Page 599 of 694 FirstFirst ... 499549589595596597598599600601602603609649 ... LastLast
Results 14,951 to 14,975 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    Uhm, 99 straight wins as drillbur, beat Pikachu in a tourney, also beat Dewott, tied with draydens haxorus, and took down a couple plasma grunts just to name a few things.....
    Does Pikachu even count when Pikachu had a major disadvantage?

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Does Pikachu even count when Pikachu had a major disadvantage?
    Does Snivy's win over Palpitoad count when Palpitoad had such a major disadvantage? Does Emboar's win over Bisharp count when Bisharp had such a major disadvantage?

I hope I don't sound rude, but sometimes I wonder if you guys are doing this to troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Does Snivy's win over Palpitoad count when Palpitoad had such a major disadvantage? Does Emboar's win over Bisharp count when Bisharp had such a major disadvantage?

I hope I don't sound rude, but sometimes I wonder if you guys are doing this to troll.
    Of course Snivy's counts. Palpitoad could have found a way to fight back. Besides it's not the grass moves that made the match, it was Attract.
    Bisharp had Guillotine, it could have ended Emboar quickly.

With Pikachu, two of his moves were useless, and Quick Attack and Iron Tail were resisted. I know they made it seem like Pikachu put up a fight but overall the poor guy was horribly handicapped.

Of course Snivy's counts. Palpitoad could have found a way to fight back. Besides it's not the grass moves that made the match, it was Attract.

With Pikachu, two of his moves were useless, and Quick Attack and Iron Tail were resisted. I know they made it seem like Pikachu put up a fight but overall the poor guy was horribly handicapped.
    I debated responding like this...but Doryuzu still has a point, Palpitoad had nothing to counter Ash's ace in the hole Attract and Guillotine is a low accuracy move (they made note of that I believe)
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I debated responding like this...but Doryuzu still has a point, Palpitoad had nothing to counter Ash's ace in the hole Attract and Guillotine is a low accuracy move (they made note of that I believe)
    "Palpitoad's known moves are Hydro Pump, Sludge Bomb and Rock Smash." and one unknown move. Sludge Bomb alone was the counter to Snivy.

Well for Guillotine I don't remember exactly if they mentioned accuracy as they don't usually do so in the anime.

"Palpitoad's known moves are Hydro Pump, Sludge Bomb and Rock Smash." and one unknown move. Sludge Bomb alone was the counter to Snivy.

Well for Guillotine I don't remember exactly if they mentioned accuracy as they don't usually do so in the anime.
    Clay didn't know Snivy had Attract is all

I think they did when it was Pawniard vs Snivy
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Clay's Palpitoad was easily defeated after trashing Oshawott and Georgia's Bisharp easily incapacitated a Druddigon and tossed Snivy like a rag-toy in previous battles before being defeated by Emboar. Bisharp did use Guillotine and collided with Hammer Arm, but that didn't knock out Emboar despite the fact the move should be able to do that, collision or not. Both Pokemon, like Pikachu, had already shown to be more than capable battlers in their own rights but were still done in and their wins do indeed count. Excadrill's over Pikachu very much does as well, I really don't see how anyone can argue otherwise.

I fail to see how any of this matters.

Even if Excadrill lost his Iris Strongest Pokemon title when Dragonite was included, does not somehow automatically make it not a powerhouse.

Once a powerhouse, always a powerhouse.

A stronger powerhouse doesn't change that at all.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 13th April 2013 at 8:05 AM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Clay's Palpitoad was easily defeated after trashing Oshawott and Georgia's Bisharp easily incapacitated a Druddigon and tossed Snivy like a rag-toy in previous battles before being defeated by Emboar. Bisharp did use Guillotine and collided with Hammer Arm, but that didn't knock out Emboar despite the fact the move should be able to do that, collision or not. Both Pokemon, like Pikachu, had already shown to be more than capable battlers in their own rights but were still done in and their wins do indeed count. Excadrill's over Pikachu very much does as well, I really don't see how anyone can argue otherwise.
    I wasn't saying that it doesn't count towards his wins. I was suggesting that it's win over Pikachu shouldn't be so influential towards the "powerhouse" argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    wins and losses don't necessarly dictate a pokemon's strength in the anime, nor does how long a person has a pokemon either.
    Yeah, I really think popularity has a lot to do with perceived strength hence why Pikachu is considered to be Ash's strongest Pokemon by most of the fandom. I mean he shows up in every episode and even though his level resets at the start of every big saga, he still gets credit for being the most active Pokemon on Ash's team. To me, a strong Pokemon is one that stays active and gains experience no matter how many losses it may have. Which is why I consider Oshawott to be a top tier battler. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Yeah, I really think popularity has a lot to do with perceived strength hence why Pikachu is considered to be Ash's strongest Pokemon by most of the fandom. I mean he shows up in every episode and even though his level resets at the start of every big saga, he still gets credit for being the most active Pokemon on Ash's team. To me, a strong Pokemon is one that stays active and gains experience no matter how many losses it may have. Which is why I consider Oshawott to be a top tier battler. But that's just me.
    Good luck trying to convince other people about that

Hmm... I'm thinking if 6th generation Pokemon do appear during "Da" then, maybe Virgil could appear again to evolve his Eevee into Sylveon. Its not like Eevee and its Eeveelution aren't appearing anymore, so I guess its possible..

Ooh, also for either to Ash or Cilan to get an Eevee egg from Virgil depending on if there is another Eeveelution and if Cilan does continue to travel with Ash.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

the more i see of the more recent episodes the more i think it's building to Pignite evolving. I's been used in a lot of battles it seemed really disapointed by being knocked out by team plasma, it's friendship with Charizard really make me think it's evolution isn't too far off. I think it would be good to see it evolve after all in it's time in the show it is the only one of ash's pokemon that has fully changed all of it's moveset.It started off with tackle and ember now it knows flame charge,flamethrower,fire pledge, and brick break.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I fail to see how any of this matters.

Even if Excadrill lost his Iris Strongest Pokemon title when Dragonite was included, does not somehow automatically make it not a powerhouse.

Once a powerhouse, always a powerhouse.

A stronger powerhouse doesn't change that at all.
    Excadrill tied with Shaga main pokemon, Dragonite lost to his other pokemon kind of easly, as far as I'm concerned Excadrill is still the strongest.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    the more i see of the more recent episodes the more i think it's building to Pignite evolving. I's been used in a lot of battles it seemed really disapointed by being knocked out by team plasma, it's friendship with Charizard really make me think it's evolution isn't too far off. I think it would be good to see it evolve after all in it's time in the show it is the only one of ash's pokemon that has fully changed all of it's moveset.It started off with tackle and ember now it knows flame charge,flamethrower,fire pledge, and brick break.
    It evolving would definitely fit the pattern of the other two fire starters that were abused and abandoned. And I kind of hope it learns flare blitz and/or hammer arm, regardless if it evolves or not.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    It evolving would definitely fit the pattern of the other two fire starters that were abused and abandoned. And I kind of hope it learns flare blitz and/or hammer arm, regardless if it evolves or not.
    well if memeory serves me right it can't learn hammer arm until it evolves but flare blitz would work. I know they arn't fire type moves but wild charge and head smash could also work if it weren't to learn flare blitz. Another possibility it could learn if it evolves would be upgrading fire pledge to blast burn.(it has never used the side effect benefit of the pledge moves and this would be another starter exclusive fire move)

If Pignite evolves I hope either Oshawott or Snivy evolve too so Ash has a Unova starter in the first, second, and third evolution.

I'm almost certain that nothing's going to evolve at this point.

I still think scraggy has the best chance.

Named Admiral Sentret

I think Palpitoad deserves one the most. He needs more development and attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I'm almost certain that nothing's going to evolve at this point.
    I want something to happen. The last evolution was Krookodile, and the only team change came from adding Charizard. Ash team feels like it's stagnating, though the new moves have made the teams a little more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I think Palpitoad deserves one the most. He needs more development and attention.
    Palpitoad's pretty powerful now. While I think an evo would be a good way to give it attention, I feel like it doesn't really need one. They should just give it an episode or two in the limelight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninfia View Post
    I want something to happen. The last evolution was Krookodile, and the only team change came from adding Charizard. Ash team feels like it's stagnating, though the new moves have made the teams a little more interesting. I'm starting to get the feeling that maybe it has barely got anything because none of three pokemon in that evo line can be found until postgame in just a few areas in bw2.....so no reason to market it.

Palpitoad's pretty powerful now. While I think an evo would be a good way to give it attention, I feel like it doesn't really need one. They should just give it an episode or two in the limelight.
    Do we really even know how powerful palpitoad really is? It has by far the least screentime of any main character pokemon, and hasn't battled since roxie.

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Do we really even know how powerful palpitoad really is? It has by far the least screentime of any main character pokemon, and hasn't battled since roxie.
    Correction. He fought Stephan's Zebstrika and tied.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Excadrill tied with Shaga main pokemon, Dragonite lost to his other pokemon kind of easly, as far as I'm concerned Excadrill is still the strongest.
    Excadrill had an investment in that battle, which is why it tied with Haxorus, and why Dragonite lost.

It wasn't so much a display of strength for Excadrill or a display of weakness for Dragonite, but something for Excadrill to prove.

Had this been any other typical hard fight not against Drayden, but using the same Pokemon, Dragonite might've won it's battle against Druddigon.

And I wasn't saying that Dragonite overshadows Excadrill in strength just that vs each other Dragonite would when and if they fought the strongest Pokemon that is neutra to either of them, I'd say Dragonite would fare better.

Besides Dragonite is Iris's go-to Pokemon nowadays, she rarely uses Excadrill, granted that could be to shove Dragonite down our throat to make up for it's fairly late capture, but against tough situations, she is preferring to only use Dragonite.

Personally it would be smarter to use both Excadrill and Dragonite, but animators are lazy.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Excadrill had an investment in that battle, which is why it tied with Haxorus, and why Dragonite lost.

It wasn't so much a display of strength for Excadrill or a display of weakness for Dragonite, but something for Excadrill to prove.

Had this been any other typical hard fight not against Drayden, but using the same Pokemon, Dragonite might've won it's battle against Druddigon.

And I wasn't saying that Dragonite overshadows Excadrill in strength just that vs each other Dragonite would when and if they fought the strongest Pokemon that is neutra to either of them, I'd say Dragonite would fare better.

Besides Dragonite is Iris's go-to Pokemon nowadays, she rarely uses Excadrill, granted that could be to shove Dragonite down our throat to make up for it's fairly late capture, but against tough situations, she is preferring to only use Dragonite.

Personally it would be smarter to use both Excadrill and Dragonite, but animators are lazy.
    You almost got there dman, I'm making you guys stop with all this powerlevel discussions, they make no sense, we have no proof that Dragonite or Excadrill are stronger then each other.

Actually she used Excadrill 6 times and Dragonite 6 times this arc.

Page 599 of 694 FirstFirst ... 499549589595596597598599600601602603609649 ... LastLast