Page 539 of 694 FirstFirst ... 439489529535536537538539540541542543549589639 ... LastLast
Results 13,451 to 13,475 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

  1. #13451
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    :$ how exactly waa it put to an end. Iris didn't defeat her, Dragonite did.
    Exactly. I swear, some members of this fandom........Georgia said at the end of the Junior Cup she looked forward to seeing how Dragonite would change in the future when they met again. And even if Iris defeats Georgia in the future I'd still love something akin to Drew/May in-terms out of how Georgia will be written out of the show with a "Rivals Forever!" type deal where Iris loses to Georgia or ties. She then gains some more confidence and goes on to battle Drayden again like she promised.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 8th February 2013 at 11:22 PM.

  2. #13452
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    :$ how exactly waa it put to an end. Iris didn't defeat her, Dragonite did.
    Doesn't see a big difference there. She defeated her with her disobedient powerhouse, with some logic now they should be stronger. I mean there is no coming back from that. and letting Georgia win isn't a thing I believe will happen there isn't enough time to reopen and conclude their rivalry!
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

  3. #13453
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Exactly. I swear, some members of this fandom........
    Actually, Ace is right. Dragonite didn't listen to Iris and technically Dragonite won the battle. Georgia even stated it herself.

  4. #13454
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Actually, Ace is right. Dragonite didn't listen to Iris and technically Dragonite won the battle. Georgia even stated it herself.
    I was agreeing with him that Dragonite won and not Iris. We had pretty much Iris and Georgia screaming that in our faces the whole competition. If anyone can't see that, I'm not sure what to say. Also, Dragonite most likely wouldn't be portrayed as that curbstomp-y in the rematch.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    Doesn't see a big difference there. She defeated her with her disobedient powerhouse, with some logic now they should be stronger. I mean there is no coming back from that. and letting Georgia win isn't a thing I believe will happen there isn't enough time to reopen and conclude their rivalry!
    A bit off-topic. Do I know you from Bulbagarden? :O

  5. #13455
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mind your business
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    Doesn't see a big difference there. She defeated her with her disobedient powerhouse, with some logic now they should be stronger. I mean there is no coming back from that. and letting Georgia win isn't a thing I believe will happen there isn't enough time to reopen and conclude their rivalry!
    Dragonite's win actually made Iris look bad. The fact that it took a disobedient powerhouse to defeat a rival that she was never able to best before didn't do her any wonders. The Junior Cup battle only benefited Dragonite when all is said and done.

  6. #13456
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I was agreeing with him that Dragonite won and not Iris. We had pretty much Iris and Georgia screaming that in our faces the whole competition. If anyone can't see that, I'm not sure what to say. Also, Dragonite most likely wouldn't be portrayed as that curbstomp-y in the rematch.
    Ahh, okay. I'm sure about that as well. If Dragonite does take part in their final battle, I'm sure it would be defeated opponents quickly as it did when it was first introduced.

  7. #13457
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Dragonite's win actually made Iris look bad. The fact that it took a disobedient powerhouse to defeat a rival that she was never able to best before didn't do her any wonders. The Junior Cup battle only benefited Dragonite when all is said and done.
    I didn't say Iris won it in a good way! The whole WTJC was a huge disappointment, like the whole BW2 "saga" till Episode N now! I mean they are giving away sloppy wins and defeats all over the Saga! I don't see a reason Iris to face Georgia again, maybe if she got a badge from Drayden to rub it in Iris face! Eventually than. I mean now there isn't enough time for that. I would rather see a well developed N saga than going into that again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post

    A bit off-topic. Do I know you from Bulbagarden? :O
    Yep same Nic! That is me! But currently I'm not visiting the Bulba anime section! The discussions are better here!

    When I visit bulba I go to the Games thread mostly!
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

  8. #13458
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    I didn't say Iris won it in a good way! The whole WTJC was a huge disappointment, like the whole BW2 "saga" till Episode N now! I mean they are giving away sloppy wins and defeats all over the Saga! I don't see a reason Iris to face Georgia again, maybe if she got a badge from Drayden to rub it in Iris face! Eventually than. I mean now there isn't enough time for that. I would rather see a well developed N saga than going into that again!
    Your point is invalid. Just because you don't see a reason, doesn't mean it won't happen. That Junior Cup was in no way a conclusion of their rivalry and Georgia made it clear that she will be back to challenge Iris aagin.

    And what to do you mean they don't have enough time? All it takes is 2 episodes max and they're done. Your exaggeration is sad.
    Last edited by HatersGonnaHate; 8th February 2013 at 11:58 PM.

  9. #13459
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,490

    Default

    The way serperior was handled was unforgivable. You do not sweep through multiple fire types and then forget your 2 best moves just in time for the league.

  10. #13460
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    Aww, that bird would of been awesome ....

    Although that bug looks like a weird Burmy/Wormadam mix lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  11. #13461
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Your point is invalid. Just because you don't see a reason, doesn't mean it won't happen. That Junior Cup was in no way a conclusion of their rivalry and Georgia made it clear that she will be back to challenge Iris aagin.

    And what to do you mean they don't have enough time? All it takes is 2 episodes max and they're done. Your exaggeration is sad.
    Just like all rivals do! They promise to face each other after a while. And just cause U want it to happen doesn't mean it will happen either!

    I was speaking from my point of view where I doesn't see that a fight between the 2 of them will contribute Iris development!
    and I explained that I don't want that to happen cause I want TP and N episodes and there isn't to much eps left for that.

    and U are clearly the one who is exaggerating cause U don't like what I have to say!

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Aww, that bird would of been awesome ....

    Although that bug looks like a weird Burmy/Wormadam mix lol.
    the sad tears filled eyes are pretty creepy but sweet at the same time!
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

  12. #13462
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    Oh ok thanks!

  13. #13463
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,419

    Default

    I was going to put rival battles here but then remember there was an Upcoming Battled thread so I moved it there. I'm actually hoping Georgia gets an Aggron to counter Dragonite.



  14. #13464
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I was going to put rival battles here but then remember there was an Upcoming Battled thread so I moved it there. I'm actually hoping Georgia gets an Aggron to counter Dragonite.
    I'd love that, but I also think Tyranitar would cool too since it hasn't been shown as much plus Aggron was a Pokemon under Paul's command and Conway had one iirc so something newer and fresher would be cool. Also Tyranitar was an Ad Pokemon during the time the BW2 games were revealed alongside Psyduck, Riolu, Metagross, Mareep, etc.

  15. #13465
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I'd love that, but I also think Tyranitar would cool too since it hasn't been shown as much plus Aggron was a Pokemon under Paul's command and Conway had one iirc so something newer and fresher would be cool. Also Tyranitar was an Ad Pokemon during the time the BW2 games were revealed alongside Psyduck, Riolu, Metagross, Mareep, etc.
    I seriously wouldn't have remembered Conways' Aggron. What an impression it left. ._. But, a Tyranitar is nice.

  16. #13466
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I'd love that, but I also think Tyranitar would cool too since it hasn't been shown as much plus Aggron was a Pokemon under Paul's command and Conway had one iirc so something newer and fresher would be cool. Also Tyranitar was an Ad Pokemon during the time the BW2 games were revealed alongside Psyduck, Riolu, Metagross, Mareep, etc.
    I said Aggron as it's part steel which resists Dragon moves like Bisharp.

    Dragon Rush/Double-Edge/Iron Head - Match to Dragon Rush
    Ice Punch - Match to ThudnerPunch.
    Metal Burst - Counter to Ice Beam
    Aqua Tail - Counter Flamethrower



  17. #13467
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    Just like all rivals do! They promise to face each other after a while. And just cause U want it to happen doesn't mean it will happen either!

    I was speaking from my point of view where I doesn't see that a fight between the 2 of them will contribute Iris development!
    and I explained that I don't want that to happen cause I want TP and N episodes and there isn't to much eps left for that.

    and U are clearly the one who is exaggerating cause U don't like what I have to say!
    The difference is that I'm talking through facts while you're talking through personal misguided delusion. It will happen because their rivalry wasn't concluded. Georgia said she'll be back and nothing you have can counter that. You wanting TP and N episodes changes nothing.


    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I was going to put rival battles here but then remember there was an Upcoming Battled thread so I moved it there. I'm actually hoping Georgia gets an Aggron to counter Dragonite.
    Doubt that will happen. Stephan already showed that the writers have no issues leaving a rival with just 3 pokemon. Plus, Georgia can use Bisharp against Dragonite, which works because they both have a connection through Druddigon. Bisharp beat a Druddigon in the Clubsplosion and Dragonite lost to a Druddigon against Drayden.
    Last edited by HatersGonnaHate; 9th February 2013 at 1:13 AM.

  18. #13468
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Doubt that will happen. Stephan already showed that the writers have no issues leaving a rival with just 3 pokemon. Plus, Georgia can use Bisharp against Dragonite, which works because they both have a connection through Druddigon. Bisharp beat a Druddigon in the Clubsplosion and Dragonite lost to a Druddigon against Drayden.
    I'm sorry that just feels like you are pushing for connections.



  19. #13469
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I'm sorry that just feels like you are pushing for connections.
    LOL that Druddigon connection is just a small one though. But I'll be surprised if Georgia gets anything new. I use to think it was possible, but Stephan has shown me that 3 could be it for Georgia.
    Last edited by HatersGonnaHate; 9th February 2013 at 2:52 AM.

  20. #13470
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mind your business
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    The way serperior was handled was unforgivable. You do not sweep through multiple fire types and then forget your 2 best moves just in time for the league.
    Or end up losing in the first rounds so no one else on the team could reappear again.

  21. #13471
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    LOL that Druddigon connection is just a small one though. But I'll be surprised if Georgia gets anything new. I use to think it was possible, but Stephan has shown me that 3 could be it for Georgia.
    Who knows as Stephan we only saw two until the league. We've seen 3 of Georgia's and 4 of Burgundy's.



  22. #13472
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Who knows as Stephan we only saw two until the league. We've seen 3 of Georgia's and 4 of Burgundy's.
    Yeah but other than Dewott, Burgundy's team is a mess. I mean what on earth happened to Stoutland and Sawsbuck? xD

  23. #13473
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Yeah but other than Dewott, Burgundy's team is a mess. I mean what on earth happened to Stoutland and Sawsbuck? xD
    Who knows but Darmanitan was used as fodder to glorify Serperior.



  24. #13474
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Yeah but other than Dewott, Burgundy's team is a mess. I mean what on earth happened to Stoutland and Sawsbuck? xD
    I don't know how she could show them off if the Junior Cup was a 1 v 1.

  25. #13475
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Who knows but Darmanitan was used as fodder to glorify Serperior.
    I'm still laughing that Serperior won all his matches when at a disadvantage, yet lost to Pikachu when it had the full advantage. (Dodging freaking Quick Attack, that's absurd)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    But I don't know... I really hope Charizard isn't Ash's only team change (taking the birds already diminished role)
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Page 539 of 694 FirstFirst ... 439489529535536537538539540541542543549589639 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •