Page 608 of 694 FirstFirst ... 508558598604605606607608609610611612618658 ... LastLast
Results 15,176 to 15,200 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

So out of all of his unova pokemon that he would bring with to the next region, iy would be the most overused and the weakest one?
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    So out of all of his unova pokemon that he would bring with to the next region, iy would be the most overused and the weakest one?
    Just because of how most of his battles went, it doesn't make Oshawott weak. Weak and strong are tooo different things, but he isn't weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I could see Oshawott staying in rotation for next Gen, pulling off something akin to Johto with Ash slowly replacing his Unova Pokemon and both PokeFrance and Unova factions battling at the league would be nice. Of course obviously done ones like Unfezant, Krookodile, etc. won't be in this hypothetical scenario.
    I'm not entirely sure on that one. If they manage to make Froakie as marketable as the likes of Piplup and Oshawott, then the latter won't be needed. Though given it's success in this gen in marketing, and with it's personality, it'd likely have the highest chance of the Unova pokemon. Though, I can't personally see it happening.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Just because of how most of his battles went, it doesn't make Oshawott weak. Weak and strong are tooo different things, but he isn't weak.
    Then tell me which other pokemon of ash's from unova is weaker than him? And yes, how most of your battles go does determine what your strength level is. If you lost the majority of battles, I dknt see how can still be considered strong .

Named Admiral Sentret

Then tell me which other pokemon of ash's from unova is weaker than him?
    I don't think any of them are weak, they have their merits, people expect way too much of them like they have to be a carbon copy of his other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post
    I'm not entirely sure on that one. If they manage to make Froakie as marketable as the likes of Piplup and Oshawott, then the latter won't be needed. Though given it's success in this gen in marketing, and with it's personality, it'd likely have the highest chance of the Unova pokemon. Though, I can't personally see it happening.
    Agreed. I don't see that happening. I think the producers focus more on marketing the newest games, so that people will be incited to buy them. I doubt they're going to risk potential marketability of the 6th Gen starters for Oshawott. I can see him being "boxed" and maybe have a return during the eventual post-League quest of the next series, though.
    Last edited by Cresselia92; 7th May 2013 at 6:58 PM.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Check out my little sprite gallery by clicking here!

The could get Ash Chespin or Fennekin and Froakie could get Mudkip'd a go to the unimportant 3rd main character. I don't know the exact figures but I know Hoenn's starters werent as marketable as Kanto,Johto and perhaps even Sinnoh.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Froakie is pretty cool if his evolutions are as cool he can be the cool pokemon, doesn't need to be cutesy,he is cute though to me atleast but I guess the others are more focused on cuteness then Froakie.

The writers should just market the fully evolved starters since the first forms never stick that long with you anyway. Level 16(the average) comes quite fast. They're marketing something that can't be properly used in the games. But of course, there's also merch.
    XY group / Amourshipping Christmas fan comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/1061...-were-a-bit-of

My art: http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    The writers should just market the fully evolved starters since the first forms never stick that long with you anyway. Level 16(the average) comes quite fast. They're marketing something that can't be properly used in the games. But of course, there's also merch.
    ya i never understood why they need to market the first stage of starter pokemon...thats just one of the reasons that comes to mind as being silly

Yeah it's like if someone had Ash's team in the games, it's unlikely they'd still have Oshawott and Snivy throughout the whole journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Agreed. I don't see that happening. I think the producers focus more on marketing the newest games, so that people will be incited to buy them. I doubt they're going to risk potential marketability of the 6th Gen starters for Oshawott. I can see him being "boxed" and maybe have a return during the eventual post-League quest of the next series, though.
    We don't yet know exactly how marketable the Generation 6 Starters are though. Heck, we don't even know if Ash will get all three again this time or if he'll only get one like in AG. I fail to see what the problem would be in bringing Oshawott along given his popularity and the fact that he could still use some development. I can see the next saga being Johto's twin in that Ash could bring some of his older Pokemon and slowly replace them with Gen 6 Pokemon as he travels.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Compared to the rest of the team he is.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    We don't yet know exactly how marketable the Generation 6 Starters are though. Heck, we don't even know if Ash will get all three again this time or if he'll only get one like in AG. I fail to see what the problem would be in bringing Oshawott along given his popularity and the fact that he could still use some development. I can see the next saga being Johto's twin in that Ash could bring some of his older Pokemon and slowly replace them with Gen 6 Pokemon as he travels.
    You're forgetting that Johto wasn't it's own series. Even in Japan it was part of the original series. So XY will likely be it's own separate saga like AG, DP, and BW were.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Yeah it's like if someone had Ash's team in the games, it's unlikely they'd still have Oshawott and Snivy throughout the whole journey.
    Well, the funny thing is that I actually did play through the game with a team identical to Ash's(with a couple additions, but still every mon he has in BW). xD But yeah, it isn't easy to play with the likes of Oshawott and Snivy lol.
    Last edited by Rohanator; 7th May 2013 at 9:31 PM.
    XY group / Amourshipping Christmas fan comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/1061...-were-a-bit-of

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Time has changed, though. It seems that now the show is more geared toward the marketability. And besides... Johto was connected to Kanto both in the games and in the anime, while the other regions are taken as separated regions. And so what if Oshawott is popular? Piplup was really popular back in DP and yet he left the main cast. Oshawott isn't different, they can replace him if they want.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Time has changed, though. It seems that now the show is more geared toward the marketability. And besides... Johto was connected to Kanto both in the games and in the anime, while the other regions are taken as separated regions. And so what if Oshawott is popular? Piplup was really popular back in DP and yet he left the main cast. Oshawott isn't different, they can replace him if they want.
    true and although he is marketable he has become quite annoying. his comic relief duties are no longer needed now tr are back to their old ways. i doubt he'll stay on. ash will probably start anew like last time.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

Hear hear, writers! I 100% agree. I'm fed up with the starters rarely fully evolving, I thought Sinnoh would be the end of it, but alas the writers were seeking regression all-round when they started BW. I hope in 6th gen Ash gets only as many starters as the writers will bother to fully evolve and certainly no more. If starters have to remain unevolved, give them to the companions that do nothing. I think the way Oshawott was handled was worse than Piplup, since it meant a slot on Ash's team being wasted rather than a companions. So give Ash 1 or two starters (possibly even three) that will fully evolve and whichever the writers decide won't evolve can go to companions.

I want Ash's final 6th gen team to consist: (BP means breaks pattern, something I desperately wish would happen more often)

-Pikachu
    -A non normal/flying type flying Pokemon, fully evolved BP
    -A fully evolved Froakie BP
    -A fire type of some sort: starter or otherwise
    -A grass type that isn't a starter BP (Ash has had a grass type that isn't a starter, I know, but as in he has never not gotten the grass starter)
    - Perhaps 3/4 6th slot Pokemon (that are rotated fairly with other team members), including:
    A part-Steel type BP
    A part-psychic type BP

- I really want the majority of Ash's team to fully evolve, say 80-90% of them. I'm fed up of his team being a joke.

-Finally that at least one previous generation capture returns and evolves a'la Phanpy and Cyndaquil, perhaps Squirtle, Totodile, Bayleef, Quilava, Gible, Oshawott etc.
    Last edited by naughtynun; 8th May 2013 at 10:19 AM.
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

Why does everyone want to ash to not get the generic bird in the gen? It's a guarantee he will before the anime even starting.

Named Admiral Sentret

Why does everyone want to ash to not get the generic bird in the gen? It's a guarantee he will before the anime even starting.
    You've answered your own question! Its because its practically guaranteed that he will. Its a combination of both wanting to break boring patterns and wanting what you know you can't have! I wouldn't mind so much if the generic bird isn't normal/flying and he still gets it. It isn't impossible as the regional rodent hasn't always been pure normal (Bidoof).

()
    In Training:
    Released:

I want, I like that he gets it every region and hope it always happens even if I don't like the new bird that comes out, let atleast one tradition stay if they want to add another bird go ahead but no need to ditch the starting one.

I really like most bird Pokemon so that's one tradition I don't mind staying. But the water curse must go, good lord.

I really like most bird Pokemon so that's one tradition I don't mind staying. But the water curse must go, good lord.
    I want both to go but definitely the water-type curse!

()
    In Training:
    Released:

Yeah I'm more interested in a water pokemon evolving than anything else.

I don't have problems against the first birds, but I'd like the (eventual) next one to have a more defined personality and to be an integral member of the team (kinda like Swellow and Staraptor), not to be used only as a scouter. Also, I'm all for the water curse going away.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Page 608 of 694 FirstFirst ... 508558598604605606607608609610611612618658 ... LastLast