachu t-shirt again!" If you really want something with Pikachu on it, you're gonna go buy it whether he's on the damn show or not.
    Last edited by PrinceGray; 21st September 2012 at 2:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    Aha, seriously merch is the thing I hate most about Anime spoilers, I don't want to base predictions around a pencil case, or a T-shirt. It's ridiculous.

Agreed, personality is down to each individual Pokémon, not it's species. I mean look at Iris's Dragonite. Up until that pretty much every Dragonite in the anime before had been docile and kind-natured.
    Lol, remember back in the day when there were pencils featuring:
    - Axew, Fraxure, Haxorus
    - Roggenrola, Boldore, Gigalith?

Everybody still speculated that it meant that Ash was going to have Gigalith, and that Axew was going all the way.. :P

Disagree about that Dragonite bit. The wild ones most of the time have been shown to be temperamental, they just look so goshdarn cute.
    - Kanto-dragonite went fierce on the lighthouse.
    - Johto-dragonite went fierce on us and went rage.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    That is so much emolga merch for something with so little screentime.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    - Axew, Fraxure, Haxorus

Everybody still speculated that it meant that Ash was going to have Gigalith, and that Axew was going all the way.. :P

Disagree about that Dragonite bit. The wild ones most of the time have been shown to be temperamental, they just look so goshdarn cute.
    Yeah, it gets pretty crazy at times.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceGray View Post
    Good point. Just because a pokemon leaves the show or evolves, doesn't mean people are going to stop buying their merchandise. I.E if Pikachu was to evolve right now. It isn't like people will say "OMG, Pikachu isn't on the show anymore? Well I won't ever buy another pikachu t-shirt again!" If you really want something with Pikachu on it, you're gonna go buy it whether he's on the damn show or not.
    The way I look at it is that the anime generates some merch, becase if Ash didn't have Pikachu then Pikachu would never ever be as popular as it is now. Every piece of merch they bring out, we're never going to be sure if it's relating to the anime, and then ontop of that, whether it's relating to a capture or just a Pokémon that may have a dedicated episode, it may narrow down the odds occasionally but it never provides anything worth working with.
    Last edited by DMerle; 21st September 2012 at 4:39 PM.

Those adverts mean nothing. It's not like we're seeing a Charmander show up or Brock and Croagunk returning, or Jigglypuff coming back.

They're just showing various marketable pokemon over the years, same reason Piplup is still there even though Dawn is gone again.

Minor thing, Eevee set's prototype pic is here. Iris' Dragonite, Eevee and Vaporeon are new, everything else are rereleases.
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 21st September 2012 at 5:35 PM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Cool

Still waiting for Charizard's return despite what other people say.

This merch gives me hope.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

- Axew, Fraxure, Haxorus

The one animator who shall remain unnamed, said Gantle evolving is next to 0% chance.

Due to animating his evolved form being to difficult or tedious I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ant View Post
    The one animator who shall remain unnamed, said Gantle evolving is next to 0% chance.

Well didn't he say that before the 7th gym aired? Also didn't he say it was unlikely for now. Filler Arc we never know.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Well didn't he say that before the 7th gym aired? Also didn't he say it was unlikely for now. Filler Arc we never know.
    And its not like we'll be seeing it very often anyways even after the evolution

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    And its not like we'll be seeing it very often anyways even after the evolution
    Yeah! Boldore already has very few appearances, I don't think an Evolution is going to change much.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Check out my little sprite gallery by clicking here!

he said that about Axew. All he said about Boldore was that he personally didn't think it would evolve

he said that about Axew. All he said about Boldore was that he personally didn't think it would evolve
    What else did he make a reference too? Something about Pierce right?

No.

He said it was not happening at all in the Best Wishes series.

I really pissed that Ash didn't caught a Extra Fire type even though he caught a Extra Grass & Water type.
    Specially there are 3 great fire type in this region who can emit fire from all over their body.
    Pignite can only emit fire from his Nose & month!
    BY the way , I'm not taking about pokemon covering themself with Fire and Tackling their Opponent.
    I'm talking about Fire coming out from several part of a Pokemon and hitting their Opponent.
    for example , Volcarona can split fire from their six wing rather then emit fire from only their month.
    Chandelure could do that too !
    But Pignite can't!!!
    Plus , Pignite was a Uncoolest second Stage Unova Starter compare to Dewott & Servine!
    It sad that Ash end up with only that.
    He seem different at first only because of Flame Pledge!
    I really like the way White's Servine follow her (Adventure) ! It make me wish for Ash to have a Servine who will behave like White's Servine!
    Also , I was slight When I first Saw Dewott with his Duel blade combo!

SERIOUSLY , WHAT ARE MOST JAPANISE LITTLE KIDS ARE MADE OFF!
    How can they chose to see a Oshawott doing stupid thing over a badass Dewott !
    They are totally acting like girl who just want to see cute little Pokemon dancing!

Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    I really pissed that Ash didn't caught a Extra Fire type even though he caught a Extra Grass & Water type.
    Specially there are 3 great fire type in this region who can emit fire from all over their body.
    Pignite can only emit fire from his Nose & month!
    BY the way , I'm not taking about pokemon covering themself with Fire and Tackling their Opponent.
    I'm talking about Fire coming out from several part of a Pokemon and hitting their Opponent.
    for example , Volcarona can split fire from their six wing rather then emit fire from only their month.
    Chandelure could do that too !
    But Pignite can't!!!
    Plus , Pignite was a Uncoolest second Stage Unova Starter compare to Dewott & Servine!
    It sad that Ash end up with that.
    He seem different at first only because of Flame Pledge!
    I really like the way White Servine follow her ! It make me wish for Ash to have a Servine who will behave like White Servine!
    Also , I was slight When I first Saw Dewott with his Duel blade combo!

SERIOUSLY , WHAT ARE MOST JAPANISE LITTLE KIDS ARE MADE OFF!
    How can they chose to see a Oshawott doing stupid thing over a badass Dewott !
    They are totally acting like girl who just want to see cute little Pokemon dancing!
    LOL. The irony, you're condemning Japanese kids for liking cute Pokémon, but your literally mad because Ash hasn't got a Pokémon that shoots fire from it's wings.

No.

He said it was not happening at all in the Best Wishes series.
    He didn't outright state it, that much I remember.

Iwane only said that he personally thinks that Boldore evolving is unlikely, most likely because of the trading aspect. + That was a long time ago. Anyhow, I won't even mind if he's right since I think Boldore is cooler than Gigalith. And I can sort of sympathize with the Gigalith being a b*tch to draw part, good God that thing. These guys are professional animators who get paid though, not evolving a Pokemon simply to make their jobs easier would be outrageous in my opinion.

Oh my lord, asked my little sister what her favourite Pokemon is, she said Oshawott lmao. THE MARKETIIIING.
    Last edited by Rohanator; 21st September 2012 at 6:53 PM.
    XY group / Amourshipping Christmas fan comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/1061...-were-a-bit-of

My art: http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    Iwane only said that he personally thinks that Boldore evolving is unlikely, most likely because of the trading aspect. + That was a long time ago. Anyhow, I won't even mind if he's right since I think Boldore is cooler than Gigalith.

Oh my lord, asked my little sister what her favourite Pokemon is, she said Oshawott lmao. THE MARKETIIIING.
    Hmmmmm, but didn't he also say that it was harder to animate Gigaiasu on a consistent basis?

Heck if Misty's toad could evolve sans trading, why can't the transfer fro Araragi's lab induce Gantle's evolution?

Don't tell me all the wild one's were released by trainers.....

Hmmmmm, but didn't he also say that it was harder to animate Gigaiasu on a consistent basis?
    I'm certain that was only said about Axew. Because the writers lose the ease of hiding it in Iris' hair. Gigalith wouldn't be seen enough to really matter

I'm certain that was only said about Axew. Because the writers lose the ease of hiding it in Iris' hair. Gigalith wouldn't be seen enough to really matter
    Well that's a dumb reason.

They can introduce the wonderous invention of Onondo/fracture's POKEBALL.

Well that's a dumb reason.

They can introduce the wonderous invention of Onondo/fracture's POKEBALL.
    That would diminsh it's marketability a lot, combine that with Fraxure being far less cute than Axew and it wouldn't be a wise move on there part.

Yeah, Axew isn't really doing that much anyway so they might as well evolve it and put it in its ball.
    EDIT: But there's marketing of course. The root of all evil.
    XY group / Amourshipping Christmas fan comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/1061...-were-a-bit-of

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    This merch gives me hope.
    I'm still waiting for Satoshi to appear next to it since that would be a good indicator that it's his. But for now, I'm not buying it. It would suck for Lizardon to return during the Unova League because we all know it would clobber every Pokemon in sight and cause meltdowns (from me mostly because I want Ash's Unova Pokemon to be the stars).

And kiiiii @ at the people who were using merchandise to justify captures just a few weeks ago suddenly being against it. While I am against using merchandise to predict which Pokemon the characters will capture next, I think it's fair to say that many evolutions have been revealed through new merchandise. So I don't understand why some people are suddenly trying to ban talk of Pokemon merchandise. Oh wait, I do know why. It's because it's no longer convenient for them to use merchandise as indicators of future events. This is sounding a lot like the anti-marketability stuff, how everyone agreed for a time that marketability was an important factor when discussing evolutions, but then it suddenly became taboo to speak of it when it was no longer convenient for certain people's arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    That would diminsh it's marketability a lot, combine that with Fraxure being far less cute than Axew and it wouldn't be a wise move on there part.
    they've had over 100 episodes to 'market' Kibago.......

Combusken wasn't cute, or Blaziken, but they still happened.

they should of just given Iris 2 Axews. One could of been a battler who fully evolved and one for marketing

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    I'm still waiting for Satoshi to appear next to it since that would be a good indicator that it's his. But for now, I'm not buying it. It would suck for Lizardon to return during the Unova League because we all know it would clobber every Pokemon in sight and cause meltdowns (from me mostly because I want Ash's Unova Pokemon to be the stars).

And kiiiii @ at the people who were using merchandise to justify captures just a few weeks ago suddenly being against it. While I am against using merchandise to predict which Pokemon the characters will capture next, I think it's fair to say that many evolutions have been revealed through new merchandise. So I don't understand why some people are suddenly trying to ban talk of Pokemon merchandise. Oh wait, I do know why. It's because it's no longer convenient for them to use merchandise as indicators of future events. This is sounding a lot like the anti-marketability stuff, how everyone agreed for a time that marketability was an important factor when discussing evolutions, but then it suddenly became taboo to speak of it when it was no longer convenient for certain people's arguments.
    Pretty much. I try not to be a hypocrite, but I do admit that seeing Snivy being absent in some merch makes me hopeful while when I see Oshawott I just think "it could still happen" as if it meant nothing. It's that human mind I guess.
    By the way, you seem to have shifted to using Japanese terms, don't forget to say "Isshu" in place of Unova too. :]

Page 243 of 694 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293343 ... LastLast