Page 579 of 694 FirstFirst ... 479529569575576577578579580581582583589629679 ... LastLast
Results 14,451 to 14,475 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Evolution wise, Gamagaru has the highest chance of evolving and the writers can evolve Chaobu if they want. I don't want him to evolve because no need for another three-stage Fire-type, but I won't hate it if he does evolve. Don't know about Gantle, he's getting a lot of focus leading to me believing he'll get some type of electric-wave/trade evolution. Wanting Tsutarja to evolve seems like wishful thinking and I can't see Zuruggu evolving either so evolution wise it looks like:

Gamagaru:79.9%
    Gantle:65%
    Chaobu:45%
    Mijumaru:8%
    Tsutarja 19%
    Pikachu:0000000000000000000000000.1%
    Zuruggu:15%(His evolution is in relation to Kibago's.....)

I also am gonna be wild here and say Satoshi is taking Zuruggu with him to the XY region or possibly Gamagaru given it was featured in a statue and it might have a split evolution.

Where'd you come up with those percentages?

I want Palpitoad to evolve. It needs to be something. I want Pignite to evolve too, but I'll probably just end up hating it more once it gets more wins to it. I'm not expecting anyone else to evolve though.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Where'd you come up with those percentages?

I want Palpitoad to evolve. It needs to be something. I want Pignite to evolve too, but I'll probably just end up hating it more once it gets more wins to it. I'm not expecting anyone else to evolve though.
    Most fan-made percentages, or what the user believes, there may actually be math involved (for some), but it's just what the person feels.

Edit: Except Pikachu's that one is accurate.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Will Pignite evolve?
    Well let's see. He's a popular Fire-type Starter, so yeah, I'm pretty sure it'll happen. It's funny though 'cause if someone had asked me this at the start of BW I would have screamed and howled, but it's obvious that there's been a shift in Starter Pokemon screen-time in the anime. Poor Oshawott and Snivy barely get any while Pignite is out there in almost every big battle slaying like there's no tomorrow. It's unfair, but that's how the writers are most of the time lol. But yeah, I expect to see Ash with Emboar.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    You do know we can us them? We just don't have to confuse anyone and that doesn't seem to happen here. So, it's not a problem.
    To be honest, 80% of the time I don't understand the Japanese names. Like, I can recognize the Japanese names for the Unova Pokemon because I used them so often myself back in 2010, but the Japanese names of the other 493 really throw me off. It's especially tough when people post new merchandise information without links to the products since I can't see the images and I have to Google the Japanese names and that's a waste of time in my opinion. So it's not just one person who has a problem with the sudden usage of Japanese names. :x

But that's an issue for another time I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Volcaronick View Post
    Please stop using their Japanese names. His name is OSHAWOTT!
    And Ash is a LOT easier to spell than Satoshi.
    Using Japanese names doesn't make you look cute or sound smart.
    Just saying.

Man that felt good.
    Oh go back to the dub section -_-....

I would say that Palpitoad or Pignite have the best chance of evolving and Snivy
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Well let's see. He's a popular Fire-type Starter, so yeah, I'm pretty sure it'll happen. It's funny though 'cause if someone had asked me this at the start of BW I would have screamed and howled, but it's obvious that there's been a shift in Starter Pokemon screen-time in the anime. Poor Oshawott and Snivy barely get any while Pignite is out there in almost every big battle slaying like there's no tomorrow. It's unfair, but that's how the writers are most of the time lol. But yeah, I expect to see Ash with Emboar.
    He might look like he's slaying, but Pignite still has a losing record (more loses then wins)
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I hope Satoshi catches Harimaron, it looks the best outta all the new starters. Plus it seems the most marketable and looks like a Grass Mijumaru. I hope it doesn't know Bullet Seed since I think the CGi animation for that attack is awful and Yanappu has utilized it more than enough in all of BW.
    It's hard to guess movesets, when you don't know their movesets.

For all we know Chespin can learn some neat 6th grass type move, but I don't know, because the games aren't out.

Of the current grass type moves, I'd be fine with Energy ball, it's my favorite grass type, seed bomb is a close second. But we've barely seen that move in the anime.

Actually leaf blade is probably my favorite grass type move, but it's very physical attack as opposed to Energy Ball which is special, and Seed Bomb which is most likely ranged. But I really don't expect Chespin to learn the move.

I'd actually hope for Leaf Tornado, since Ash hasn't personally used that move yet on any of his Pokemon (not than anyone except Snivy can).
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I'm just hoping for Scraggy to evolve at this point. I think it's possible, especially when it's closer to the end with a goodbye evo for Axew probably. Anyone else evolving would be great too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash6K View Post
    I'm just hoping for Scraggy to evolve at this point. I think it's possible, especially when it's closer to the end with a goodbye evo for Axew probably. Anyone else evolving would be great too.
    The thing I hate about these last minute evos is they don't seem to get used much afterwards. It's pretty much wasted potential
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Volcaronick View Post
    Please stop using their Japanese names. His name is OSHAWOTT!
    And Ash is a LOT easier to spell than Satoshi.
    Using Japanese names doesn't make you look cute or sound smart.
    Just saying.

Man that felt good.
    Yeah besides mijumaru I usually use the japanese names when making a point or because its shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    The thing I hate about these last minute evos is they don't seem to get used much afterwards. It's pretty much wasted potential
    Better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    He might look like he's slaying, but Pignite still has a losing record (more loses then wins)
    It warms my heart to know that Pignite still isn't at, say, Infernape's level, but he's slowly gaining experience and I fear for the future of Ash's team.

I'm just so afraid that by the end of BW Ash's team will be horribly unbalanced with at least three un-evolved Pokemon and tons of fully evolved Pokemon. The only way I can see the situation being remedied is if we get some last minute evolutions for Scraggy and Snivy (the former seems more likely than the latter in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Better than nothing.
    Nothing seems better because at least it used up all it's potential

Quote Originally Posted by duh View Post
    That is just your opinion, Taidow. You seem like you're trying to speak for everyone when you call Oshawott a disappointment like it's a fact...
    I was going to respond but then I noticed the dash.

I hope Satoshi catches Harimaron, it looks the best outta all the new starters. Plus it seems the most marketable and looks like a Grass Mijumaru. I hope it doesn't know Bullet Seed since I think the CGi animation for that attack is awful and Yanappu has utilized it more than enough in all of BW.
    I think you mean Seed Machine Gun not Bullet Seed.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I think you mean Seed Machine Gun not Bullet Seed.
    Usually I don't use Japanese Attack names outside of Mero-mero, might confuse someone who doesn't know Flash Cannon is "Luster Cannon" for example. :P

Usually I don't use Japanese Attack names outside of Mero-mero, might confuse someone who doesn't know Flash Cannon is "Luster Cannon" for example. :P
    Isn't that a double standard with the Pokémon Japanese names then? People can confuse those too.
    I say be consistent.

Just as a heads up: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...mon-places-etc
    Last edited by _Taidow_; 14th March 2013 at 6:53 AM.

People shouldn't strain themselves when using Japanese names when they are used to using the English Names. I have seen many people around who use Japanese names here but once in a while their post contain English name of a Pokemon with its Japanese Name, in the same post. Why try so hard? Its not like people don't understand English name here. If you are trying to sound all cool then good luck with that cause most people in Spoilers section know Japanese as well as English names of all Pokemon. We don't use them to keep the confusion at bay.

On Topic: Its been a while since Ash caught a Pokemon or evolved one. I hope Charizard's appearance is not affecting this.
    Last edited by Umbilical Noose; 14th March 2013 at 7:15 AM.

Isn't that a double standard with the Pokémon Japanese names then? People can confuse those too.
    I say be consistent.

Why do you care so much? How about just letting me do as I please, it's a free Internet and the Anime Spoilers section is open-minded to other's feelings and opinions. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    People shouldn't strain themselves when using Japanese names when they are used to using the English Names. I have seen many people around who use Japanese names here but once in a while their post contain English name of a Pokemon with its Japanese Name, in the same post. Why try so hard? Its not like people don't understand English name here. If you are trying to sound all cool then good luck with that cause most people in Spoilers section know Japanese as well as English names of all Pokemon. We don't use them to keep the confusion at bay.

On Topic: Its been a while since Ash caught a Pokemon or evolved one. I hope Charizard's appearance is not affecting this.
    I have no such desires, I just do what I do because I choose to.......I'm sorry if that's comes off as the way you think it does.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 14th March 2013 at 7:58 AM.

I say be consistent.

Forget this lame thread, they did it because people were butthurt with me, but last time I checked there weren't any problems with using Japanese names. Go ask any moderator. Not trying to mini-mod, but a tip for you: Let people use whatever names they want to and focus on the topic. They aren't obligated to use English names to please you.

I can understand using Japanese names for the most recent generation, but using the Japanese names for the first four should be avoided IMHO.

For example, I know that Zenigame is Squirtle only because I watched the Japanese version of Super Smash Bros Brawl (many years ago) and I know that Booster is Flareon because I'm writing a fanfic with the Eeveelutions and their nicknames are the Japanese ones, but the others are completely unknown to me. Heck, I even forgot Infernape's Japanese name even if I used it a lot back at the time.

If some people really can't avoid to use the original names they'd better try to be clear and let the others understand what they're saying. I mean, even French and German guys have to use English names! Really, I don't even know what a Fukamaru is (don't bother answering, I Googled it)!

So that's my question: why leaving the task to the others to translate what you're saying? Why not doing a little effort so that the others can understand immediately what you want to say? I myself am forced to translate names from Italian to English because I know that if I use the Italian ones I'll confuse a lot of users. I'm doing the effort for them. I mean, how many of you know what Soffiolieve and Fuocobomba are? I'll give a cookie to the one who answers me.

---

Back to topic, I really hope to see some older Pokémon again. Since we're going to some islands, maybe there is a chance that we'll see Lapras again. It would be interesting. I wonder how Iris would react in front of him…
    Last edited by Cresselia92; 14th March 2013 at 10:14 AM.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Why do you care so much? How about just letting me do as I please, it's a free Internet and the Anime Spoilers section is open-minded to other's feelings and opinions. ._.
    I was just making a suggestion to be consistent. No need to be super defensive about it. I don't think my last post meant any offense or sounded like it did. The heads up was just a friendly reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

Forget this lame thread, they did it because people were butthurt with me, but last time I checked there weren't any problems with using Japanese names. Go ask any moderator. Not trying to mini-mod, but a tip for you: Let people use whatever names they want to and focus on the topic. They aren't obligated to use English names to please you.
    This conversation didn't include you at all, so I don't know where you came from. That was "lame."
    I never said he had to please me or anyone else so really gurlfran chill.

==
    Now on-topic...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Back to topic, I really hope to see some older Pokémon again. Since we're going to some island, maybe there is a chance that we'll see Lapras again. It would be interesting. I wonder how Iris would react in front of him…
    Seeing Lapras again would be fantastic. Although we'll probably see "her" as an adult showing that everything other than Ash ages...

Um, wasn't Lapras's gender unconfirmed? I always saw it as a male. Oh, who cares? I'd love to see the Pokémon again.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}

Lapras obviously appears in his evolve form with his kid in his pre evolution form.

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Um, wasn't Lapras's gender unconfirmed? I always saw it as a male. Oh, who cares? I'd love to see the Pokémon again.
    That's why I put quotation marks. I can just see it as female.

if you care enough on what the person has predicted than you'll get your lazy fingers to do a search on what that pokemon is. it isn't hard.

or learn the original names of the pokemon??

That's why I put quotation marks. I can just see it as female.
    Ah, I thought you were trying to correct me. My apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wormow View Post
    if you care enough on what the person has predicted than you'll get your lazy fingers to do a search on what that pokemon is. it isn't hard.
    It goes both ways, though. You'd rather force a thousand or so people to go and translate with Google instead of putting an extra effort, if you can do that? By that logic, I can freely use the Italian names. After all, people can simply Google them… -.-

or learn the original names of the pokemon??
    Yeah, right… learn around 1.250 names plus the new ones that are coming with the 6th Generation.

Our brains don't have unlimited space. In order to remember something they have to delete something else. That's what most people do: once they know the English names they delete the Japanese ones. It's a natural process.

Again, I'm not saying to not use Japanese names. Only to try to be clear and understandable.
    Last edited by Cresselia92; 14th March 2013 at 12:06 PM.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Page 579 of 694 FirstFirst ... 479529569575576577578579580581582583589629679 ... LastLast