Page 449 of 694 FirstFirst ... 349399439445446447448449450451452453459499549 ... LastLast
Results 11,201 to 11,225 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

So since Krookodile, Plapitoad, and Leavanny just learned one move each, for the rest, let's see.

I suspect...
    1'st choice / 2nd choice if first doesn't happen

Pikachu | Nothing.
    Unfezant | Heat Wave / Hyper Beam
    Oshawott | Nothing / Ice Beam
    Pignite | Brick Break *basically confirmed*
    Snivy | Nothing / (Aqua/Iron) Tail
    Scraggy | Nothing.
    Boldore | Smack Down / Double Team

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    So since Krookodile, Plapitoad, and Leavanny just learned one move each, for the rest, let's see.

I suspect...

Pikachu | Nothing.
    Scraggy | Nothing.
    Some of these seem kind of ridiculous, especially Unfezant's. Maybe it can learn Tailwind or Sky Attack or something? Also, I don't think Snivy would learn Iron Tail because Pikachu already knows it, and Aqua Tail seems a bit Farfetch'd for a Grass type. How about Leaf Blade or Leaf Storm? Boldore learning Smack Down sounds good, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post

I suspect...

Pikachu | Nothing.
    Scraggy | Nothing.
    I don't think Unfezant will use a new attack. It will probably lose quickly before it will be able to use all of its current moves. As for Snivy, I don't see it using new moves as well because none of those moves will help it or give it an advantage. I don't think Boldore will use a new move as well since it has a really good moveset right now and Double Team will just take the place of a better move.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong

Quote Originally Posted by IcySealeo View Post
    I don't think Unfezant will use a new attack.
    Except that it's pretty much confirmed that it has a new move.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

I can see it being roost and then when the bird lands to roost Riolu jumps on.

oops.

I'm surprised that some people are still hoping that Unfezant learns Heat Wave. I mean really? Doesn't that move seem a little unorthodox for this anime? It just seems like something that Unfezant would only have in the games. The writers just don't see the point in giving Pokemon dynamic movesets unless they belong to the rival characters. Ash's Pokemon are destined to a life of mediocrity apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnoh_Schemer View Post
    I dont post here often but since this thread has turned into a twitter/tumblr for Pokemon products instead of focusing on the anime I guess it wont hurt to post some new products that I saw. Does anyone like Pokemon Battrio? Well some new coins have been released showcasing everyones favorite otter. I thought some of us would get a kick out of this:

Spoiler:- Battrio:
    I used to hate Pokemon Battrio since it seemed so pointless, but I like these pucks. I'm assuming those are all from the same set? If so then it just shows that the king continues to slay the lessors. I mean, who else could have so much merchandise out? Only Pikachu from what I can tell. Anyway, I'd love to see the other Battrio pucks if there are any new ones; they look so cute and I just want to buy a whole bunch of them (*regrets not living in Japan*).

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I can see it being roost and then when the bird lands to roost Riolu jumps on.

oops.
    There we go xD

Unfezent roosting to recover damage while Riolu lands a super-effective move on the bird. Legit win.

Edit for typo.
    Last edited by ludiloco; 15th December 2012 at 3:33 AM.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Since every traveling companion (other than Max for obvious reasons) has had an egg at one point, I would like to see Cilan get one (Iris can get one later on). With this, I would like to see him nurture the egg and everything really nicely- until it hatches. When it hatches, it's a Purrloin! Cilan refuses to train it, and it runs off into a nearby forest. Iris goes on a rant and convinces him to look for it. Cilan finds it with the help of Pansage. It's by a lake, and Cilan ends up liking it. Consequently, Cilan catches it.

This would also be interesting since I don't think we've ever seen a trainer deny a Pokemon that's hatched before.

Quote Originally Posted by chris300 View Post
    Are you high? No WAY are some of those evs gonna happen, why would Bayleef or Corphish evolve? Or Totodile or Torkoal... I can't even... what is this... I give up.
    Why would Corphish evolve? easy. he was incredibly strong back in Hoenn. He should have evolved. I think that he might pull off a Kingler in the N season. and I think they will advertise for gen 3 if they are making a remake for it.
    As for Bayleaf, do you remember the episode where Sceptile fell in love with a Maganium? I think that the writers might pull off some kind of romance between them. and then Sceptile would get injured trying to protect her and she will evolve beat whatever it was that hurt Sceptile and use Aroma therapy to heal him. maybe all that will happen during a huge grass tournament in the N season Erika and Gardenia the gym leaders might actually make a cameo there. and James might get Cacnea back after the tournament.
    Torkoal is the Pokemon that desperately needed an evolution back in the Hoenn region. I think that he might get one in generation 6. so they might evolve ash's Torkoal to advertise for that generation.
    as for Totodile, having been very marketable in the Johto region prevented it from evolving, he was strong and very funny. and the writers might just want to see the faces of the children laughing when the pull off a dancing Croconaw, or even better! a dancing Feraligator. I really see no reason why he shouldn't evolve. I think he might pull off a Quilava.

Quote Originally Posted by stanleysmith View Post
    Since every traveling companion (other than Max for obvious reasons) has had an egg at one point, I would like to see Cilan get one (Iris can get one later on). With this, I would like to see him nurture the egg and everything really nicely- until it hatches. When it hatches, it's a Purrloin! Cilan refuses to train it, and it runs off into a nearby forest. Iris goes on a rant and convinces him to look for it. Cilan finds it with the help of Pansage. It's by a lake, and Cilan ends up liking it. Consequently, Cilan catches it.

This would also be interesting since I don't think we've ever seen a trainer deny a Pokemon that's hatched before.
    I think it might be a little late for someone to get an Egg.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    why is it? we have no idea how much longer BW wishes will go on for. there could easily be enough time for someone to get an egg

Except that it's pretty much confirmed that it has a new move.
    Alright! I didn't know that and that makes me happy. But I hope the writers make Unfezant's new move look good because we already know that Unfezant will lose to Riolu, so I except the new move to land some damage (if it is a damaging move). Heat Wave seems now like reasonable choice since it has an advantage over Riolu.

Edit: Forgot that Riolu isn't a steel-type.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong

We still have an entire Episode N arc. Who knows what after that? There's plenty of time. What did you think about the concept itself?

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    why is it? we have no idea how much longer BW wishes will go on for. there could easily be enough time for someone to get an egg
    This,.

Alright! I didn't know that and that makes me happy. But I hope the writers make Unfezant's new move look good because we already know that Unfezant will lose to Riolu, so I except the new move to land some damage (if it is a damaging move). Heat Wave seems now like reasonable choice since it has an advantage over Riolu.

Edit: Forgot that Riolu isn't a steel-type.
    Yeah, Riolu isn't a Steel-type. Heat Wave and Steel Wing are what I want. One of them, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    Episode N is probably the end of BW, though. And that's like, what, 20 episodes or something? Unless I'm wrong about how long Episode N will last, there's probably not much time left.

Heat Wave and Steel Wing are what I want. One of them, at least.
    I can see Steel Wing happening. Besides something like Steel Wing, Heat Wave, or Tailwind for Unfezant, the only other Pokemon I can see learning a new move is Oshawott. I can see him getting Fury Cutter or Ice Beam. Besides that, I think everything's pretty well set.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    I can see Steel Wing happening. Besides something like Steel Wing, Heat Wave, or Tailwind for Unfezant, the only other Pokemon I can see learning a new move is Oshawott. I can see him getting Fury Cutter or Ice Beam. Besides that, I think everything's pretty well set.
    Steel Wing does seem more likely than Heat Wave. Oshawott needs Ice Beam, imo. It makes sense since it got Hydro Pump when Piplup did, and Piplup knew Ice Beam. Other than that, I'm fine with their movesets (I am so happy about X-Scissor and Sludge Wave on Leavanny and Palpitoad).

Episode N is probably the end of BW, though. And that's like, what, 20 episodes or something? Unless I'm wrong about how long Episode N will last, there's probably not much time left.
    We have no idea how long episode N will last. Assuming a new saga starts in September (if new games come our next year) there's 30-37 eps ( depending how many breaks). that's pleanty of time for a character to get and hatch an egg.

Well episode N is probably going to last at the bare minimum until July for the Genesect movie. I think it was July.. xD
    And the Otter isn't evolving till then either :P
    He was shown somewhere wasn't he..?
    But Snivy was missing.. 0_o
    3DS Friend Code: 0473-8153-4660 (Fairy safari)
    I'll fix my sig eventually....
    Emerald Nuzlocke Team: Fire Red Randomizer Nuzlocke Team:
    Black 2 team:Y Team:
    Predictions for Ash's team:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by shelldude400 View Post
    Well episode N is probably going to last at the bare minimum until July for the Genesect movie. I think it was July.. xD
    And the Otter isn't evolving till then either :P
    He was shown somewhere wasn't he..?
    But Snivy was missing.. 0_o
    Yes he is in the Eevee short poster as is Axew I believe, Snivy is missing yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Yes he is in the Eevee short poster as is Axew I believe, Snivy is missing yeah.
    We can't really trust shorts, can we? Aren't Chikorita and Pokemon like that shown in the shorts even after they've evolved?

We can't really trust shorts, can we? Aren't Chikorita and Pokemon like that shown in the shorts even after they've evolved?
    That wasn't Satoshi Chikorita that was in the short though, the Oshawott in the short is being the usual goofy Satoshi Oshawott from that picture.

Anyone who wants a water pokemon to evolve should be hoping for something else at this point, really no point in debating Oshawott anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    That wasn't Satoshi Chikorita that was in the short though, the Oshawott in the short is being the usual goofy Satoshi Oshawott from that picture.

Anyone who wants a water pokemon to evolve should be hoping for something else at this point, really no point in debating Oshawott anymore.
    Nevermind, then. I thought they always used the unevolved forms even after they evolve. (I never watch shorts...)

Some of these seem kind of ridiculous, especially Unfezant's. Maybe it can learn Tailwind or Sky Attack or something? Also, I don't think Snivy would learn Iron Tail because Pikachu already knows it, and Aqua Tail seems a bit Farfetch'd for a Grass type. How about Leaf Blade or Leaf Storm? Boldore learning Smack Down sounds good, though.
    Well yeah Sky Attack is also possible but that Iron Tail about Pikachu already having it is kind of dumb as Pikachu and Unfezant have Quick ATtack. Krookodile and Unfezant have Aerial Ace.
    SO Unfezant doesn't really have anything unique about her except for Air Cutter and Gust and that's sad.

I don't think Unfezant will use a new attack. It will probably lose quickly before it will be able to use all of its current moves. As for Snivy, I don't see it using new moves as well because none of those moves will help it or give it an advantage. I don't think Boldore will use a new move as well since it has a really good moveset right now and Double Team will just take the place of a better move.
    I'm sure peopel have corrected you on that Unfezant is confirmed to have a new move. Boldore's Sandstorm hasn't really done much at all so that can be replaced. Krookodile got Aerial Ace even though it had an even better moveset than Boldore. How unfair would it be to Boldore is every non-starter (except Scraggy) got one new move except him?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I'm surprised that some people are still hoping that Unfezant learns Heat Wave. I mean really? Doesn't that move seem a little unorthodox for this anime? It just seems like something that Unfezant would only have in the games. The writers just don't see the point in giving Pokemon dynamic movesets unless they belong to the rival characters. Ash's Pokemon are destined to a life of mediocrity apparently.
    It's not as unorthodox as seeing a flying Kookodile or them actually having Ash's Water/Ground type have a poison move.
    Only certain pokemon are destined for mediocity basically its the small ones, Oshawott, Snivy, and Scraggy.

Meh, Snivy always get's the short end of the stick so it's not shocking lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Meh, Snivy always get's the short end of the stick so it's not shocking lol.
    No it didn't. the whole purpose of BW2-14 was to make sure snivy looked good at the expense of Ash, Pikachu, Pansage, Cilan, and those rich girls.

Page 449 of 694 FirstFirst ... 349399439445446447448449450451452453459499549 ... LastLast