Page 610 of 694 FirstFirst ... 510560600606607608609610611612613614620660 ... LastLast
Results 15,226 to 15,250 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

  1. #15226
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Yeah, and Snivy is a peeeeerfect example of pokemon staying stale for an entire series.. And Palpitoad having Sludge Wave is the only proof that it exists outside of a battlefield.. -.-
    I agree with Snivy, I have criticized her treatment, they shouldn't have made her so strong at join point and she could have upgraded her move or something, she ws stale the entire region in terms of move development with that, she had her girl rivalry with Emolga and her protective side shown multiple times but in terms of moves yeah, they should have just evolved her specially since at some point they just started making her appear less, so apparently they weren't that interested in promoting her anymore.

    I seriously have no idea why she didn't evolve to freshen up her character a little more.

    Good thing is that she was diferent enough in terms of moves witth Attract and her personality was cool, so I like her a lot but I would have liked something to have changed for her during the region.

  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    there never was a ban
    It wasn't a de-jure ban.

    more akin to a de-facto ban.

    Honestly though, if Surf is back, Earthquake needs to return.

    The Tsunami was triggered by the earthquake so I say now 2 years after is time to move on.

  3. #15228
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Durian Seed View Post
    It wasn't a de-jure ban.

    more akin to a de-facto ban.

    Honestly though, if Surf is back, Earthquake needs to return.

    The Tsunami was triggered by the earthquake so I say now 2 years after is time to move on.
    Earthquakes are more common unfortunately... but it's odd that they ban it on the show only to still use it in the games.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  4. #15229
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Durian Seed View Post
    It wasn't a de-jure ban.

    more akin to a de-facto ban.

    Honestly though, if Surf is back, Earthquake needs to return.

    The Tsunami was triggered by the earthquake so I say now 2 years after is time to move on.
    I don't even think it's been used since Hoenn lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  5. #15230
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I don't even think it's been used since Hoenn lol.
    I think it was Norman's Slaking that used it last. In the anime, Earthquake and Magnitude never seemed powerful. It was more of a move that distracted the foe enough to get a good hit in. I don't recall what Slaking did after using it, but I know it was pretty much the same situation as Ash's Phanpy in the Silver Conference.

    Phanpy used Earthquake to stun Slugma, and made that last Take Down hurt more and KO it. Unlike the games, Earthquake wouldn't be KOing anything because it wouldn't make sense. But the way the animators handled Earth Power and Rock Climb how (literal)ground attacks would make more sense for better damage. I'm surprised we haven't seen Earth Power much at all




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  6. #15231
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    2,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    I think it was Norman's Slaking that used it last. In the anime, Earthquake and Magnitude never seemed powerful. It was more of a move that distracted the foe enough to get a good hit in. I don't recall what Slaking did after using it, but I know it was pretty much the same situation as Ash's Phanpy in the Silver Conference.

    Phanpy used Earthquake to stun Slugma, and made that last Take Down hurt more and KO it. Unlike the games, Earthquake wouldn't be KOing anything because it wouldn't make sense. But the way the animators handled Earth Power and Rock Climb how (literal)ground attacks would make more sense for better damage. I'm surprised we haven't seen Earth Power much at all
    Even if we ignore the potential for offence of the move earthquake cannot be depicted as strong as it should be because in the anime there are so many ways to avoid taking damage from it. Grovyle dodged it by jumping.Some could probably avoid damage by just standing sturdy. Also the anime loves more flashy moves and earthquakes just dons't look the best animated. Earth power on the other hand look significantly more impressive in the anime. Also earthquake has no hidden effects and we know how much they anime likes those. I think the writers are more likely to use bulldoze than earthquake just because 1 lowers speed.

  7. #15232
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,332

    Default

    Instead of earthquake fissure should be used.

  8. #15233
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Instead of earthquake fissure should be used.
    Which is what Earth Power looks like pretty much




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  9. #15234
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,644

    Default

    I think Satoshi would look nice with a Yanchamu. It'd make a nice Fighting-type for him and it's really cute.

  10. #15235
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I think Satoshi would look nice with a Yanchamu. It'd make a nice Fighting-type for him and it's really cute.
    The panda? It seems a quite odd choice to me, but who knows? If it is a speedy Pokemon it will have better chances. Ash isn't quite good with tanks...
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  11. #15236
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    The panda? It seems a quite odd choice to me, but who knows? If it is a speedy Pokemon it will have better chances. Ash isn't quite good with tanks...
    Which is pretty weird since that started in Hoenn with Ash using Torkoal in bad matchups and again with Torterra. Yet in Johto against Clair he used Snorlax as a tank perfectly...and again against Greta albeit with an insane amount of endurance. I don't get it




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  12. #15237
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I think Satoshi would look nice with a Yanchamu. It'd make a nice Fighting-type for him and it's really cute.
    I'd agree if they bring in the rotation system again. if they don't and just stick him with the usual pikachu/flying/grass/water/fire/wild card id prefer something he doesn't have much of total. he's got plenty of fighters so id rather see something like a ghost/psychic or poison

  13. #15238
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    I'd agree if they bring in the rotation system again. if they don't and just stick him with the usual pikachu/flying/grass/water/fire/wild card id prefer something he doesn't have much of total. he's got plenty of fighters so id rather see something like a ghost/psychic or poison
    BW rotation is exactly as you said only replace the flier with the obligatory egg and multiple wildcards that always gets shafted.

  14. #15239
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I think Satoshi would look nice with a Yanchamu. It'd make a nice Fighting-type for him and it's really cute.
    It really does fit him. If ash doesn't get Chespin I could see him getting a Gogoat it could be Torterra done right.

  15. #15240
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Which is pretty weird since that started in Hoenn with Ash using Torkoal in bad matchups and again with Torterra. Yet in Johto against Clair he used Snorlax as a tank perfectly...and again against Greta albeit with an insane amount of endurance. I don't get it
    Well, Snorlax has a different mobility compared to Torkoal and Torterra (and to an extent Boldore), so maybe that's why he can handle it better.

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    I'd agree if they bring in the rotation system again. if they don't and just stick him with the usual pikachu/flying/grass/water/fire/wild card id prefer something he doesn't have much of total. he's got plenty of fighters so id rather see something like a ghost/psychic or poison
    Same. I think the usual combo has a quite good coverage already.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  16. #15241
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,527

    Default

    Looks like Yayakoma will be Ash's next bird Pokemon.

  17. #15242
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,828

    Default

    Wow...the bird looks, well, umm, interesting? It get's Flame Charge!!? That's actually cool
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  18. #15243
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Wow...the bird looks, well, umm, interesting? It get's Flame Charge!!? That's actually cool
    a flame charging robin would make a good addition to Ashs team, plus it would serve to differentiate it from the other birds, which is always a good thing

  19. #15244
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    a flame charging robin would make a good addition to Ashs team, plus it would serve to differentiate it from the other birds, which is always a good thing
    Anything's a step up from Unfezant, who's only unique attack is the bland Air Cutter (which more or less is a long ranged X-Scissor based on animation). Minus Pidgeot for obvious reasons (and now Unfezant), every other bird is unique: Noctowl is shiny and uses mainly special attacks (specifically Ash's only Pokemon capable of learning damaging Psychic attacks), Swellow is highly durable, fast, and the first bird to learn Aerial Ace (not that special, but still), and Staraptor has both Brave Bird and Close Combat.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  20. #15245
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,644

    Default

    It's amazing how the reveal of the new bird causing some to throw shade at Kenharou left and right. Wow.


    Anyway, Yoyokoma seems like a decently designed regional bird. I actually would really like it with Nitro Charge and really hope the writers give it a distinct personality similar to Mijumaru, Tsutarja's, or another non-Flying-type Pokemon. I would really like that for once, since birds never have stand-out personalities.

  21. #15246
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Anyway, Yoyokoma seems like a decently designed regional bird. I actually would really like it with Nitro Charge and really hope the writers give it a distinct personality similar to Mijumaru, Tsutarja's, or another non-Flying-type Pokemon. I would really like that for once, since birds never have stand-out personalities.
    With that majorly expressionless face... personality is gonna be hard to come by
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  22. #15247
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    It's amazing how the reveal of the new bird causing some to throw shade at Kenharou left and right. Wow.


    Anyway, Yoyokoma seems like a decently designed regional bird. I actually would really like it with Nitro Charge and really hope the writers give it a distinct personality similar to Mijumaru, Tsutarja's, or another non-Flying-type Pokemon. I would really like that for once, since birds never have stand-out personalities.
    Staravia's stupidity was a meme back in the day.

  23. #15248
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Staravia's stupidity was a meme back in the day.
    Robot episode?
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  24. #15249
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    It's amazing how the reveal of the new bird causing some to throw shade at Kenharou left and right. Wow.
    What makes Unfezant unique that distinguish her from the other birds, in your opinion? Being female?

    We're comparing what differentiates the various birds and making guesses of how the eventual robin Pokemon will be and how will be handled. Flame Charge is a cool move and if they give it that it's already something unique.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  25. #15250
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Staravia's stupidity was a meme back in the day.
    Yes getting drepressed because he wasn't used in a gym apparently made him a "HUGE PERSONALITY!"(waiting for Dax to come defend his birdy).

Page 610 of 694 FirstFirst ... 510560600606607608609610611612613614620660 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •