Page 583 of 694 FirstFirst ... 483533573579580581582583584585586587593633683 ... LastLast
Results 14,551 to 14,575 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

  1. #14551
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    If it is about giving screentime and battle time to pokemon that really need it, Ash should bring Kingler, Muk, Totodile and Bayleef. Those 4 last battle was in OS. All the other pokemon have battled later, in BF, DP or BW. Even Tauros xD.

    But the thing is, that's not what this is about, this is about giving screentime to fan-favourites. That's why Charizard is here and I love the fact that he is. Just get over it, there's no real reason the writers would switch Charizard and Unfezant again, Charizard can do all the things Unfezant can and other things that Unfezant can't.

    Seriously, that "It is a Unova mon, it has to have more screentime than any other Ash's pokemon" argument is getting more ridiculous every time I read it. Charizard is as Ash's pokemon as Unfezant is. So at least you like Unfezant more, the argument of being Unovian is invalid reason to want her back.



    Why do you say Unfezant will never show up again? That has never happened with any of Ash's pokemon. They have all appeared in a region/saga after the one they were caught. It'll be the same with Unfezant and the rest of the Unova mons. Because this saga is about Ash returning to Kanto, it's not like Ash can't have a previously Unova caught pokemon with him in another region. Charizard is being brought back because he is a fan-favourite and is popular. He'll never have enough time. I like that because I like Charizard. If you don't , just get over it and try to use logic in your statements.
    Pokemon from kanto have only kept returning for fanservice, and my logic is that Ash now has four generic bird pokemon sitting at oak's. Best wishes is already short enough, and there's already 7 other unova pokemon to have to deal with. Why bring in older pokemon that have had more than enough screentime when some of the current gen have barely shown up at all.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  2. #14552
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Pokemon from kanto have only kept returning for fanservice, and my logic is that Ash now has four generic bird pokemon sitting at oak's. Best wishes is already short enough, and there's already 7 other unova pokemon to have to deal with. Why bring in older pokemon that have had more than enough screentime when some of the current gen have barely shown up at all.
    For the same reason that "some of the current gen have barely shown up at all". Because those pokemon aren't very popular, and Charizard is one of the most popular pokemon. It's sad they use this logic, even when it does something good for me this time bringing Charizard back, it usually is annoying. But it's just how it is.

    They just don't care that much for those lesser used Unova pokemon, but care more for bringing back a popular pokemon, like Charizard, and use it as a way to play safe with the anime, doing something that they know the big majority of fans would certainly love.

    Anyway, aside from Palpitoad, Unova pokemon hadn't been treated that bad. I mean, Oshawott had nice development at first, had good animation for his attacks, nice moveset, fall in love with several pokemon and shows up in almost every episode. Pignite evolved during a development episode, against his former trainer and has become a strong pokemon since then, beating opponents like Hydreigon. Snivy had a nice debut episode, has a good personality, great moveset and has develop a rivalry with Emolga. Unfezant is fully evolved and had her time to shine against Skyla. Leavanny is fully evolved and got some good battles against Burgh, Roxie and Stephan, showing he is a great battler. Boldore had a nice amount of screen time before evolving, and evolved during a Gym battle where he beat Clay's Excadrill despite the type disadvantage, and is now on Ash's team, will probably have a role in Episode N climax. Krookodile is fully evolved too, had a nice set up appearing as Sandile first, following Ash, battling Pikachu a couple of times, evolving in one of these battles, then after Ash caught him he got a nice development in Brycen's gym battle, training for it and beating Beartic, then he evolved against the ice-buster Dragonite and took him down. And if that isn't enough, he was a key part of the league battle vs Stephan, taking down 2 pokemon, one being tired and in disadvantage. Scraggy had a good development at first, developing a friendship with Axew, and learning some new moves, then he was used in gym battle against Brycen and took one pokemon down, and had a quick league win too. Good enough for a recently-hatched pokemon.

    So, if you compare that with the treatment Kingler, Tauros and Muk got back in Kanto, or Totodile and Noctowl back in Johto. Unova pokemon have all, including Palpitoad, appear more and had more development than those had. Yet, all of those pokemon were used again in battle or appear in later sagas, so the same will happen with his current team.
    Last edited by Lucas MV; 18th March 2013 at 8:56 PM.

  3. #14553
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Pokemon from kanto have only kept returning for fanservice, and my logic is that Ash now has four generic bird pokemon sitting at oak's. Best wishes is already short enough, and there's already 7 other unova pokemon to have to deal with. Why bring in older pokemon that have had more than enough screentime when some of the current gen have barely shown up at all.
    Unless the only gen 5 pokemon you think exists is mijumaru then there would be no difference in the amount of screentime charizard or not.

  4. #14554
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    Why do you say Unfezant will never show up again? That has never happened with any of Ash's pokemon. They have all appeared in a region/saga after the one they were caught. It'll be the same with Unfezant and the rest of the Unova mons. Because this saga is about Ash returning to Kanto, it's not like Ash can't have a previously Unova caught pokemon with him in another region. Charizard is being brought back because he is a fan-favourite and is popular. He'll never have enough time. I like that because I like Charizard. If you don't , just get over it and try to use logic in your statements.
    None of Ash's Sinnoh Pokémon have appeared yet outside of DP.

  5. #14555
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blob View Post
    None of Ash's Sinnoh Pokémon have appeared yet outside of DP.
    Considering they had a whole region to themselves just one series ago, that was pretty much a given
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  6. #14556
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,407

    Default

    I want to see Ash use the olde rpokemon that did not get modified movesets during the Sinnoh League.

    Random : PokéRadar


  7. #14557

    Default

    Or Primeape.

    Primeape better have returned. That opening shouldn't lie to us!

  8. #14558
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,781

    Default

    I want to see Squirtle come back and live at the lab.

  9. #14559
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Considering they had a whole region to themselves just one series ago, that was pretty much a given
    Infernape could have easily taken out Hydreigon, ferrothorn and lucario without batting an eye. With blaze neither of the other two stood a chance.

  10. #14560
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Or Primeape.

    Primeape better have returned. That opening shouldn't lie to us!
    Pretty sure that was reference to the flashback but you never know lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  11. #14561
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blob View Post
    Torterra may need a win, but it had loads of wins as a Turtwig.
    True but no one seems to care about it's wins as a Turtwig, like they didn't exist anymore once it evolved to Grotle and so forth.

    Personally, I don't see the fascination with wanting pokemon who've done little to begin with to come back and attempt to be redeemed, cause unless they fought impressive opponents, then said redemption is pointless, though imho i believe that unless any of Ash's oaked guys have potential evos in the upcoming gen, they should focus on the pokemon who can actually get stuff done rather than the ones that can't.

  12. #14562
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I want to see Ash use the olde rpokemon that did not get modified movesets during the Sinnoh League.
    I think Snivy's more desperate, she's the only Unova Pokemon that didn't get any form of change to anything

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Pretty sure that was reference to the flashback but you never know lol.
    I'm waiting to see Ash's Kingler then :P
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  13. #14563
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I think Snivy's more desperate, she's the only Unova Pokemon that didn't get any form of change to anything


    I'm waiting to see Ash's Kingler then :P
    Well since we are going to Kanto, you might get your wish lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  14. #14564
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,661

    Default

    I don't want anymore older Pokemon to come back, as I've said before Satoshi has enough Pokemon on his plate right now and we got an older Pokemon return in Lizardon. I'd rather see Zuruggu, Tsutarja, Gamagaru. If Kenharou stays at the Okido-Hakase ranch then that means Satoshi has eight Isshu Pokemon on his team. Those three are the ones I feel need battle time and wins the most currently and the most likely ones to evolve.(Gamagaru has the highest chance imo) I'd rather Satoshi focus on them right now if anything, plus I like all three of their personalities and feel as though those three are starved for focus and wins at the moment. Said surplus of Pokemon have almost all hit their prime(Waruvial, Hahakomori, Chaobu, etc.) so I don't expect much more from them except maybe Chaobu becoming an Emboar. Not sure what to say about Tsutarja, she's a wildcard in the evolution department. She was shown to be a very capable Pokemon right from the start and had an already maxed out moveset.(Leaf Storm, Leaf Blade, etc. Two strong moves that it took previous Grass-types on Satoshi's team a while to learn.) I wouldn't be surprised if Tsutarja stays the way she is given that Tsutarja is mature and has always been mature and might be too snide to change herself just for the sake of being stronger. Tsutarja is one of the Pokemon, personality wise, I really enjoy about BW(Alongside Waruvial, Chaobu, Zuruggu, Kairyu, etc.) so it's a bit of a pity she has such a lesser amount of change over the whole series. I'm still glad that Pokabu at least managed to develop from the weak Pokemon he was in the beginning and pretty much went all beast mode after evolution.

  15. #14565
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I don't want anymore older Pokemon to come back, as I've said before Satoshi has enough Pokemon on his plate right now and we got an older Pokemon return in Lizardon. I'd rather see Zuruggu, Tsutarja, Gamagaru. If Kenharou stays at the Okido-Hakase ranch then that means Satoshi has eight Isshu Pokemon on his team. Those three are the ones I feel need battle time and wins the most currently and the most likely ones to evolve.(Gamagaru has the highest chance imo) I'd rather Satoshi focus on them right now if anything, plus I like all three of their personalities and feel as though those three are starved for focus and wins at the moment. Said surplus of Pokemon have almost all hit their prime(Waruvial, Hahakomori, Chaobu, etc.) so I don't expect much more from them except maybe Chaobu becoming an Emboar. Not sure what to say about Tsutarja, she's a wildcard in the evolution department. She was shown to be a very capable Pokemon right from the start and had an already maxed out moveset.(Leaf Storm, Leaf Blade, etc. Two strong moves that it took previous Grass-types on Satoshi's team a while to learn.) I wouldn't be surprised if Tsutarja stays the way she is given that Tsutarja is mature and has always been mature and might be too snide to change herself just for the sake of being stronger. Tsutarja is one of the Pokemon, personality wise, I really enjoy about BW(Alongside Waruvial, Chaobu, Zuruggu, Kairyu, etc.) so it's a bit of a pity she has such a lesser amount of change over the whole series. I'm still glad that Pokabu at least managed to develop from the weak Pokemon he was in the beginning and pretty much went all beast mode after evolution.
    Honestly people need to drop this older pokemon steal spotlight crap. Charizard has been here for like 2 episodes and people act like it is the only pokemon in the damn episode.

    AS LONG AS PIKACHU, MIJUMARU, SCRAGGY, PIGNITE, AND SNIVY ARE ON THE SAME TEAM, NONE OF YOUR POKEMON WILL GET SCREEN TIME.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  16. #14566
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Honestly people need to drop this older pokemon steal spotlight crap. Charizard has been here for like 2 episodes and people act like it is the only pokemon in the damn episode.

    AS LONG AS PIKACHU, MIJUMARU, SCRAGGY, PIGNITE, AND SNIVY ARE ON THE SAME TEAM, NONE OF YOUR POKEMON WILL GET SCREEN TIME.
    I never said such a thing at all, however there's a surplus problem when it comes to the group Pokemon already. I don't see how adding more is going to help that.

  17. #14567
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I never said such a thing at all, however there's a surplus problem when it comes to the group Pokemon already. I don't see how adding more is going to help that.
    Yes but Charizard leaving isn't gonna make Palpitoad or Leavanny magically show up more. And we are not asking for him to rotate all his pokemon, however, older pokemon returning for an episode or too would be greatly appreciated....
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  18. #14568
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Yes but Charizard leaving isn't gonna make Palpitoad or Leavanny magically show up more. And we are not asking for him to rotate all his pokemon, however, older pokemon returning for an episode or too would be greatly appreciated....
    Again, I never said a thing about Lizardon leaving, but throwing Bayleef and Kingler in rotation with this already immense clusterfuck of Pokemon on his team isn't ideal.

  19. #14569
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pallet Town, Kanto
    Posts
    718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Well since we are going to Kanto, you might get your wish lol.
    Wait, Ash and friends are heading to Kanto?!?

  20. #14570
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Again, I never said a thing about Lizardon leaving, but throwing Bayleef and Kingler in rotation with this already immense clusterfuck of Pokemon on his team isn't ideal.
    Did you even read what I wrote?? I don't even want pokemon permanently on the team. My whole point is that ALL the pokemon should be consistently rotated.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  21. #14571
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    407

    Default

    does there is any chances for ash to get sebleye.....?
    VS
    ...........SAMURAI............................. NINJA.......
    WHO WILL WIN.......?

  22. #14572
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum! View Post
    Wait, Ash and friends are heading to Kanto?!?
    They are heading to Kanto on via boat but are stopping by a region in between Kanto and Unova called the Dekorola Islands. I'm guessing it may be called the Dekorola Archipelago just like the Orange Islands were.

    Random : PokéRadar


  23. #14573
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harsh551 View Post
    does there is any chances for ash to get sebleye.....?
    There are chances of him getting a Sableye but not the one in the movie poster (unless Ash were to catch him in the movie which wont happen)

  24. #14574
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Hyperbolic Time Chamber
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Did you even read what I wrote?? I don't even want pokemon permanently on the team. My whole point is that ALL the pokemon should be consistently rotated.
    He trying to say that they shouldn't be rotated at all. He wants just Unova pokemon becasue they need more screentime afterall its still their leg of the series.
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

    Pokemon Black Version 2

    I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

  25. #14575
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hyderabad (India)
    Posts
    3,840

    Default

    What are the chances of Cilan catching a Tropius during the DA! arc.

    Iris has a big ride-able flying type like Dragonite, while Charizard would fill the same role for Ash.

    So the only one who doesn't have a flying type yet is Cilan. And since he is still due for his 2nd grass type (Iris got hers in the form of Dragonite), the perfect pokemon for him to capture would be a Tropius. Plus having a Tropius would be an profit for Cilan considering that one can eat the fruits that grow around Tropius neck. So, CIlan can use them in various of his recipes.

    A good set for it would be ,

    - Leaf Storm/Magical Leaf
    - Gust
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Nature Power
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 19th March 2013 at 2:14 PM.

Page 583 of 694 FirstFirst ... 483533573579580581582583584585586587593633683 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •