Page 525 of 694 FirstFirst ... 425475515521522523524525526527528529535575625 ... LastLast
Results 13,101 to 13,125 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Ash should really get Seismitoad since Oshawott isn't evolving.

Interestingly, Seismitoad is the same height as Krookodile.

Quote Originally Posted by thelord3 View Post
    Umm, let's see. for a start, by now ash will still have only five badges and dawn 3 ribbons. Pignite would probable have evolved into emboar in the ice gym. Ash would have never caught oshawott dawn would've. oshawott would have been a dewott by now. palbitoad would have been the main pokemon for ash and it would be a seismitoad by now. and many more things!
    Why would Dawn catch Oshawott when she has Piplup?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    Why would Dawn catch Oshawott when she has Piplup?
    Exactly. Two water types for Dawn was confirmed pointless when she traded away Buizel.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post

Fantastic piece of trivia, now he really need to evolve, they are also both ground types and badass ;O omg more reasons!!!

Exactly. Two water types for Dawn was confirmed pointless when she traded away Buizel.
    Not really, they wanted to give Satoshi Buizel and wanted to get rid of Ambipom from his team, so Hikari capturing him was plot device, she never got rid of it because of its typing but because he liked to battle more then contests.

If Dawn were a main character for the entire Best Wishes and not Iris, apart that we need Contest for her, the team would be like this:
    Ash: Pikachu, Oshawott, Pignite, Scrafty, Leavanny, Boldore, Palpitoad or Drillbur/Excadrill and Krookodile or Axew/Fraxure.
    Dawn: Piplup, Snivy, Emolga, Minccino, a potential powerhouse (Excadrill, Lilligant, Archeops, Galvantula, Mienshao).
    Cilan: Pansage, Crustle, Stunfisk.

If Dawn were around in Best Wishes, Oshawott has less reasons to evolve and more to share screentime with Piplup. With Piplup around, Oshawot will got more screentime and not for evolving.

Remember that the writers want to make the anime a source of Pokemon products and they will only evolve some for compendation.

And @Pepsi, I think that the Buizel/Aipom went like:
    Ash captured Aipom 10 episodes before the ending o AG. In that moment, I don't think that the idea was trading away Aipom. But Aipom has a special liking for Contests. Because the writers notice that keeping Aipom to Ash or long is going to be too much work,they decided a "strange" capture making Dawn capture other Water pokemon.

That Dawn could have 2 water pokemon while Ash has none was very strange, specially when Buizel was confirmed to like battles. What happened? That Dawn and Ash trade his pokemon to each other his pokemon. And with that, problem solved.

And why Ambipom was released: Because the writers want to give Dawn a Cyndaquil AND a Togekiss to promote HGSS and because it's very popular, respectively. The bad writing was because the writers "forgot" to give Dawn a place to deposit her pokemon because they probably knew that her won't be in BW. I think that Togekiss should have appeared via Cynthia.
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 26th January 2013 at 8:22 PM.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

Even although we are now in Unova, from time to time I like to check Pokemon's past and I have realized something. Probably I'm not the only one to realize this, but I just discovered that in "Pokemon" to predict the events from the future, you have to take a look to the past. What I mean is that Pokemon is always "repeating itself" when we talk about captures and/or evolutions, and I just realized it by making a few "hypothetical theories". Check this:

1ş) The whole Pokemon's world is based in its creator's (Satoshi Tajiri) childhood, when he used to go to the forest and "catch" several tiny animals as pets. And what kind of animals can a kid catch in Japan's forests? Well, there are beetles (Heracross and Pinsir), tiny crabs (Kingler and Corphish), small lizards (Charmander, Totodile, Treecko or Sandile), tiny birds (Pidgey, Taillow or Pidove)... etc. So, I think that we should keep in mind that, to make possible for Ash catching a Pokemon, it must be a Pokemon based on an animal easy to catch for a kid in a japanese forest.

2ş) Something that I definitely don't like about Pokemon is the creation of new evolutions/pre-evolutions and then they try to "link them" somehow. With this "modus operanti", all the animators are managing is creating new Pokemon that they are actually "copies" of the old ones. For example, if Ash's journey had finished after the Kanto's League, these are some of the Pokemon that he could very possibly have captured in Kanto:
    + Pinsir: Very similar to Heracross, and a perfect match against Gary because he captured a Scyther/Scizor. Pinsir would have been a good Pokemon for Ash.
    + Rhyhorn: Very similar physically to Donphan, similar types and abilities. Besides, in Kanto's censored episode in the Safari Zone, Ash was about to catch one. It was unfair to make him lost such an ideal Pokemon. One thing very possible, Rhyhorn would have been one of Ash's Pokemon against the idea of evolving.
    + Golem: Very similar to Roggenrola/Boldore and a perfect match against Gary's Nidoking. Actually, we have seen Gary's Nidoking battling several Golems and losing against some of them. Ash could have capture it as a Geodude, evolved it to Graveler and then, in a similar way to when he traded Butterfree for a Raticate, make it evolve to Golem.

3ş) Another fact to predict Ash's possible captures is to look for Pokemon which could match the abilities of the traditional Starter's Pokemon, so they could work as "replacements" in case Ash didn't get some of these Starters. Check these candidates of Kanto's possible Pokemon:
    - Bulbasaur: The only Kanto's Grass Pokemon who can match Bulbasaur's abilities and have similar attacks is Bellsprout/Weepinbell/Victreebell. But considering the bad reputation this Pokemon has because of James' old Pokemon, I'm not sure if it would be the better choice; on the other hand, I'm sure that any of Team Rocket's Pokemon would have had a better life with Ash. So maybe it could work after all.
    - Squirtle: Leaving Kingler outside as just a "reserve's Water Pokemon", the best Pokemon to match Squirtle's place is Ash's Kanto Team would be Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath. Not only a Water type, but also a Fighting type, and almost the same; it looks perfect to me. And considering Ash has captured a Palpitoad, which in many ways is similar to a Poliwhirl, I guess is another proof.
    - Charizard: Honestly, I don't think it would possible to replace Charizard is Ash's team. Ever since the beginning, I always suspected that Ash and Gary were destiny to battle in a battle of "Charizard vs Blastoise", just like in the promotional stuff of the first generation. Even if Ash would have gained a Venusaur (just like in the manga) and not a Charizard, it would be very hard to find an appropiated replacement. As a Fire type, the best option I found is Vulpix/Ninetales, without counting Brock's Pokemon. In my opinion, Magmar would have been way better for Ash, but since Magby didn't exist in the first generation and it could be weird in Blaine's Gym, maybe not. The best choice I found is a NOT Fire type, but a Dragon type: Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite. With his Dragon's look and power, it could match's Charizard; and it's also a pseudo-legendary Pokemon like Gible/Gabite/Garchomp. But the more I think of it, the more I'm convinced there's no options to replace Charizard.

I have more to comment, but this is getting very long, so I will wait to see some comments. Please, tell me some opinions about my suspictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieursa View Post
    Even although we are now in Unova, from time to time I like to check Pokemon's past and I have realized something. Probably I'm not the only one to realize this, but I just discovered that in "Pokemon" to predict the events from the future, you have to take a look to the past. What I mean is that Pokemon is always "repeating itself" when we talk about captures and/or evolutions, and I just realized it by making a few "hypothetical theories". Check this:

1ş) The whole Pokemon's world is based in its creator's (Satoshi Tajiri) childhood, when he used to go to the forest and "catch" several tiny animals as pets. And what kind of animals can a kid catch in Japan's forests? Well, there are beetles (Heracross and Pinsir), tiny crabs (Kingler and Corphish), small lizards (Charmander, Totodile, Treecko or Sandile), tiny birds (Pidgey, Taillow or Pidove)... etc. So, I think that we should keep in mind that, to make possible for Ash catching a Pokemon, it must be a Pokemon based on an animal easy to catch for a kid in a japanese forest.

2ş) Something that I definitely don't like about Pokemon is the creation of new evolutions/pre-evolutions and then they try to "link them" somehow. With this "modus operanti", all the animators are managing is creating new Pokemon that they are actually "copies" of the old ones. For example, if Ash's journey had finished after the Kanto's League, these are some of the Pokemon that he could very possibly have captured in Kanto:
    + Pinsir: Very similar to Heracross, and a perfect match against Gary because he captured a Scyther/Scizor. Pinsir would have been a good Pokemon for Ash.
    + Rhyhorn: Very similar physically to Donphan, similar types and abilities. Besides, in Kanto's censored episode in the Safari Zone, Ash was about to catch one. It was unfair to make him lost such an ideal Pokemon. One thing very possible, Rhyhorn would have been one of Ash's Pokemon against the idea of evolving.
    + Golem: Very similar to Roggenrola/Boldore and a perfect match against Gary's Nidoking. Actually, we have seen Gary's Nidoking battling several Golems and losing against some of them. Ash could have capture it as a Geodude, evolved it to Graveler and then, in a similar way to when he traded Butterfree for a Raticate, make it evolve to Golem.

3ş) Another fact to predict Ash's possible captures is to look for Pokemon which could match the abilities of the traditional Starter's Pokemon, so they could work as "replacements" in case Ash didn't get some of these Starters. Check these candidates of Kanto's possible Pokemon:
    - Bulbasaur: The only Kanto's Grass Pokemon who can match Bulbasaur's abilities and have similar attacks is Bellsprout/Weepinbell/Victreebell. But considering the bad reputation this Pokemon has because of James' old Pokemon, I'm not sure if it would be the better choice; on the other hand, I'm sure that any of Team Rocket's Pokemon would have had a better life with Ash. So maybe it could work after all.
    - Squirtle: Leaving Kingler outside as just a "reserve's Water Pokemon", the best Pokemon to match Squirtle's place is Ash's Kanto Team would be Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath. Not only a Water type, but also a Fighting type, and almost the same; it looks perfect to me. And considering Ash has captured a Palpitoad, which in many ways is similar to a Poliwhirl, I guess is another proof.
    - Charizard: Honestly, I don't think it would possible to replace Charizard is Ash's team. Ever since the beginning, I always suspected that Ash and Gary were destiny to battle in a battle of "Charizard vs Blastoise", just like in the promotional stuff of the first generation. Even if Ash would have gained a Venusaur (just like in the manga) and not a Charizard, it would be very hard to find an appropiated replacement. As a Fire type, the best option I found is Vulpix/Ninetales, without counting Brock's Pokemon. In my opinion, Magmar would have been way better for Ash, but since Magby didn't exist in the first generation and it could be weird in Blaine's Gym, maybe not. The best choice I found is a NOT Fire type, but a Dragon type: Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite. With his Dragon's look and power, it could match's Charizard; and it's also a pseudo-legendary Pokemon like Gible/Gabite/Garchomp. But the more I think of it, the more I'm convinced there's no options to replace Charizard.

I have more to comment, but this is getting very long, so I will wait to see some comments. Please, tell me some opinions about my suspictions.
    interesting ideas but there are problems firstly the idea about those caught in japense forests.Firstly some of the caught pokmon seem to contridict this (glalie is the clearest example)
    secondly you stated that you don't like the pre evolutions and that the pokemon he's caught are copies this dosn't seem valid the fact that some pokemon have some similar ttraits dosn't mean that he will only ever capture similar pokemon.Look at scraggy i wouldn't classify it as that similar to any gen 1.

And having two Normal-types wasn't confirmed pointless.. Ah.. The bias towards the Water-type continues! :P 2 Normal types = 1 Water type..

Lol, not sure if that even makes any sense though.. Eitherway, Ash had 3 ground-types in Sinnoh, and take a look at his current team, I doubt it matters anymore today..

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieursa View Post

Only your first argument makes any sense, even though it is easily disproven..
    - First gen: Explain Muk, Haunter, Tauros, Lapras, Snorlax for me.. These are not pokemon, or their real world variants, that can easily be caught by a kid in a random Japanese forest. Even Bulbasaur is an odd fit as it's technically a small saurian creature.
    - Second gen: Phanpy.. Oh yes, explain how a kid can try to catch an elephant in a random Japanese forest and hold it as a pet.
    - Third gen: Lizard, bird, crayfish and turtles I can understand, but whatever Snorunt supposed to be, nah.. Also, capturing a monkey in real life is probably kinda iffy.. (Aipom).
    - Fourth gen: Again with the monkey. A weasel is also a bit out on the looney side for a kid to bring home. A flying scorpion is a bit odd to find in a Japanese forest as well, and don't mention landsharks as possibility either..
    - Fifth gen, most fit, although the otter, crocodile and piglett are a bit, odd.. But yeah, most would fit: Small snake, tiny bird, silkworm, small lizard (scraggy), frog, and a pebble.. -.-

So at best we can deduce that at most a fraction of Ash's team can be based on this theory, but never his entire team. General foresty creatures, little birds, small reptiles/lizards, turtles, frogs and bugs are all in his repertoire that can be found in a foresty area. So with that we can deduce that Ash's team can hold:
    - Pikachu, Chespin, Froakie, regional bird, lizard/turtle/snake-like Fire-type, and a bug and/or pebble..
    - And that it wouldn't be odd for him to capture a: Monkey or a weasel. Fire-type weasel ftw! :P

Your second theory I don't understand at all.. You're arguing about new pre/evolutions are only copies of older pokemon, but backwards? And then go on about Pinsir and Heracross which aren't even related? And Pinsir isn't very similar to Heracross, but Heracross might be a bit similar to Pinsir. At least get the 'copy/original'-discourse right. That's like saying as if Arcanine compares to Typhlosion, because both are fully evolved, are pure Fire-types, and have access to Flamethrower. It doesn't hold ANY theoretical value at all aside from type comparisons, and twists the original/copy-discourse even when it's faulty.

Not to mention that how you hypothesize is off: If Ash's journey had ended after the Indigo League, yet, you bring up arguments based on pokemon he has gotten after that moment, which in your logic, shouldn't have happened. If you're going to state that Ash's journey would've ended after the Indigo League, then that should limit the choices he has to the ones he has captured, and not to the ones he would've captured in the parallel universe you just cut off, hypothetically: "Using Boldore as an example that he has caught now, but wouldn't have caught if his journey had ended after the Indigo League, Ash could've caught a Geodude/Graveller/Golem?"...

The third one again holds some value, but not much at all as that pattern is broken after the first three generations, or one could even say two. You're practice of using Gen1 starters to determine which other pokemon Ash could've caught in their stead is off if you use that theory on Gen1 pokemon as well.. If you would use it on Gen2 pokemon, then you would've made a theory that could be applicable.

Gen1 to Gen2 matches:
    - Bulbasaur: A saurian grass-type that has access to moves such as Razor Leaf and Tackle: Gen2 match: Chikorita
    - Squirtle: A reptilian water-type that has access to biting moves and water spouting moves: Gen2 match: Totodile
    - Pidgeot: A bird of normal/flying-type that has access to general bird associated moves: Gen2 match: Noctowl
    - Tauros: A landliving pokemon of default-type with protruding cartilage that has access to charging moves and earth based moves: Gen2 match: Donphan, or Piloswine
    - Charizard: A dragon-like fire-type starter that has access to fire-type moves such as Flamethrower: No good match, best match would be: Cyndaquill as a Fire-type starter.
    - Primeape: A fighting-type that has access to direct combat moves: Gen2 match: Heracross, but also Hitmontop. One could argue that Heracrossed fused Primeape and Butterfree.
    - Haunter: A ghost-type which has general ghost-associated abilities: Gen2 match: Misdreavus.. But that didn't happen didn't it?
    - Snorlax: Idem
    - Lapras: Idem

You can see that with Charizard to Cyndaquill, and Tauros to Phanpy, the comparisons are starting to appear to get nonexistant. Now, take those new matches to Gen3:
    - Bayleef: Saurian grass-type that has access to moves such as body slam and razor leaf: Best Gen3 match: Tropius, saurian grass-type with body slam and razor leaf.
    - Totodile: Reptilian water-type that has access to biting and waterspouting moves: Best Gen3 match: Milotic, reptilian water-type w/waterspouting moves.
    - Noctowl: A bird of normal/flying-type that has access to general bird associated moves: Best Gen3 match: Swellow...
    - Phanpy: A landliving pokemon of default-type protruding cartilage that has access to charging moves and earth based moves: Best Gen3 match: Aggron.
    - Cyndaquill: A fire-type starter that has access to Flamethrower: Best Gen3 match: Blaziken...
    - Heracross: A (dual)-fighting-type that has access to direct combat moves: Best Gen3 match: Hariyama, Medicham, Blaziken, Breloom.

So considering how Ash's team didn't consist of:
    - Pikachu, Blaziken, Swellow, Tropius, Milotic and Aggron I can pretty fairly enough say that this theory would be completely busted aside from the regional bird thing by the time the third generation came along.

It's a shame though.. That team was pretty mint.. Even if there were a few less evolutions. There were five evolutions in AG: Treecko, Taillow, Snorunt, Grovyle, Phanpy, and Ash had four or five fully evolved pokemon on hand, depending on whether you want to count Donphan or not. With four fully evolved pokemon, and/or five evolutions, the team would be:
    - Pikachu
    - Swellow
    - Combusken
    - Milotic
    - Tropius
    - Aggron

Gen3 to Gen4:
    - Swellow > Staraptor
    - Combusken > Monferno/Infernape (fire-type starter), the Fighting-type is added bonus.
    - Milotic > No match, but as Feebas is based of a fish, then Lumineon must be the best fit.
    - Tropius > Torterra (Saurian grass, Bodyslam, razor leaf)
    - Aggron > Mamoswine (if he had caught Piloswine in Gen2), Torterra, Rampardos all have protruding tusks charging and landbased moves.

Of course, outside of the starters and Staraptor, this never happened, and even then the starters could be considered as coincidences as their Gen3 counterparts never even happened..
    Last edited by Locormus; 27th January 2013 at 2:25 PM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

The least I hope is that Palpitoad will appear more often, but right now it doesn't seem like that. We don't even know when or if ever it will debut in the Episode N.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong

Let's see, I'm afraid I haven't been clear in some points according to what Luthor and Locomus have said; so I'll try to be more clear now.

1ş) Well, of course not all the Pokemon have to be based on animals that a kid can catch easily. That's where the "based on real life" part stops and the "fiction" part starts. I'm just saying that if the Pokemon is based on an animal easy to catch for a kid (before any evolving), or that a kid can have as a pet, then it's always possible that Ash or any other main character catch it. Examples:
    + Small Lizards: Treecko or Charmander. Or even crocodile/alligator breedings like Totodile or Sandile; like the ones in New York which were dumped into the sewers and created the urban legend about alligators living in New York's sewers.
    + Turtles: Turtwig, Squirtle or Torkoal.
    + Tiny birds: Pidgey, Taillow, Pidove or Starly. Even "chicks" like Torchic or Piplup.
    + Bugs: Butterflies (Butterfree or Beautifly), beetles (Heracross or Pinsir), caterpillars (Caterpie, Weedle, Sewaddle or Venipede) or moth-similar-to butterflies (Venomoth or Dustox).
    + Regular pets: Like cats (Meowth, Glameow or Skitty), dogs (Growlithe, Snubbull or Lillipup) or even mice (Pikachu, Rattata or Marill). In Japan, there's even a small race of pigs that people can raise like a pet. Tepig is clearly based in that pig's race; and another pig can be Primeape, as he's an hybrid between a pig and an ape.

Then, when we start to enter into the "mysthical" and/or "adventurous" side of Pokemon's world, that's when they allow Ash or the other main characters catch Pokemon less "logical" for a kid. Pokemon like Gliscor (a flying scorpion), Onix (a giany rock snake), Charizard or Dragonite (dragons) are perfect examples.

2ş) Let's see, because this part is the most complicated to understand, apparently:
    + There's always similarities between new Pokemon and old Pokemon, and not all of them have to be physical. Luthor's example with Scraggy, well, he's a little wrong. For me, Scraggy is similar to Ash's Primeape when he was still a Mankey. They are both Fighting types, they are usually calm but they get angry pretty easy, they look for a fight when get annoyed, and they tend to make "threatening"/"furious" faces to intimidate their opponents.

+ What I'm saying about making new evolutions or pre-evolutions, I simply mean that it's stupid making evolutions coming from nowhere and then find "forced excuses" to why we didn't see them before. For example, Eevee's three original evolutions (Flareon, Vaporeon and Jolteon) were the result of exposing it to different evolution stones. Then it came new evolutions that you had to evolve them at certain time of the day (Espeon and Umbreon) or in certain places (Leafeon and Glaceon). All these complications when it would have been easier to use the other evolutionary stones: Leaf Stone for Leafeon, Moon Stone (night time) for Umbreon, Sun Stone for Espeon (day time) and the Dawn Stone for Glaceon (since this stone also works for Froslass, another Ice type).

+ When I compare two Pokemon to say if they are copies or not, I analyze it more deeply than Locormus' comparation between Typhlosion and Arcanine. And when I said the stuff about "if Ash's journey would have ended in Kanto", I'm just trying to say that Ash's goal is to become a Pokemon Master, which requires catching a lot of Pokemon to know them deeply. However, although Ash clearly prefers quality over quantity, Ash's always catch just a few Pokemon in each generation. And when I compare new Pokemon with the old ones, I simply realize that Ash wasted a lot of good opportunities to catch powerful Pokemons, similar some ones he already has. Example:
    - Pinsir and Heracross are similar because they are both Pokemon based on beetles, species than kids can capture easily in japanese forests. Both have Fighting moves, both are obviously Bug types, neither of them have evolutions (although they could have a caterpillar pre-evolution that evolves to either of them depending of circunstances) and they are both the "runner-ups" in Bug types. I mean, if Pinsir is the second strongest Bug type against Scyther, Heracross is the second strongest Bug type against Scizor.
    - Rhyhorn and Donphan are similar because they are both Pokemon based on pachydermous (an elephant and a rhinoceros). They are both Ground type, they both walk over four legs, their attack's speciality is "charging" (Take Down or Rollout), both of them have "sharp weapons" (Donphan his tusks and Rhyhorn his horn) and they have similar size and weight.
    - Geodude/Graveler/Golem is similar to Roggenrola/Boldore/Gigalith in many ways. Their first evolutionary stage is based on a geode, both are Rock-type, have Sturdy as one their Abilities, evolve at level 25 and reach their final forms when traded.
    - As an extra comparison, we have Venusaur and Torterra. Both are the final stages of their region's Grass type Starter Pokemon, have a reptilian nature, have a plant growing at their back, similar size and weight, have an evolutionary chain at almost the same levels and walk on four legs.

3ş) Finally, what I meant in this part was that since Ash is almost always capturing the three starters of every region, I just look for "potential alternatives" so Ash stops repeating himself. And these alternatives can also count as "potential captures", even if Ash already captured the Starter Pokemon. An example is my idea about a Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath taking Squirtle's place in Kanto's team, resulting in now having a Palpitoad that is clearly a copy of Poliwhirl in many ways. Now, I'm going to share my "potential replacements" in Johto's team; one that is very reasonable as Ash could clearly have catched these very same Pokemon:
    + Bayleef: Honestly, as far as I see, no other Johto's Grass type can match for Ash's team like Chikorita/Bayleef. The main problem here is that all of Johto's Grass types have a "female design" (Meganium, Bellossom, Sunflora and Jumpluff), which makes them hard to fit with Ash's style. However, if we have to choose an alternative, I think the better option is a Sunkern/Sunflora; possibly, the same Pokemon Ash's group rescued in episode "Moving Pictures" and evolved to Sunflora thanks to Ash's Sun Stone, which he gained at Pokemon Bug Capture's Contest.
    + Quilava: This one is easy. The perfect replacement for Cyndaquil/Quilave in Ash's Johto Team would be a Houndour/Houndoom. Not only a good alternative Fire type, but also would work as Ash's first Dark type (useful against Ghost and Psychic types) and it has a design that makes you remember Charizard. It could be the same Pokemon that Ash helped to cure back in the episode "Hour of the Houndour".
    + Totodile: There are few alternatives as Ash's Water type in Johto team, but I think the best one could be Quagsire, the same Pokemon that annoyed Ash back in "Once in a Blue Moon". I know in that episode it was illegal to capture the Quagsires, but since this one seemed obsessed with the GS Ball, he could have chosen to follow Ash freely. It would have been a good Pokemon for Ash, specially because it was also a Ground type Pokemon.

Well, I hope that I have made myself clearer about my suspictions and ideas.

I've said this for a long time, and I'll say it again. Cilan should catch an Elgyem. Reasons: For one, it's adorable, and the writers could probably do some marketing with it. Also, a Psychic-type could bring a lot of interesting tactics and strategies to helping out in Episode N.

ALSO: I support the idea of Cilan going to the next region and becoming a Pokemon Coordinator. Psychic-types are always amazing in contests, so it would work very well.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 8
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

I can only see Snivy evolving before BW ends

Quote Originally Posted by Terror Of Master View Post
    I can only see Snivy evolving before BW ends
    This is all I needed to see to make my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    This is all I needed to see to make my day.
    Servine ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Lol who needs servine anyways? EmboarMaster race reporting!
    Embosr is most likely since the writers troll us with fire types. Y NO OTHER evos this region damn marketing

Quote Originally Posted by stanleysmith View Post
    I've said this for a long time, and I'll say it again. Cilan should catch an Elgyem. Reasons: For one, it's adorable, and the writers could probably do some marketing with it. Also, a Psychic-type could bring a lot of interesting tactics and strategies to helping out in Episode N.

ALSO: I support the idea of Cilan going to the next region and becoming a Pokemon Coordinator. Psychic-types are always amazing in contests, so it would work very well.
    So many things I dislike in this post it's scaring me.. :'(

Cilan catching another pokemon: Poor, poor Stunfisk barely gets anything to do anyway..
    Elgyem being onscreen: Call me a hater, I don't like aliens.
    Elgyem being on the cast: Idem
    Elgyem being used in full marketing glory: Idem, other pokemon need that limelight in the dying days of Best Wishes. Palpitoad's appearances can be counted on two hands!
    Cilan catching an Elgyem: I don't like this idea at all.
    Cilan catching a Psychic-type: I want Ash with a decent one before that ever happens. Sadly, there are no Psychic-types in Unova I want to see Ash with, nor do I want to see an Ash capture.
    Another pokemon captured in general: As above, there's no more time for any development for new critters, aside from Team Rockets last additions, and even that hurts: Yamask?
    Cilan doing anything time consuming in BWn: Ash should get all the focus after that league..
    Cilan bringing interesting tactics and strategies: Why does Cilan need to use strategies if Ash should be the sole focus of the tale end of this dying series?
    Cilan bringing interesting tactics and strategies instead of Ash: Grrr.. League.. grrr..
    Cilan going to the next region: No development in his original series = Probably no development in a next series.
    Pokemon coordinating coming back into the fold: Dead storyarcs should remain dead. Yes, he expressed interest, but contests just need to die.
    Cilan switching from Sommeliering to something else: Sommeliering hasn't even been fleshed out in the slightest bit. It has bad writing all over it, and I don't want that to transfer.
    Cilan switching to Coordinating: Yes, he expressed interest, but coordinating is dead, and Cilan wouldn't nearly interesting enough to have his own secondary quest aside from Ash. Dawn and May were playable characters so it was semi-okay. Cilan would be the guy from the previous region screenhogging many episodes that could be devoted to the new pokemon of the new characters that actually advertize those games.

Let this guy die already, he wouldn't be of any use in Gen6 to the marketing guys. It's like Tracey coming back and having an art contest in between Ash's gymbattles, and having the maestro exposition in between Gym8 and the league! YES, TRACEY! It wouldn't be any difference between Tracey and Cilan, and at least with Tracey, we wouldn't have to be annoyed by the baseless hobbies that Cilan adds to his repertoire every 20 or so episodes and still remains a flat character nonetheless..

The only thing I sort off agree on is Psychic types being somewhat good in contests, and even then this is by a margin and the type doesn't stand out more then the Water or Fire-types..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Cilan switching from Sommeliering to something else: Sommeliering hasn't even been fleshed out in the slightest bit. It has bad writing all over it, and I don't want that to transfer.
    Cilan switching to Coordinating: Yes, he expressed interest, but coordinating is dead, and Cilan wouldn't nearly interesting enough to have his own secondary quest aside from Ash. Dawn and May were playable characters so it was semi-okay. Cilan would be the guy from the previous region screenhogging many episodes that could be devoted to the new pokemon of the new characters that actually advertize those games.
    These are the two that got my attention. Please note that I never said he would switch. The fact remains that he needs to expand on sommeliering, and going to the next region could do that for him. He could finally test to become a higher rank in the next region. We could get more Burgundy.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 8
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Man, I'm disappointed Kibago seemingly had Outrage deleted from his memory banks according to Dento. It was a really cool move and I loved seeing Kibago warp around the battlefield DBZ-style Kaio-Ken like that. Giga Impact manages to look epic when Kibago uses it and not as cookie-cutter and bland as when Haderia, Yanakkie, and Chillacino used it. Guess the writers gave it a unique design like they did with Satoshi's Goukazaru's Flare Drive in order to make it stand-out for that specific Pokemon. Props to them on that.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 28th January 2013 at 2:03 AM.

Off Topic : I hope there is a much better Dragon Pseudo Legendary Pokemon in Gen VI.
    On Topic : Ether Ash catch's that pseudo Legendary Pokemon Or His Gible evolve all the way to a Garchomp.

Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    Off Topic : I hope there is a much better Dragon Pseudo Legendary Pokemon in Gen VI.
    On Topic : Ether Ash catch's that pseudo Legendary Pokemon Or His Gible evolve all the way to a Garchomp.
    Won't happen dawg. 8(

Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    His Gible needs more battle wins before even evolving to Gibite first. And if he didn't catch Meloetta, who was right in his lap for over 7 episodes, then I don't think he will catch a fully grown Dragon type like Iris did. Remember they did that for her because of her game status and so that they could get rid for her faster than normal.

My ideal battle ever!

I really don't understand the whole Gible fascination here. Ash is not getting a Garchomp here guys....
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I really don't understand the whole Gible fascination here. Ash is not getting a Garchomp here guys....
    I don't get it either, I mean, it would take ages for it to even evolve ONCE, probably. Besides that, it would be too overpowered, unless its opponent has plot armor (and I don't know if anyone wants to see Garchomp lose to a weaker opponent...)

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I don't even understand why people starts to talk about it now. It is not like it was confirmed to return.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong

Quote Originally Posted by IcySealeo View Post
    I don't even understand why people starts to talk about it now. It is not like it was confirmed to return.
    Lol they've been talking about it since episode 1 of BW. For some reason everybody wants Gabite and Croconaw -_-.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Page 525 of 694 FirstFirst ... 425475515521522523524525526527528529535575625 ... LastLast