Page 42 of 694 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

  1. #1026
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ★ Mr. Mime ★ View Post
    Merchandise doesn't always mean a capture.
    The fact that Dragonite Piplup and Pikachu there makes it likely.

    Never said it would
    Then stop acting like it...

    They can and will continue to promote the 5th Generation of Pokemon since that's where everything is currently at. And they've been promoting the fact that old Pokemon are more prevalent in the region now so of course their not just promoting 5th Gen Pokemon anymore, but that doesn't change the fact that 5th Gen Pokemon are the primary set of Pokemon that best promote the Unova region.
    Hello? Did you ignore the fact that all recent advertisement has been for past gen Pokemon?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  2. #1027
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    The fact that Dragonite Piplup and Pikachu there makes it likely.
    But not certain.

    Then stop acting like it...
    How exactly am I acting like it? Oh wait, I'm not... -_-

    Hello? Did you ignore the fact that all recent advertisement has been for past gen Pokemon?
    Hello? Did you ignore the Pokemon on the cover of the games, the region it's set in, the posters promoting the games, the Keldeo Wi-fi giveaway, and all the other 5th Gen stuff they've been using to promote these games? Geez, it's like some of you are completely blind to everything besides the old Pokemon.


  3. #1028
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia.
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ★ Mr. Mime ★ View Post
    But not certain.



    How exactly am I acting like it? Oh wait, I'm not... -_-



    Hello? Did you ignore the Pokemon on the cover of the games, the region it's set in, the posters promoting the games, the Keldeo Wi-fi giveaway, and all the other 5th Gen stuff they've been using to promote these games? Geez, it's like some of you are completely blind to everything besides the old Pokemon.
    That Keldo giveaway happens to be for Black and White as well.
    And the point of that merchandise was not only a possible capture, but the fact that it's all non-Unova pokemon.
    You can't even obtain the pokemon on the cover until after you've beaten the game anyway...
    And most of the posters are still just Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. That's the only Unova pokemon they seem to be marketing, but is anyone on the main cast gonna catch it?
    Meleotta is a lot more likely then Kyurem, that's for sure.
    And I was talking about Kira when I said getting one old pokemon for each of them wouldn't harm the show, I'm just too lazy to direct it or quote it
    3DS Friend Code: 0473-8153-4660 (Fairy safari)
    I'll fix my sig eventually....
    Emerald Nuzlocke Team: Fire Red Randomizer Nuzlocke Team:
    Black 2 team:Y Team:
    Predictions for Ash's team:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

  4. #1029
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    53

    Default

    I guess these will evolve and get captured by ash (I wont put every 1 of his unova because som are shown to evolve or...):

    first evo:

    I really believe that snivy will get 1 evolution but I hope snivy fully evolve

    I really hope here that ash finally gets a fully evolved 3 stage water pokemon (I would have liked if Oshawott would evolve but I dont think it will evolve)

    I can see this and I cant.

    pignite could evolve butI really hope it dosent cause ash allready got infernape as a firefighter but it could evolve (Quilava should evolve so he gets a pure fire typ that's fully evolved)
    Cant see why scraggy should evolve

    now capture:

    would be awesome addition for ash if he would start to train in aura or what's it called

    1: Meloetta has such a fondness for ash so I think he will capture it. Meloetta dosent seem to be op
    2: Iris caught a really strong Dragonite so why not let ash get Meloetta
    SRY for bad english
    Last edited by sgtsnus; 6th August 2012 at 9:10 AM.
    Define the king that you feel you must protect

  5. #1030
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shelldude400 View Post
    That Keldo giveaway happens to be for Black and White as well.
    It's still being used to promote BW2 since we're being instructed to transfer it to those games to obtain it's new form.

    And the point of that merchandise was not only a possible capture, but the fact that it's all non-Unova pokemon.
    Still doesn't mean a capture for Ash.

    You can't even obtain the pokemon on the cover until after you've beaten the game anyway...
    irrelevant...

    And most of the posters are still just Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. That's the only Unova pokemon they seem to be marketing, but is anyone on the main cast gonna catch it?
    Meleotta is a lot more likely then Kyurem, that's for sure.
    I'm doubtful of any cast member catching a legendary, and you just contradicted yourself by saying Black/White Kyurem is the only Unova Pokemon they seem to be marketing and then mentioning the likeliness of Meleotta being captured on the show... -___-


  6. #1031
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia.
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ★ Mr. Mime ★ View Post
    It's still being used to promote BW2 since we're being instructed to transfer it to those games to obtain it's new form.



    Still doesn't mean a capture for Ash.



    irrelevant...



    I'm doubtful of any cast member catching a legendary, and you just contradicted yourself by saying Black/White Kyurem is the only Unova Pokemon they seem to be marketing and then mentioning the likeliness of Meleotta being captured on the show... -___-
    I find Meleotta very unlikely, and so Kyurem is a hell load even more unlikely -.-
    I spoes Meleotta counts, but it isn't being heavily marketed from game promotions at this point in time.
    Do you still not get the point of that merchandise? It DOESN'T CONTAIN UNOVA POKEMON
    And it could fairly enough mean a capture, as half of the pokemon their happened to be owned, and all of those pokemon are on the Best Wishes 2 promotion poster.
    Honestly, Riolu/Eevee is more likely than Oshawott evolving.
    Oshawott alone probably covers 3/4 of the marketing for BW. Piplup extends that a lot more........
    3DS Friend Code: 0473-8153-4660 (Fairy safari)
    I'll fix my sig eventually....
    Emerald Nuzlocke Team: Fire Red Randomizer Nuzlocke Team:
    Black 2 team:Y Team:
    Predictions for Ash's team:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

  7. #1032
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    2,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    I'm especially hoping for a Roserade or a Jumpluff: the first is elegant, the latter appears even in-game.
    thats decent reasoning.Roserade definalty gives cilan an elegant pokemon(i know none of his current pokemon are particuarly elegant but i think 1 that was would suit) him and there is a lot of roserade merchandise.Jumpluff on the other hand dosen't have the merchandise atm but it would give cilan something that could be used when looking for lost things like emolga and unfeazent are.I'm on the fence between those two.

  8. #1033
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dragon Roost Island
    Posts
    5,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    So Eevee.. I'd be happy with that. Finally give him the Espeon that should've rivaled Gary's Umbreon way back in Johto!
    And if not Espeon, I can easily see them pulling an Aipom and have the Eevee follow Ash to the sixth gen region for it to evolve there (assuming that it will have another Eeveelution).

    Quote Originally Posted by stanleysmith View Post
    I think any Grass-type would be. Roserade, Leafeon, and Jumpluff especially would, imo.
    Ew. No. Nando had a Roserade, Drew had a Roserade, Gardenia had a Roserade... we don't need yet another character to own one. I'd rather some other Grass-type, like Whimsicott or... something.

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Mr.Mime, it's apparent to me you just flat out don't like Riolu or Eevee as prospectable choices for Ash, we don't need the elongated sugarcoated posts of self opinionated drabble ok?
    ... because the people arguing for Riolu aren't opinionated?

    It's been proven Riolu can be treated different than Scraggy, and types don't really seem to be an issue with the writers anyway.
    No it hasn't. Riolu and Scraggy are extremely similar, they're both small, speedy Fighting-types. Sure, Riolu could get Blaze Kick, maybe, or Dark/Dragon Pulse as a Lucario, but how does that warrant a capture? Look at some Pokemon's movesets. They usually have moves of their own type and some Normal moves, with maybe one move not of their type, like a Water-type with Ice Beam. They usually pick from a level up learnset too. Just because Lucario can, gasp, learn Dragon Pulse does not mean that it wouldn't be totally redundant because we already have Scraggy as a Fighting-type.

    And anyway, why now of all times to give Ash Riolu? Why not at the end of Hoenn, when it had a movie, or during Sinnoh, when there were events surrounding it (the Ranger game) and Ash's aura power was brought up? Why not give him Riolu back then, when it was so immensely popular and was advertised as a mascot of the Sinnoh region? Honestly, if they were going to give him a Riolu, they would have done it long before now.

    Furthermore, that merchandise doesn't mean a whole lot because it shows both Riolu and Lucario. That makes it more likely that there will be a Riolu/Lucario episode somewhere down the line. It doesn't seal the deal on a capture.

    And no, I'm not biased against the line (and calling people that is sort of ridiculous because half of you are clearly biased towards Riolu), I just find it extremely unlikely.


    e: Also, do people really need to keep calling Mr. Mime an idiot or whatever? You can debate with him while staying civil 8\
    Last edited by Valoo.; 6th August 2012 at 1:30 PM.

  9. #1034
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    I think maybe one new move for most pokemon is the most we can expect by series end. most pokemon I'm not fussed on what that move is but there are a few things I really want. 1) leavanny to get an attacking bug move like x-scissor or struggle bug. 2) palpitoad to get a punching move if it evolves. 3) unfezant to get a decent normal attack like razor wind

  10. #1035
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Basement, York
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ★ Mr. Mime ★ View Post
    Because you were supporting the same nonsense again a second ago.
    I didn't support it a second ago, I thought it was a well thought out, intelligent post that made sense, and I also thought it was a cop-out how you simply made a comment about it being too long to reply too.

    The problem is you're trying to drill your flawed logic into my head when neither you or Dman have proven yourselves to be correct in your cases. So I don't know what point you're trying to prove by referencing his post when I've already proven his arguments have been largely incorrect.
    Sometimes even when you don't know the official facts you can still make a call based on common sense and logic.

    How can I respect your opinion when all you keep doing is countering with arguments that hold no weight while insulting mine and claiming I'm wrong with no counter arguments that dispel the ones I've put forth? In reality, you're wrong, and I've proven it quite a few times. But I am debating with someone who stands behind the largely flawed logic of another, so I can't respect that.
    Well give me something to counter, I don't know if you've looked back in the last few posts but all you've done is moan about Dman and repeat the same redundant points that have always been addressed multiple times, as if saying them another 10 times is going to turn them into fact.

    Ew. No. Nando had a Roserade, Drew had a Roserade, Gardenia had a Roserade... we don't need yet another character to own one. I'd rather some other Grass-type, like Whimsicott or... something.
    I don't see why that should really effect it too much, Cilan could catch it as a Budew as we haven't seen too much of that.

    And anyway, why now of all times to give Ash Riolu? Why not at the end of Hoenn, when it had a movie, or during Sinnoh, when there were events surrounding it (the Ranger game) and Ash's aura power was brought up? Why not give him Riolu back then, when it was so immensely popular and was advertised as a mascot of the Sinnoh region? Honestly, if they were going to give him a Riolu, they would have done it long before now.
    Maybe to rectify a past mistake? Personally I agree with you on this one, I don't want a Riolu on his team, but that doesn't mean the writers won't do it just because they didn't in Sinnoh. Yeah Riolu was popular back then but it's also popular now, it always has been a much-loved Pokémon and it's not coincidence it's in BW2. While it would of been better timing to give it to him last generation, that doesn't mean it's an impossibility right now.

  11. #1036
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia.
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    And if not Espeon, I can easily see them pulling an Aipom and have the Eevee follow Ash to the sixth gen region for it to evolve there (assuming that it will have another Eeveelution).


    Ew. No. Nando had a Roserade, Drew had a Roserade, Gardenia had a Roserade... we don't need yet another character to own one. I'd rather some other Grass-type, like Whimsicott or... something.


    ... because the people arguing for Riolu aren't opinionated?


    No it hasn't. Riolu and Scraggy are extremely similar, they're both small, speedy Fighting-types. Sure, Riolu could get Blaze Kick, maybe, or Dark/Dragon Pulse as a Lucario, but how does that warrant a capture? Look at some Pokemon's movesets. They usually have moves of their own type and some Normal moves, with maybe one move not of their type, like a Water-type with Ice Beam. They usually pick from a level up learnset too. Just because Lucario can, gasp, learn Dragon Pulse does not mean that it wouldn't be totally redundant because we already have Scraggy as a Fighting-type.

    And anyway, why now of all times to give Ash Riolu? Why not at the end of Hoenn, when it had a movie, or during Sinnoh, when there were events surrounding it (the Ranger game) and Ash's aura power was brought up? Why not give him Riolu back then, when it was so immensely popular and was advertised as a mascot of the Sinnoh region? Honestly, if they were going to give him a Riolu, they would have done it long before now.

    Furthermore, that merchandise doesn't mean a whole lot because it shows both Riolu and Lucario. That makes it more likely that there will be a Riolu/Lucario episode somewhere down the line. It doesn't seal the deal on a capture.

    And no, I'm not biased against the line (and calling people that is sort of ridiculous because half of you are clearly biased towards Riolu), I just find it extremely unlikely.
    I think Dman explained why it didn't happen at the end of Hoenn a few pages back, and it didn't happen in Sinnoh because of no rotation, etc.
    Also, that Riolu was "Special"
    The only "Special" pokemon Ash obtained were Pikachu and Noctowl (because it was shiny) IIRC. (I probably don't :/)
    And I believe Piplup had the mascot of Sinnoh spot........................
    Dmerle is correct about it being really popular now, and could be captured now too.
    I notice he doesn't want it yet he's still fighting for it to be a possibility, that is a really un-biased person :3
    Also, both Riolu and Lucario are super marketable, and I don't see why'd they be put with Dragonite, Eevee, Pikachu and Piplup if they weren't of importance. If we ever get this "new rival" he could have a Lucario.. as well as a Samurott x3
    Still, Riolu being captured is more likely than Meleotta being captured and Oshawott evolving....
    3DS Friend Code: 0473-8153-4660 (Fairy safari)
    I'll fix my sig eventually....
    Emerald Nuzlocke Team: Fire Red Randomizer Nuzlocke Team:
    Black 2 team:Y Team:
    Predictions for Ash's team:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

  12. #1037
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    2,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    I think maybe one new move for most pokemon is the most we can expect by series end. most pokemon I'm not fussed on what that move is but there are a few things I really want. 1) leavanny to get an attacking bug move like x-scissor or struggle bug. 2) palpitoad to get a punching move if it evolves. 3) unfezant to get a decent normal attack like razor wind
    1)definatly agree with you on this one.
    2)if it evolves it would make sense i think probalby it would be drain punch even though i don't like the way it's animated in bw.
    3)I'm not to sure about that i suppose it could replace air cutter, but then agin there always the possiblity it's next move will be another flying attack,a status attack or something to allow for it to beat types it otherwise would struggle agiansnt like heat wave.

  13. #1038
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    in my mind razor wind is the perfect move for unfezant. it just seems the type of move that would look good when used by it and would give it a better normal type move then quick attack

  14. #1039
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    in my mind razor wind is the perfect move for unfezant. it just seems the type of move that would look good when used by it and would give it a better normal type move then quick attack
    Unfezants final movepool:

    Quick Attack --> Razor Wind [Give variety from other birds Ash has]
    Gust --> Sky Attack
    Aerial Ace
    Tail Wind

    I'd love that :P

  15. #1040
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Unfezants final movepool:

    Quick Attack --> Razor Wind [Give variety from other birds Ash has]
    Gust --> Sky Attack
    Aerial Ace
    Tail Wind

    I'd love that :P
    id probably keep air cutter over sky attack, make unfezant a special bird rather then a physical. but otherwise love it. although i really only see it learning one new move so razor wind, air cutter, aerial ace, gust/quick attack would be my prediction
    Last edited by AceDetective; 6th August 2012 at 3:38 PM.

  16. #1041
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,669

    Default

    If we ever get this "new rival" he could have a Lucario.. as well as a Samurott
    I think the new Water Gym Leader (What's his name? Marlon?) has Samurott. He shares his Main Pokemon with one of Trip's (to be), so maybe they'll switch it with Samurott.

  17. #1042
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    I think the new Water Gym Leader (What's his name? Marlon?) has Samurott. He shares his Main Pokemon with one of Trip's (to be), so maybe they'll switch it with Samurott.
    or just make carracosta his main Mon

  18. #1043
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,223

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    or just make carracosta his main Mon
    I'd love to see Palpitoad VS Carracosta :P
    As a final battle which means Palpitoad gets to star!!

  19. #1044
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    I think the new Water Gym Leader (What's his name? Marlon?) has Samurott. He shares his Main Pokemon with one of Trip's (to be), so maybe they'll switch it with Samurott.
    Or they'll swith Wailord with Samurott considering Wailord is gigantic, too gigantic for a battle field.

  20. #1045
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    I think the new Water Gym Leader (What's his name? Marlon?) has Samurott. He shares his Main Pokemon with one of Trip's (to be), so maybe they'll switch it with Samurott.
    We haven't seen Trip's Frillish since it's debut, so Trip may have actually gotten another one. He did try to catch a Palpitoad until Ash ruined the capture, suggesting that he is considering replacing the jellyfish pokemon. I hope he doesn't but to be honest, I can see Marlon either using Jellicent or Carracosta as his star, since he's a diver and can explain as to how he found the fossil.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!


    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

  21. #1046
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post
    We haven't seen Trip's Frillish since it's debut, so Trip may have actually gotten another one. He did try to catch a Palpitoad until Ash ruined the capture, suggesting that he is considering replacing the jellyfish pokemon. I hope he doesn't but to be honest, I can see Marlon either using Jellicent or Carracosta as his star, since he's a diver and can explain as to how he found the fossil.
    I hope trip is rotating, I really liked his Frillish, it was really strong

  22. #1047
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    I hope trip is rotating, I really liked his Frillish, it was really strong
    To be honest, I'd like to see Trip replace most of his team with the exception of Conkeldurr and Serperior, since we haven't seen them since their debuts. It would be insanely difficult for newbies to remember them from just after the first gym, so giving them development now would be pretty difficult. Either give Trip new pokes like Absol or a Braviary, or just try to give some actual development towards some of his team. I can't see the likes of Lampent for example, returning because they weren't featured in a major battle and are pretty forgetable.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!


    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

  23. #1048
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post
    To be honest, I'd like to see Trip replace most of his team with the exception of Conkeldurr and Serperior, since we haven't seen them since their debuts. It would be insanely difficult for newbies to remember them from just after the first gym, so giving them development now would be pretty difficult. Either give Trip new pokes like Absol or a Braviary, or just try to give some actual development towards some of his team. I can't see the likes of Lampent for example, returning because they weren't featured in a major battle and are pretty forgetable.
    I agree on that about Vanillite and Lampent, they really didn't contribute much. But Tranquill helped for Ash's Pidove evolving, and Frillish... well Frillish is a boss XD XD XD
    I wouldn't mind a team replacement either, except for those two you listed since they actually got development, but I'd rather see Trip's Unfezant (in a battle with Ash's) and Trip having a Jellicent in a battle. Just like a cameo maybe, so we know it was actually used and not ditched

  24. #1049
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Basement, York
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    I agree on that about Vanillite and Lampent, they really didn't contribute much. But Tranquill helped for Ash's Pidove evolving, and Frillish... well Frillish is a boss XD XD XD
    I wouldn't mind a team replacement either, except for those two you listed since they actually got development, but I'd rather see Trip's Unfezant (in a battle with Ash's) and Trip having a Jellicent in a battle. Just like a cameo maybe, so we know it was actually used and not ditched
    That would be cool, I want to see more of his Frillish/Lampent personally, (although Serperior is still my fave of his.)

  25. #1050
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    I agree on that about Vanillite and Lampent, they really didn't contribute much. But Tranquill helped for Ash's Pidove evolving, and Frillish... well Frillish is a boss XD XD XD
    I wouldn't mind a team replacement either, except for those two you listed since they actually got development, but I'd rather see Trip's Unfezant (in a battle with Ash's) and Trip having a Jellicent in a battle. Just like a cameo maybe, so we know it was actually used and not ditched
    I'd like to see Tranquil and Frillish return too, especially since they had major roles in Ash and Trip's five on five battle. The likes of Vannilite and Lampent are forgetable, so I can see them being replaced for other unova pokemon whom have yet to debut like Eelektrik or even non unova pokemon.

    Then again, Trip could just pull a Paul at the league and use an entire team aside from Serperior of pokemon we've never seen before. He'd need a good explanation though for a beginning trainer... All in all, Trip is pretty much screwed with his pokemon's development since we haven't seen him in a long time until this tournament.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!


    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

Page 42 of 694 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •