Page 453 of 694 FirstFirst ... 353403443449450451452453454455456457463503553 ... LastLast
Results 11,301 to 11,325 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    It doesn't make sense that birds can just spit fire, thats probably what he meant by it.
    You know she could just flap her wings to make Heat Waves right?
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Rovian View Post
    It seems the grass starter is a part of his team formula, just like Pikachu, and a normal/flying bird. How would you feel if Ash's next water pokemon had no other evolution stages (like Quilfish or Corsola) or was caught already in its final stage?
    How do u know he must get a grass starter?

Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    In Johto: He got Noctowl While he could have got Skarmory
    In Hoenn: He got Swellow While he could have got Altaria This coming from a hardcore Swellow fan means something
    In Sinnoh: He got Staraptor This one was fine cause not many people like Honchkrow and he got Gliscor too.
    In Unova: He got Unfezant While he could have got Sigilyph Braviary would have pointless after coming from Staraptor just like you said.

Didn't mentioned Kanto because that was the original not the follow up. I hope they change this tradition next gen. Or we can hope that GF will drop regional bird just like they dropped early route HM slave this time.
    I agree with you except on the choices of Flying types Ash could have gotten in Unova.

I think that Archeops would have been better for Ash than either Sigilyph or Braviary. Thats because Sigilyph's design in odd (not in a bad way though), and the animators would have had problems making it show facial expressions.

Braviary would have been a dull choice like you said because it is too similar to Staraptor in terms of fighting style, though it does has moves like Rock Slide, Rock Tomb and Shadow Claw which makes it different from Staraptor, but i doubt the writers/animators would have given it those moves if they had made Ash catch Braviary.

Archeops would have been a good choice, because it would have given Ash his first fossil pokemon, his 2nd overall Rock type. Also its movepool is quite good and have many choices (can use 8 types of moves [without considering tutor moves] which are usable without any problem in the anime) and is quite powerful and at the same time can become quite weak as well if its ability is used in the anime.

An Archeops with the following move choices would have been good for Ash (anime-wise),

- Quick Attack
    - Wing Attack/Aerial Ace
    - Ancientpower/Head Smash
    - Dragonbreath/Dragon Pulse/Focus Blast
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 15th December 2012 at 8:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Quick Attack is pretty much a staple move in the anime, so seeing it show up in multiple Pokemon's movesets isn't surprising.
    I know but with Krookodile also having Aerial Ace, she has nothing to set her apart.

That doesn't mean you have to go crazy with giving it completely random moves, though. Heat Wave makes absolutely no sense on Unfezant.
    Deals super effective damage on Ice and Steel types. If they had Krookodile learn Aerial Ace just to deal with Sawk, they could have given her Heat Wave to deal with Ferrothorn, a pokemon Ash knows Kotetsu uses. I'm not saying it will happen, but I would love it if it does.

Poison is almost like a third type for the Seismitoad line, it can learn several Poison type moves, and Seismitoad has Poison Touch as one of its abilities. Also Poison is a great counter for its only weakness.
    I don't even know why you quoted me there when it was a response to Ciccone. Especially since her arguement was that they don't give Ash's pokemon smart movesets.

It doesn't make sense that birds can just spit fire, thats probably what he meant by it.
    Flap her wings. Japanese name is Hot Wind. Just have it replace Gust. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xragon View Post
    How do u know he must get a grass starter?
    Because he's got all 5 introduced thus far... what hard to understand about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    I think that Archeops would have been better for Ash than either Sigilyph or Braviary. Thats because Sigilyph's design in odd (not in a bad way though), and the animators would have had problems making it show facial expressions.
    To be honest, that didn't stop them from giving Ash a Roggenrola/Boldore
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I know but with Krookodile also having Aerial Ace, she has nothing to set her apart.
    Well Aerial Ace doesn't really sets her apart, does it. I mean Swellow, Staraptor, Quilava and now Krookodile knows that move.

I think a moveset with the following moves would set Unfezant apart from the others to some extent,

- Air Cutter/Razor Wind
    - Sky Attack (removing this move from Noctowl's moveset is important)
    - Giga Impact
    - Steel Wing

Flap her wings. Japanese name is Hot Wind. Just have it replace Gust. Simple as that.
    Heat Wave could work for Unfezant and make it really unique, but i doubt that the writers would give it a Tutor move.
    I feel that the chances of getting an Egg Move is higher than a Tutor move because Egg Moves almost stay the same from one gen to another, but Tutor moves changes a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    To be honest, that didn't stop them from giving Ash a Roggenrola/Boldore
    Oops, that right. I completely forgot about Roggenrola/Boldore.

Well, Pignite did learn Fire Pledge which is a Tutor move. Even though that is like a signature move for Starter Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Well, Pignite did learn Fire Pledge which is a Tutor move. Even though that is like a signature move for Starter Pokemon.
    Yes it is a Tutor move, but its still different than other Tutor moves because Fire Pledge is a move which is never going to be dropped from the movepool of Pignite in any of the future gens as it is an Exclusive Fire Starter move just like Blast Burn and there is always going to be a Tutor present in the future games who would teach that move to the Fire Starter. Its not like Air Cutter which was a Tutor Move in the 4th gen but now in the 5th gen it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    ^ PLEASE PLEASE LET ARCHEOPS HAPPEN, I will love this anime more than ever if it comes.
    I want Arcehops too but i'd rather Flygon becomes a team member

Thank you. I'm all for unique moves, but it has to be something that makes sense for that species. Giving a generic bird the ability to summon fire or a bulky crocodile a move like Aerial Ace is just plain nonsensical.

Well they shouldn't have given Krookodile Aerial Ace.

Deals super effective damage on Ice and Steel types. If they had Krookodile learn Aerial Ace just to deal with Sawk, they could have given her Heat Wave to deal with Ferrothorn, a pokemon Ash knows Kotetsu uses. I'm not saying it will happen, but I would love it if it does.
    Okay, so let me get this straight. They taught Krookodile a completely random move just so it could defeat a particular Pokemon in one battle? Are these writers high or something? That's a completely ******** reason for it to learn it. Besides, since when does Ash care about type advantages, he's used completely inappropriate Pokemon before and still won.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Yes it is a Tutor move, but its still different than other Tutor moves because Fire Pledge is a move which is never going to be dropped from the movepool of Pignite in any of the future gens as it is an Exclusive Fire Starter move just like Blast Burn and there is always going to be a Tutor present in the future games who would teach that move to the Fire Starter. Its not like Air Cutter which was a Tutor Move in the 4th gen but now in the 5th gen it isn't.
    Tutor moves aren't a porblem for them to learn. Buizel has Ice Punch.

Using you're logic then Unfezant has no problem learning Heat Wave. It's been one since last gen.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...#By_Move_Tutor

Okay, so let me get this straight. They taught Krookodile a completely random move just so it could defeat a particular Pokemon in one battle? Are these writers high or something? That's a completely ******** reason for it to learn it. Besides, since when does Ash care about type advantages, he's used completely inappropriate Pokemon before and still won.
    You ignored over half the posts explaining that...
    Yes they taught him a random move to do it...But gosh, ash taught it to Krokodile in order to counter Sawk if Krokodile had to face it.
    He's always cared about it when they feel like it. It depends upon the situation. The literal tagline of this match was "Ash and Stephan, they have fought and seen each other fight many times, and choose moves to counter the other's battling style and pokemon." So ash choose to do that...because it makes the battle easier. And more cool when see a surprise like that. The theme of the anime is that unevolved pokemon and disatvantaged types can win...Yet that doesn't mean it always has to go that way. ._.

SO MANY POKEMON can learn Aerial ace ANYWAY.

Heat wave is created by birds flapping their wings...And I can explain my reasoning for it, but I'd rather not because its a long explanation. >_>
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Does it make less sense than anything else?

I can't remember the last time my snake winked and infatuated someone.. or the last time I fed it an electrical mouse.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    You ignored over half the posts explaining that...
    Yes they taught him a random move to do it...But gosh, ash taught it to Krokodile in order to counter Sawk if Krokodile had to face it.
    He's always cared about it when they feel like it. It depends upon the situation. The literal tagline of this match was "Ash and Stephan, they have fought and seen each other fight many times, and choose moves to counter the other's battling style and pokemon." So ash choose to do that...because it makes the battle easier. And more cool when see a surprise like that. The theme of the anime is that unevolved pokemon and disatvantaged types can win...Yet that doesn't mean it always has to go that way. ._.
    That was completely unnecessary and nonsensical, though. They could've made Krookodile win some other way.

Heat wave is created by birds flapping their wings...And I can explain my reasoning for it, but I'd rather not because its a long explanation. >_>
    Right, because birds with zero connection to the element of fire being able to have a significant effect on the air temperature makes total sense.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I have to say that Move Tutor moves are more likely than Egg Moves so I don't see Steel Wing for her happening. Usually pokemon have Egg Moves when they debut or before they use 4 moves. The last time Ash's pokemon have learned an Egg Move was Pikachu's Volt Tackle.

That was completely unnecessary and nonsensical, though. They could've made Krookodile win some other way.

Right, because birds with zero connection to the element of fire being able to have a significant effect on the air temperature makes total sense.
    It makes perfect sense to me. Aerial Ace is a flying move...when Sawk is a fighting type. let me check his movepool...
    Nope, Only has aerial ace as a flying type move, and no other moves that a super effective. Why come up with a hugely elaborate idea when you can just teach the pokemon a move that would be super effective? ._.

Tell that to game developers. Most birds can learn it through move tutor.

In anycase, simply put, my theory is that they use moves based on energy. And over the years, learn to manipulate the energy into...unique moves. If it's the same type as them, then they have alot easiyer time learning it and make it stronger. This also explains Power points, because they can only draw so much energy for one move until they heal themselves.

Thats the base of it. Since most of the birds have can seem to learn heat wave, I think Humans helped them learn how to control the the heat in the air using that energy.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Does it make less sense than anything else?

I can't remember the last time my snake winked and infatuated someone.. or the last time I fed it an electrical mouse.
    Yes, it does. Pokemon may not follow real world logic, but that doesn't mean its completely illogical. It still doesn't make sense for a Pokemon to learn Heat Wave if they have no control over fire or heat. It still doesn't make sense for bulky land based Pokemon to be nimble enough to learn Aerial Ace.

Why come up with a hugely elaborate idea when you can just teach the pokemon a move that would be super effective?
    Because it's more interesting that way and doesn't threaten my suspension of disbelief.

In anycase, simply put, my theory is that they use moves based on energy. And over the years, learn to manipulate the energy into...unique moves. If it's the same type as them, then they have alot easiyer time learning it and make it stronger. This also explains Power points, because they can only draw so much energy for one move until they heal themselves.

Thats the base of it. Since most of the birds have can seem to learn heat wave, I think Humans helped them learn how to control the the heat in the air using that energy.
    I get that. What I'm saying is that it makes zero sense for a bird Pokemon with no connection to the Fire type to be able to significantly affect the air temperature enough to pull off Heat Wave.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 15th December 2012 at 10:12 PM.

I just thought they flapped their wings hard or fast enough, it would create hot wind? :/

Yes, it does. Pokemon may not follow real world logic, but that doesn't mean its completely illogical. It still doesn't make sense for a Pokemon to learn Heat Wave if they have no control over fire or heat. It still doesn't make sense for bulky land based Pokemon to be nimble enough to learn Aerial Ace.

Because it's more interesting that way and doesn't threaten my suspension of disbelief.

I get that. What I'm saying is that it makes zero sense for a bird Pokemon with no connection to the Fire type to be able to significantly affect the air temperature enough to pull off Heat Wave.
    I think you are forgetting that Heat Wave in Japan is called Hot Wind. Wind... as in air. which flying types have an affinity too.

"Many Flying-type Pokémon can learn Heat Wave by Move Tutor, due to Heat Wave's Japanese name being Hot Wind."

I think you are forgetting that Heat Wave in Japan is called Hot Wind. Wind... as in air. which flying types have an affinity too.

"Many Flying-type Pokémon can learn Heat Wave by Move Tutor, due to Heat Wave's Japanese name being Hot Wind."
    Yes, yes, yes, you guys have said that a thousand times. That still doesn't make it any more logical. Because they have no connection to Fire, it still makes no sense for them to be able to heat up the air like that.

Yes, yes, yes, you guys have said that a thousand times. That still doesn't make it any more logical. Because they have no connection to Fire, it still makes no sense for them to be able to heat up the air like that.
    I'm sorry but if stuff like that bothers you then I don't know what you are doing in Pokemon.

How does that break your suspension of disbelief...? I'm just asking. ._.
    Remember that they would of had to do an elaborate idea if leveany didn't do most of the work against sawk. By the time Krokodile got out there...Sawk had taken quite alot of damage...And then aerial Ace finished him off. The elaborate fighting was done by leveany. That match was great.

...once agian, most can learn that.

Pikachu can learn grass Knot. It just magical sends a signal to the grass to create a knot to trip on, despite not being related to grass types at all. There are A LOT of moves that are like that...
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Birds, like any warm blooded animal, create heat within and expel it from their bodies.. Now with a bit of creativity in a gaming/anime universe, using that heat and turning it into attack power (ie. a Heat Wave from the flapping of a warm animal's warm wings) makes no less sense than anything else we see within the Pokemon world.

Anyway, things aren't logical in a world where creatures have magical powers.. Why would you even try to apply such a thing to something like this? It's insanity..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

It appears Bolt thinks Pokemon should only learn moves of their type cuz it's logical.
    Well I bet he loves Oshawott and Snivy then.
    3DS Friend Code: 0473-8153-4660 (Fairy safari)
    I'll fix my sig eventually....
    Emerald Nuzlocke Team: Fire Red Randomizer Nuzlocke Team:
    Black 2 team:Y Team:
    Predictions for Ash's team:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Yet it's perfectly logical that Gliscor knew Fire Fang?

Page 453 of 694 FirstFirst ... 353403443449450451452453454455456457463503553 ... LastLast