Page 58 of 694 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

  1. #1426
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In the cherry tree
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Fixed for you. We still don't know if Oshawott evolves. The odds are against him, but who knows?
    True I want him to but I do not think he will.

    Credit to the shop forever and again for the banner. Thanks alot!
    .................................................. ..............................................

    Thanks EpicSquirtle for everything.
    From shinyturtwig

  2. #1427
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shinyturtwig View Post
    True I want him to but I do not think he will.
    He won't, since the target is kids, and Oshawott's main fans are girls, they'd be a bit heartbroken that he isn't "cute" anymore.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

    Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!


  3. #1428
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    I can't really see Scraggy, Oshawott, and Snivy evolve without being forced.
    Forced? I feel like Oshawott is being forced not to evolve instead...

  4. #1429
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South California
    Posts
    4,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Also Eevee, Lucario and Solosis are extremely random.
    About as extremely random as Palpitoad huh?
    - Claimed:



    -XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

    Pokemon Y Team:

    Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

    3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

  5. #1430
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Well, thank god Solosis isn't.



    ......Ehhh?
    You werent around for the auraholics were you. Youre lucky

  6. #1431
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    About as extremely random as Palpitoad huh?
    Nah, he said he wanted to catch it.

    I just don't see how someone can say "Ash is going to get Solosis". without it looking random.

  7. #1432
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Nah, he said he wanted to catch it.

    I just don't see how someone can say "Ash is going to get Solosis". without it looking random.
    I say, I want Ash to get a Duosion.



  8. #1433
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    He won't, since the target is kids, and Oshawott's main fans are girls, they'd be a bit heartbroken that he isn't "cute" anymore.
    Are you sure? I'm a girl and I like Dewott much better. =P I think Oshawott would be popular with both boys and girls because he seems like a little boy to me.


    “...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

  9. #1434
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Are you sure? I'm a girl and I like Dewott much better. =P I think Oshawott would be popular with both boys and girls because he seems like a little boy to me.
    im a boy and oshawott is my favourite Pokemon of ash's unova team :P

  10. #1435
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia.
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Let me tell you why it can't evolve into Dewott and keep it's marketability:
    Oshawott was not loved until he was introduced in the anime. As soon as he came along his popularity sky rocketed. Evolving him will probably stop people buying Oshawott merchandise in the end because they don't see their cute Oshawott any more.
    3DS Friend Code: 0473-8153-4660 (Fairy safari)
    I'll fix my sig eventually....
    Emerald Nuzlocke Team: Fire Red Randomizer Nuzlocke Team:
    Black 2 team:Y Team:
    Predictions for Ash's team:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

  11. #1436
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shelldude400 View Post
    Let me tell you why it can't evolve into Dewott and keep it's marketability:
    Oshawott was not loved until he was introduced in the anime. As soon as he came along his popularity sky rocketed. Evolving him will probably stop people buying Oshawott merchandise in the end because they don't see their cute Oshawott any more.
    According to the last survey conducted in Japan snivy still remains as the most popular starter oshawatt came in second and tepig third I think(don't really remember oshawatt and tepigs rankings) In terms of popularity snivy held a huge lead against the later two before the start of the series on the first survey had somewhere around 62-66% the writers have been trying to get the other two to be popular as well and although it worked snivy still had an above 10% lead on the other two during the last survey and so your reasoning
    Doesnt really have much of a backbone


    Tepig learned flame thrower before his evolution

    And now oshawatt learned hydropump so there's a likely chance he might evolve

    I think the writers are holding back snivy this time even if she does evolve it will only be in to a servine no serperior

  12. #1437
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    60

    Default

    I honestly hope that if snivy evolves, she goes for all or nothing. Servine is just... meh... Snivy seems to have what it takes to be good. Serperior would be cool, but i doubt it will happen. Oshawott needs to evolve. It's immature and weak, even though it has nice development personality wise. Dewott is great warrior and battle wise it'd do better than Oshawott. I don't see that big difference in terms of battle style with snivy and servine, while serperior makes a difference.
    Black 2 team:

  13. #1438
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia.
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaheen View Post
    According to the last survey conducted in Japan snivy still remains as the most popular starter oshawatt came in second and tepig third I think(don't really remember oshawatt and tepigs rankings) In terms of popularity snivy held a huge lead against the later two before the start of the series on the first survey had somewhere around 62-66% the writers have been trying to get the other two to be popular as well and although it worked snivy still had an above 10% lead on the other two during the last survey and so your reasoning
    Doesnt really have much of a backbone


    Tepig learned flame thrower before his evolution

    And now oshawatt learned hydropump so there's a likely chance he might evolve

    I think the writers are holding back snivy this time even if she does evolve it will only be in to a servine no serperior
    Link these surveys and if I think the ones that they are, Oshawott came out on top in the end with 37%.
    Flamethrower is a staple. There's still attacks like Overheat and Fire Blast that are stronger than it. Hydro Pump is only topped by Hydro Cannon which it has a less chance of learning than evolving.
    3DS Friend Code: 0473-8153-4660 (Fairy safari)
    I'll fix my sig eventually....
    Emerald Nuzlocke Team: Fire Red Randomizer Nuzlocke Team:
    Black 2 team:Y Team:
    Predictions for Ash's team:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

  14. #1439
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    im a boy and oshawott is my favourite Pokemon of ash's unova team :P
    Oshawott is one of my favorites from his team too. And I really mean from all his Pokemon not just about his Unova team. :P

    Evolve already!

  15. #1440
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Sigh.. saw this video and was brought to my reality check. Oshawott or Snivy are too popular to evolve! Well just in the sense that their evolutions may not happen or will happen tail end.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BscgA...feature=relmfu


    But I still have hope. Despite the ending with all the Oshawott appearances, learning hydro pump, etc. I am still putting my money on Oshawott evolving during the Team Rocket plot, or possibly in some sort of water competition or battle.

    Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage


  16. #1441
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,062

    Default

    Oshawott should totally evolve ! People claim that after the anime OShawott marketability increased! Maybe the same would happen for dewott? Though Oshawott can still be promoted through the anime just not on ash's team. Dawn's Piplup had a reason not to evolve cause Prinplup was ugly and not appealing for contests
    The anime where Stunfisks fly and Meowths talk. Where Oshawotts pop out of pokeballs and tranquills use wing attack. What more could you ask for, Oshawott evolving?. THE ANIME !

    75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

    The crew - Shun the Greninja , Wing the Talonflame , Tank the Gogoat , Ragequit the Tyrantum , Joules the Heliolisk & Melody the Sylveon.

    Greninja all the way

  17. #1442
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,428

    Default

    I don't get the thing "too popular to evolve." Even if Oshawott and Snivy evolve, they will still be the same pokemon. Anything can be marketable if done right, if they are too afraid to advertise Servine and Dewott then it just shows how they are afraid of trying. Even the McDonalds toys here, they had the middle forms of the starters. Showing that they aren't as unpopular as people think.



  18. #1443
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,052

    Default

    I do get the feeling Oshawott will evolve after Dawn leaves. I bet they kept it unevolved just so it could meet Piplup, but now that will be over with soon there's no more reason to.

  19. #1444
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I do get the feeling Oshawott will evolve after Dawn leaves. I bet they kept it unevolved just so it could meet Piplup, but now that will be over with soon there's no more reason to.
    I agree. It has even been shown that he knows evolution makes others stronger. He was scared to face Dewott.
    There is nothing stopping Oshawott. Besides after learning Hydro Pump there is nothing else but evolution for him.
    Same as Snivy. So far it has mixed signals. What I get from Snivy is that she will evolve when she feels like it, not because Trip is pressuring her.

    So Snivy I can see evolving against Trip and failing.



  20. #1445
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,052

    Default

    I'd like to see all his BW starters hit their middle form at least, even if they don't go all the way.

  21. #1446
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I'd like to see all his BW starters hit their middle form at least, even if they don't go all the way.
    That's something I hoped for the Johto starters. BW is like Johto done almost right.



  22. #1447
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,138

    Default

    I think the writers want Ash to have a few pokemon remain in their base form. I think Snivy has a great chance to evolve, but I think Oshawott and Scraggy will stay the way they are.

  23. #1448
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    I think the writers want Ash to have a few pokemon remain in their base form. I think Snivy has a great chance to evolve, but I think Oshawott and Scraggy will stay the way they are.
    Scraggy is almost definitely going to evolve. Weak baby pokemon virtually always evolve and then become stronger.

  24. #1449
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Scraggy is almost definitely going to evolve. Weak baby pokemon virtually always evolve and then become stronger.
    I could see them not evolving Scraggy, he is Axew's best friend afterall and Ash doesn't need an evolved Scrafty since he has enough power on his team.

  25. #1450
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    I could see them not evolving Scraggy, he is Axew's best friend afterall.
    I very much doubt it. Its destined to evolve.

    Axew will probably evolve in Iris' last episode like May's Combusken did.

Page 58 of 694 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •