Page 529 of 694 FirstFirst ... 429479519525526527528529530531532533539579629 ... LastLast
Results 13,201 to 13,225 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

I have read rumors, so I want to be sure, has the next page of PokeCalendar (March 2013) been revealed or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieursa View Post
    I have read rumors, so I want to be sure, has the next page of PokeCalendar (March 2013) been revealed or not?
    Hasn't been posted here atleast, what rumors?

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Agree on unfezant, nothing to say there.

Osha... I sorta agree, but Ice Beam has been far too overused of a move. I'd like to see something like Revenge or X-Scissor.

Snivy's signature move is Attract. It's just like having Emolga without Volt Switch. Instead, Leaf Blade should be replaced with something like Aqua Tail.

Iffy on Low Kick, doesn't fit. But it looks pretty good. Head Smash, yum.

Snivy's Attract is literally it's signature move, sorta like
    U realize Volt Switch hasn't been used for ages right??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Just thought of an awesome idea, guys. Dento should get a Choroneko Egg, he adores and cares for it a lot in its egg form and then it hatches in a Choroneko. He's forced with learning to get over his petty fear of Choroneko and care for his Pokemon, ta-da. Dento gets his first piece of development in BW and gets a new Pokemon. Although someone told me that Dento's fear of Choroneko probably won't be expanded on and it's just a play on the black-cat superstition it's still nice to speculate. It's a shame because you would think as an A-Class Pokemon Sommelier he would learn to get over his prejudice of the Pokemon but it isn't really treated like a flaw anyway so whatever. Though if it did happen I'd want it to learn Assist, Pay Day, Yawn, and/or Hone Claw. Limber seems like a cool ability but so does Unburden, I doubt we'd get Prankster. Unburden would work in case Choroneko stole an item and lost it and got faster and Limber would work if say Emonga battles it and her Static would have no effect. He could also catch this Choroneko.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Just thought of an awesome idea, guys. Dento should get a Choroneko Egg, he adores and cares for it a lot in its egg form and then it hatches in a Choroneko. He's forced with learning to get over his petty fear of Choroneko and care for his Pokemon, ta-da. Dento gets his first piece of development in BW and gets a new Pokemon. Although someone told me that Dento's fear of Choroneko probably won't be expanded on and it's just a play on the black-cat superstition it's still nice to speculate. It's a shame because you would think as an A-Class Pokemon Sommelier he would learn to get over his prejudice of the Pokemon but it isn't really treated like a flaw anyway so whatever. Though if it did happen I'd want it to learn Assist, Pay Day, Yawn, and/or Hone Claw. Limber seems like a cool ability but so does Unburden, I doubt we'd get Prankster. Unburden would work in case Choroneko stole an item and lost it and got faster and Limber would work if say Emonga battles it and her Static would have no effect. He could also catch this Choroneko.
    Oh lord another one of you guys....
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

I'd like if that happened. I still want to know why in the heck is he so afraid of them. (>.<) Even if it is about superstition. It still makes me wonder. xD

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Oh lord another one of you guys....
    What's wrong with me wanting Dento to get development, I'm not asking for a heavy amount of development and huge plot-line like those people who spew constant negativity.

I could see it now when the egg begins to hatch:

Dento: *giggles euphorically*
    *egg hatches*
    Dento: *giggles turn into a loud scream, and Pidoves fly and he runs away*
    Choroneko thinks he's playing...

Also I don't think it is superstition. :/ He's a skeptic. And he said one did something terrible to him, not that one could do something to him. -.-
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 31st January 2013 at 3:32 AM.

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

What's wrong with me wanting Dento to get development, I'm not asking for a heavy amount of development and huge plot-line like those people who spew constant negativity.
    The chances of Cilan getting anymore 5th gen pokemon are slim to none.

Because he has actually gotten development in BW already contrary to your belief.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    I could see it now when the egg begins to hatch:

Dento: *giggles euphorically*
    *egg hatches*
    Dento: *giggles turn into a loud scream, and Pidoves fly and he runs away*
    Choroneko thinks he's playing...

Also I don't think it is superstition. :/ He's a skeptic. And he said one did something terrible to him, not that one could do something to him. -.-
    I'd actually like it if Pinot Noir pulled a Kenyan and returned and had something to do with this, he's an overall much better rival than Cabernet imo and could really influence it in some way. Though I could thinly see Cabernet returning and maybe saying that you can't become an S-Rank Sommelier if you have a bias against certain Pokemon. Though it isn't really treated like a flaw for his goal, I'd really like that to happen if possible.

Interesting and funny scenario XD

I'm not sure if it's not a superstition, someone just pointed out it's a possibility of it being a reference to the superstition and it being similar to Takeshi and his dislike of talking about that certain professor back in OS and never being something significant. Though they're probably wrong.

Because he has actually gotten development in BW already contrary to your belief.
    Er....development is a character changing, Dento on the whole hasn't really changed as a character or learned a super important lesson, most of his episodes have been comedy or his helping other people learn something. None of his Pokemon have had problems either. There's nothing wrong with that, I'm just saying it'd be a nice bonus XD
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 31st January 2013 at 3:42 AM.

I'd actually like it if Pinot Noir pulled a Kenyan and returned and had something to do with this, he's an overall much better rival than Cabernet imo and could really influence it in some way. Though I could thinly see Cabernet returning and maybe saying that you can't become an S-Rank Sommelier if you have a bias against certain Pokemon. Though it isn't really treated like a flaw for his goal, I'd really like that to happen if possible.

Interesting and funny scenario XD

I'm not sure if it's not a superstition, someone just pointed out it's a possibility of it being a reference to the superstition and it being similar to Takeshi and his dislike of talking about that certain professor back in OS and never being something significant. Though they're probably wrong.

Er....development is a character changing, Dento on the whole hasn't really changed as a character or learned a super important lesson, most of his episodes have been comedy or his helping other people learn something. None of his Pokemon have had problems either. There's nothing wrong with that, I'm just saying it'd be a nice bonus XD
    U never watched his first two episodes did you?? Or the first Burgundy episode?? Oh and by the way, every time one of his "hobbies" are brought up again, that is development.

U never watched his first two episodes did you??
    He changed his opinion on Mijumaru, that's not development.

Or the first Burgundy episode??
    He knew everything he needed and didn't struggle at all with being Cabernet in a battle. He didn't learn a lesson or change either.

Oh and by the way, every time one of his "hobbies" are brought up again, that is development.
    Hobbies aren't development either, they're just that. Hobbies. Comedic gags, not something that impacts his character or goal in the long run.

Like I said before, Dento is mostly an entertainment character and I'm perfectly okay with that and find him fun regardless. There's no reason for him to get a huge amount of development and there will be few chances for that since he was already a competent Sommelier from the very beginning, I was just saying that it would be nice for him to get some development if possible and add a little more depth to his character.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 31st January 2013 at 3:51 AM.

I was hoping for something like this to happen. :P

Meh I kind of disagree just because Brock's was more of a one-shot thing and used to get him to be back with Ash. But there's no proof to either, so it's whatever you want to believe.

Eh he did change, it's just not as noticeable as with Iris. You can see the changes from his first episode, to the Pod and Pinot Noir episode. Though the Noir episode was different because he didn't really do a true evaluation.

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    tumblr|fanfiction

Meh I kind of disagree just because Brock's was more of a one-shot thing and used to get him to be back with Ash. But there's no proof to either, so it's whatever you want to believe.
    It showed up more often than Dento's Purrloin thing though, so not exactly one-time thing :P

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

I was hoping for something like this to happen. :P
    I could totally see him pulling a "It's Hatching Time!~" :P

True, true XD

Eh he did change, it's just not as noticeable as with Iris. You can see the changes from his first episode, to the Pod and Pinot Noir episode. Though the Noir episode was different because he didn't really do a true evaluation.
    Well, I agree, his evaluations have had some change. I probably didn't notice ^^;;

He changed his opinion on Mijumaru, that's not development.

He knew everything he needed and didn't struggle at all with being Cabernet in a battle. He didn't learn a lesson or change either.

Hobbies aren't development either, they're just that. Hobbies. Comedic gags, not something that impacts his character or goal in the long run.

Like I said before, Dento is mostly an entertainment character and I'm perfectly okay with that and find him fun regardless. There's no reason for him to get a huge amount of development I was just saying that it would be nice for him to get some development if possible.
    So him learning from Ash's way of battling wasn't development?? Him pulling an Ash against Burgundy wasn't him changing his way of thinking??

When those "hobbies" are brought up and developed further, that is development.

It's funny how you seem to believe that if it doesn't have anything to do with your goal it's not development.

Well, I agree, his evaluations have had some change. I probably didn't notice ^^;;
    Even that's debatable, the only thing that's changed is the words he uses. Where as before he was more sharp tongued and precise, now he's more flowery and using Engrish and Mamo-Miya styling it up.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Eh though really he doesn't need much development to be entertaining. Especially since development is about change. He's a pretty whimsical fellow. :P

Oh yeah and TEAMS!!!

I'd love Dento with Ducklett/Gallade/Eeletrik/Arceus/Joltik/Purrloin

Any of those pls. :3

tumblr|fanfiction

So him learning from Ash's way of battling wasn't development?? Him pulling an Ash against Burgundy wasn't him changing his way of thinking??
    No. He was impressed with Satoshi's methods and that's that. That's not development and he used Ishizumai against Cabernet because he wanted to and knew about its Sturdy ability. That shows some analytic battling skills on his part but aren't development. Even then we've seen type defiance many a time in this show.
    When those "hobbies" are brought up and developed further, that is development.
    When has one of his hobbies been anything more than a comedic gag? Something that influences his character as a whole?

It's funny how you seem to believe that if it doesn't have anything to do with your goal it's not development.
    Doryuzu is not a Dragon-type thus didn't have anything to do with her goal, but she developed from that experience with apologizing to her Pokemon and learning to understand him better and changing up her battling style a small bit because he had a bit of a problem with that. I never said it had to be related to his goal for him to develop.

Though like I said before, Dento is mostly a fun character and I'm perfectly fine with that.

EDIT:Yeah, like 00pokemanic00 said. He doesn't need development to be an entertaining character :P

I'D LIKE TO SEE DENTO WITH A DENCHURA. XD

No. He was impressed with Satoshi's methods and that's that. That's not development and he used Ishizumai against Cabernet because he wanted to and knew about its Sturdy ability. That shows some analytic battling skills on his part but aren't development. Even then we've seen type defiance many a time in this show.

When has one of his hobbies been anything more than a comedic gag? Something that influences his character as a whole?

Doryuzu is not a Dragon-type thus didn't have anything to do with her goal, but she developed from that experience with apologizing to her Pokemon and learning to understand him better and changing up her battling style a small bit because he had a bit of a problem with that. I never said it had to be related to his goal for him to develop.

Though like I said before, Dento is mostly a fun character and I'm perfectly fine with that.

EDIT:Yeah, like 00pokemanic00 said. He doesn't need development to be an entertaining character :P

I'D LIKE TO SEE DENTO WITH A DENCHURA. XD
    Those "comedic gags" are a big part of his character whether you believe it or not and they have come in handy a bunch of times, the best example being in subway two parter.

Ya and he changed his battle method and altered it because of watching Ash's battles, not to mention that his evaluation's have gotten much better as evidenced when he helped that girl choose her first pokemon.

Those "comedic gags" are a big part of his character whether you believe it or not and they have come in handy a bunch of times, the best example being in subway two parter.
    I wouldn't exactly call that development. Iris piloted a blimp in the movie ya know XD

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Ya and he changed his battle method and altered it because of watching Ash's battles, not to mention that his evaluation's have gotten much better as evidenced when he helped that girl choose her first pokemon.
    Like I said before, his comedic gags are just that for comedy and mostly utilized to solve COTD problems like the Tabunne case. They're not something that give his character depth or change because he's already shown to have them and their nothing but funny situations. Development is learning a lesson, changing in a gradual way or change. For example, Shinji learned to control his emotions better after being defeated by Jindai. Dento's Metro Sommelier talents were something he already had and just another hobby. In that case Iris's love of football and Dragons is development? :P His battling methods have hardly changed much either. But like I said, development smellhemelopment for Dento. He's still entertaining and I'm done with this debate since it's not going anywhere.

Yeah, enough of this.

Like I said before, his comedic gags are just that for comedy and mostly utilized to solve COTD problems like the Tabunne case. They're not something that give his character depth or change because he's already shown to have them and their nothing but funny situations. Development is learning a lesson, changing in a gradual way or change. For example, Shinji learned to control his emotions better after being defeated by Jindai. Dento's Metro Sommelier talents were something he already had and just another hobby. In that case Iris's love of football and Dragons is development? :P His battling methods have hardly changed much either. But like I said, development smellhemelopment for Dento. He's still entertaining and I'm done with this debate since it's not going anywhere.

Yeah, enough of this.
    The point is that your saying that the character we were introduced to a 100+ episodes ago is the same one we know now and that's not true.

The point is that your saying that the character we were introduced to a 100+ episodes ago is the same one we know now and that's not true.
    He is pretty much the same, but like I said. I don't care, that doesn't downgrade his entertainment value in my eyes. Just like how I liked Iris just as much as I always had despite her Kairyu being quite overpowered before.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 31st January 2013 at 4:31 AM.

Page 529 of 694 FirstFirst ... 429479519525526527528529530531532533539579629 ... LastLast