Page 527 of 694 FirstFirst ... 427477517523524525526527528529530531537577627 ... LastLast
Results 13,151 to 13,175 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

I mentioned this in BWS2EN-6's thread, but I want to say it here too. I suspect there's a high chance for Ash to capture the Braviary that appears in this episode. You see, when the list of Unova's new Pokemon was revealed, Braviary was one of the best candidates I considered to be capture for Ash's team. I was convinced that Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile was going to be one of them because it shared a lot a similarities with some of Ash's old Pokemons: Pokemon based on a crocodile like Totodile, a "fighting lizard" like Charizard, wear sunglasses and was tle leader of a wild Pokemon's gang like Squirtle, and evolved before being captured like Primeape. And who would have know it?, in the end, I was right. So I'm convinced Ash can captured this Braviary too; or more likely, this Braviary will follow Ash freely after he saved him and Braviary notices a "kindred warrior spirit" in him.

Besides, by the list of Ash's captured Pokemon in Unova, I suspect it follows a pattern. It's Ash traditional Pokemon team along with a "replacement" for each member. Check this:
    + "Small but powerful" role: Pikachu----------Scraggy
    + Grass Type's role: Snivy----------Leavanny
    + Fire Type's Role: Pignite----------Charizard*
    + Water Type's Role: Oshawott----------Palpitoad
    + "Sixth Extra" Role: Krookodile----------Boldore (Both are "linked" to earth's element)
    *Charizard's not new, but his return is going to clearly to fulfill the place of "Fire type's replacement". Or maybe Pignite is now going to become the "replacement".

So, to complete this list, there's still the "Flying Type's Role". If Unfezant is the "original member", it would still be needed the "replacement member"; and between all the Flying types introduced in Generation V, Braviary is the best option for Ash's team.

So, what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    You win this round SL.

I doubled up on fighting

Dragonite

Outrage
    Hurricane
    Focus punch
    Fire Blast.
    The fact is, that Dragonite has the 'holy grail' of move types, and has them spread over physical and special moves as well.. You also implement an even special/physical-split, but the coverage is just not up to par with the 'holy grail', which consists of the Ice/Electric and Fire-type moves. Dragon is just another kicker to that..

HOWEVER.. And this may be called blasphemy for all I care.. But Dragonite has been neglecting his Flamethrower lately if I'm correct. If so, then are may be suggested to shelve it for some occasions and include Hurricane into the set. If the opponent is immune to Electricity, then Hurricane. If the opponent isn't a Steel-type, then having Hurricane could add to the moveset because Flamethrower wouldn't be as much of a necessity.

So with five interchangable moves:

Dragon Rush
    Ice Beam
    Thunder Punch/Hurricane: Hurricane if vs. a Ground-type.
    Flamethrower/Hurricane: Flamethrower if the opponent is a Steel, or Ice-type.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieursa View Post
    I mentioned this in BWS2EN-6's thread, but I want to say it here too. I suspect there's a high chance for Ash to capture the Braviary that appears in this episode. You see, when the list of Unova's new Pokemon was revealed, Braviary was one of the best candidates I considered to be capture for Ash's team. I was convinced that Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile was going to be one of them because it shared a lot a similarities with some of Ash's old Pokemons: Pokemon based on a crocodile like Totodile, a "fighting lizard" like Charizard, wear sunglasses and was tle leader of a wild Pokemon's gang like Squirtle, and evolved before being captured like Primeape. And who would have know it?, in the end, I was right. So I'm convinced Ash can captured this Braviary too; or more likely, this Braviary will follow Ash freely after he saved him and Braviary notices a "kindred warrior spirit" in him.

Besides, by the list of Ash's captured Pokemon in Unova, I suspect it follows a pattern. It's Ash traditional Pokemon team along with a "replacement" for each member. Check this:
    + "Small but powerful" role: Pikachu----------Scraggy
    + Grass Type's role: Snivy----------Leavanny
    + Fire Type's Role: Pignite----------Charizard*
    + Water Type's Role: Oshawott----------Palpitoad
    + "Sixth Extra" Role: Krookodile----------Boldore (Both are "linked" to earth's element)
    *Charizard's not new, but his return is going to clearly to fulfill the place of "Fire type's replacement". Or maybe Pignite is now going to become the "replacement".

So, to complete this list, there's still the "Flying Type's Role". If Unfezant is the "original member", it would still be needed the "replacement member"; and between all the Flying types introduced in Generation V, Braviary is the best option for Ash's team.

So, what do you think?
    The idea of Ash with Braviary was something many people, myself included, hoped for nearly the entire run of BW, but thus far, let down. There's still the chance of him catching one, but I don't get my hopes up for it anymore.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    The idea of Ash with Braviary was something many people, myself included, hoped for nearly the entire run of BW, but thus far, let down. There's still the chance of him catching one, but I don't get my hopes up for it anymore.
    I was hoping of a Rufflet, and with a tought battle, it evolve into a Braviery.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Gible doesn't need to evolve, it just needs to make a return for Iris to see and learn from Ash how to teach Axew Draco Meteor.
    That's not such a good idea for it to return here. What the writers like to do for Iris is find ways to make her teach other trainers(especially dragon users) how to train their pokemon and if Ash brought Gible there along with BW's bad writing, they will make Ash seem like he doesn't know what the heck he's doing and make Iris know like she was the one who raised it.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    That's not such a good idea for it to return here. What the writers like to do for Iris is find ways to make her teach other trainers(especially dragon users) how to train their pokemon and if Ash brought Gible there along with BW's bad writing, they will make Ash seem like he doesn't know what the heck he's doing and make Iris know like she was the one who raised it.
    No they would have Ash trade Gible or give it away to Iris for 'training' lol

You win this round SL.

I doubled up on fighting

Dragonite

Outrage
    Hurricane
    Focus punch
    Fire Blast.
    Why do you think a Pokemon will change its whole moveset just like that? It happens maybe when a Pokemon leaves and returns for its comeback.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong

I think there's absolutely no chance in hell that Ash will catch anything, unless it goes to the sixth gen with him at this point. Cilan and Iris will both leave at the end of this trainwreck of a series, so it's no use speculating for them either.

The only thing we can speculate with any chance of happening, and having a lasting impact is whether one or two pokemon will evolve in these 20 something episodes that are left. I repeat, logig and looking at a calender dictates that there are only roughly 20 episodes left.. Nothing is going to happen anymore. Charizard will come back, and it, Pikachu and Dragonite will largely overshadow the rest of the group.

Wanting another capture at this point will be a deathsentence to Palpitoad, Leavanny, Boldore, and yes, even Krookodile since it is pretty obvious that it will get the short end between itself, Dragonite and Charizard being there... Unless there is some sort of Dragon-themed Donamite, in which case:

- Iris: Axew/Fraxure, Dragonite
    - Ash: Krookodile, Charizard, Scraggy/Scrafty (<-It's in the Dragon-egggroup)

But lol, Don Tournaments take up 4 episodes.. Meaning only 16 episodes left to make anything of the N-arc, which is a really short time, and then there's even less time to develop what else Ash has.. So concluding: No more captures, plot related evolutions, three max, and no development aside from parting episodes for the side characters...

I honestly doubt we'll see Trip, Georgia and Burgundy again outside of these parting episodes, or the possible last Don Tournament.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I don't think there will be any changes in this saga. Cilan probably won't get a new Pokemon, Axew probably won't evolve... Maybe one of Ash's Pokemon will evolve but that will be done with a bad tast since it is almost the end.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong

Meh, the only move I would like Dragonite learning is Hurricane just cuz it would give him a move of his type.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    I think there's absolutely no chance in hell that Ash will catch anything, unless it goes to the sixth gen with him at this point. Cilan and Iris will both leave at the end of this trainwreck of a series, so it's no use speculating for them either.

The only thing we can speculate with any chance of happening, and having a lasting impact is whether one or two pokemon will evolve in these 20 something episodes that are left. I repeat, logig and looking at a calender dictates that there are only roughly 20 episodes left.. Nothing is going to happen anymore. Charizard will come back, and it, Pikachu and Dragonite will largely overshadow the rest of the group.

Wanting another capture at this point will be a deathsentence to Palpitoad, Leavanny, Boldore, and yes, even Krookodile since it is pretty obvious that it will get the short end between itself, Dragonite and Charizard being there... Unless there is some sort of Dragon-themed Donamite, in which case:

But lol, Don Tournaments take up 4 episodes.. Meaning only 16 episodes left to make anything of the N-arc, which is a really short time, and then there's even less time to develop what else Ash has.. So concluding: No more captures, plot related evolutions, three max, and no development aside from parting episodes for the side characters...

I honestly doubt we'll see Trip, Georgia and Burgundy again outside of these parting episodes, or the possible last Don Tournament.
    Togekiss was caught just months before the DP finale. Your point is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    This and also Cilan's a question mark for if he'll stay or not.
    Iris probably wont, but Cilan has a decent chance. Or have I missed something?
    3DS Friend Code: 0473-8153-4660 (Fairy safari)
    I'll fix my sig eventually....
    Emerald Nuzlocke Team: Fire Red Randomizer Nuzlocke Team:
    Black 2 team:Y Team:
    Predictions for Ash's team:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post

From now, i the BW series ends at the last week of September and there's only the movie breaks as usual, the series will have 35 episodes. The series could have 33/34/36 episodes. Two of them had aired. Five episodes are announced, and of one of them we don't know anything that discards a evolution.

I'm not so sure about Cilan's leaving. Unlike Iris, there's any foreshadowing of things that Cilan will leave. And if there is, we need to wait until the new characters are announced.

About that there aren't captures and evolutons:
    Iris is almost impossible to make a capture. And if it happens, a possible capture would be related to Gen VI. Ash has most chances to get it, though. The only three options to think that could happen are Eevee (this time, related to Gen VI), N's Zorua (ya' know) and Zekjrom (anime) , the latter only for Ash vs N.

Evolutions: there's some possible if the spam of 30 episodes.
    -If the writers have said that Axew wants to evolve, it will evolve. At the very end, but evolve. Scraggy could evolve at the same time than Axew does.
    -Palpitoad could have a battle and evolve. Boldore could evolve via pseudo-trade specially if we know that Gigalith hasn't got a role yet.
    -And there also to note, that evolving marketbale mons at the very end isn't a big issue thatin the middle of the series. Snivy could evolve at the second part of Episode N (Oshawott has another level of marketability that delays his evolution).

And about the rivals, I'll answer you via VM because this isn't the thread.

Locormus's point might be invalid BUT it still doesn't change the fact that Togekiss got horribly screwed over. Which is something to be avoided.

Ash might catch something, so long as he brings it with him, next generation, otherwise any capture from anyone would be pointless.

There. No I don't want anyone to catch anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullkid View Post
    Wow, you seem awfully annoyed over the use of the word "retard". Is it hitting too close to home, perhaps?
    I get very annoyed at people getting up in a huff about people using words inappropriately.

Unless said word is directed at someone (non-fictional) in particular, or perhaps as a racial/stereotype, I don't know why people get all upset over words.

It's ridiculous.

Especially when groups of people try to "monopolize" words, and get upset, when people use it incorrectly. Especially when those words meant something different in the past.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 29th January 2013 at 11:55 PM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Togekiss was caught in April of 2010 so I think April-May of 2013 will be last months to make any captures. Anything past that is unlikely.

I do think Iris has a chance to get a third and final dragon, and Cilan will just stay for 6th gen. Both of them leaving with what they have now would be awful.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Locormus's point might be invalid BUT it still doesn't change the fact that Togekiss got horribly screwed over. Which is something to be avoided.

Ash might catch something, so long as he brings it with him, next generation, otherwise any capture from anyone would be pointless.

There. No I don't want anyone to catch anything new.

I get very annoyed at people getting up in a huff about people using words inappropriately.

Unless said word is directed at someone (non-fictional) in particular, or perhaps as a racial/stereotype, I don't know why people get all upset over words.

It's ridiculous.

Especially when groups of people try to "monopolize" words, and get upset, when people use it incorrectly. Especially when those words meant something different in the past.
    Actually Togekiss was treated fairly well for a last minute capture in my opinion. It was one of my favorite pokemon for Dawn(along with Mamoswine). Yes she should of gotten her sooner but for the time she was on the cast she was treated well.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Actually Togekiss was treated fairly well for a last minute capture in my opinion. It was one of my favorite pokemon for Dawn(along with Mamoswine). Yes she should of gotten her sooner but for the time she was on the cast she was treated well.
    Agreed, and Togekiss just made Dawn's team look better on paper.

Agreed, and Togekiss just made Dawn's team look better on paper.
    I don't see why Ambipom had to go...

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Because we all know ping pong>contests.

Sinnoh had the best teams on paper bar none.

before anyone says may, let me remind you by then she was no longer a main character.

I am in favor of Pignite learning a move of a 3rd type.

Fire Pledge
    Brick Break
    Flamethrower
    Payback

I am in favor of Pignite learning a move of a 3rd type.

Fire Pledge
    Brick Break
    Flamethrower
    Payback
    Pignite is fine now that he learned Brick Break. The ones who need something are Oshawott, Scraggy, Snivy, and Unfezant.

Some more pokemon that could use an updated moveset

Scraggy ,who I've come to like a lot more after he learned to stay in his pokeball more often. You never quite know how much you appreciate something after it's no longer IN YO FACE like some of the other cute pokemon.

HJK
    Focus Blast
    Headbutt
    Dark Pulse

Boldore-Needs something to spice up that boring piece of rock, does he even have a personality?

Rock blast
    Explosion
    Flash Cannon
    Bulldoze

Unfezant- yes she's getting more screentime since something with wings needs to pop balloons and apparently Iris does not know she has a Dragonite unless some COTD needs help learning a move.

SKy Attack
    Air Cutter
    Quick attack
    Aerial Ace

Palpitoad- While he will most likely never show up again since Ash really really hates using evolved water types, it wouldn't hurt to speculate.

Hydro Pump
    Sludge Wave
    Earth power
    Supersonic
    Last edited by LizardonX; 30th January 2013 at 4:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I would've prefered Buneary leaving but I think the Pikachu crush saved it. Plus it knowing ice beam which is good for contests.

Well they finished everyone else movesets so I'm hoping Scraggy and Oshawott finish theirs eventually in this arc, not that their movesets aren't exactly finished but an upgrade for Leer/Headbutt for Scraggy and Tackle for Oshawott would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Well they finished everyone else movesets so I'm hoping Scraggy and Oshawott finish theirs eventually in this arc, not that their movesets aren't exactly finished but an upgrade for Leer/Headbutt for Scraggy and Tackle for Oshawott would be cool.
    Unfezant should replace Gust as well.

Some more pokemon that could use an updated moveset

Scraggy ,who I've come to like a lot more after he learned to stay in his pokeball more often. You never quite know how much you appreciate something after it's no longer IN YO FACE like some of the other cute pokemon.

HJK
    Focus Blast
    Headbutt
    Dark Pulse

Boldore-Needs something to spice up that boring piece of rock, does he even have a personality?

Rock blast
    Explosion
    Flash Cannon
    Bulldoze

Unfezant- yes she's getting more screentime since something with wings needs to pop balloons and apparently Iris does not know she has a Dragonite unless some COTD needs help learning a move.

SKy Attack
    Air Cutter
    Quick attack
    Aerial Ace

Palpitoad- While he will most likely never show up again since Ash really really hates using evolved water types, it wouldn't hurt to speculate.

Hydro Pump
    Sludge Wave
    Earth power
    Supersonic
    Why would Unfezant need both Sky Attack and Aerial Ace??

Page 527 of 694 FirstFirst ... 427477517523524525526527528529530531537577627 ... LastLast