Page 573 of 694 FirstFirst ... 473523563569570571572573574575576577583623673 ... LastLast
Results 14,301 to 14,325 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    So I assume Squirtle is between Kingler and Palpitoad
    I knew I forgot someone! And yes, between Kingler and Palpitoad. Ugh, stupid me.

I personally think Corphish is the strongest, in every battle he participated in I pretty much remember him going beast mode against most opponents. Unlike Kingler, Corphish actually was on the team for a long amount of time and we get a reliable indicator of his strength. Kingler might have made a clean sweep at the Kanto League and beaten Misty's Poliwhirl but that's not a huge indicator of being a very strong super reliable Pokemon to me. Squirtle, I don't remember much of him outside of taking down an Electabuzz and Quilava using his honed firefighting skills and taking down a Starmie with that brand-new Hydro Pump and helping weaken Drake's Dragonite. Buizel, I thought was strong but kinda waned in strength near the middle to the end of DP. Just didn't feel impressive after he lost his rough, tough stand-offish demeanor in early DP. Totodile was pretty good, imo, beating a Charizard and Kingdra in itself is impressive. Kingdra especially was a Pokemon that none of Ash's Pokemon would have been able to defeat against Clair supposedly at the Blackthorn City Gym and Charizard was a Pokemon owned by the Battle Park and trained quite exceptionally well to use moves outside of the norm. Oshawott seemed on mend to be a very strong trainer in early BW, I don't know what happened though. He was shown to be strong enough to one-shot Timburr, beat Clay's Krokorok, get some development with learning to not use his scalchop and beating Blitzle, and starring in the first Unova Gym. In order, I'd say it would be:

1.Corphish
    2.Squirtle
    3.Buizel
    4.Totodile / Kingler
    6.Oshawott
    7.Palpitoad

Whoops, almost forgot about Squirtle's victory over Brandon's Ninjask.

Keep in mind, I'm a huge Oshawott fan. I'm kinda attributing his string of losses to being in unfavorable situations rather than being a weak or badly trained Pokemon, Ash didn't have a chance against Bianca's father because the plot required he win, Oshawott got used as fodder against Hydreigon, Herdier, and Pansear to show off the respective trainer's power and, again, for the plot of the episode, he's just the "go-to" Pokemon for these types of deals because he's comedic and a joking Pokemon, situations where there really isn't a snowball's chance in hell of Ash being successful.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 12th March 2013 at 5:58 AM.

I would say:

Corphish->Buizel->Kingler->Squirtle->Palpitoad->Mijumaru
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

1. Kingler=Corphish: Both crustaceans showed to be Ash's best water pokemon, the former with its sheer force and the later for its bulk. Corphish evolving to Crawdaunt might move it up alone to the 1st place.

3. Squirtle: Has awesome defenses, like Corphish, but it lacks a better moveset and more wins and evolve.

4. Buizel: It started awesome, and it's a cool pokemon, but after learning Ice Punch it had less victories than before and became really frail.

5. Palpitoad: The speaker toad was higher than Buizel in my charts because it has varied moves and Hydro pump, but its battle againt Zebraika in the league was awful.

6. Totodile: I don't know if it has less wins than Oshawott, but it dances more than battles and it's very frail. However, I enjoyed its battles better than the otter, and it never lost against pokemon it had the advantage at.

7. Oshawott: Only with Hydro pump at its side, it has 3 water type moves and tackle, it loses against fire types, it's just comic relief and became a mascot. Oshawott is screwed.
    Last edited by ludiloco; 12th March 2013 at 6:09 AM.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

I see Buizel and Chorpish as equals...though Buizel has a slight edge thanks to his more diverse moveset. It then goes Totodile/Squirtle (again equals, Totodile's beaten better opponents), Palpitoad, Kingler, Oshawott (I'd put him higher, but he's just not getting it done lately)
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, *******, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Hum don't see any of those playing a factor in the anime btw any more news on that April kids set?

Hmm....that Munna seems curious.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Hmm....that Munna seems curious.
    They are, they eat your dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    They are, they eat your dreams.
    I wouldn't mind Dento getting her, I always thought he would anyways. At least it's new typing.

Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    1. Kingler=Corphish: Both crustaceans showed to be Ash's best water pokemon, the former with its sheer force and the later for its bulk. Corphish evolving to Crawdaunt might move it up alone to the 1st place.

3. Squirtle: Has awesome defenses, like Corphish, but it lacks a better moveset and more wins and evolve.

4. Buizel: It started awesome, and it's a cool pokemon, but after learning Ice Punch it had less victories than before and became really frail.

5. Palpitoad: The speaker toad was higher than Buizel in my charts because it has varied moves and Hydro pump, but its battle againt Zebraika in the league was awful.

6. Totodile: I don't know if it has less wins than Oshawott, but it dances more than battles and it's very frail. However, I enjoyed its battles better than the otter, and it never lost against pokemon it had the advantage at.

7. Oshawott: Only with Hydro pump at its side, it has 3 water type moves and tackle, it loses against fire types, it's just comic relief and became a mascot. Oshawott is screwed.
    Switch Oshawott and Totodile and you got it! And Palpitoad vs. Zebstraika wasn't that bad right, I mean at least it was a tie.

Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    I wouldn't call it awful considering Kenyan had fixed his Zebstrika to only have moves that effect Pokemon immune to Electric, he had strongass moves like Double Edge and Giga Impact and especially surprised Ash with Facade countering HIS only new trick Sludge Wave. Palpitoad endured those hits very well and managed a tie against Kenyan's original signature, that's not too bad.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Lol the battle between Palpitoad and Zebstrika was pretty damn fun I don't see how that was awful, even haters liked the battle.

Lol the battle between Palpitoad and Zebstrika was pretty damn fun I don't see how that was awful, even haters liked the battle.
    I think he just means how palpitoad should of straight up won, rather than tying with an advantage
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    I think he just means how palpitoad should of straight up won, rather than tying with an advantage
    Well I get that. I mean Palpitoad beat Elesa's Zebstrika, who's also very strong, so easily that a tie with Stephan's Zebstrika was kinda like a step back.

I found serious issues since kenyan rigged his zebstrika specifically to counter a water/ground that could poison.

Poor Zebricka and Palpitoad feel victim to DEM lol.

I do think that Palpitoad should have won that batle. Sawk taking him out would have been better. I also hate that Krookodile got to finish the job. Krookodile and Palpitoad should have fallen to Sawk and Leavanny should have cleaned up the mess.

But anyway, I do think that Palpitoad did well. I know we don't see a lot of training Ash does off-screen, but for lack of screentime, we should be happy he tied with the advantage as opposed to the battle he had against Garbodor.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    Well I get that. I mean Palpitoad beat Elesa's Zebstrika, who's also very strong, so easily that a tie with Stephan's Zebstrika was kinda like a step back.
    a league competitor should generally be considered stronger than a gym leader for obvious reasons.

I gotta disagree with the general opinion that Palpitoad should've won. He isn't very fast and his moves like Mud Shot are easy to dodge if you're fast, which Zebstrika is and that's what it did. In the anime you can dodge so Zeb avoiding those moves and getting a heavy swift hit in to the point where a tie is the best Palpitoad can do is totally realistic. I honestly expected Palpitoad to be done after the Facade smashed him to the wall but my boy Mofotoad surprised me.
    Last edited by Rohanator; 12th March 2013 at 11:07 PM.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by Buechs44 View Post
    I do think that Palpitoad should have won that batle.
    I don't think Palpitoad should be known as the 'Zebstrika killer.'

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    I don't think Palpitoad should be known as the 'Zebstrika killer.'
    He technically still is lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Buechs44 View Post
    I do think that Palpitoad should have won that batle. Sawk taking him out would have been better. I also hate that Krookodile got to finish the job. Krookodile and Palpitoad should have fallen to Sawk and Leavanny should have cleaned up the mess.

But anyway, I do think that Palpitoad did well. I know we don't see a lot of training Ash does off-screen, but for lack of screentime, we should be happy he tied with the advantage as opposed to the battle he had against Garbodor.
    As much as it would be preferable for everyone to get a win, some Pokemon just have to be the fall guy, it's really the only way Ash can stay the underdog.

I just wish Pikachu was always the fall guy, for big matches that involve him. Let someone else have the glory OR let someone else fail Ash.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I personally think Corphish is the strongest, in every battle he participated in I pretty much remember him going beast mode against most opponents. Unlike Kingler, Corphish actually was on the team for a long amount of time and we get a reliable indicator of his strength. Kingler might have made a clean sweep at the Kanto League and beaten Misty's Poliwhirl but that's not a huge indicator of being a very strong super reliable Pokemon to me. Squirtle, I don't remember much of him outside of taking down an Electabuzz and Quilava using his honed firefighting skills and taking down a Starmie with that brand-new Hydro Pump and helping weaken Drake's Dragonite. Buizel, I thought was strong but kinda waned in strength near the middle to the end of DP. Just didn't feel impressive after he lost his rough, tough stand-offish demeanor in early DP. Totodile was pretty good, imo, beating a Charizard and Kingdra in itself is impressive. Kingdra especially was a Pokemon that none of Ash's Pokemon would have been able to defeat against Clair supposedly at the Blackthorn City Gym and Charizard was a Pokemon owned by the Battle Park and trained quite exceptionally well to use moves outside of the norm. Oshawott seemed on mend to be a very strong trainer in early BW, I don't know what happened though. He was shown to be strong enough to one-shot Timburr, beat Clay's Krokorok, get some development with learning to not use his scalchop and beating Blitzle, and starring in the first Unova Gym. In order, I'd say it would be:

1.Corphish
    2.Squirtle
    3.Buizel
    4.Totodile / Kingler
    6.Oshawott
    7.Palpitoad

Whoops, almost forgot about Squirtle's victory over Brandon's Ninjask.

Keep in mind, I'm a huge Oshawott fan. I'm kinda attributing his string of losses to being in unfavorable situations rather than being a weak or badly trained Pokemon, Ash didn't have a chance against Bianca's father because the plot required he win, Oshawott got used as fodder against Hydreigon, Herdier, and Pansear to show off the respective trainer's power and, again, for the plot of the episode, he's just the "go-to" Pokemon for these types of deals because he's comedic and a joking Pokemon, situations where there really isn't a snowball's chance in hell of Ash being successful.
    I agree with this. I say that Buizel was powerful, but he lost a lot which ruined his reputation. JS.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    As much as it would be preferable for everyone to get a win, some Pokemon just have to be the fall guy, it's really the only way Ash can stay the underdog.

I just wish Pikachu was always the fall guy, for big matches that involve him. Let someone else have the glory OR let someone else fail Ash.
    Pikachu is too small and cute to be the fall guy. They're always the big ones since the writers think well if you're too ugly to sell then you're too ugly to win!

Please explain why you think that and give examples. I don't see Ash's big pokemon mostly losing.~~
    ---

Page 573 of 694 FirstFirst ... 473523563569570571572573574575576577583623673 ... LastLast