Page 530 of 694 FirstFirst ... 430480520526527528529530531532533534540580630 ... LastLast
Results 13,226 to 13,250 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Cilan should make one more capture regardless if he's in the new anime or not

Quote Originally Posted by Terror Of Master View Post
    Cilan should make one more capture regardless if he's in the new anime or not
    Agreed. I always thought he would look nice with a Bachuru or Denchura, even though he already has a Bug and Electric-type that didn't stop Satoshi from getting Waruvile.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Agreed. I always thought he would look nice with a Bachuru or Denchura, even though he already has a Bug and Electric-type that didn't stop Satoshi from getting Waruvile.
    I think it would be funny if Cilan caught a Joltik the Poke Ball is almost as big as it haha

Quote Originally Posted by Terror Of Master View Post
    I think it would be funny if Cilan caught a Joltik the Poke Ball is almost as big as it haha
    http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/...psef2578a2.png

Indeed. That indeed.

We have 3 electric types on the main cast already; one always appears no matter what and the other two have like 10 appearances all up >_<
    Another electric type would just get shafted for screentime and be treated worse than Palpitoad..
    3DS Friend Code: 0473-8153-4660 (Fairy safari)
    I'll fix my sig eventually....
    Emerald Nuzlocke Team: Fire Red Randomizer Nuzlocke Team:
    Black 2 team:Y Team:
    Predictions for Ash's team:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by shelldude400 View Post
    We have 3 electric types on the main cast already; one always appears no matter what and the other two have like 10 appearances all up >_<
    Another electric type would just get shafted for screentime and be treated worse than Palpitoad..
    So? If Cilan stays his Pokemon will get more screen time next gen >_<

Like I said before, his comedic gags are just that for comedy and mostly utilized to solve COTD problems like the Tabunne case. They're not something that give his character depth or change because he's already shown to have them and their nothing but funny situations. Development is learning a lesson, changing in a gradual way or change. For example, Shinji learned to control his emotions better after being defeated by Jindai. Dento's Metro Sommelier talents were something he already had and just another hobby. In that case Iris's love of football and Dragons is development? :P His battling methods have hardly changed much either. But like I said, development smellhemelopment for Dento. He's still entertaining and I'm done with this debate since it's not going anywhere.

Yeah, enough of this.
    I agree with this.

There is a difference between "learning" and just being yourself.

I do think Cilan has learned or perhaps developed just in a minor sense. I think this was shown when Cilan was talking to Juniper in the Archen episode. Something Cilan learned about Ash, and trainers in general that I think helped him in his Sommelier "career."

But no, Cilan hasn't developed all that much, I believe Iris has "developed" more than Cilan.

Iris seems like she has a goal, like Ash, but Cilan's just there, he can be considered comedic, there for fun and stuff, but he's just there.

And the few things he does get (more than Brock ever got) is just utilizing his character's personality, skills, talents and traits.

Just nothing that is really considered "development" However what do you expect from an already A-Class Sommelier when there's only one class higher.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

By the end of the N arc, this is my wish list for ash:

Pikachu: quick attack/return, thunderbolt, electro ball, iron tail
    Charizard: flamethrower, seismic toss, steel wing/overheat, dragon pulse
    Unfezant: heat wave, quick attack, air cutter, aerial ace/gust
    Palpitoad: hydro pump, mud shot, supersonic, sludge wave
    Servine: leaf blade, leaf storm, attract, twister
    Leavanny: x-scissor, string shot, energy ball, solar beam
    Pignite: fire pledge, brick break, flame charge, flamethrower
    Boldore: rock blast, rock smash, flash cannon, stealth rock/earth power
    Scrafty: payback, headbutt/iron head, focus blast, high jump kick
    Oshawott: water pulse, ice beam, razor shell, hydro pump
    Krookodile: aerial ace, dig, dark pulse, dragon claw
    New capture: preferably electric or dragon

Iris:
    Excadrill: drill run, metal claw, focus blast, horn drill/poison jab
    Emolga: attract, discharge, acrobatics, volt switch/hidden power
    Dragonite: thunder punch, flamethrower, ice beam, dragon rush
    Axew: scratch, dragon rage, giga impact, dual chop(can it learn that?) [outrage if it ever returns]
    New capture before she leaves the show: preferably ice or dragon

Cilan:
    Pansage: seed bomb, dig, solar beam, rock tomb/bite
    Stunfisk: thunder, mud bomb, sludge bomb, scald
    Crustle: rock slide, shell smash, x scissor, rock wrecker
    Baby pokemon: preferably grass type or purrloin

Thoughts?
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

I'm not sure what Cilan's development has to do with the Next Pokemon Thread.
    Anyway I'm hoping we see Bianca again. We only saw three of her pokemon and probably because they wanted to fill the rest with non-Unovian pokemon?

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I'm not sure what Cilan's development has to do with the Next Pokemon Thread.
    Anyway I'm hoping we see Bianca again. We only saw three of her pokemon and probably because they wanted to fill the rest with non-Unovian pokemon?

You never considered giving a Pokémon to a character to develop the character itself relevant to the Next Pokémon thread.

A character being afraid of X type given X type to get over their fear is very relevant to this thread, because it's a reason to give X Pokémon to said character.

Edit: What is up with people and having problems with a slight swerve from the actual topic at hand. Seriously, it's going to happen people. You talk about Subject A), which leads to Subject B), people disagree or agree with Subject B by bringing up Subject C. I fail to see how that's off topic, when it still revolves around Topic A. People are so strict everywhere.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I agree with this.

There is a difference between "learning" and just being yourself.

I do think Cilan has learned or perhaps developed just in a minor sense. I think this was shown when Cilan was talking to Juniper in the Archen episode. Something Cilan learned about Ash, and trainers in general that I think helped him in his Sommelier "career."

But no, Cilan hasn't developed all that much, I believe Iris has "developed" more than Cilan.

Iris seems like she has a goal, like Ash, but Cilan's just there, he can be considered comedic, there for fun and stuff, but he's just there.

And the few things he does get (more than Brock ever got) is just utilizing his character's personality, skills, talents and traits.

Just nothing that is really considered "development" However what do you expect from an already A-Class Sommelier when there's only one class higher.
    Ok but he was saying that no development has happened to Dento which isn't true.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Ok but he was saying that no development has happened to Dento which isn't true.
    Minor development is pretty close to no development.

Cilan hasn't had any MAJOR development like say Ash (throughout the entire anime) or Iris has.

Giving Cilan a Purrloin and having Cilan develop from that capture would give Cilan MAJOR development.

You never considered giving a Pokémon to a character to develop the character itself relevant to the Next Pokémon thread.
    Yes I have.

A character being afraid of X type given X type to get over their fear is very relevant to this thread, because it's a reason to give X Pokémon to said character.
    Right like Misty got a bug type and Dawn got Plusle and Minun.

If one is going with the whole fears thing, it would make a lot more sense for Iris to get over Ice-type dislike due to Georgia, and Cilan get over his Purrloin dislike via Burgundy.

Cilan's development could be like Dawn by having the mean rival have the pokemon they dislike and having them get over it that way.

Edit: What is up with people and having problems with a slight swerve from the actual topic at hand. Seriously, it's going to happen people. You talk about Subject A), which leads to Subject B), people disagree or agree with Subject B by bringing up Subject C. I fail to see how that's off topic, when it still revolves around Topic A. People are so strict everywhere.
    Personally the whole Cilan getting a Purrloin was fine but when Doryuzu made the comment about it being Cilan's first development in BW. That opened the whole argument. If the discussion was about Purrloin and Cilan specifically then I wouldn't have said anything, but it became a whole thing about Cilan's goal than anything else. Of course I don't have the final say, the mods do, I was just making an observation.

Personally the whole Cilan getting a Purrloin was fine but when Doryuzu made the comment about it being Cilan's first development in BW. That opened the whole argument. If the discussion was about Purrloin and Cilan specifically then I wouldn't have said anything, but it became a whole thing about Cilan's goal than anything else. Of course I don't have the final say, the mods do, I was just making an observation.
    Thing is like I said, Cilan getting a Purrloin for development is relevant to this thread, because that's a REASON why someone would give Cilan a Purrloin, for development purposes.

It's not like suggesting Cilan gets a Dunsparce for the hell of it.

Like I said, deviations are going to happen when a statement like: Giving Cilan a Purrloin will give Cilan much needed development out of having little to no development whatsoever. It's bound to happen, I fail to see how it's off topic, since in the end it doesn't matter, because giving Cilan a Purrloin to get over his prejudice of the Pokémon is major development, no matter how you swing it.

If their any new Eeveelution then Ash should have got himself a Eevee !
    Specially if that is a Steel or Ghost eeveelution !
    Minor development is pretty close to no development.

Cilan hasn't had any MAJOR development like say Ash (throughout the entire anime) or Iris has.

Giving Cilan a Purrloin and having Cilan develop from that capture would give Cilan MAJOR development.
    What are you talking about ?
    Cilan got way more attention then Brock ever got !
    And Other supporter Anime Character like Cilan doesn't get as much as focus Cilan gets .
    Like Bronk from Yugioh Zexal .
    Do you forget about the Nursery Episode , Tag Battle Episode and all those detective Episode ?
    That what I'm talkiong about !!!
    Even though Cilan & Iris got plenty attention & their are in much better position then Ash , People still complain about they not getting any attention .

Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    Cilan got way more attention then Brock ever got !
    I addressed that, but it's not development. Brock developed far more than Cilan. However Cilan has received more attention as a character. Just so we're clear attention =/= development.

Now this is off topic and not relevant to this thread, so please just drop this already.

Edit:
    ===========
    ===========

I'm ****ing done with Oshawott, I want that loser Pokémon off Ash's team as soon as possible, trade, release, I don't freaking care I want it off Ash's team as soon as possible.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 31st January 2013 at 11:24 AM.

Oh, God, the Cheren battle. Oshawott needs to evolve ASAP!

Evolution will not save it, it needs to be traded or released, that's only thing that can save it. But that's just my opinion.

It should have evolved before or after Driftveil Gym. A certain someone will probably come on later and defend Oshawott claiming it is Ash's most important pokemon this generation.

A certain someone will probably come on later and defend Oshawott claiming it is Ash's most important pokemon this generation.
    LOL.

No seriously LOL.

If marketing Oshawott was so important, they should've given it to Iris or Cilan. At least then I wouldn't care if it constantly lost.

I told u guys he was gonna lose lol. When he is cocky he loses.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Evolution will not save it, it needs to be traded or released, that's only thing that can save it. But that's just my opinion.
    Evolution would save it more than a release would.If it evolved it cold have a few decent batles and then return later as a reserve to properly redeem itself.Trade or release would make things worse.
    Last edited by Luthor; 31st January 2013 at 11:52 AM.

LOL.

No seriously LOL.

If marketing Oshawott was so important, they should've given it to Iris or Cilan. At least then I wouldn't care if it constantly lost.
    According to my records Oshawott has been used 10 times in official matches and this is his record. Won - Draw - Loss [4 - 1 - 7]. Some people count practice matches between the group and fending off against wild pokemon. I don't. So I don't count Oshawott being used to fend off against Onix. Last win was vs Clay's Krokorok.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I told u guys he was gonna lose lol. When he is cocky he loses.
    He only lost because he went after his Scalchop, after Herdier knocked it away.

Wait a second! The opening to episode N had N watching the battle between the two in a cathedral-like buildiing. SO THAT MEANS! Cheren and Satoshi might battle again, in a cathedral like building and have a rematch! Mijumaru might get redeemed!

Page 530 of 694 FirstFirst ... 430480520526527528529530531532533534540580630 ... LastLast