Page 31 of 694 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 775 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

  1. #751
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    romania
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Who wants to bet that Dragonite learns Dragon Dive?

  2. #752
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Which is coincidently it's first loss in the tournament, maybe it should of never bothered.
    Dragonite deciding never to listen to Iris again would be absolutely hilarious.

        Spoiler:

  3. #753
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Basement, York
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mastermda View Post
    Who wants to bet that Dragonite learns Dragon Dive?
    If it hasn't already that is.

  4. #754
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    Part of the problem is that when Ash's Charizard disobeyed him he tried to avoid using it unless it was a last resort, with Iris not only is she using Dragonite but she's racking wins, (not to mention it seems to have come around in a grand total of 2 episodes.)
    Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    That's kind of dumb in a tournament setting, it's like Lewis Hamilton doing a Formula-1 race and being like "Oh I don't think my car is handling properly." - "Oh well I better use it again to make sure."
    Iris made that mistake with Excadrill at some point. After trying to get him to open up for IDK how long she kinda did an Ash and just started calling him out as a last resort because he was strong but wouldn't obey her. That resulted in how many years of it just being closed up all the time?

    She has learned from that and doesn't want to let these problems go unchecked. Iris sees connecting with her Pokemon as a top priority which is why she uses these tournies as a chance to do this. Think back to Emogle, why use her so much in that Don Tourney when it has the habit of being lazy and using VS when things get hard? Because she wanted to get her to enjoy battles and find a way for them to work together.

    Now this tourney? What's more important to Iris? Winning this Tourney (Because lets face it, Excadrill could likely beat both the Bear and Mamoswine.) or getting in sync with her new Dragon?
    Should she run AWAY from the problem or just face it head on after the Bear fight?

    Clearly her going the road that would possible lead to losing has gained her something far more useful ... a Dragonite that will obey her.

  5. #755
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Basement, York
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Col-Erase View Post
    Iris made that mistake with Excadrill at some point. After trying to get him to open up for IDK how long she kinda did an Ash and just started calling him out as a last resort because he was strong but wouldn't obey her. That resulted in how many years of it just being closed up all the time?

    She has learned from that and doesn't want to let these problems go unchecked. Iris sees connecting with her Pokemon as a top priority which is why she uses these tournies as a chance to do this. Think back to Emogle, why use her so much in that Don Tourney when it has the habit of being lazy and using VS when things get hard? Because she wanted to get her to enjoy battles and find a way for them to work together.

    Now this tourney? What's more important to Iris? Winning this Tourney (Because lets face it, Excadrill could likely beat both the Bear and Mamoswine.) or getting in sync with her new Dragon?
    Should she run AWAY from the problem or just face it head on after the Bear fight?

    Clearly her going the road that would possible lead to losing has gained her something far more useful ... a Dragonite that will obey her.
    I think your giving her too much credit than she's due. Excadrill's problem was a whole different bucket of fish to begin with, also wasn't the point that once she learnt what was really bothering him then they could move forwards? I wouldn't call using Dragonite consistently a way to deal with it being disobedient.

  6. #756
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mastermda View Post
    Who wants to bet that Dragonite learns Dragon Dive?
    You mean Dragon Rush right? It's better to use the English names of the moves here because not everyone knows the Japanese names and it stirs confusion.. anyway since I did my prediction for Ash not so long ago I'll do Iris and Cilan now.

    Iris
    or
    Fraxure: I can actually see Axew evolving pretty soon and if he doesn't evolve any time soon it could be towards the end of Best Wishes maybe when Iris leaves the group to train with Drayden or something like that. Before Axew evolves into Fraxure I can see Iris using him a lot more after he's determined to get stronger to keep up with Dragonite.
    Excadrill: I really can't see anything changing about Excadrill. I could see him battling against Drayden's Haxorus sometime later on and maybe a new move but that's about it.
    Emolga: I can't really see anything changing about Emolga either. Maybe we could see some more interactions between her and Snivy and maybe a new move but that's about it.
    Dragonite: Dragonite seems to be the powerhouse of Iris's team right now which was originally Excadrill's role. Even though it seems like Dragonite starts to obey Iris sometime during the World Tournament I still think it has a while until it opens up to her completely so maybe we could see some development with that.
    Bagon: If we do get Ruby and Sapphire remakes sometime before Gen V ends I can see this happening. Bagon is a dragon type and it promotes Ruby and Sapphire so it's a nice possible capture for Iris especially since she has a Salamence in Black Version 2 and White Version 2.
    or
    Torchic: If Iris doesn't get Bagon I can see her getting Torchic for her last Pokemon . The writers like to use the starter Pokemon to promote remakes so if we get Ruby and Sapphire remakes before Gen V ends this one is pretty likely especially since Iris likes cutesy Pokemon and Torchic is pretty cutesy. If she catches one I can see it having a similar personality to Sapphire's Torchic in the Special Manga wild and rowdy to make it unique when compared to May's Torchic pecking its trainers head whenever agitated.

    Fraxure: Giga Impact, Dragon Rage, Outrage, Dual Chop
    Excadrill: Focus Blast, Drill Run, Shadow Claw, Dig
    Emolga: Attract, Volt Switch, Acrobatics, Discharge
    Dragonite: Dragon Pulse, Ice Beam, Thunder Punch, Flamethrower
    Bagon: Scary Face, Dragonbreath, Headbutt, Ember
    or
    Torchic: Quick Attack, Low Kick, Peck, Flame Burst

    Cilan

    Pansage: Pansage seems like a mascot to me right now.. so I really can't see him evolving. Especially since Stone evolutions never really happen intentionally on the main cast the only one we had was Lombre and he pretty much just went and evolved himself.
    Crustle: Besides a few new moves I can't see Crustle changing all that much. He already has a lot of wins under his belt compared to the other Pokemon so he's fine.
    Stunfisk: Stunfisk really needs a lot of development. He could use a new moves and even a few wins actually a lot of wins. I can see Stunfisk getting some development eventually though especially if we get a Stunfisk Outbreak episode.
    Vespiquen: Caught as a Combee and is relatively weak. Cilan spends a lot of time training Combee to get stronger due to her dedication to get stronger after losing to Burgundy's Dewott. She would eventually evolve into a Vespiquen and become one of Cilan's premium brand Pokemon.
    Mudkip: Ruby and Sapphire promotion like Iris's potential Bagon or Torchic. I can see Cilan's Mudkip being rather lax or lazy and sort of sluggish. It would have the opposite personality of Iris's hot headed Torchic. Despite this it would be an extremely powerful battle.

    Pansage: Seed Bomb, SolarBeam, Dig, Rock Tomb
    Crustle: Rock Slide, Shell Smash, X-Scissor, Poison Jab
    Stunfisk: Thunder, Scald, Mud Bomb, Bounce
    Vespiquen: Slash, Power Gem, Signal Beam, Heal Order
    Mudkip: Aqua Tail, Water Pledge, Take Down, Protect

  7. #757
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Basement, York
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    I think I'd like to see Cilan with a treecko rather than a Mudkip as Brock had one, and Budew rather than Vesipqueen.

  8. #758
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    I think I'd like to see Cilan with a treecko rather than a Mudkip as Brock had one, and Budew rather than Vesipqueen.
    id actually prefer muskip. treecko had pleanty of screentime under ash but mudkip could do with more

  9. #759
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Basement, York
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    id actually prefer muskip. treecko had pleanty of screentime under ash but mudkip could do with more
    While that's true there's too much similarity too Brock in my mind, and I'd want the Pokémon to be grass type if he didn't already have another.

  10. #760
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile lover View Post
    Not considering plot conveniences, Meloetta will always be better than hundred of Pokemon for an any evil team if they need its special powers.
    Meloetta's abilities are an ends to a means. They don't want Meloetta itself just it's abilities. Only a collector would want Meloetta itself.

    Like if right now Ash catches it and it is Juniper'd then its obvious TR will find out its current location and visit the lab to capture Meloetta.
    Considering Team Rocket are doing their own thing half of the time, and barely run into Ash, it's very unlikely that they would magically know that Ash caught Meloetta and that he sent it to Professor Juniper. Plus its Team Rocket, we're talking about. If Juniper or her assistants can't defend her lab and the Pokemon within it, then they are surely pathetic.

    What I am trying to say is, that there are more chances of need of such unique Pokemon compared to all those regular Pokemon.
    An ends to a means, is all Meloetta is to Team Rocket. Likely because it means stronger than Meloetta Pokemon. Meloetta is just one single Pokemon. That's power is questionable. A collector would have more to benefit in having Meloetta than a group like Team Rocket.

    Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    The only Pokemon who are treated any different in the anime are legendaries, BST means nothing, it's always been that way.
    Not really. We have some random nobody trainer, who didn't even make it passed the Preliminary (Off screen) rounds with a Heatran. And that Heatran meant jack squat except to appear.

    No it's not. It's always been a term used officially. :U
    Don't recall Mewtwo, Mew, the three birds being referred to as in red blue yellow legendary Pokemon. At least not in the sense that fans use the term. If anything only Mewtwo, and Mew were referred to as "Legendary Pokemon."

    After all "legends" about Pokemon doesn't necessarily equate to them being Legendary Pokemon.

    We all know fans use the term "Legendary Pokemon" to solely refer to powerful BST Pokemon that aren't part of an evolutionary line. I'm pretty sure in that sense it is a fan term.

    Originally "Legendary" referred to powerful rare and unique Pokemon, that not your every average Joe gets to see in real life, even some are so
    "legendary" they don't even really exist for some even though they do exist. And a lot of these Pokemon have legends about them.

    So what do fans refer to as Legendary Pokemon? Powerful Standalone BST Pokemon.

    Example: Let's say there's a dragon type Pokemon. Let's say it has 600 BST. And it doesn't evolve from anything neither evolves into anything. And let's say that, while it's rare to find this Pokemon, you could still catch nearly an infinite amount of this particular species, even having a team full of these.

    Simply because it has no evolutionary line, people will still call it a legendary Pokemon. Even though its technically less rare than the likes of Dragonite which aren't easily found. Or even Salamence, Metagross.

    Even Arcanine is referred to as a "Legendary Pokemon" only because that is it's classification. When you here Arcanine's Pokedex entry in the anime what are you going to hear? "Arcanine, the legendary Pokemon and the evolved form of Growlithe, <Insert Game Dex entry here>"

    That... wasn't the point.
    There's no sense in bringing up the term "Psuedo Legendary" for Dragonite and complaining about Iris and Dragonite and arguing against legendaries if it had nothing to do with Ash getting Meloetta.

    And I said "original" point. I wasn't referring to your points. But likely how you got involved.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  11. #761
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Has it ever occurred to you guys that Iris just doesn't know Dragonite's battle-style? I think this might just be a Dawn-Buizel situation.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  12. #762
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    Has it ever occurred to you guys that Iris just doesn't know Dragonite's battle-style? I think this might just be a Dawn-Buizel situation.
    ....so it gets traded to Ash while Ash gives up Gible, who would be the Aipom of this in that it was the last captured pokemon of the previous region?

    Cool Beans.
    D- Grade PASBL Ref- Squad



    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    I've been gone from Serebii for over 4 months already and this is by far the best team to grace the barren wastelands of Serebii's Competitive section. Let its creation be known throughout the land. Kings will hold grand feasts to commemorate its conception. All wars will end. The eyes of children will finally be opened to the truth of MMS.
    Creds for the cute ub to my bby Turpoo <3

  13. #763
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    romania
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    You mean Dragon Rush right? It's better to use the English names of the moves here because not everyone knows the Japanese names and it stirs confusion.. anyway since I did my prediction for Ash not so long ago I'll do Iris and Cilan now.
    Dude i dont want to be rude but i would use any names i want, and it sounds better than Dragon Rush. OK?

  14. #764
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    I think your giving her too much credit than she's due. Excadrill's problem was a whole different bucket of fish to begin with, also wasn't the point that once she learnt what was really bothering him then they could move forwards? I wouldn't call using Dragonite consistently a way to deal with it being disobedient.
    You haven't seen the episode so I don't see how you're just assuming she's just doing things without a plan or without trying to talk things through first. Even with Emolga she took it to the side and had a lil talk with it before the battle instead of just hoping the Deva gets it. From what we have seen it looks like she tries to do that with Dragonite in the scans.

    And yes, Excadrill's problem was something else completely ... but it still didn't obey her and it still could have been resolved long ago had Iris known what to say to him. That's why I think she wants to make sure she works on these connection problems as soon as they arrive.

    And I don't think you're giving her enough credit. She's smart, she knows how to battle and she knows how strong Excadrill is for these match ups ... yet she chooses to use Dragonite to better her bond and sync up with it in these battles where it's at a super disadvantage. She clearly cares more about building their relationship than winning where as Ash was the opposite with Charizard (because he only used it as a last resort and never really tried to get over their hump until it chilled out.).

  15. #765
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Basement, York
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Col-Erase View Post
    You haven't seen the episode so I don't see how you're just assuming she's just doing things without a plan or without trying to talk things through first. Even with Emolga she took it to the side and had a lil talk with it before the battle instead of just hoping the Deva gets it. From what we have seen it looks like she tries to do that with Dragonite in the scans.

    And yes, Excadrill's problem was something else completely ... but it still didn't obey her and it still could have been resolved long ago had Iris known what to say to him. That's why I think she wants to make sure she works on these connection problems as soon as they arrive.

    And I don't think you're giving her enough credit. She's smart, she knows how to battle and she knows how strong Excadrill is for these match ups ... yet she chooses to use Dragonite to better her bond and sync up with it in these battles where it's at a super disadvantage. She clearly cares more about building their relationship than winning where as Ash was the opposite with Charizard (because he only used it as a last resort and never really tried to get over their hump until it chilled out.).
    I don't need too, i know she's consistently using a disobedient Pokémon in battle, bad call.

  16. #766
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Snorlax View Post
    ....so it gets traded to Ash while Ash gives up Gible, who would be the Aipom of this in that it was the last captured pokemon of the previous region?

    Cool Beans.
    Minus that part XD.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  17. #767
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    I don't need too, i know she's consistently using a disobedient Pokémon in battle, bad call.
    She must be doing something right seeing as by the end of this she has an obedient Dragonite instead of a Disobedient Dragonite and a Excadrill that got evolve hexed out of a win in the Semi Finals.

    The proof is in the pudding. :P

  18. #768
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Basement, York
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Col-Erase View Post
    She must be doing something right seeing as by the end of this she has an obedient Dragonite instead of a Disobedient Dragonite and a Excadrill that got evolve hexed out of a win in the Semi Finals.

    The proof is in the pudding. :P
    I dunno, maybe it'll go back to being disobedient again. Hopefully too, 2 episodes isn't enough to conquer a Pokémon of it's calibre and it loses the battle

  19. #769
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Snorlax View Post
    ....so it gets traded to Ash while Ash gives up Gible, who would be the Aipom of this in that it was the last captured pokemon of the previous region?

    Cool Beans.
    That could be interesting... since Ash is affected by the "Not-Always-Evolve" curse, if they end up trading Pokémon and Iris manages to free Gible from the curse and evolve it all the way, they'll both end up with strong Pokémon (and Iris can more or less emulate Cynthia).

    Sadly/luckily, that won't happen, IMO.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Check out my little sprite gallery by clicking here!

  20. #770
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Snorlax View Post
    ....so it gets traded to Ash while Ash gives up Gible, who would be the Aipom of this in that it was the last captured pokemon of the previous region?

    Cool Beans.
    Gible is too awesome for Iris to handle
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  21. #771
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Gible is too awesome for Iris to handle
    Gible would live in Iris' hair the first episode after Axew evolves, and eat Iris' hair up to the pigtails in the same episode. Then Iris demands Ash take gible back so they trade back XD
    D- Grade PASBL Ref- Squad



    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    I've been gone from Serebii for over 4 months already and this is by far the best team to grace the barren wastelands of Serebii's Competitive section. Let its creation be known throughout the land. Kings will hold grand feasts to commemorate its conception. All wars will end. The eyes of children will finally be opened to the truth of MMS.
    Creds for the cute ub to my bby Turpoo <3

  22. #772
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Gible is too awesome for Iris to handle
    Draco meteor should be an axew homing missile

  23. #773
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    I I think that if any of ashs pokemon were to be traded, boldore seems the most likely, considering it must be traded to evolve,

  24. #774
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Snorlax View Post
    Gible would live in Iris' hair the first episode after Axew evolves, and eat Iris' hair up to the pigtails in the same episode. Then Iris demands Ash take gible back so they trade back XD
    Ash would just demand it back and keep Dragonite anyway
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  25. #775
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Enough of this rubbish, I want more Oshawott discussions!

    How many evolutions and captures do you guys expect to occur until the League for Ash? I am expecting 3-5 and 1-2 captures.
    Last edited by Shraeder; 4th August 2012 at 4:04 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Page 31 of 694 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •