Page 600 of 694 FirstFirst ... 500550590596597598599600601602603604610650 ... LastLast
Results 14,976 to 15,000 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Ninfia View Post
    I want something to happen. The last evolution was Krookodile, and the only team change came from adding Charizard. Ash team feels like it's stagnating, though the new moves have made the teams a little more interesting.
    Why's it even matter at this point, we're at the tail end of this series and the only battling to be done will likely be against TR and random Pokemon of the day.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Why's it even matter at this point, we're at the tail end of this series and the only battling to be done will likely be against TR and random Pokemon of the day.
    Same could be said about like dawn's togekiss.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Same could be said about like dawn's togekiss.
    BS... Dawn still had the Grand Festival
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I think Palpitoad deserves one the most. He needs more development and attention.
    Palpitoad deserves nothing:
    - No personal growth
    - No battling growth, aside from using a (fourth!!!) move
    - No outside of battling appearances.

Having Palpitoad evolve would be the most forced thing EVER, since Quilava, at this point. No evolution is going to make up that he hasn't appeared outside of a battle field since being caught!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninfia View Post
    I want something to happen. The last evolution was Krookodile, and the only team change came from adding Charizard. Ash team feels like it's stagnating, though the new moves have made the teams a little more interesting.

Palpitoad's pretty powerful now. While I think an evo would be a good way to give it attention, I feel like it doesn't really need one. They should just give it an episode or two in the limelight.
    Wait a second, what new moves? You mean Sludge Wave, X-Scissor, Aerial Ace and Brick Break? Those moves haven't been used since the league!

Exactly, and Togekiss proved such a great addition in that GF!
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I fail to see how that's applicable on the basis, she only used Togekiss once, and it lost (thankfully not by knockout), and the GF was only a couple of episodes long, then it did like nothing since that point.

If there is a four episode battle tournament even it's three episodes away from the final episode, is that really going to make you feel the same way, as in "what's the point?"

I keep asking what's the point in Togekiss, I mean if it went to Ash, it would've at least had more of a point, because it could be used, who knows if we'll ever see Dawn again, and even then who knows if Dawn will actually legitimately use Togekiss again.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

July Kids set is announced, and its namesake is Sylveon. Yes, this is primarly about the movie if not only about the movie.

So far it contains Emolga, Sylveon, Genesect, Red Genesect, and Pikachu.

Also, some irrelevant swimming tubes for May 8th,
        Spoiler:- I miss the Kyurem formes:
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 21st April 2013 at 10:21 AM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I fail to see how that's applicable on the basis, she only used Togekiss once, and it lost (thankfully not by knockout), and the GF was only a couple of episodes long, then it did like nothing since that point.

If there is a four episode battle tournament even it's three episodes away from the final episode, is that really going to make you feel the same way, as in "what's the point?"

I keep asking what's the point in Togekiss, I mean if it went to Ash, it would've at least had more of a point, because it could be used, who knows if we'll ever see Dawn again, and even then who knows if Dawn will actually legitimately use Togekiss again.
    This is like why did Ash capture Palpitoad? Clearly anything else could have been used in it's place just as effectively.

This is like why did Ash capture Palpitoad? Clearly anything else could have been used in it's place just as effectively.
    there are many captures the same could be said of. For example the same could be said of pidove that could've been replaced with ducklett or rufflet.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    there are many captures the same could be said of. For example the same could be said of pidove that could've been replaced with ducklett or rufflet.
    yeah, but he always catches the regions early bird pokemon for publicity reasons. i get what you mean though. there are many pokemon that could have been replaced, but i think with how little screen time palpitoad has had it means that we could have had any other pokemon. it's been in very few episodes and has had very little character development, but i wish it did.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    yeah, but he always catches the regions early bird pokemon for publicity reasons. i get what you mean though. there are many pokemon that could have been replaced, but i think with how little screen time palpitoad has had it means that we could have had any other pokemon. it's been in very few episodes and has had very little character development, but i wish it did.
    the tympole line is my least favourite line of all gen 5 and even I was hoping for more screentime for palpitoad.

the tympole line is my least favourite line of all gen 5 and even I was hoping for more screentime for palpitoad.
    Because of Tympole or you don't like Palpitoad and Seismitoad either? I like Palpitoad and Seismitoad a lot but I really don't care for Tympole even though I don't really dislike it either.

Then I like Gear and Vanilittle but dislike the evos xD.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Because of Tympole or you don't like Palpitoad and Seismitoad either? I like Palpitoad and Seismitoad a lot but I really don't care for Tympole even though I don't really dislike it either.

Then I like Gear and Vanilittle but dislike the evos xD.
    i'm not a fan of the entire line really. To me they all look a little odd,But thats just my personal opinion. I still think an evo for palpitoad would be a good idea.Unless of course gen 6 intoduced a split evo for the line.

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    You can just flat out tell the truth and say that it had none. Using a fourth move isn't character development. For all we know, it might've had the move since the beginning. Or even more hilarious, if Dawn returned and Buneary knew a fourth move, than would that be character development? Emphasis on character, because in Palpitoad's case, there has been none. It learned a move, so there's progression, but there's no change in character, nor shown growth in said character. It's completely the same as when it was caught.

i'm not a fan of the entire line really. To me they all look a little odd,But thats just my personal opinion. I still think an evo for palpitoad would be a good idea. Unless of course gen 6 intoduced a split evo for the line.
    It's a bit what I'm kinda expecting it to do. I mean:

- Tymple = Poliwag
    - Palpitoad = Poliwhirl
    - Seismitoad = Poliwrath
    - ??? = Politoed

I'm not expecting Gen VI to be GenII.2, but I do expect some similarities between the gens. Durant evolving into Bug/Flying and Heatmor evolving into Fire/Steel, mimicking Onix (adding the Steel-type) and Scyther's (reverse) evolutions somewhat. A flying ant and a furnace anteater seem legitimate options.

Eitherway, if Palpitoad gets an evolution, then I hope Ash doesn't let it go to waste any longer.

So, I'll just do a short prediction of Ash's team:
    - ikachu
    - nfezant
    - shawott
    - ignite
    - nivy
    - crafty
    - eavanny
    - alpitoad
    - oldore
    - rookodile

I think one team change is all that is going to happen. I think that it's the most logical choice, and that it has a large chance of happening in the episode in which Ash and Iris have a quarrel. Axew and Scraggy will showcase the bond between them and evolve as a showcase and to turn Ash and Iris' noses in the same direction again. Then they'll have a fight and then we'll see Scrafty no more.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

You can just flat out tell the truth and say that it had none. Using a fourth move isn't character development. For all we know, it might've had the move since the beginning. Or even more hilarious, if Dawn returned and Buneary knew a fourth move, than would that be character development? Emphasis on character, because in Palpitoad's case, there has been none. It learned a move, so there's progression, but there's no change in character, nor shown growth in said character. It's completely the same as when it was caught.

It's a bit what I'm kinda expecting it to do. I mean:

- Tymple = Poliwag
    - Palpitoad = Poliwhirl
    - Seismitoad = Poliwrath
    - ??? = Politoed

I'm not expecting Gen VI to be GenII.2, but I do expect some similarities between the gens. Durant evolving into Bug/Flying and Heatmor evolving into Fire/Steel, mimicking Onix (adding the Steel-type) and Scyther's (reverse) evolutions somewhat. A flying ant and a furnace anteater seem legitimate options.

Eitherway, if Palpitoad gets an evolution, then I hope Ash doesn't let it go to waste any longer.

So, I'll just do a short prediction of Ash's team:
    - ikachu
    - nfezant
    - shawott
    - ignite
    - nivy
    - crafty
    - eavanny
    - alpitoad
    - oldore
    - rookodile

I think one team change is all that is going to happen. I think that it's the most logical choice, and that it has a large chance of happening in the episode in which Ash and Iris have a quarrel. Axew and Scraggy will showcase the bond between them and evolve as a showcase and to turn Ash and Iris' noses in the same direction again. Then they'll have a fight and then we'll see Scrafty no more.
    i can see what you thinking on the team but it think pignite has good odds on evolving as well a scraggy. After as Bianca dosen't seem set to return this would be an ideal time. and it's recent friendship with charizard makes me think something is devloping there.Sort of hero worship if you will. Plus it is a fire type.(we know how the anime treats fire types that can evolve apart from cydaquil.)

i can see what you thinking on the team but it think pignite has good odds on evolving as well a scraggy. After as Bianca dosen't seem set to return this would be an ideal time. and it's recent friendship with charizard makes me think something is devloping there.Sort of hero worship if you will. Plus it is a fire type.(we know how the anime treats fire types that can evolve apart from cydaquil.)
    Cyndaquill eventually evolved as well.. Pignite can evolve, but personally I don't see it having any use anymore. I've calculated the amount of episodes left, along with the 14/15 of which we already know and that means there's about 5 episodes left. None of the episodes scream the need of a strong Fire-type, so I don't really see it as necessary.

Cyndaquill eventually evolved as well.. Pignite can evolve, but personally I don't see it having any use anymore. I've calculated the amount of episodes left, along with the 14/15 of which we already know and that means there's about 5 episodes left. None of the episodes scream the need of a strong Fire-type, so I don't really see it as necessary.
    depends on what the episode's left are.Beside which not all pokemon evolve in episodes that are entirely focused on them. Pidove evolving to tranquil didn't happen until much later in an episode and the episode wasn't really focused on it at all.Plus if he needed a stonger fighting type for a battle and scraggy' was being saved for a last episode evo as many are predicting then it could be possible.

Thank you! I swear "character development" along with "DEM" might as well be another term people like to toss around loosely without even using correctly. Learning a new move isn't character development, learning from an experience and growing and/or changing is character development. Pignite's evolution episode was a perfect example of that in good form or the Excadrill/Beartic episode back in early BW. Getting a new move, getting screen time, something happening does not equate to character development and people need to learn that. "Character development" has a positive connotation so it's used as a way of saying something is good so people use it because of that, just like how "DEM" has a negative connotation so people toss it around as an insult.

Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 19th April 2013 at 1:40 PM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

I could definitely see Scraggy and Axew evolving together at pretty much the end of the arc. Pignite wouldn't surprise me either, but I don't think its as likely.
    Kanto: (x30)
    Orange Islands:
    Johto:
    Hoenn:
    Battle Frontier:
    Sinnoh:
    Unova:

WHO WILL BE NEXT?

Given the suggestion that Cilan could catch a purrloin I started considering what sort of move set it could have here the one i think would be a possible.(if he were to catch one.Thats a big IF)

Ability-prankster-it's never been seen in the anime and i think it would be cool to see a pokemon able to use status better.
    Assist-this would be cool because it would open up cilan's battling to using a greater range of moves.(plus imagine it with assist)
    Taunt/torment/hone claws-again with the prankster i thought it would be good for it to have a dark type status move
    Sucker punch/night slash/foul play-needs a direct attack these seemed the most interesting
    grass knot-cilan is grass type trainer in the games(not in the anime) and given that this move is a bit of sneaky move(suits a dark type) i think it seems a cool idea and it hasn't been seen since dp.

what do you think? My asumption is if cilan were to catch something like this it would be his main battler in the region after this (if cilan stays for next season)

Here's hoping Dento catches 1 more Pokemon at least.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Remember when we all thought Oshawott was going to become Ash's main pkmn this region?Yeah...after 5 generations,it's still Charizard.

I wonder if he'll catch the regional bird next gen.I kinda hope not.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Remember when we all thought Oshawott was going to become Ash's main pkmn this region?Yeah...after 5 generations,it's still Charizard.

If he doesn't, then it would be pretty shocking.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by jh941 View Post
    I could definitely see Scraggy and Axew evolving together at pretty much the end of the arc. Pignite wouldn't surprise me either, but I don't think its as likely.
    Now that I think about it, Scraggy didn't appear since the league, which is really weird. The writers need to give some more room for Scraggy, Leavanny and Boldore instead of Krookodile, Oshawott and Pignite who appear all the time.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post

That is like saying he won't get a starter next region.

Page 600 of 694 FirstFirst ... 500550590596597598599600601602603604610650 ... LastLast