Page 572 of 694 FirstFirst ... 472522562568569570571572573574575576582622672 ... LastLast
Results 14,276 to 14,300 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Two new 2013 movie merchandisear were announced to be released in April. These were announced a while ago but there weren't any pics until now so I waited for a while.

Pokémon Pose Figure set for April 22nd.

Dice set for 15th. The only news here is that dices contain Herdier and Cinccino; and I think this is the first appearance of Sableye in the merch.
    Maybe Cinccino is Bianca's.
    Herdier's is probably Cheren's but it would be a good choice for Cilan's team.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Dunno whats with your atitude latelly.

I asked because you on top of saying that Togepi wasn't a battling pokemon you made an unecessary comment of me making excuses for being wrong, which is not my thing, unless we were talking about the Oshawott situation thats why that came to mind, ramblings?
    one poses an argument, one trolls, one joke hates I don't see any ramblings maybe nonsense I guess.

What the heck does Totodile and Togepi have to do with your Isshu hate? and you don't care but latelly you changed your atitude(giving agressive answers out of nowhere) around here because of it? weird, well looking at those episodes you skipped some pretty good ones(or not in your opinion), I would say the Cottone, Litwick and Sawsbuck are passable but thats the general opinion weather you like BW or not.

I also didn't think you were one of those people that don't watch episodes but comment on them.

Like I said I was expecting the Togepi comment from someone and like I said he was made to showcase a baby a useless one at that, yes he wasn't made for battling.
    You said it was an era were ALL pokemon were made for battling which is not true.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    You said it was an era were ALL pokemon were made for battling which is not true.
    Did you read my other post?(and this last one) I knew someone would come with the Togepi argument and I already explained it.

So were there dancing contests and Totodile was supposed to be a dancer instead of a battler?

Did you read my other post?(and this last one) I knew someone would come with the Togepi argument and I already explained it.

So were there dancing contests and Totodile was supposed to be a dancer instead of a battler?
    I hate butting in to conversations like this...

But no, nothing implied Totodile was suppose to be anything but a battler who had a lot of enthusiasm and energy. The only thing in Johto that could have implied otherwise was the circus performance thing where he fell in love with that Azumarill. Even then though, a circus (or whatever it was) would have been a pretty lame ditch episode
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

That's not the point, I'm not talking about that. I'm saying that certain pokemon are made for battle(Staryu, Quilava, Chimchar etc, etc....) while others are there to look cute or for other reasons.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Two new 2013 movie merchandisear were announced to be released in April. These were announced a while ago but there weren't any pics until now so I waited for a while.

Pokémon Pose Figure set for April 22nd.

Dice set for 15th. The only news here is that dices contain Herdier and Cinccino; and I think this is the first appearance of Sableye in the merch.
    Herdier and Cinccino; two Pokemon that could belong to anyone in the anime or could simply be on merchandise just because. I don't feel excited about the merchandise to be honest, especially when there's a chance that it has absolutely nothing to do with an upcoming episode/movie/whatever. Speaking of which, that Eevee evolution reign just won't let up. Why did the writers focus so much on them in the anime if they were also going to appear in a Pikachu short? I'm literally drowning in Eevee family hype. SOS!

And was someone implying that Oshawott's role in the anime "changed," or was the conversation about my good sis Totodile? 'Cause if it's about the former....

That's not the point, I'm not talking about that. I'm saying that certain pokemon are made for battle(Staryu, Quilava, Chimchar etc, etc....) while others are there to look cute or for other reasons.
    My point is Togepi was there to showcase a baby pokemon, thats why they didn't make it battle, yes Phanpy did battle but apparently they made the decision of making Togepi just useless because yes it was cute but dancing around and getting less attention then the other two starters is not making a pokemon join Satoshi because its cute, look at Piplup and Oshawott, their cuteness and personalities are their main thing and they are constantly appearing due to that, Totodile wasn't in that situation.

Anyway all of this because people don't respect Totodile strength because it danced around...people can say Bayleaf and Cyndaquil got more attention battle wise but we can't say Totodile is weak because of getting less battles and this comes to the whole powerlevels thing once agian,all you guys are trying to pump Charizard for example and I'm just messing with you with the whole Pikachu thing(even though I'm rgiht) but power fluctuate like that, Pikachu lost to Electrivire and then drew with a Latios it wasn't even reseted, what happened to Pikachu? is he a sayian now? he loses heals and becomes stronger just because? no pokemon will be weaker or strong according to the plot, we had plenty of examples of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I hate butting in to conversations like this...

But no, nothing implied Totodile was suppose to be anything but a battler who had a lot of enthusiasm and energy. The only thing in Johto that could have implied otherwise was the circus performance thing where he fell in love with that Azumarill. Even then though, a circus (or whatever it was) would have been a pretty lame ditch episode
    That was a rhetoric question Joltik .
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 12th March 2013 at 5:34 AM.

Herdier and Cinccino, two Pokemon that Cheren owns. I'm thinking Cheren's Pokemon.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 12th March 2013 at 5:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Herdier and Cinccino, two Pokemon that Cheren owns. I'm thinking Cheren's Pokemon.
    I'm thinking its just movie pokemon, Herdier is confirmed sicne we saw it in the trailer.

Damn that picture in your sig is awesome.

That was a rhetoric question Joltik .
    Damn it... I always fall for those

Oh well, it's just ludicrous to apply categories of battlers to this show (even for contest)

Right in the nostegia (I could make something that awesome TT_TT)
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

S'ank you, S'ank you. I think it looks awesome too.

Anyway, weighing in on the Totodile discussion.

Don't quite understand the Totodile thing in this thread, looks can be deceiving. Totodile was cute and a very marketable Pokemon but that doesn't change the fact he was shown to be strong and had one of, imo, the best personalities in this whole show. When he wanted to be serious he could be serious, like after getting roasted by Charizard and making comeback in the midst of the battle. His "battle dancing" was his quirk, he would dance to dodge attacks sometimes or would dance around with energy while battling. Biting on Sneasel and dancing about to fling the thing up and down for example or dancing on Kingdra's Hydro Pump to evade it. Beating a Charizard, Kingdra, and Sneasel still seems pretty impressive to me, despite the fact his gym battles were lopsided and he only ever battled Whitney's Miltank in vain I still thought he was strong.

The discussion is people saying Totodile is Satoshi weakest water type because he doesn't have good wins or his wins apparently don't count because it involves some comedy, I said he has better wins then Squirtle and arguably Oshawott(Oshawott has good wins) in their original run.

Well then what is his weakest water.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Squirtle had the worst original run to this day

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Squirtle had the worst original run to this day
    Yup but once again who the heck cares about powerlevels if they want they bring back Totodile it beats an Hydreigon and people can't somehow deny its stronger then Squirtle for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    OMFG!!!! Please let me use that pic in your sig *begs*

My whole point on Totodile was that he just doesn't interest me as much as most pokemon which is why I said that at least all the Croconaw/Gabite speculation would end if he went into dance training lol.

Why is strength in battle suddenly the best indicator of a good Pokemon though? Like, I think relevance is more important; Ash can have tons of powerful Pokemon but if they're not relevant then they're obsolete in my opinion. That's why I usually pay dust to his reserve Pokemon especially Palpitoad. You know, our poor friend who disappeared for like nine months because the writers didn't know how or where to showcase him. I just don't know why we're rating Ash's Water-types based on wins when the anime has seen a drastic shift from when it was mostly about battling to where it is now. Besides, we all know Oshawott would be #1 anyway.

OMFG!!!! Please let me use that pic in your sig *begs*

My whole point on Totodile was that he just doesn't interest me as much as most pokemon which is why I said that at least all the Croconaw/Gabite speculation would end if he went into dance training lol.
    So you wouldn't like either to evolve? didn't know you hated Totodile also, I know you dislike Gible yeah, I can't look at things that way to me its just not logical as I said back in the start of BW, I'm not a huge disliker of any pokemon but I have a few exceptions, I don't like Vanilittle and Gear evolutions even though I like the first forms but if they were in the team I would to see them get as good treatment as any pokemon I like.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I think it's between Oshawott, Totodile and Palpitoad. While his strongest are between Buizel, Squirtle, Kingler and Corphish.

Yup but once again who the heck cares about powerlevels if they want they bring back Totodile it beats an Hydreigon and people can't somehow deny its stronger then Squirtle for example.
    Because people only see what they want to see... since Pikachu is hated in this forum, of coarse Charizard looks a whole lot better, just like his loses as well. I don't get the double standard we have here, a lost is a lost no matter if the opponent is rookie or a veteran. Totodile gets unjust treatment being called his weakest because it apparently didn't win a single battle, just didn't lose many either ^^;

Squitle was likely his weakest before Oshawott dropped it's development all together.

So you wouldn't like either to evolve? didn't know you hated Totodile also, I know you dislike Gible yeah, I can't look at things that way to me its just not logical as I said back in the start of BW, I'm not a huge disliker of any pokemon but I have a few exceptions, I don't like Vanilittle and Gear evolutions even though I like the first forms but if they were in the team I would to see them get as good treatment as any pokemon I like.
    No, I wouldn't mind if Totodile evolved, I'm just not holding my breath. I don't hate him, I'm just indifferent towards him lol.

I would say Corphish, Buizel, Kingler, Palpitoad, Totodile, then Oshawott.

Totodile is also lacking in the fact that he is Gen 2. The anime has changed a lot battle-wise. I'm sure if Oshawott were the gen 2 water starter, this discussion would be about him and Totodile would be better off.

I'm just tired of seeing Ash's main water types (excludes Kingler and Palpitoad) remaining in their base forms. As well as having the secondary water-types being neglected.

Quote Originally Posted by Buechs44 View Post
    I would say Corphish, Buizel, Kingler, Palpitoad, Totodile, then Oshawott.

Totodile is also lacking in the fact that he is Gen 2. The anime has changed a lot battle-wise. I'm sure if Oshawott were the gen 2 water starter, this discussion would be about him and Totodile would be better off.
    So I assume Squirtle is between Kingler and Palpitoad

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    I think it's between Oshawott, Totodile and Palpitoad. While his strongest are between Buizel, Squirtle, Kingler and Corphish.
    Wait Kingler is one of his strongest? I don't think so. He may have solo'd one battle at the Indigo League, but he flopped hard at the Whirl Cup tournament; I mean he lost to Psyduck for Christ's sake. That's shameful. But isn't it ironic that a lot of people bash Ash's un-evolved Pokemon, yet three un-evolved Water-types are considered to be top tier? Paradox.

Page 572 of 694 FirstFirst ... 472522562568569570571572573574575576582622672 ... LastLast