Page 39 of 694 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 975 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

  1. #951
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    im with ash
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    The only Unova Pokémon that I can see Ash obtaining is Meloetta, and even this is a real stretch.

    But remember one thing. There is a Pokémon that is promoting the 5th generation quite well: Oshawott.

    Look! Isn't him the cute mascot that every kid wish to hug (and some older fans wish to strangle)?

    Really, in the last episodes they're literally shoving the otter down our throats, together with Meloetta and Piplup. And there is also the "Axew factor", an Unova Pokémon that appear in every... single... episode.

    Nobody will remove him from Iris's hair! Not even a Whirlwind or Hurricane!

    Isn't that enough for marketing BW? Well, the other starters appear quite often (even though we haven't seen much of Snivy, recently) and Pansage, Scraggy and recently even Krokorok (a role that I can see retaining even after evolving) can be considered second mascots. The only non-Unova Pokémon that we're going to see always are Piplup and Pikachu (and maybe Dragonite).

    Proudly stealing some screentime from the reserves.

    One or two 1st Gen Pokémon, one 4th Gen Pokémon and at least three 5th Gen Pokémon (in reality it ranges from three to seven, if we add all the starters, Scraggy and Krokorok/Krookodile). Three older vs seven new. And you say that they can't promote BW enough?

    More than probably we're going to see more pre-Unova Pokémon (wild and non) together with Unova ones, since the gang is travelling in Eastern Unova, but I think it's simply ridiculous for Ash to not catch a non-Unova Poké here. In Eastern Unova. Where non-Unova Pokémon aren't a rarity. Maybe he can catch one last Unova mon, but then he's free to catch older Pokés (if he has time, obviously).

    There is no rule that explicitly says "Ash must not catch any non-regional Pokémon, unless it has some connection with the next generation". It's a rule that people created in their minds, since they shoved this status quo in our faces for so long (fifteen whole years). But guess what? Rules may change.

    Still holding my hope to see Ash catching a non-Unova Pokémon, not necessarily related to an eventual 6th Generation, before the end of BW2. If that doesn't happen... well, c'est la vie!
    wait what!!! your kidding right metoela is a ledgenary

    if ash gets metoela I eat my hat an put it on youtube




    Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Won't happen since female lucario's exist.
    looks the same as a male 1

    it could happen unlikely but its possible

  2. #952
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ★ Mr. Mime ★ View Post
    This is STILL Best Wishes, it's just Season 2, and we're STILL in Unova so how are 5th Gen Pokemon not the best to promote it? This is probably the most ridiculous point that has been continuously brought up in these arguments.
    You're just too caught up with the 5th gen Pokemon.

    And they're not relevant any more due to the fact they had 80 episodes of just them being shoved down our throats for Best Wishes.

    What is Best Wishes Season 2 all about? Past generation Pokemon.

    You keep forgetting that Ash 9 FREAKING 5th generation Pokemon, catching yet another one is completely redundant and doesn't at all advertise Black 2 White 2 because that's not what Black 2 and White 2 are all about.

    Why did Iris catch a Dragonite and not Druddigon or something from the Deino line?

    Look at Paul's and Barry's team. Both had past generation Pokemon, Trip currently only has 5th generation Pokemon. All because some of them like Barry's Heracross were inside Diamond and Pearl.

    Like I keep saying they had 80+ episodes to solely focus on 5th gen Pokemon. If Ash was going to catch yet another 5th generation Pokemon it would've been done after Krokorok and before the gym battle with Roxie.

    Plus there's no guarantee that Ash will catch anything before the league. And especially after the league your argument is very flawed because after the league, 5th gen Pokemon aren't even relevant any longer because after the league, it enters filler mode until 6th gen.

    But even so, the Black 2 White 2 Pokedex is filled with at least half of it being Pokemon from previous generation.

    You act as if Unfezant, Oshawott, Pignite, Snivy, Scraggy, Leavanny, Palpitoad, Boldore, and Krokorok aren't marketing 5th gen.

    But what's the most recent game out? Black 2 White 2. Well guess what catching yet another 5th gen Pokemon isn't going to advertise those games at all. If 5th gen need to be advertised then that's the job of Ash's Current Unova. But another 5th gen doesn't market Black 2 and White 2 at all.

    Plus let's look at the Pokemon that need debuts in the anime the only Pokemon that Ash could only ever get:

    Zoroark- I doubt Ash will get a pure dark as well as a gimmicky Pokemon.

    Klang- Probably the only likely one but I don't see it.

    Eelektrik- I don't see it because its an electric type.

    Rufflet
    Braviary- If it wasn't for Unfezant yeah sure, but this one is completely redundant as Ash has a normal/flying Pokemon already.

    Vullaby- More likely than Rufflet as Vullaby is Dark/Flying with the Rufflet line being Normal/Flying.

    Zweilous- While it's nice to see people suggesting Hydreigon with Ash, I still get caught up on the fact that the only trainer to get a dragon type would be Iris. Let's wait until next gen and if Iris is still on the main cast (for whatever reason) then Ash should have a go with any potential dragon types. But for 5th gen it should be Iris.

    They are the only ones that they could possibly ever give to Ash, since every other Pokemon has been advertised enough.

    Seriously what 5th generation Pokemon do you even expect Ash to get. It's too late for any of them.

    But back to my point Ash's current 5th generation Pokemon advertise 5th gen just fine, yet another 5th gen Pokemon especially in Best Wishes Season 2 and the era of Black 2 White 2, are completely redundant. Only by catching a past generation Pokemon will it be able to properly advertise Pokemon Black 2 White 2.

    Because you keep ignoring what Black 2 and White 2 are about. Black 2 and White 2 are about 5th gen mixed with past generation Pokemon. That's the thing, how does Ash advertise that "idea" when all he is doing is catching 5th generation Pokemon. That's not at all what Black 2 and White 2 are about. That's what Black and White were about, not Black 2 and White 2.

    Ash doesn't need to advertise 5th generation any more, because guess what? He has plenty of 5th generation to advertise 5th generation. Catching Riolu/Eevee is not MAGICALLY going to stop advertising 5th generation. Catching those Pokemon aren't going to magically get rid of Unfezant, Oshawott, Pignite, Snivy, Scraggy, Leavanny, Palpitoad, Boldore, and Krookodile. They're still going to be there, but what will Riolu/Eevee do is definitely advertise Black 2 and White 2 because it's about a mix of 5th generation as well as past generation Pokemon.

    Now I suppose you can argue why Ash didn't catch a past generation in a new generation. Well that alone answers your argument. Of course in a new series Ash is only going to catch particular generation Pokemon. But with the exception of Kanto, Ash has only ever had between 5 and 6 generation Pokemon, so even late series captures it made sense to catch the same gen.

    Plus Best Wishes matched Black and White, with no past generation Pokemon. So Ash wasn't the only one who wasn't allowed to catch past generation Pokemon.

    But having 9 Unova Pokemon prior to Best Wishes Season 2, and having 5th gen being shoved down our throats, I don't get why you don't see that a past generation Pokemon for Ash would give his team a burst of fresh air. Because in real life if you constantly eat something of one thing it'll lose its flavor, this has happened to me on many occasions. But once you don't have something for a very long time, it's the most delicious thing you ever had when you have it again.

    That's what a past generation Pokemon would do to Ash's team. Right now even with potential evolutions, the air is stale. They are stale. Snivy being the stalest Pokemon on Ash's team, not having anything new since episode 10 (with the revelation of Leaf Blade).

    Evolutions help the team not be so stale, but captures are the best way to freshen up Ash's team. Only problem is 5th gen is getting stale, so the only way to truly freshen up Ash's team is not by catching a 5th generation Pokemon. But by being allowed to catch a Past Generation. Because at least then his 5th gen Pokemon and his past gen Unova caught Pokemon will do Black 2 and White 2 justice.

    Right now let's say that I was going to buy a game based on Ash's team alone. Right now it would only be Black and White, because it only has 5th gen Pokemon. Add at least a past generation to the mix, and I would be like "OH yeah you can do that in Black 2 and White 2, you can catch past generation Pokemon along with 5th gen Pokemon in those Pokemon. Sounds awesome I'll buy one of them instead." While I'm sure Nintendo/Gamefreak might appreciate me buying Black and White, considering how old it is, they'd be more appreciative of me buying Black 2 and White 2 which just came out.

    Your arguments are especially flawed if Riolu/Eevee have 6th gen evolutions or any other potential past gen captures.

    Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Won't happen since female lucario's exist.
    Oh you mean like how there won't be a Male Gardevoir counterpart because there can be male Gardevoir......OH wait, Gallade.

    But I'm afraid of the possibility of a female only evolution of Riolu. I don't even want to know what that would like.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 5th August 2012 at 10:15 PM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  3. #953
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dragon Roost Island
    Posts
    5,133

    Default

    dman how on earth do you expect anybody to reply to that essay.

    :S
    AS:

  4. #954
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucario750 View Post
    wait what!!! your kidding right metoela is a ledgenary

    if ash gets metoela I eat my hat an put it on youtube
    That's why I said "stretch". I'm not quite sure about that, but many people are convinced.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  5. #955
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,226

    Default

    Amen dman_dustin. Amen. I totally agree. Apart from the fact that Ash's Unfezant ; Leavanny ; Palpitoad ; Boldore ; Krokorok not getting enough time in the anime and getting another Pokemon to those would only make it worse, it would be better to advertise those more famous Pokemon that are now in B2W2 such as Lucario.
    Last edited by TheSirPeras; 5th August 2012 at 10:27 PM.

  6. #956
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    dman how on earth do you expect anybody to reply to that essay.

    :S
    The same way that Ash catching a past generation Pokemon will somehow erase Ash's current 5th gen Pokemon from existence like it's being implied.

    Magic.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Amen dman_dustin. Amen. I totally agree, apart from the fact that Ash's Unfezant ; Leavanny ; Palpitoad ; Boldore ; Krokorok not getting enough time in the anime and getting another Pokemon to those would only make it worse, it would be better to advertise those more famous Pokemon that are now in B2W2 such as Lucario.
    I didn't say they had the best screen time, I was just arguing that they'll be there for Ash to use during the remaining time left of 5th gen, so they'll still be there to advertise 5th gen when they do show up.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  7. #957
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I didn't say they had the best screen time, I was just arguing that they'll be there for Ash to use during the remaining time left of 5th gen, so they'll still be there to advertise 5th gen when they do show up.
    I know I noticed the punctuation on my post wasn't that good lol. I was actually adding something to why Ash really shouldn't catch a Pokemon (from unova or not) because of their screen time, I didn't mean to say like "I agree with everything but the screentime part" I meant it like "I agree with everything. Plus the screentime."

  8. #958
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,168

    Default

    I agree with you, dman_dustin. Well said! *thumbs-up*
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  9. #959
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    ... what about bringing back an old Pokemon he has and evolving it?

    How about Gible? People like Gible, right?

  10. #960
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    ... what about bringing back an old Pokemon he has and evolving it?

    How about Gible? People like Gible, right?
    I'd rather see Totodile evolve
    But Gible could evolve and fight Dragonite

  11. #961
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Basement, York
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Good job with that post Dman, you summed the whole thing up brilliantly.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    I'd rather see Totodile evolve
    But Gible could evolve and fight Dragonite
    I'd love to see Totodile evolve just before/during the league, I'd like to see Gible following Ash to 6th gen (like Aipom did.)

  12. #962
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    I'd rather see Totodile evolve
    But Gible could evolve and fight Dragonite
    A dancing Croconaw/Feraligatr... if it learns break-dance, it's going to be awesome! XD
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  13. #963
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Basement, York
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    A dancing Croconaw/Feraligatr... if it learns break-dance, it's going to be awesome! XD
    Ugh, I'm pretty sure that dancing gag is the entire reason Totodile didn't evolve in the first-place, I mean it's evolution was even hinted at and still never came to be.

  14. #964
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    A dancing Croconaw/Feraligatr... if it learns break-dance, it's going to be awesome! XD
    plus a potential croconaw/feraligatr & krookodile team up

  15. #965
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    2,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    Ugh, I'm pretty sure that dancing gag is the entire reason Totodile didn't evolve in the first-place, I mean it's evolution was even hinted at and still never came to be.
    Even if it doesn't evolve or not, using the dance moves and turning them into moves like Swords Dance or even Dragons Dance would be pretty cool. Oh and an evolution works too I guess,
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!


    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

  16. #966
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Basement, York
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post
    Even if it doesn't evolve or not, using the dance moves and turning them into moves like Swords Dance or even Dragons Dance would be pretty cool. Oh and an evolution works too I guess,
    Man, I just wish we could see Bayleef/Quilava/Croconaw.

  17. #967
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    I wonder will Team Rocket's Yamask and Woobat evolve? Or will they catch new Pokemon, I mean they are gonna have their biggest plan in history, so they will most likely battle, but I don't see that happening with just Woobat and Yamask.

  18. #968
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    2,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    I wonder will Team Rocket's Yamask and Woobat evolve? Or will they catch new Pokemon, I mean they are gonna have their biggest plan in history, so they will most likely battle, but I don't see that happening with just Woobat and Yamask.
    They don't really rely that much on their pokemon now as they like to operate behind the scenes with weapons. I suppose the most we'll get is either a random evolution in battle with the twerps when one of their plans fail, or their pokemon evolve to power a machine that team rocket need to use. To be honest, I'd prefer if they either caught stronger pokemon or got their old ones back; that would be fantastic.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!


    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

  19. #969
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    spokane, washington
    Posts
    490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    ... what about bringing back an old Pokemon he has and evolving it?

    How about Gible? People like Gible, right?
    What about Corphish we have one on the Best Wishes season 2 poster if not Ash's they must have something plan for the species.
    White FC: 1334 7028 3541
    Black2 FC: 1249 6749 9360
    3DS FC: 1719 4581 9302

  20. #970
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post
    They don't really rely that much on their pokemon now as they like to operate behind the scenes with weapons. I suppose the most we'll get is either a random evolution in battle with the twerps when one of their plans fail, or their pokemon evolve to power a machine that team rocket need to use. To be honest, I'd prefer if they either caught stronger pokemon or got their old ones back; that would be fantastic.
    I want them to catch stronger Pokemon too, but sadly their old Pokemon were treated as punching bags when they battled Ash and his friends, I really liked them too. I wonder what the writers have in store for them.

  21. #971
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    2,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    I want them to catch stronger Pokemon too, but sadly their old Pokemon were treated as punching bags when they battled Ash and his friends, I really liked them too. I wonder what the writers have in store for them.
    while i personally would prefer new captures an evolutions their old pokemon would likely not be the punching bags they once were after all the new way that team rocket act they'd probably be slightly stronger.

  22. #972
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    ... what about bringing back an old Pokemon he has and evolving it?

    How about Gible? People like Gible, right?
    Ahah yeah, people like Gible.

  23. #973
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,990

    Default

    kinda makes one wonder what thier going to do if they attempt to steal Meloetta and then meet Iris Dragonite in the process...if they managed to escape getting blasted off it'd be a miracle.

    I also kind of a agree that one more capture could be made by Ash, but no more than that.

    I'm not too intrested on Gible coming back while Iris is around, because if Iris "needs" to get all the dragon types, what's to stop the writers from having Ash fork Gible up to her, I could see her taking a liking to it despite it's eating habits and beg Ash to give it to her for raising and knowing his personallity, he probably would--;
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 6th August 2012 at 12:26 AM.

  24. #974
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    I'd rather see Totodile evolve
    But Gible could evolve and fight Dragonite
    Noo! They can't evolve totodile, haha, I guess they can but I prefer totodile .
    But bringing gible back to evolve would be awesome, or even evolving corphish?

  25. #975
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Basement, York
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    kinda makes one wonder what thier going to do if they attempt to steal Meloetta and then meet Iris Dragonite in the process...if they managed to escape getting blasted off it'd be a miracle.

    I also kind of a agree that one more capture could be made by Ash, but no more than that.
    Yeah man, I'm hoping for like a full on assault with Krookodile, Dragonite, Crustle, Pignite etc all fighting Team Rocket.

Page 39 of 694 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •