Page 470 of 694 FirstFirst ... 370420460466467468469470471472473474480520570 ... LastLast
Results 11,726 to 11,750 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

  1. #11726
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia.
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Be lucky Cilan has an electric type....
    The fisk doesn't appear much as Cilan's pokemon don't appear much and it being part electric lowers it's chances due to Pika.
    Emolga doesn't appear all too often either,but Iris' pokemon seem to show up more anyway.
    3DS Friend Code: 0473-8153-4660 (Fairy safari)
    I'll fix my sig eventually....
    Emerald Nuzlocke Team: Fire Red Randomizer Nuzlocke Team:
    Black 2 team:Y Team:
    Predictions for Ash's team:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

  2. #11727
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    1,448

    Default

    Stunfisk has:
    - Thundershock
    - Mud Bomb/Shot
    - Scald
    And ... what else?

  3. #11728
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    Stunfisk has:
    - Thundershock
    - Mud Bomb/Shot
    - Scald
    And ... what else?
    It's thundershock, mud bomb, scald and sludge bomb
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

  4. #11729
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    1,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    It's thundershock, mud bomb, scald and sludge bomb
    Upgrade Thundershock to anything electric and it will be ready to go, Cilan´s Pokémon has the best movesets.

    Thanks XD.

  5. #11730
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    Upgrade Thundershock to anything electric and it will be ready to go, Cilan´s Pokémon has the best movesets.

    Thanks XD.
    I always wanted to see it with thunder
    - Mud Bomb
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Thunder
    - Scald.

    perfection

  6. #11731
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyPokemon inc. View Post
    Why do people hate stunfisk I thought it was pretty good
    It's highly popular in Japan, the place that actually matters..

  7. #11732
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    It's highly popular in Japan, the place that actually matters..
    Highly popular? please choose your words more carefully. Piplup and Oshawott are examples of highly popular, not stunfisk.

  8. #11733
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Highly popular? please choose your words more carefully. Piplup and Oshawott are examples of highly popular, not stunfisk.
    oshawott & Piplup are incredibly popular. Highly popular is a decent term for the popularity of the stunfisk species

  9. #11734
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At south of Kalos.
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Highly popular? please choose your words more carefully. Piplup and Oshawott are examples of highly popular, not stunfisk.
    Piplup isn't popular. He isn't popular because Piplup stole screentime from Dawn's pokemon later in DP. And because isn't popular because he has a annoying voice.

    In reality, Piplup was EXTREMELY POPULAR. During the Depression arc Dawn started to put Dawn on her arms instead of on a Pokeball. The real reason is that the writers want to clearly expand the marketability of Piplup to a maximum making a walking pokemon like the most marketable pokemon, Pikachu.

    Because of Piplup's exit, the writers give to Axew the Piplup role. But with the starters big merch at the start of BW Oshawott takes Axew spot. But because Ash has a walking pokemon, Oshawott can't be a walking pokemon. Axew is popular, but not that popular for a walking pokemon like Piplup (that gets merchandise even after Dawn leaves in B2W2) and Togepi (that was really popular, specially around late-Kanto and OI)

    About Stunfisk; Stunfisk is very popular... for being one pokemon that appears. It's difficult to use in-game, appears late, it's rare, doesn't appear in the pre-release promotion, any boss doesn't have one, etc.
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 25th December 2012 at 7:12 PM.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm


    Serebii, Bulbagarden

    Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

    I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.


  10. #11735
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Highly popular? please choose your words more carefully. Piplup and Oshawott are examples of highly popular, not stunfisk.
    Or what lol? You're gonna have a fit? Anyway Stunfisk is still very popular over there though. It has a lot of merchandise in the Pokémon Centre Stores for example. I wish I had that Stunfisk Iphone case, that Stunfisk pillow and those Stunfisk Slippers lol

  11. #11736
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    oshawott & Piplup are incredibly popular. Highly popular is a decent term for the popularity of the stunfisk species
    If Stunfisk is so popular, how come he never gets screentime? It's really strange. If they actually showcased him properly in the anime, his popularity could become greater.

  12. #11737
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    If Stunfisk is so popular, how come he never gets screentime? It's really strange. If they actually showcased him properly in the anime, his popularity could become greater.
    Yeah he was in the same boar as Piplup who got too little screentime. He deserves to be in Togepi, Pikachu, Kibago, Tsutarja and Moneymaru's I show up way too often club.
    Last edited by LizardonX; 25th December 2012 at 7:24 PM.

  13. #11738
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    (that gets merchandise even after Dawn leaves in B2W2) and Togepi (that was really popular, specially around late-Kanto and OI)
    That means nothing, many Pokemon get merchandise whether or not they're in the show. To this day Charizard, Chikorita, Buizel, and Togepi for examples are still getting merch.

    About Stunfisk; Stunfisk is very popular... for being one pokemon that appears. It's difficult to use in-game, appears late, it's rare, doesn't appear in the pre-release promotion, any boss doesn't have one, etc.
    1.It's not difficult to use in-game if you use it right.
    2.Appearing late has no barring on the popularity of a Pokemon, Hydreigon is popular according to 2011 poll by Nintendo Dream and debuted all the way in BW2 in the anime, this debut was simply a cameo. Hydreigon is one of the highest level evolved forms.
    3.Stunfisk isn't rare and even then rarity doesn't have an effect on the popularity of a Pokemon, Buizel is easy to find in-game as are Scraggy.
    4.No boss having one /=/ popularity. While I agree Elesa did make Emolga more popular as well as the Striaton Trio and their monkeys and Drayden and his Haxorus, it ends there for the most part.
    5.Prelease promotion has zero effect either on popularity, take a look at Scraggy and Axew missing from the Episode N poster.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 25th December 2012 at 7:33 PM.

  14. #11739
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Highly popular? please choose your words more carefully. Piplup and Oshawott are examples of highly popular, not stunfisk.
    My wording was perfect, thankyou very much. Stunfisk has become a highly popular Pokemon ever since being caught by Cilan.. Piplup and Oshawott are examples of incredibly popular marketing tools.

    Basically, Oshawott and Piplup were forced into popularity via plushies, etc.. Stunfisk became popular off its own back, purely from anime appearances.

  15. #11740
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Basically, Oshawott and Piplup were forced into popularity via plushies, etc.. Stunfisk became popular off its own back, purely from anime appearances.
    Actually, while I have grown to care for the Stunfisk species since Cilan caught one, that's a pretty imo inaccurate analysis of Stunfisk's popularity. Piplup and Croagunk fit that bill much better than Stunfisk, both Pokemon weren't anything overly shown or used at all at the beginning of the respective DP saga. However by the end of it they had most certainly obtained mascot status, this is especially true for Croagunk who wasn't a traditionally cute or highly-focused Pokemon in the same vain as Pikachu or a starter. Stunfisk does have quite a bit of merchandise in Japan but so do many others. In fact iirc there are days/weeks dedicated to different Pokemon in Pokemon Centers in Japan, one of these dedication days was for Stunfisk. In terms of its popularity I'd say it would be more on the level of Misty's Politoed or Brock's Sudowoodo than something like Piplup, Oshawott, Axew, Emolga, Eevee, or Scraggy. The last sentence was mostly my opinion though XP

  16. #11741
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,158

    Default

    I think you misunderstand what I'm saying.. I'm not trying to put Stunfisk on the same level of popularity as any others, but what i am saying is that its a highly popular Pokemon from within the group.

    It's strange, because you wouldn't expect such a bland looking Pokemon to reach high popularity at all, but there must be something because the little Japanese kiddies go crazy for it..

  17. #11742
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia.
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I think you misunderstand what I'm saying.. I'm not trying to put Stunfisk on the same level of popularity as any others, but what i am saying is that its a highly popular Pokemon from within the group.

    It's strange, because you wouldn't expect such a bland looking Pokemon to reach high popularity at all, but there must be something because the little Japanese kiddies go crazy for it..
    It's Derp face..?
    That's the reason I like it xD
    3DS Friend Code: 0473-8153-4660 (Fairy safari)
    I'll fix my sig eventually....
    Emerald Nuzlocke Team: Fire Red Randomizer Nuzlocke Team:
    Black 2 team:Y Team:
    Predictions for Ash's team:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

  18. #11743
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,496

    Default

    Stunny is popular cuz he is a derp lol.Plus he can fly so he's an automatic bad ***.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  19. #11744
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Iris can get Deino...don't know how that's far fetched. And I like the idea of Birch giving each Cilan and Iris a starter from Hoenn, but that's just wishful thinking.
    I think it's possible, beacause R&S remakes are coming in 2013 (probably september/november)

  20. #11745
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bennicher98 View Post
    I think it's possible, beacause R&S remakes are coming in 2013 (probably september/november)
    I would love R/s remakes but it's highly unlikely we'll see them next year. We're going to get Gen IV then maybe R/S remakes.

    Soon I'll have you, after years and years XD

  21. #11746
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bennicher98 View Post
    I think it's possible, beacause R&S remakes are coming in 2013 (probably september/november)
    and you know this how exactly?

  22. #11747
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HRRlion View Post
    I would love R/s remakes but it's highly unlikely we'll see them next year. We're going to get Gen IV then maybe R/S remakes.
    ???

    You say we're having D/P remakes before R/S?
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

    [CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

  23. #11748
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Evergrand City
    Posts
    4,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    and you know this how exactly?
    Exactly!!... Lets not forget how the first hint of GS remakes were in the 3rd Sinnoh Movie (Arceus) where we saw the Johto Starters,,, the same may happen in the 3rd Black White Movie (Genesect) if they follow this pattern...

    Coming back to topic... Sadly I can't imagine Cilan getting another Pokemon... I actually really hope it does, but the 3rd Companion (Comparing with Brock) always seemed to have no more than 3 Pokemon (although I think there was a time agesss ago where he had 4)... I honestly can't think of a good and suitable Unova Pokemon to match Cilan... But then again not in a million would I have imagined Cilan with a Crustle nor Stunfisk so I guess anything could work as long as its portrayed right...

    For Cilan I could imagine these Pokemon...;

    From the Kanto Dex: Vileplume
    From the Johto Dex: Slugma/Magcargo (Derp)
    From the Hoenn Dex: Torchic, Pelipper, Ralts/Gardevoir, Masquerain
    From the Sinnoh Dex: Tangrowth, Drifblim, Froslass
    From the Unova Dex: Whimsicott, Maractus

    My top 3 Pokemon for Cilan are: Masquerain, Whimsicott and Maractus....

  24. #11749
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,061

    Default

    Still mad that Krookodile learned aerial ace. Do you think we'll ever see it again?
    The anime where Stunfisks fly and Meowths talk. Where Oshawotts pop out of pokeballs and tranquills use wing attack. What more could you ask for, Oshawott evolving?. THE ANIME !

    75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

    The crew - Shun the Greninja , Wing the Talonflame , Tank the Gogoat , Ragequit the Tyrantum , Joules the Heliolisk & Melody the Sylveon.

    Greninja all the way

  25. #11750
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,598

    Default

    I think so. It can be used for dodging moves as well. I don't think the writers will do what they did to Axew's Outrage to Krookodile's Aerial Ace.

Page 470 of 694 FirstFirst ... 370420460466467468469470471472473474480520570 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •