Page 562 of 694 FirstFirst ... 462512552558559560561562563564565566572612662 ... LastLast
Results 14,026 to 14,050 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    I thought the regional bird was the first bird-like Pokemon found in a region and introduced on said region. So:

Kanto > Pidgey
    Johto > Hoothoot
    Hoenn > Taillow
    Sinnoh > Starly
    Unova > Pidove

For the same reason exist the regional rodents:

Kanto > Rattata
    Johto > Sentret
    Hoenn > Zigzagoon
    Sinnoh > Bidoof
    Unova > Patrat
    Thats what I said but its a fanmade term for us to classify those birds and roedents, we are saying the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Thats what I said but its a fanmade term for us to classify those birds and roedents, we are saying the same thing.
    Oh, ok. I wanted to clarify that. And yeah, it's a simple fan made term, just like HM Slave and Pseudo-legendary.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    2. Dark\Psychic\Fighing don't make an elemental circle because Dark is immune to Psychic type moves. If you want more elemental circles similar to Fire\Grass\Water then we have Fire\Rock\Grass and Fire\Rock\Steel. But a Rock or Steel type starter is too farfetch'd.
    We had a Steel type starter... Empoleon remember, making Sinnoh have Fighting/Ground/Steel along side Fire/Grass/Water
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

All the birds Ash caught are the MAIN regional birds players are forced to see first in the games, even if some of them are almost useless.

Lots of posts to quote and so little time. Here goes nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    Actually it is. The Hoothoot line is the regional bird line of Johto...
    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Since when is it not the regional bird?

What does that mean?

He means its not the regional bird, thats what he wrote but the regional bird thing is a term made by us fans anyway, Skarmory is a Johto Regional bird also, Fearrow is a Kanto regional bird also but he means he is not the term we made up aka Pidgeot, Swellow, Staraptor and Unfezant when actually yes Noctowl is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Pidgeot, Noctowl, Swellow, Staraptor and Unfezant are Ash's 'regional birds', but like PepsiPlunge said, other Pokemon such as Fearow, Murkrow, Braviary etc. are regional birds too, it's simply a fan term.

If Ash caught Fearow instead of Pidgeot, people would say that 'Fearow' is the regional bird when in reality it's just a fan term for Ash's captures.
    I know that regional bird is a fan made term and I know I should have explained it when I quoted that person. Well here comes the explanation:

There are few rules that make a bird the regional bird:
    1. It should be readily available. This doesn't mean like the first Pokemon available should be regional bird. It simply means an easy to find Pokemon.
    2. It should be a flying type. It doesn't matter if it is Normal type or not.
    3. It should be available in its localized in all circumstances(This one is important). This means the availability of the bird should not be hindered but weather, time of day or any in-game event.
    4. It shouldn't require any special method to appear.
    5. It should be available in most number of location when compared to other flying types of that region.

These are all that makes a Pokemon regional bird. These are fan made rules and I am sure many people here know about them. Fan made rules are important similar to religion, you don't know the person who made the rules yet you follow them in order to remain a part of community.
    I don't think I am the only one who knows that Pidgey line is the regional bird of Johto as well as Kanto because of the above mentioned rules.

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    He means Noctowl is not a generic bird, I think.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    Flying/Rock/Fighting makes another circle
    Yes forgot about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    We had a Steel type starter... Empoleon remember, making Sinnoh have Fighting/Ground/Steel along side Fire/Grass/Water
    Steel type on Empoleon was fine but can you imagine Steel type on a lvl 5 starter? Imagine you head out on Route 1 and there Youngster Joey challenges you. Now it doesn't matter if his Rattata is in the top percentage of all Rattata, it would be useless. All its attacks would be Not very Effective. Now Imagine this on a bigger scale. There would be no challenge at all, at least for first four gyms. You can try Nuzlocke but I am sure most people don't do that. If the game becomes less challenging then most people would not be interested in playing it and in turn GF would lose a lot of money and I am sure they wouldn't want that. That's why Steel type starter is farfetch'd.

I know that regional bird is a fan made term and I know I should have explained it when I quoted that person. Well here comes the explanation:

There are few rules that make a bird the regional bird:
    1. It should be readily available. This doesn't mean like the first Pokemon available should be regional bird. It simply means an easy to find Pokemon.
    2. It should be a flying type. It doesn't matter if it is Normal type or not.
    3. It should be available in its localized in all circumstances(This one is important). This means the availability of the bird should not be hindered but weather, time of day or any in-game event.
    4. It shouldn't require any special method to appear.
    5. It should be available in most number of location when compared to other flying types of that region.

These are all that makes a Pokemon regional bird. These are fan made rules and I am sure many people here know about them. Fan made rules are important similar to religion, you don't know the person who made the rules yet you follow them in order to remain a part of community.
    I don't think I am the only one who knows that Pidgey line is the regional bird of Johto as well as Kanto because of the above mentioned rules.
    I disagree, there is no real terms for a regional bird Pokemon.

Each to their own though.

I just call them the first bird.

Since they all happen to be the first bird you see and can catch.

Ash should by all means evolve pignite before BW is over. Boldore sould be traded for another trade evolver, Scraggy can evolve in a future filler arc.
    Last edited by LizardonX; 5th March 2013 at 10:50 PM.

They all share that they're all obtainable early in the game and they're at the beginning of their respective regional pokedex and the entire line is Normal/Flying. I do agree that in the first generation you could see Spearow as one too, however this can't be said about other generations and so it is obvious that there is such thing as a regional bird, at least to me.

Just like someone else said that every region has a Normal type rodent (Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Bidoof, Patrat) and that every region has an electric rodent like pokemon with the round cheeks.(pikachu, pichu, plusle/minun, pachirisu, emolga)

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I just call them the first bird.

Since they all happen to be the first bird you see and can catch.

Ash should by all means evolve pignite before BW is over. Boldore sould be traded for another trade evolver, Scraggy can evolve in a future filler arc.
    If Brock returns and Geodude evolved he could trade to evolve with Ash

Steel type on Empoleon was fine but can you imagine Steel type on a lvl 5 starter? Imagine you head out on Route 1 and there Youngster Joey challenges you. Now it doesn't matter if his Rattata is in the top percentage of all Rattata, it would be useless. All its attacks would be Not very Effective. Now Imagine this on a bigger scale. There would be no challenge at all, at least for first four gyms. You can try Nuzlocke but I am sure most people don't do that. If the game becomes less challenging then most people would not be interested in playing it and in turn GF would lose a lot of money and I am sure they wouldn't want that. That's why Steel type starter is farfetch'd.
    Okay, now I see what you mean
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Okay, now I see what you mean
    Joey can always use super fang to halve your Hp, or use endeavour/QA combo to finish your pokemon off. Top 1 percent remember?

Now that I think of it. Ash should capture a rodent com mon. He has all of the first birds, but none of the small animals like ratata or zizagoon or bidoof.

Joey can always use super fang to halve your Hp, or use endeavour/QA combo to finish your pokemon off. Top 1 percent remember?

Now that I think of it. Ash should capture a rodent com mon. He has all of the first birds, but none of the small animals like ratata or zizagoon or bidoof.
    Roedants are weak and bland for Satoshi according to people in the forum.

A Watchog would certaintly be more useful then a Snivy or Oshawott.

Roedants are weak and bland for Satoshi according to people in the forum.

A Watchog would certaintly be more useful then a Snivy or Oshawott.
    If its anything BWS2 has taught us its that watchog is supposed to be good on the show.

What is up with all the constant chastising of Snivy and Oshawott? I am sure they can both beat a Watchog, unless it is deemed a special one. I guarantee if that was Cameron's 6th pokemon, Snivy or Unfezant would have easily defeated it before losing to Riolu/Lucario, which is what probably should have happened actually.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    What is up with all the constant chastising of Snivy and Oshawott? I am sure they can both beat a Watchog, unless it is deemed a special one. I guarantee if that was Cameron's 6th pokemon, Snivy or Unfezant would have easily defeated it before losing to Riolu/Lucario, which is what probably should have happened actually.
    It's the norm around here. Like, you can expect either Snivy or Oshawott to be mentioned and dragged at least once a day like clockwork. And I'm actually wondering how Watchog is relevant at the moment. Was there some new merchandise or something? Because the last bit of information that I saw was something about Sableye appearing in the upcoming movie (like two weeks ago, yes I'm behind on the times) and some sticker/tattoo sets that don't seem integral to the anime. I'm just wondering how these things directly relate to the upcoming episodes. :x

No because it would/should have been the rigthful victory of Pignite so it can continue the fire starter tradition of wiping out 3 of the rival's 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    It's the norm around here. Like, you can expect either Snivy or Oshawott to be mentioned and dragged at least once a day like clockwork. And I'm actually wondering how Watchog is relevant at the moment. Was there some new merchandise or something? Because the last bit of information that I saw was something about Sableye appearing in the upcoming movie (like two weeks ago, yes I'm behind on the times) and some sticker/tattoo sets that don't seem integral to the anime. I'm just wondering how these things directly relate to the upcoming episodes. :x
    It isn't, but it's been relevant because of the last episode aired. I am sure that episode will be the final and last time it will ever star in anything ever again.
    Also, I highly doubt Ash will catch a sableye. If he does, wooo, but i just can't see it.
    I think the constant bickering toward Snivy and Oshawott is a result of people being upset they never evolved. I will forever love and root for those two, although I really do wish they evolved.

No because it would/should have been the rigthful victory of Pignite so it can continue the fire starter tradition of wiping out 3 of the rival's 6.
    Weren't you just saying in another thread that Ash should drop Pikachu for Charizard to break traditions? Having Pignite star and defeat three pokemon would be repetitive. I would rather see Krookidile do that, or Pikachu to be honest. Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing Snivy slay the competition and be the starring pokemon against Trip (if there is ever to be a 6 vs 6 battle between Ash/Trip), just so that all the youtube commentators, and everyone else be upset that an unevolved pokemon defeated a tough rival.
    Last edited by jrizza88; 6th March 2013 at 5:42 AM.

I've noticed that too. Because there certainly wasn't this much Oshawott and Snivy disdain before, those two seem to be getting a lot of flak often. I honestly don't think they're that bad, sure Oshawott does come off as tad Piplup-y due to the unevolved, comedic, Water-type status but I don't think the thing deserves to be hated heavily. I find him vastly better than Piplup and then Snivy who has stagnated the whole series. I don't even dislike her either, I'm a bit bored of her but that's all. I'm sure she'll get something when her old trainer shows up in the show, the writers did go out of their way to reference it in Tepig's evolution episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I've noticed that too. Because there certainly wasn't this much Oshawott and Snivy disdain before, those two seem to be getting a lot of flak often. I honestly don't think they're that bad, sure Oshawott does come off as tad Piplup-y due to the unevolved, comedic, Water-type status but I don't think the thing deserves to be hated heavily. I find him vastly better than Piplup and then Snivy who has stagnated the whole series. I don't even dislike her either, I'm a bit bored of her but that's all. I'm sure she'll get something when her old trainer shows up in the show, the writers did go out of their way to reference it in Tepig's evolution episode.
    Then she'll either decide to evolve or not evolve that episode lol. I just wonder at this point, if she came across her old trainer, that she would purposely not want to evolve if she faces a fully evolved mon.

Weren't you just saying in another thread that Ash should drop Pikachu for Charizard to break traditions? Having Pignite star and defeat three pokemon would be repetitive. I would rather see Krookidile do that, or Pikachu to be honest. Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing Snivy slay the competition and be the starring pokemon against Trip (if there is ever to be a 6 vs 6 battle between Ash/Trip), just so that all the youtube commentators, and everyone else be upset that an unevolved pokemon defeated a tough rival.
    I only want to break the bad traditions lol. The good ones can stay.

And I will obligate ciccone. Hell no to snivy slaying Trip, she shouldn't even be used because levanny is so much better. Who can win battles without using the auto win button known as attract, which ash was also pretty dumb not to use on riolu/lucario. That more than anything proved he wanted to lose.

I only want to break the bad traditions lol. The good ones can stay.
    ugh no! If my beloved pikachu left the show, I would hope all of Ash's pokemon in the new region stay unevolved and piss all of you off lol. A fire pokemon tourney would be so good somehow, if it included all of the fire mons, give redemption to torkoal for being the worst, and evolving Pignite maybe.

ugh no! If my beloved pikachu left the show, I would hope all of Ash's pokemon in the new region stay unevolved and piss all of you off lol. A fire pokemon tourney would be so good somehow, if it included all of the fire mons, give redemption to torkoal for being the worst, and evolving Pignite maybe.
    Only if they all have hands

Having hands seem to be the single biggest similarity between Ash's unevolved pokemon.

I'm sure Watchog can beat them too, I got no problem with them, I'm making King Watchog reigning supreme little footsoldiers like Snivy and Oshawott can do well also obviously but the King is the King.

I see someone trying to serve truth tea in a post but it seems like its not actually truth tea, got it mixed with troll tea it seems.

And Quilava
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 6th March 2013 at 6:04 AM.

I remember a month ago,or more...there was an article about the game developers moving to a cold region...Iceland or the South Pole...I don't remember.One of them said that Ash would become more depressed...?Do you guys remember the article?Does anyone have the link?

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Who can honestly put Snivy in the same category with Oshawott in terms of how much it is used!? Snivy pops up more often than the reserves, granted but it could appear every episode between now and Ash dumping her to go to the Gen 6 region and still not yet have as many appearances as Oshawott.

The really irritating is that for all of Oshawott's appearances that have been a huge factor in the majority of other team members getting hardly any screentime, there has been very little meaningful development. He just pops up to act daft, loses and then goes away. At least when Infernape, Sceptile and Charizard have hogged in the past they have been highly developed (particularly the two fire-types) and have fully EVOLVED! I just see all the time Oshawott as had as a waste considering his evolutionary form and moveset alongside a sheer lack of progression. The same is kind of true of Snivy but she hasn't had half of the screentime Osahwott has had.

At least with Bulbasaur we knew why he didn't evolve, even if I still hated the fact. He still was shown as strong also. With Oshawott and Snivy there has been no explanation for them being so disgracefully unevolved so late in the game.
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

Page 562 of 694 FirstFirst ... 462512552558559560561562563564565566572612662 ... LastLast