Page 259 of 694 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269309359 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,475 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Maybe Ash can bring back the Counter Shield for use against Serperior.

It stopped status moves and stopped fast pokemon from moving.

This time it may stop Leer and trap Serperior.
    You know , I don't get why Ash doesn't use Counter Shield against Trip or any other trainer when he clearly remember it.

well i am agree with those who are with unfezant and pikachu to take down serperior..
    Unfezant is fast enough and has type advantage..
    But serperior has great power.
    Else infernape or charizard......

I have a feeling that Stephan will only make it to the 3v3 rounds.. I mean, they've only revealed two of his Pokemon to date and we know the writers would rather take the easy route, rather than decide on another 4 Pokemon.

I see him facing Ash with Zebstrika, Sawk and a Hoenn Pokemon.. Maybe Camerupt? Ash would counter this with Leavanny, Oshawott and Krookodile.

Now Bianca is more likely to reach the 6v6 battles IMO, to show her improvement.. She'll face some of Ash's Unova Pokemon with her Emboar, Escavalier, Cinccino, Musharna, Swanna and Whimsicott.

Kotetsu is another one that I think we should see in the 6v6 battles. A team of Lucario, Ferrothorn, Samurott, Magmortar, Absol and Pinsir would be a team I'd want to see go up against Ash's older reserves.

Virgil (is that his name?) is a tough one.. I want to see him go far so that we can see the eeveelutions in decent battles, but I imagine that even if he does get far, he won't face Ash. Perhaps Trip will knock him out of the running.

Trip will obviously get to the 6v6 stage and eventually face Ash, preferably with his six Pokemon that we already know of, although I wouldn't mind seeing Tranquill/Unfezant get substituted for something else. Not really sure which of Ash's Pokemon he'll face though. I'd like a mix of past and present Pokemon, rather than his average looking Unova team. Main contenders for me would be Pikachu, Unfezant, Torterra, Pignite, Glalie and Kingler.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Here is my thoughts on your theories,

Pikachu's Static could work but i think that by the time of the league Trip's Serperior would know Gastro Acid as a counter to abilities like Sap Sipper. And if it does, then any type of ability would be useless against it.

Leavanny isn't fast enough yet to be able to hit Trip's Serperior with String Shot.

Unfezant could do some damage with Gust as it covers a wide range and it would be difficult for Serperior to dodge it, but i still have doubts about whether it would be able to match Serperior's speed.

As for the idea of damaging the field to stop Serperior's mobility, well i don't think that would work as Serperior moves like a snake so hurdles like a damaged field wouldn't bother it much. Plus it can just clear out the field with Frenzy Plant, if it does have any problem.

Snivy in no way would be able to fight Serperior. Thats because Trip knows how to counter its main move Attract. Plus we know that Snivy can't actually hit fast moving foes with Attract.

The main point in fighting Trip's Serperior is that Ash's pokemons have to increase there speed to match Serperior's speed or else nothing would work. As we have seen Serperior has good attack power and extremely high level of speed but what it lacks is defensive power.
    So, as long as Ash's pokemon are able to connect there attacks to Serperior, he should be able to defeat it.
    Ash and Pignite tried that with Flame Charge and Fire Pledge and it did not work. Trip probably saw this scenario coming and developed a way to stop it.

Slowing it down before attacking or counterattacking as it focuses on attacking may work such as it is using Solarbeam and Pignite and/or Unfezant can use fire pledge/air cutter during its attack. Matching its speed does not sound like a good idea as hindering it. Heck look at Unfezant vs Overpowered Koffing and Leavanny vs Overpowered Koffing. Though if anybody can match its speed, Unfezant and Pikachu are the best choices ironically.
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I have a feeling that Stephan will only make it to the 3v3 rounds.. I mean, they've only revealed two of his Pokemon to date and we know the writers would rather take the easy route, rather than decide on another 4 Pokemon.

I see him facing Ash with Zebstrika, Sawk and a Hoenn Pokemon.. Maybe Camerupt? Ash would counter this with Leavanny, Oshawott and Krookodile.

Now Bianca is more likely to reach the 6v6 battles IMO, to show her improvement.. She'll face some of Ash's Unova Pokemon with her Emboar, Escavalier, Cinccino, Musharna, Swanna and Whimsicott.

Kotetsu is another one that I think we should see in the 6v6 battles. A team of Lucario, Ferrothorn, Samurott, Magmortar, Absol and Pinsir would be a team I'd want to see go up against Ash's older reserves.

Virgil (is that his name?) is a tough one.. I want to see him go far so that we can see the eeveelutions in decent battles, but I imagine that even if he does get far, he won't face Ash. Perhaps Trip will knock him out of the running.

Trip will obviously get to the 6v6 stage and eventually face Ash, preferably with his six Pokemon that we already know of, although I wouldn't mind seeing Tranquill/Unfezant get substituted for something else. Not really sure which of Ash's Pokemon he'll face though. I'd like a mix of past and present Pokemon, rather than his average looking Unova team. Main contenders for me would be Pikachu, Unfezant, Torterra, Pignite, Glalie and Kingler.
    Well honestly, I do feel that Ash would be the type to want to prove with his current team that he can take down Trip's pokemon, although the boonies talk of Kanto can perhaps see a Charizard, Kingler, Snorlax, Bulbasaur, and Tauros to be used. I'm hesitant to actually include Charizard and Squirtle, only because I wonder if Ash will call them back from the people training them.. But, it would be exciting to see the Kanto team take down Trip's pokemon. But, I do feel that if he uses his Unova Pokemon only, it should be Pikachu, Snivy, Pignite, Oshawott, Unfezant, and insert random Pokemon here. All have have battled Trip, and Unfezant and Pignite never received a win against Trip before.

If Trip makes fun of Kanto Pokemon - I see Ash getting mad and using - Pikachu, Kingler, Snorlax, Bulbasaur, Tauros, and Charizard. (aLthough mixing up his team would be better)

Unova - Pikachu, Unfezant, Oshawott/Dewott, Snivy/Servine, Pignite, and Krookidile.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundedshock View Post
    Ash and Pignite tried that with Flame Charge and Fire Pledge and it did not work. Trip probably saw this scenario coming and developed a way to stop it.

Slowing it down before attacking or counterattacking as it focuses on attacking may work such as it is using Solarbeam and Pignite and/or Unfezant can use fire pledge/air cutter during its attack. Matching its speed does not sound like a good idea as hindering it. Heck look at Unfezant vs Overpowered Koffing and Leavanny vs Overpowered Koffing. Though if anybody can match its speed, Unfezant and Pikachu are the best choices ironically.
    To me, the best tactic would be to let it attack, and attack it head on. Like Pikachu can use Electro ball to stop Frenzy plant maybe? I can so see Electro Ball going right through Frenzy plant before connecting with Serperior.
    Last edited by jrizza88; 24th September 2012 at 7:59 PM.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    Koffing was really fast, yet Leavanny managed to trap it with String shot. It is such a wide range move, that it makes it easy for it to just use it everywhere to slow down Serperior IMO
    While i agree that Roxie's Koffing was fast but it isn't fast enough as Trip's Serperior is shown in the anime. Serperior was easily able to dodge several speed boosted Flame Charge's and Flamethrower's and was able to escape the confinement that Fire Pledge creates at the last moment. Do you think it would just sit there when Leavanny tries to uses String Shot. Also presently Leavanny doesn't have a move which it could use to counter Frenzy Plant.

Well the anime version Struggle Bug would help it against Frenzy Plant, where as it can use Energy Ball to block moves like Solarbeam. It could easily dodge Dragon Tail and Leer though.

Now the only way the writers can showcase Leavanny defeating Serperior's speed using String Shot is if they upgrade its effects, like increasing its stickiness, as well as make it possible for Leavanny to shot it all over the field so that if Serperior touches those it would get stuck at that spot (presently it only works if it hits the opponent directly and if it doesn't hit, it just evaporate).

Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    SNivy technically is much faster than Pignite in the games, not sure if its flame charge move will make it faster than Snivy. Also, they could make this a battle in which Snivy evolves into Servine. I still think a Servine can take out a Serperior. Pignite beat Emboar, Pikachu beat Raichu, Buizel beat Floatzel, etc.
    As we know Games =/= Anime, so even if Snivy's are faster in the game than Pignite's, but that doesn't apply in the anime.

If that's not a ok answer, then lets say we accept the games logic in the anime. Then it would be more obvious that even Ash's Snivy evolving to a Servine wouldn't help it match Trip's Serperior speed.

Why? Because Pignite's base speed is 55 in the games, Flame Charge boost the speed of a pokemon by one level on each use, and Ash used it around 4-5 times against Serperior. That means Pignite's speed should be boosted to 3 to 3.5 times it normal speed which would make Pignite's faster than even a Servine, and also by games logic it should out speed even a Serperior (which actually has more speed than a Servine). But that didn't happen.

I believe that we have had our fill of a unevolved pokemon of the same line defeating its fully evolved form for this saga. So, there is no need for another one.

I just don't want to see the likes of Charizard go up against Trip and be shown to struggle against a Pokemon with only a single regions experience, when compared to five..

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    I'm still wondering why Dawn/Piplup wasn't removed from the official site yet.

Is it possible that they're waiting for a starter evolution so that they can edit the picture altogether?
    Dawn was removed from the Tv Tokyo characters bios. We have to be removed from here and pokemon.jp. The funny part is that before Dawn was occuped their position, Junipers appeared here. Expect remove her with Juniper again.

I just don't want to see the likes of Charizard go up against Trip and be shown to struggle against a Pokemon with only a single regions experience, when compared to five..
    Pikachu was "reset" in BW001 (but still is the most powerful tied with the exceptions of perhaps Krokodile*).
    I think how could happen seeing this scan. Serperior hits Pikachu, forces a switch to another pokemon but Serperior was hit by Static. Then Serperior isn't fast anymore, lost is strong selling point and Ash could defeat Trip. Because I think that the most reliable thing to hit Serperior
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 24th September 2012 at 8:18 PM.

Well if something like that happened then the show would become similar to Naruto. Thats because in there how much ever a person works hard and gains experience, if suddenly a genius comes he/she would easily surpass that persons whole lifes experiences.

So, similarly even if Ash and his older pokemons had the experience of about 5 regions (including Orange Islands), he would fail against a genius like Trip who didn't even have the experience of a single region yet.

I've been wondering.. We've all been saying Ash's team is too weak for the league but he could easily just bring in his reserves and mix it up and still dominate.

Charizard Vs Serperior, yeah now who's basic b*tch

Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    That would be a dick move, though.

This is Trip's first journey, remember? Regardless of everything, he's a new trainer.

This is Trip's first journey, remember? Regardless of everything, he's a new trainer.
    I don't think that would stop Ash bringing his old Poké's back to the league, just because of Trip, it would be hilarious Trip comes in expecting to wipe the floor then Ash brings out Charizard/Snorlax/Sceptile/Glalie/Squirtle/Gliscor.

Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    I've been wondering.. We've all been saying Ash's team is too weak for the league but he could easily just bring in his reserves and mix it up and still dominate.

Wait. When you say reserves, do you mean Leavanny/Boldore/Palpitoad/et cetera, or just his Oak'd Pokemon? Because I don't see the latter appearing, aside from maybe Charizard, but even that isn't 100% confirmed.

Casey shows ash is not above doing that

I never understand why people call any of the Unova team 'reserves'.. As of this moment, they're all part of the current team and regularly rotate. To me, they aren't reserves.. The Pokemon of Ash's past journeys, who he doesn't use for the main part of his current journey, but can call upon when times get tough and he needs them? They're the reserves..

I never understand why people call any of the Unova team 'reserves'.. As of this moment, they're all part of the current team and regularly rotate. To me, they aren't reserves.. The Pokemon of Ash's past journeys, who he doesn't use for the main part of his current journey, but can call upon when times get tough and he needs them? They're the reserves..
    I meant the Oak'd Pokémon.

Ideally, I'd like Ash's team to be as such by the league:
    Pikachu-Static, hopefully used in at less one battle in the league.
    Thunderbolt
    Quick Attack
    Iron Tail
    Electro Ball
    I don't see any changes, and I'm fine with that.

Unfezant-No ability.
    Gust/Air Cutter
    Quick Attack
    Aerial Ace
    Sky Attack/Giga Impact
    I really would like Gust or Air Cutter gone, they both serve the same purpose as a long-range attacking Flying type move. I would most prefer a strong attack as a replacement as a finisher move, Sky Attack and Giga Impact are ideal for me. I'm fine with it's other moves.

Oshawott-No ability.
    Razor Shell
    Aqua Jet
    Hydro Pump
    Fury Cutter/Swords Dance
    Tackle doesn't get used, Water Gun doesn't get used, and I would like a fourth move. I don't want another Water type move, and I would like it to have a move that could utilize it's shell(I'd be fine if it didn't though). I'd most prefer Swords Dance for a Swords Dance + Razor Shell combo. I'm fine with it's other moves.

Pignite-No ability.
    Flame Charge
    Flamethrower
    Fire Pledge
    Arm Thrust/Brick Break
    Ember's not going to be used, I don't believe Tackle gets used. I'm not sure what to really expect, it's already got a charging move in Flame Charge so Head Smash and Wild Charge I don't think would get used, although maybe the moves can be a combo, speed boost from Flame Charge, making Head Smash/Wild Charge faster. I'd like it to get a close-range attack one way or another though. Fine with it's other moves.

Snivy-No ability.
    Attract
    Vine Whip
    Leaf Storm
    Leaf Blade
    I can't really see it with anything else except maybe Aerial Ace, which I wouldn't be that interested in it getting. If Aqua Tail can happen then I'd like that to replace Leaf Blade but, I can't see it(Maybe if it was used by a non Water type before).

Scraggy-Doubt it'll get one, but I'd like Moxie.
    Leer
    Headbutt
    Hi Jump Kick
    Focus Blast
    I'm fine with it's current moves. I don't see any changes happening regardless.

Leavanny-Swarm probably, hopefully gets used in the league at less once.
    String Shot
    Razor Leaf
    Energy Ball
    Struggle Bug/X-Scissor
    Bug Bite is gone, Tackle doesn't get used. I'd like a Bug type move for it's final move, ideally Struggle Bug but I'd settle for X-Scissor. I'm fine with it's other moves.

Palpitoad-Doubt it, but Swift Swim would be nice
    Mud Shot
    Hydro Pump
    Supersonic
    Uproar/Hyper Voice/Sludge Wave/Sludge Bomb/Bounce
    Really just want a fourth move, I can see some different outcomes for it in the end though. Muddy Water over Hydro Pump, Uproar/Hyper Voice over Supersonic, then Sludge Wave/Sludge Bomb/Bounce for a fourth move, but I'm fine with it's moves right now, so I'd have no problem if it just gets a fourth move of one of the ones listed.

Boldore-Sturdy, hopefully used at less once in the league.
    Sandstorm
    Flash Cannon
    Rock Blast
    Rock Smash
    I'm fine with it.

Krookodile-No ability.
    Dig
    Stone Edge
    Crunch
    Dragon Claw
    I'm fine with it.

Overall, I don't expect any more evolutions and I'm fine with that, I'd just like some Pokemon to get a move or two each and I'd be completely fine with Ash's team.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I'm fairly certain Ash won't use past pokemon against Trip :/
    In other league battles perhaps, but for this one I see:
    Pikachu, Snivy, Oshawott, Unfezant, Pignite & Scraggy.
    The first 5 were in the 5v5 they had, and Scraggy was next to be captured :P
    Scraggy could probably be swapped out for something else, but meh :P
    3DS Friend Code: 0473-8153-4660 (Fairy safari)
    I'll fix my sig eventually....
    Emerald Nuzlocke Team: Fire Red Randomizer Nuzlocke Team:
    Black 2 team:Y Team:
    Predictions for Ash's team:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Casey shows ash is not above doing that
    One of the few consistencies this show has, is that Ash matures with each region he goes through. Yes in OS, he was a classless punk and did stuff like that. Misty said it wasn't his first time doing that. BW Ash won't do that, you see he refuses to take free badges now as opposed to OS where he would've snatched up every freebie that came his way.

Quote Originally Posted by shelldude400 View Post
    I'm fairly certain Ash won't use past pokemon against Trip :/
    In other league battles perhaps, but for this one I see:
    Pikachu, Snivy, Oshawott, Unfezant, Pignite & Scraggy.
    The first 5 were in the 5v5 they had, and Scraggy was next to be captured :P
    Scraggy could probably be swapped out for something else, but meh :P
    Definitely Krookodile instead of Scraggy.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceGray View Post
    One of the few consistencies this show has, is that Ash matures with each region he goes through. Yes in OS, he was a classless punk and did stuff like that. Misty said it wasn't his first time doing that. BW Ash won't do that, you see he refuses to take free badges now as opposed to OS where he would've snatched up every freebie that came his way.
    Probably cuz he can actually win them legitly now. But yeah if kanto ash saw the sinnyshore gym he would have just grabbed a badge and left.

I feel like if anyone in the main cast gets a new Pokemon, it will have a 6th gen relation, whether it be a branch evolution or a pre-evo of a prior Pokemon.

My 3DS Friend Code is 4656-7001-6257
        Spoiler:- Ghost Friend Safari:

Spoiler:- Hall of Fame:

One of the few consistencies this show has, is that Ash matures with each region he goes through.
    I don't think that was entirely Ash's fault. Casey was the one who demanded a battle (twice) and he didn't have any Johto Pokemon at the time. If the other Trainer provokes them to that point I don't see any problem with him answering the call.

... and Trip is definitely pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    Definitely Krookodile instead of Scraggy.
    I always had this thought that Ash would use Pikachu, Snivy, Oshawott, Pignite, Palpitoad, and Krookodile. Thing is, the 5 on 5 Pokemon have no real grudge against Trip. The only two, possible four, that might have some significance are Pikachu and Snivy (to extent Oshawott for being from Juniper's lab and Pignite because of his recent and humiliating defeat to Serperior)
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I always had this thought that Ash would use Pikachu, Snivy, Oshawott, Pignite, Palpitoad, and Krookodile. Thing is, the 5 on 5 Pokemon have no real grudge against Trip. The only two, possible four, that might have some significance are Pikachu and Snivy (to extent Oshawott for being from Juniper's lab and Pignite because of his recent and humiliating defeat to Serperior)
    Not Palpitoad, with that team he's really redundant. It should be Unfezant instead.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Page 259 of 694 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269309359 ... LastLast