Page 555 of 694 FirstFirst ... 455505545551552553554555556557558559565605655 ... LastLast
Results 13,851 to 13,875 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

I'm not really predicting it'll be caught be anybody, I'm not saying it won't, I just don't know what to think at the moment. If it does get captured, then I'd like if Dento caught it.
    Last edited by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama; 27th February 2013 at 9:44 PM.

Cilan really is most deserving of a new capture as he has gone the longest without a team change. Which is why I want Sableye to go to him, if it is captured by a member of the main cast

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    Cilan really is most deserving of a new capture as he has gone the longest without a team change. Which is why I want Sableye to go to him, if it is captured by a member of the main cast
    Sabeleye being caught by Cilan would be pretty worthless.. unless he stays to travel with Ash to the X and Y region.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Sabeleye being caught by Cilan would be pretty worthless.. unless he stays to travel with Ash to the X and Y region.
    there's nothing suggesting he won't stay so its possible. Then again there's nothing suggesting he will so who knows

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Yea, that's the main reason why people are wanting Dento to catch something, so it'll appear with him in Generation 6.

I hope that Sableye is Ash's. He doesn't have a ghost type yet and would probably go with him to the 6th region.
    I wouldn't mind if Cilan gets it though

Whoever catches it better be bringing it onto the next saga. So Ash or Cilan. It wouldn't do as much with Cilan but Ash already has too many Pokemon. If Ash does catch it, being an Aipom instead of a Gible is preferable.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Yea, that's the main reason why people are wanting Dento to catch something, so it'll appear with him in Generation 6.
    The problem with that is that Cilan's other Pokemon besides Pansage don't get enough air time as is, and if he gets a Sableye, it'd probably just rot in its Pokeball while hardly appearing. Ash has a lot of Pokemon, and so some don't get as much showing as others, but at least it'd get more appearances.
    Male or Female? You just never know, and that's one of the greatest things about these two~

I spy a 6th Gen evolution hint for Sableye. But big question is... who's gonna catch it?

I think it might be either Ash or Cilan, and my reasons why:

Ash: Aipom 2.0, evolves in the G6 anime
    Cilan: To give him a forth pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Konoko_Hasano View Post
    The problem with that is that Cilan's other Pokemon besides Pansage don't get enough air time as is, and if he gets a Sableye, it'd probably just rot in its Pokeball while hardly appearing. Ash has a lot of Pokemon, and so some don't get as much showing as others, but at least it'd get more appearances.
    If Sableye is being captured by one of them and if it's Dento, then he'll most likely use it a lot because it may have an evolution. Just like when Ash had Aipom. Well, he didn't use her that much, but still.

Well if it belongs to Dent I think it will be safe to assume Dent is definetly going to the 6gen region.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Well if it belongs to Dent I think it will be safe to assume Dent is definetly going to the 6gen region.
    I'm fairly sure he can still leave even with sabelye. Just look at togekiss.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I'm looking at a Aipom scenario, where Sableye gets a new evolution in the 6gen, so Dent would travel with Satoshi so we could see it evolve, ofc it can evolve before he leaves or in his eventual comeback for one or two episodes if he leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Togekiss didn't have a Gen V evolution.

It's likely Sableye will since it's appearance is random.

Remember with May she had both Munchlax and Eevee, and that didn't guarantee her stay. :/

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Remember with May she had both Munchlax and Eevee, and that didn't guarantee her stay. :/
    Brock had Bonsly however and did stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Brock had Bonsly however and did stay.
    But honestly I don't think that's a way how to tell if they'll stay or not.

Why didn't May stay then?

The obvious answer is Dawn, and no one had Brock's place back then.

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

It would be good if Ash finally get his first official ghost type/6th 3rd gen pokemon.

Ah, whatever, any of the three main characters is fine, I never did care about sableye, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Basically any interesting idea you have when speculating about new regions invariably ends with:
    - Ash showing up in a new region with Pikachu without a clue how to do anything besides battling and breathing;
    - He accidentally runs into the new new girl who will be the main companion;
    - He meets a creepy older gentleman* who will follow him around and do the things Ash apparently is either not smart enough to do, or expects that someone will it for him.

*Averted. Now, we have a gadget maniac and his hyper-active lil' sis.
    Platinum FC - 1075 8811 5380

Guess I forgot that example XD but it kinda only applies to Eevee, Munchlax was the new pre evo that evolves to a known old evolution so Munchlax was the one that needed promotion and he did come pretty earlier and got to appear a lot.

I like the new poster, indeed. Mewtwo looks really good in it. However, I admit that as many of you, what it really calls my attention is the Sableye. Honestly, I really hope this will be a new capture for Ash, not Cilan as some have said. There's many reasons for me to believe to be a new capture for Ash, so I will explain them to you:

1ş) Some of you think of this as a repetition of Ash's Aipom, which I admit it can happen. I mean, which other reason to make a main character to capture an old Pokemon that to introduce a new evolution or pre-evolution in some chases? I think Cilan and Iris will stay with Ash for the next generation's adventure, but yet, I want Ash to be the one who captures the Sableye.

2ş) Ash's capturing a Sableye won't be comparable just with Ash's Aipom, but also with Brock's Sudowoodo. You see, when the original trio (Ash, Misty and Brock) were traveling through the Johto's region, I always thought that Sudowoodo was a potential good capture for Brock's team; mainly because it's a rare Rock type and his family have a Pokemon Gym about Rock types. So, I was really disappointed when Brock didn't capture a Sudowoodo back in the episode "Type Casting". Several years later, however, Brock finally got this Pokemon through the evolution of its new introduced "pre-evolution", Bonsly. So that was really satisfactory for me.

Something similar happened back when the Hoenn's group (Ash, May, Max and Brock) were traveling through Hoenn, I always thought that Sableye was a very good capture for Ash (I'll explain the main reasons after this). You see, as his "Hoenn's team", Ash only capture 5 Pokemon (Taillow-Swellow, Treecko-Grovyle-Sceptile, Corphish, Torkoal and Snorunt-Glalie). It was a good team, but I always thought that Ash should have captured 6 Pokemon to have a full "Hoenn's Pokemon team". Pikachu's position as Ash's sixth and "permament" Pokemon in his team was a problem to capture 6 Hoenn's Pokemon, but not if we consider that the link between Kanto and Hoenn was working back then. If you remember, while they were still in Hoenn (episode "Hokey PokeBalls"), Ash could call his Bulbasaur from Oak's Laboratory so it could play with May's new Bulbasaur. Sadly, he has to send it back in the same episode when the Pokemon in Oak's Lab started to fight once again. Anyway, the point is, if Ash have had 6 Pokemon in that moment (counting Pikachu, Taillow, Grovyle, Corphish and his "new" Torkoal), Ash would have to send the sixth Pokemon to Oak to receive Bulbasaur. Then, repeating what it happened to Heracross in Johto, Oak keeps the sixth Pokemon for a while to study it. And the perfect sixth Pokemon that Ash could have captured in that moment was the wild Sableye Ash's befriended back in the episode "Ready, Willing and Sableye!". That episode was a perfect opportunity for Ash.

3ş) The main reasons because I thought in Sableye as a good Pokemon for Ash are easy to see. First and foremost, because it was about time for Ash to finally catch a Ghost Type Pokemon, especially since the big dilemma that Ash never captured Haunter officially in Kanto. And now that I'm talking about Haunter, the second reason to see Sableye as an ideal Pokemon for Ash is because his strong resemblance to Haunter. The teeth, the spikes around the head, the claws... It makes me think about Haunter everytime I see a Sableye. Ash always capture Pokemon similar to his old ones, just like Corphish is similar to Krabby/Kingler, Leavanny has some curious resemblance to Butterfree and most of his Normal/Flying types are almost identical (Swellow and Unfezant, Pidgeot and Staraptor... etc) So, capturing a Ghost Pokemon similar to one he "almost" captured seems very appropiate for Ash. Finally, considering one of the Pokemon Gym from Hoenn's region is about Psychic Pokemon (Mossdeep Gym, with Solrock and Lunatone), a Ghost type would have been perfect for Ash in this Gym battle; especially when Psychic Pokemon are one of the most difficult types to battles, just like Ghost and Dragon types. And as a bonus, a Sableye could have been very useful to Ash in the Battle Frontier's trip; especially in the Battle Tower against Anabel's Psychic Pokemon. Don't you think?

Well, what do you think of this? Don't tell me the posibilities for Ash to capture the Sableye are not considerables. I really hope Ash will catch this Pokemon. His old friend Charizard may will return, but it's not the same as catching a new Pokemon and a new friend/partner to his team, right?

If Sableye (very exciting choice) is to be the new Aipom then I hope it to dose not end up being traded away then released for no reason what so ever. If it goes to Ash then please let him keep it throughout!
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Seems like Sableye is suddenly popular, and I mean that literally. I've never even seen anyone talk about the possibility of a Sableye joining the cast until that new movie poster was revealed. I personally have no opinion on the species and given that at least one of the three main characters will leave at the end of BW, there's a 1 in 3 chance that Sableye's time in the main cast will be severely limited if it is in fact captured by a main character. I mean this could even be another Eevee scenario where it belongs to another character.

Watch as that Sableye becomes the one Pokemon that will humiliate Ash with another badly-handed defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Seems like Sableye is suddenly popular, and I mean that literally. I've never even seen anyone talk about the possibility of a Sableye joining the cast until that new movie poster was revealed. I personally have no opinion on the species and given that at least one of the three main characters will leave at the end of BW, there's a 1 in 3 chance that Sableye's time in the main cast will be severely limited if it is in fact captured by a main character. I mean this could even be another Eevee scenario where it belongs to another character.
    I'm a bit of the same. It's been one of those Pokemon that was just there for me. If it does get captured, then I'll probably like it over time.

But May caught Munchlax like ... a year before leaving, and during the Battle Frontier saga, it had lots of screentime, same with Eevee that had 2 contests and a GF match as an Eevee, but I agree that getting a Pokémon doesn´t guarantee that a character will stay.

Watch Sableye belonging to Virgil or Cameron
    Last edited by Squirtle_007; 28th February 2013 at 3:38 AM.

Page 555 of 694 FirstFirst ... 455505545551552553554555556557558559565605655 ... LastLast